Raiders lose, Panthers lose, and Vikings win

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Oakland Raiders lose to Miami!!!!! 33-17

In Response to Re: Oakland Raiders lose to Miami!!!!! 33-17:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oakland Raiders lose to Miami!!!!! 33-17 : You're worried about a draft pick now with only a three game lead over Miami?  Who's joking?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Everybody here is "worried" (in your words) about where we will be picking next April...Not sure if you are aware of it but they also have the Panthers 2nd round (which is looking to be 33-35) and they have the Vikings 3rd round pick.

The Patriots have a lot of opportunities in this upcoming draft

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oakland Raiders lose to Miami!!!!! 33-17 : We should still want the teams chasing us to lose.  I assume then you're happy that the Steelers won, also. I worry about draft picks in April, as I am sure the Pats are.
    Try to focus here. The Pats don't own the Bills first round pick and are NO threat to the Pats. The Steelers are now 8-3 and ARE a threat to the Pats playoff seeding. Therefore, I wanted the Bills to win. Do you see how that works or do I need to type slower?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oakland Raiders lose to Miami!!!!! 33-17 : We should still want the teams chasing us to lose.  I assume then you're happy that the Steelers won, also. I worry about draft picks in April, as I am sure the Pats are.

The Raiders and Dolphins were both 5-5 coming in to the game, so both are "chasing" the Pats if you want to look at it that way (I don't but that's your prerogative).  In that scenario where both teams are equal threats, of course we'd prefer the team whose pick the Pats have to lose. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]If the Pats blow a 3 game lead with 5 to play, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.
    Posted by tartarus12[/QUOTE]

Agree with that!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Raiders are currently 5-6

13Sun, Dec 5th, 2010at San_Diego04:05 PMQualcomm Stadium 
    14Sun, Dec 12th, 2010at Jacksonville01:00 PMJacksonville Municipal Stadium 
    15Sun, Dec 19th, 2010Denver04:15 PMOakland Coliseum 
    16Sun, Dec 26th, 2010Indianapolis04:05 PMOakland Coliseum 
    17Sun, Jan 2nd, 2011at Kansas_City01:00 PMArrowhead Stadium

I see them finishing 7-9

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Vikings (Patriots have their 3rd round pick) are 4-7
    12Sun, Nov 28th, 2010at Washington01:00 PMFedEx Field 
    13Sun, Dec 5th, 2010Buffalo01:00 PMMall of America Field at HHH M 
    14Sun, Dec 12th, 2010NY_Giants01:00 PMMall of America Field at HHH M 
    15Mon, Dec 20th, 2010Chicago08:30 PMMall of America Field at HHH M 
    16Sun, Dec 26th, 2010at Philadelphia01:00 PMLincoln Financial Field 
    17Sun, Jan 2nd, 2011at Detroit01:00 PMFord Field 

I seem them finishing 6-10

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]If the Pats blow a 3 game lead with 5 to play, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.
    Posted by tartarus12[/QUOTE]

Ding ding ding

Sad cover-up from a poster who didn't know we had Oakland's 1st rd pick

Congrats to the Dolphins for helping our pick.

I guess I could see us at 11-4 going into the final home game vs. Miami who would have to beat the Jets and 3 other teams to be 10-6 w/ a chance to tie us and most certainly lose the tiebreaker w/ our tough schedule.

Would be pretty cool to see the Dolphins win out and the Jets lose to us and Pitt as well. Then they can tie Miami at 11-5 and maybe NYJ would lose the tiebreaker.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Panthers are 1-10 (Bengals, Lions, and the balls are all 2-9)
    I see the Panthers finishing 3-13

13Sun, Dec 5th, 2010at Seattle04:15 PMQwest Field 
    14Sun, Dec 12th, 2010Atlanta01:00 PMBank of America Stadium 
    15Sun, Dec 19th, 2010Arizona01:00 PMBank of America Stadium 
    16Thu, Dec 23rd, 2010at Pittsburgh08:20 PMHeinz Field 
    17Sun, Jan 2nd, 2011at Atlanta01:00 PMGeorgia Dome

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkindc. Show dkindc's posts

[QUOTE]Would be pretty cool to see the Dolphins win out and the Jets lose to us and Pitt as well.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

The Dolphins play the Pats once more - I don't want them to win out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oakland Raiders lose to Miami!!!!! 33-17 : The Dolphins play the Pats once more - I don't want them to win out.
    Posted by dkindc[/QUOTE]

I meant that it would be cool to see the Dolphins win out IF it meant the Pats were 'resting' players on the final game of the year b/c at 13-3 they's still have homefield for the entire playoffs and that by losing to Miami, the fins tied the Jets and got the wildcard over them.

Is that scenario ok with you?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Raiders lose, Panthers lose, and Vikings win

Denver also lost, we have their 4th rd pick

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Raiders lose, Panthers lose, and Vikings win:
    [QUOTE]Denver also lost, we have their 4th rd pick

I thought Seattle gets the better of the 4th round picks (which will be DEN's)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkindc. Show dkindc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oakland Raiders lose to Miami!!!!! 33-17 : I meant that it would be cool to see the Dolphins win out IF it meant the Pats were 'resting' players on the final game of the year b/c at 13-3 they's still have homefield for the entire playoffs and that by losing to Miami, the fins tied the Jets and got the wildcard over them. Is that scenario ok with you?

Ok - I will tell Bill to put it in the game plan for the last week.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oakland Raiders lose to Miami!!!!! 33-17 : Ok - I will tell Bill to put it in the game plan for the last week.
    Posted by dkindc[/QUOTE]

awww - lil d!ck response after I showed you a GREAT scenario that involved Miami winning out... haha

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Raiders lose, Panthers lose, and Vikings win : I thought Seattle gets the better of the 4th round picks (which will be DEN's)
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Really? That would blow. Do you have a link?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Raiders lose, Panthers lose, and Vikings win : Really? That would blow. Do you have a link?

Let me look for a link

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Man that was a pain

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2013135162_report_deion_br.html

Confirmed: Deion Branch traded for fourth-round pick

Posted by Danny O'Neil

Receiver Deion Branch has been traded to New England for a fourth-round pick. The Seahawks confirmed the trade occurred, but not the specific draft choice. Adam Schefter of ESPN first reported it was a fourth-round pick.

I had been told earlier this afternoon he was being dealt for a fourth-round choice, but could not confirm that until after ESPN first reported the deal.

The Seahawks received a fourth-round pick in exchange for him, and while that's not the first-rounder they gave up to sign him, it is a better-than-expected return for a 31-year-old wide receiver who was making more than $5 million in base salary this season.

Consider that just last week, New England got a third-round pick in exchange for Randy Moss, one of the most productive receivers of all time.

The fourth-round pick Seattle will receive from New England will be the better of the two fourth-round picks the Patriots hold. New England also holds Denver's fourth-round pick by virtue of the Broncos' trade for Laurence Maroney.

Branch played four seasons for Seattle, making more than $13 million in base salary in that time. It's believed his signing bonus was about $7 million.

Branch's number of receptions declined each of his first three seasons in Seattle, a downward trend that ended last season when he caught 45 passes. A starter this season, he ranks No. 2 on the team with 13 catches.

Branch was absent from Seahawks practice Monday for personal reasons.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkindc. Show dkindc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oakland Raiders lose to Miami!!!!! 33-17 : awww - lil d!ck response after I showed you a GREAT scenario that involved Miami winning out... haha

Upon rereading, it was clear in your original post that you meant the Pats lose a meaningless game to keep the Jets out of the playoffs.

And, I meant by my "tell Bill" comment, that it doesn't really matter what is ok with me - I don't know that much about football.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Raiders lose, Panthers lose, and Vikings win : I thought Seattle gets the better of the 4th round picks (which will be DEN's)
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Seattle does get Den's pick. As far as th 3 teams we are watching for all the ones to win I'm glad it was the Viks. Of course that might be because Car will have the most vaule 2nd day pick and well Oak is already a 1st rounder.

This is the time of the year where it starts to get interesting watching where our extra picks will land. All I got to say is THANK YOU Car. If we get the #33 pick you know someone will trade us back into the mid 2nd and give us a 1st for next year too. I'll just laugh and take that to the bank.

My early predictions which will be completely wrong but it's fun (assuming Oak's pick is in the 10-15 range)

A DE the Pats want is gone so they trade back to the late teens while getting an extra 3rd this year and 4th next year. They pick a OLB/DE. They trade their #1 pick for a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year (being the 32nd pick gets you about this). They trade Car's for a 2nd this year and a 1st next year (why is #33 worth more then #32 you ask well after a night to think about it a team decides they really want someone and is willing to pay extra). They trade one of those 4 2nds for a 3rd and a 5th. Then trade a 3rd into a 2nd next year and trade a 3rd and a 5th for a vet this year.

Pats come out with 1 #1's, 3 #2's, 2 #3's this year. A vet to fill a role and 2 #1's, 3 #2's, 2 #4's for next year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Raiders lose, Panthers lose, and Vikings win : Seattle does get Den's pick. As far as th 3 teams we are watching for all the ones to win I'm glad it was the Viks. Of course that might be because Car will have the most vaule 2nd day pick and well Oak is already a 1st rounder. This is the time of the year where it starts to get interesting watching where our extra picks will land. All I got to say is THANK YOU Car. If we get the #33 pick you know someone will trade us back into the mid 2nd and give us a 1st for next year too. I'll just laugh and take that to the bank. My early predictions which will be completely wrong but it's fun (assuming Oak's pick is in the 10-15 range) A DE the Pats want is gone so they trade back to the late teens while getting an extra 3rd this year and 4th next year. They pick a OLB/DE. They trade their #1 pick for a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year (being the 32nd pick gets you about this). They trade Car's for a 2nd this year and a 1st next year (why is #33 worth more then #32 you ask well after a night to think about it a team decides they really want someone and is willing to pay extra). They trade one of those 4 2nds for a 3rd and a 5th. Then trade a 3rd into a 2nd next year and trade a 3rd and a 5th for a vet this year. Pats come out with 1 #1's, 3 #2's, 2 #3's this year. A vet to fill a role and 2 #1's, 3 #2's, 2 #4's for next year.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I feel like BB trading the Carolina pick for a 2nd this year and a 1st next year is almost a given...lol  I would be shocked if he did not trade it

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Raiders are currently 5-6 13 Sun, Dec 5th, 2010 at San_Diego 04:05 PM Qualcomm Stadium   14 Sun, Dec 12th, 2010 at Jacksonville 01:00 PM Jacksonville Municipal Stadium   15 Sun, Dec 19th, 2010 Denver 04:15 PM Oakland Coliseum   16 Sun, Dec 26th, 2010 Indianapolis 04:05 PM Oakland Coliseum   17 Sun, Jan 2nd, 2011 at Kansas_City 01:00 PM Arrowhead Stadium I see them finishing 7-9
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

the most likely win for them is denver. which other game do you think they're going to win? kc? oak got lucky the first time they played. kc is the better team. different outcome next time around.

and even denver is not a sure win for oakland.

i see oak finishing 6-10. i'd say the pick will be between 9 and 12.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]Panthers are 1-10 (Bengals, Lions, and the balls are all 2-9) I see the Panthers finishing 3-13 13 Sun, Dec 5th, 2010 at Seattle 04:15 PM Qwest Field   14 Sun, Dec 12th, 2010 Atlanta 01:00 PM Bank of America Stadium   15 Sun, Dec 19th, 2010 Arizona 01:00 PM Bank of America Stadium   16 Thu, Dec 23rd, 2010 at Pittsburgh 08:20 PM Heinz Field   17 Sun, Jan 2nd, 2011 at Atlanta 01:00 PM Georgia Dome
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Rocky what 2 games do you have them winning????  I see them winning maybe 1 more game, and thats only if teams are resting starters at the end of the year.

Sections
Shortcuts