Kevin Boothe

Austin Howard

James Jones

Donald penn

Antonio Smith

Justin Tuck

Lamar Woodley

Matt Shaub...

Raiders going for it hard. I wish our GM had the stones to spend big like this! Probably would have won the last 8 super bowls.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Raiders free agent moves continue...

Raiders spend, but, still do not win, it seems, huh?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

All those players are washed up IMO, they did not get any marquee FA's, that's what the raiders are known for trying to revitalize careers! whats the over under for Matt Schaubs pick 6's?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

The Raiders - a team that hasn't had a decent QB/Coach combo since Gannon/Gruden is being compared to a team that has had one of the greatest QB/Coach combos in NFL history for the last 15 years.

Another great comparison, Rust...err, I mean TrueChamp.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I actually like each player the Raiders signed...however, I saw them as complimentary players on a team that was more established a ready to win than the Raiders currently stand.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Add MJD to this list...

Tarell Brown

Kevin Boothe

Austin Howard

James Jones

Donald penn

Antonio Smith

Justin Tuck

Lamar Woodley

Matt Shaub...

Raiders going for it hard. I wish our GM had the stones to spend big like this! Probably would have won the last 8 super bowls.

[/QUOTE]

The GM is desperate and has to win now which I fear he will not do with his team...he's managed to kill his left tackle position because he lost a guy (Valdheer) far better than what he originally wanted to sign (Safford) and what he got (Penn)...many of the guys he signed are heading south and will still probably be on the team after he's gone...he's got a very brief time stamp on his shelf life.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

Add MJD to this list...

Tarell Brown

Kevin Boothe

Austin Howard

James Jones

Donald penn

Antonio Smith

Justin Tuck

Lamar Woodley

Matt Shaub...

[/QUOTE]

consider some facts:

(1) There is a salary cap. We end up spending roughly the same as the Raiders. So we do spend like that just on players WE want, not who the Raiders want

(2) Are you SERIOUSLY asking we emulate the RAIDERS?! really? REALLY! REALLY??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The Raiders have to compete with the Broncos. Some decent defensive signings. MJD could be interesting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

Add MJD to this list...

Tarell Brown

Kevin Boothe

Austin Howard

James Jones

Donald penn

Antonio Smith

Justin Tuck

Lamar Woodley

Matt Shaub...

[/QUOTE]

Relax truechamp! Those are the type of players we used to sign (washed up has- beens) - they won't win a thing. And it will be even worse because they don't have Brady or Belichick.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LOL

That's what a cap hell does folks.  What appears to be good FA moves, every single signing is an older player with a name on the jersey looking for one last final payday and using the Raiders and their fans.

Mt Hurlie loves moves like this. Loves em! bawhahah

[/QUOTE]

Every single one of these players would of been roundly applauded by you last year (or any year). Why? Because you are delusional. You would of without a doubt peed your pants in joy!! I'm glad the best gM of all time decided it was about time to try a different approach.

You got yourself banned again, dummy? What was it this time? Was it the those big bad scary mods? Well at least the board got to enjoy a few days without the village idiot running around ruining every thread on boston.com.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Add MJD to this list...

Tarell Brown

Kevin Boothe

Austin Howard

James Jones

Donald penn

Antonio Smith

Justin Tuck

Lamar Woodley

Matt Shaub...

God as my witness.  I take the Revis move over all the Raiders moves put together.  Browner just makes it that much better.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

The only reason why they signed these guys is because they had the most cap room at the beginning of the offseason. They might as well sign DeSean Jackson he is also has roots in the bay area having played his college ball at UCal-Berkeley.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Add MJD to this list...

Tarell Brown

Kevin Boothe

Austin Howard

James Jones

Donald penn

Antonio Smith

Justin Tuck

Lamar Woodley

Matt Shaub...

[/QUOTE]

consider some facts:

(1) There is a salary cap. We end up spending roughly the same as the Raiders. So we do spend like that just on players WE want, not who the Raiders want

(2) Are you SERIOUSLY asking we emulate the RAIDERS?! really? REALLY! REALLY??

[/QUOTE]

Port,

I feel like you and I have been on this forum long enough for you to know that of course I am absolutely not serious. 

I am sticking one more to the anti BB faction who thinks Belichick isn't a great team builder. They know who they are....

The fact is, this isn't the NBA, every team goes for it every year! Not to say teams like the Browns or Jags with shttaay owners spend to the cap. But most teams go all out every year. BB goes for it every single year... 

BB being the best of the bunch, builds through the draft, signs only core players who are high in character to long term contracts. Guys who "get it", the "Patriot Way" that is. Then he signs key value free agents, usually guys with chips on their shoulders....something to prove. Aging vets who will take less for a shot at the title!

Then, every few years when BB finds the right "deal" he has never been afraid to,....."go for it" with examples I've listed more times then I care to repeat. He has made major moves when he finds the right deal.

With a 10 million dollar increase in the cap, BB secured the best CB in the NFL for a 25% pay cut!?!?!

By doing this from a front office perspective we secured a top 5 CB for a 3 year period(Talib 2 years, and Revis 1) for about 20 million total. That's Talibs contracts plus Revis's 12 mill and it averages about 7 million a year for the last 3 years for a top 5 CB.

Genius.

Revis took less to play for the Patriots, like Wilfork just did.

The Patriot Way is strong in Foxboro....choke on it haters.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Add MJD to this list...

Tarell Brown

Kevin Boothe

Austin Howard

James Jones

Donald penn

Antonio Smith

Justin Tuck

Lamar Woodley

Matt Shaub...

[/QUOTE]

Relax truechamp! Those are the type of players we used to sign (washed up has- beens) - they won't win a thing. And it will be even worse because they don't have Brady or Belichick.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you were one of those guys who was pissed when we brought on Bryon Cox, and Phifer, and Vrabel(a ST's never was, who couldn't get on the field) Bobby Hamilton, Anthony Pleasant, washed up Ted Washington, has been Rodney Harrison, etc...etc... stuck with a runt named Tom Brady over the face of the franchise Drew Bledsoe.

You have been doubting Belichick for 13 years, while he has dragged fans like you kicking and screaming the whole way to the most Super Bowls, the most playoff wins, and the most regular seasons wins since he took this team over 13 years ago. 

You forget yourself sir. You forget, you were once a Patriot fan....or, were you?

Sections
Shortcuts