Raiders cut Javon Walker and Greg Ellis...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wiggy26. Show wiggy26's posts

Raiders cut Javon Walker and Greg Ellis...

Any chance pats take a look into one or both of these players?

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/08/raiders-waive-veterans-walker-ellis/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: Raiders cut Javon Walker and Greg Ellis...

I'd give them both a look.  Walker hasnt done anything in a few years, but hey...who has in Oakland.  Ellis was on the radar last offseason.  Lets see if BB takes a look. 

It looks like Crumpler might be the TE/OL that BB is looking for.  He coming for a visit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wiggy26. Show wiggy26's posts

I'd love to see Ellis come to the pats.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

He hasnt done much in a couple of years as well, but it wouldnt hurt to see what he got.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I don't know about either player but I think you'll see more cuts like these (bad contracts) so be patient Patriot fans, good things will happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

good things? did u see the las playoff game, WE STINK.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Ellis at best is a situational pass rusher. He was released because his body broke down and fell apart mid November. At 34 once your body starts going like that it goes downhill real quick, so no thank you. Rather not use the roster spot on him, give it to a yonger guy with maybe less skill but a higher motor that will last the season. Though he would make an interesting rusher if on the field for maybe a dozen plays a game.

Walker did nothing after his big contract and looking back on his stats has trouble staying on the field. He's had 1 full season in the last 5 and averaged about 7 games a year in that period. Why Oak gave him all that money I still have no clue. That was bad even for Davis. Again I'd rather use the roster spot on a player that is going to stay on the field for the full season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Walker has gone downhill dramatically over the past few years after leaving Denver.....Al Davis wasted a lot of money on him.....He would not be worth signing!  I would rather see Bryant

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

I'm not saying Walker has anything left. Because I don't know. I haven't really seen him play in a while. But how good would any WR look with JaMarcus Russell as their QB?  I have a feeling he could make Jerry Rice look awful.

Bill has done some crazy stuff recently. But if Belichick thinks Walker can help this team then I would trust his judgement on that. 

Sections
Shortcuts