Quotes that spell it out clearly

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Quotes that spell it out clearly

"I'm not sure exactly how it all happened today," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said. "Maybe we got inspiration from the Red Sox."

"You throw it, they catch it, they run with it," Brady said. "It makes a good day for a quarterback."

Maybe football isn't that complicated after all....  lol.   Reading between the lines indicates how bewildered these 2 guys have been this season.  Question is whether this performance is repeatable going forward .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Quotes that spell it out clearly

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"I'm not sure exactly how it all happened today," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said. "Maybe we got inspiration from the Red Sox."

"You throw it, they catch it, they run with it," Brady said. "It makes a good day for a quarterback."

Maybe football isn't that complicated after all....  lol.   Reading between the lines indicates how bewildered these 2 guys have been this season.  Question is whether this performance is repeatable going forward .

[/QUOTE]

Nope...can't predict anything this year...as I have said..this season has me drinking Maalox directly from the bottle and I see no reason why it won't continue...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Nope...can't predict anything this year...as I have said..this season has me drinking Maalox directly from the bottle and I see no reason why it won't continue...

Agree.   As great as Brady looked ,  It reminds me of that country song...

"I ain't as great as I once was....      But I'm as great ONCE as I ever was..."

Until proven otherwise...  But if ever there was an encouraging performance ,  this was it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

There might be more to this than people realize...  Winning is contagious in this town...  Brady really seemed to wake up yesterday.

No other way to put it.  He just was instantly the great QB that we all know and love.  Quick, Decisive , Throwing great.  Looking off safeties...  Basically doing all the things we have been begging him to do all season.  One mistake was forcing that ball to Ridley  ...  should have thrown that one away.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Gronk's return to form, Amendola on the field and playing effectively, Dobson maturing and beginning to click with Brady, a running game well executed by competent running backs, an O-line that performed well when it matter the most - that's what I saw.  

Will we see another 600+ yard offensive performance this year?  Hardly think so, but there's reason for optimism.  Time will tell.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

There might be more to this than people realize...  Winning is contagious in this town...  Brady really seemed to wake up yesterday.

No other way to put it.  He just was instantly the great QB that we all know and love.  Quick, Decisive , Throwing great.  Looking off safeties...  Basically doing all the things we have been begging him to do all season.  One mistake was forcing that ball to Ridley  ...  should have thrown that one away.

[/QUOTE]

WOW!  You mean he actually could concentrate on the D rather than worrying about where his receivers were going to be?  Instantly?

Ummm. Ridley FUMBLED

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

They key I see is:

You throw it, THEY CATCH IT...

Gronkowski:  9 of 10

Dobson:  5 of 9

Amendola:  4 of 4

The best tight end in the game, On-The-Mend-Always wasn't on the mend so he was able to use his skill, and a rookie.

The special teams guy went 1 for 4 and the undrafted rookie was in the press box.  The result?  Huge offense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

[QUOTE]

WOW!  You mean he actually could concentrate on the D rather than worrying about where his receivers were going to be?  Instantly?

Ummm. Ridley FUMBLED

[/QUOTE]

Yeah instantly.   This is a performance that was waiting to happen.  The confluence of aggressive play calling and Brady simply SEEING THE FIELD and hitting the open guys.   Simple.    Wasn't doing it before.   Did it yesterday.  Instant on.  No longer tentative, no longer holding the ball.  He just trusted his throwing and let it go.

Its not like players weren't running free before .  He just didnt see them or missed them.

AND UM.....   Brady forced that wobbler with a guy hanging on him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ummm. Ridley FUMBLED

[/QUOTE]

Yeah instantly.   This is a performance that was waiting to happen.  The confluence of aggressive play calling and Brady simply SEEING THE FIELD and hitting the open guys.   Simple.    Wasn't doing it before.   Did it yesterday.  Instant on.  No longer tentative, no longer holding the ball.  He just trusted his throwing and let it go.

Its not like players weren't running free before .  He just didnt see them or missed them.

[/QUOTE]

Ummm, not instant at all unless you mean Gronk being Gronk ( after,3 weeks) and Amandola healthy (entire first half, not).  Dobson and Edelman and Thompkins, Sudfield, not being the focal point happened and that was far from instant.

Rookies finally running correct routes as they are not the point of emphasis, is not instant.

That took 9 games and it's still occurring but not as constant and not as detrimental as it is naturally occurring less, with less reliance on the rookies.

The key is only having 1 rookie as a perimeter option, not 4 rookies, running wild, as your only options. 

That was not instant.

Ummmm, I guess QB's should never throw to receivers with defenders near by.  The 3 plays a game where receivers are wide open should suffice???? 

How bout, just don't fumble after the QB, who is in trouble, gets you the ball?

This notion of the QB being responsible for the other 1O guys on the fields, actions, is so beyond ridiculous.....I don't even think there is a word to describe it. UGH

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Week and week after week, what did we see here with so many comments.. give the team TIME to get it together.  The talent is there and Brady HAS NOT lost it!  This game the receivers CAUGHT the ball he threw at them and, apparently, ran the correct routes.  It also helps to have a healthy Gronk on the field to take a couple defenders away from the other receivers.  Wait until a health Vareen is back...oy!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Week and week after week, what did we see here with so many comments.. give the team TIME to get it together.  The talent is there and Brady HAS NOT lost it!  This game the receivers CAUGHT the ball he threw at them and, apparently, ran the correct routes.  It also helps to have a healthy Gronk on the field to take a couple defenders away from the other receivers.  Wait until a health Vareen is back...oy!!

[/QUOTE]

Having the undrafted rookie in the pressbox and the special teams guy as an afterthought helped, along with the #1 wideout not injured and the best TE in the game closer to full speed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ummm. Ridley FUMBLED

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't even care if  it's a Gomie-like wobbler if he hits the WR in stride. That is a MASSIVE success for Brady, so just enjoy it.

I could not believe he finally hit one.

[/QUOTE]

Actually he's hit 194 ( more if you add in the 20+ drops that should have been catches) of them to date which is about 40 less than Manning, who is not playing with rookies and who is playing with his 120 catch a year guy.  Dope!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Yes, that was Brady. Going through his reads and making accurate passes, if he can continue after the BYE...We good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I think they woke up in the second half of the Miami game and it continued to the following week.  The receivers are getting better.  Brady has more confidence.   The defense is starting to gel.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to msteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think they woke up in the second half of the Miami game and it continued to the following week.  The receivers are getting better.  Brady has more confidence.   The defense is starting to gel.

[/QUOTE]

The receivers aren't getting better.  The bad receivers aren't getting the ball thrown their way as much.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Very true, but the only way you have to judge was that the pass was complete.  What if player ran the "wrong" route and the pass was complete anyway...  hmmm...  head scratcher.

Or what if player ran the right route and pass was incomplete...?  What then or how do you know?

The point is that all of Zbulleenos analysis on option routes as an excuse for the offense failing in past weeks is totally based on guesswork as to what a "correct route " is and is based only on the success of the play... and the default notion that every incompletion was due to a receiver running the wrong route.  Again there is no way to know except the ball went somewheres else.

Sections
Shortcuts