Raiders' QB of Future, Pryor, Nets a 7 on Wonderlic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Raiders' QB of Future, Pryor, Nets a 7 on Wonderlic

Is there any "wonderlic" why Terrelle Pryor couldn't stay out of trouble off the field?: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/31/report-pryor-scored-a-seven-on-the-wonderlic/ 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Re: Raiders' QB of Future, Pryor, Nets a 7 on Wonderlic

In Response to Raiders' QB of Future, Pryor, Nets a 7 on Wonderlic:
    [QUOTE]     Is there any "wonderlic" why Terrelle Pryor couldn't stay out of trouble off the field?: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/31/report-pryor-scored-a-seven-on-the-wonderlic/  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Even this article goes on to point out that the score means next to nothing.

I don't think he will make it in the NFL, but he sure deserves a chance.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Raiders' QB of Future, Pryor, Nets a 7 on Wonderlic:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Raiders' QB of Future, Pryor, Nets a 7 on Wonderlic : Even this article goes on to point out that the score means next to nothing. I don't think he will make it in the NFL, but he sure deserves a chance.
    Posted by nyjoseph[/QUOTE]

He has a chance. The QB-needy Raiders used their 3rd round pick in the 2012 draft to take him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It is sad to see such a mind go to waste playing football.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

Ryan Leaf scored a 24 or something like that. he should have been a multi time pro bowler and hall of famer if you go by the "wonderlic" test.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Jamarcus Russell Jr.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

More proof os academic "cheating" when it comes to athletes in big collegient sports programs. He's only supposed to get 2 points for correctly spelling his first AND last names, in the correct order, no less. After all, there's got to be SOME challenge to the test.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

And you are surprised by this score?

The Raiders are being destroyed, little by little, by the decrepit old man running things...the NFL should step in and force a sale...but I doubt that will happen until Davis moves the team to LA....then they'll get rid of the hapless old fool....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Lets hope Al Davis sticks around, BB seems to rip him a new one each and every year yet he keeps on dealing with us.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

It's a sad, faulty version of the IQ test.  People have scored low and done alright in the NFL

But he does have legitimate concerns ON FILM

Nonetheless, I'm intrigued that the Raiders are keeping him at QB.  Personally, I think Jason Campbell is extremely underrated.  It's not his fault that the coaching staff changed on a yearly basis in Washington, forcing him to learn new playbooks every year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Just another Dumb azz.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

I'd like to see some of you guys, calling the man dumb, take the test, and see what you score...  Always criticizing someone.  Look, if being dumb lands people NFL contracts, there should be a lot more football players in the NFL...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

i doubt hes going to be the QB of the future, More then likely they will change him to a WR or possibly TE. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

I'm not sure how much bearing the wonderlic has on someone's ability to play football.  But from the sample Wonderlics I've taken, scoring a 7 means he stopped going to class or paying attention in about 5th grade. 

It's going to be a struggle for this guy to play quarterback based solely on the fact that QB is a pretty complicated position at the NFL level.  His score reflects on him not paying attention, not retaining information, or not giving a crap.  All bad signs for a future QB.  It's a bad sign for him. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Raiders' QB of Future, Pryor, Nets a 7 on Wonderlic : To be fair, it does give someone an idea of being able to make correct decisions quickly vs not. So, it does have some value. If you are getting a 7, literally a 7, on a Wonderlic you were either stoned to the bejesus and didn't care, drunk or are pretty dumb. I agree it's not an end-all-be-all scenario for all players, but if there was one player would it would hold more water, it's QB for me. I'd put IQ and football IQ above almost every single physical attribute there is.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I'd agree with that.  I didn't consider the idea of making quick decisions but that's an underrated part of that test. I definitely think it holds some value and more for QB than any other position. 

I mean, a 7 is a ridiculously low score for an adult no matter what position they're playing and who allegedly attended college. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Ben Watson scored a 48 out of 50 one of the highest scores ever and also was a physical freak. He still wasn't a great NFL player. That being said being literate helps in most professions. Dan Marino scored like a 13. He was pretty good....

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]Dan Marino didn't play in an era where defenses were complex.  It's clearly more important to target a Brady clone today in the draft, as opposed to a Jeff George type. That's the point. The Wonderlic means more to a QB or an O Lineman today than it did in 1983. Watson's problem was staying healthy, but he was a good option here. As Vilma said back in 2009, "watch out for Watson". He seems to be doing pretty good in Cleveland with McCoy, too, but intelligence from a TE isn't all that important when you can't stay healthy every year.

Ok I have been avoiding responding to Rusty's post lately for peace sake but did he really just call Dan Marino a Jeff George type??? and downplay his ability by saying defense's were not as complex back then????  EmbarassedEmbarassed

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]No.  Not a Jeff George type, dummy. It's so obvious your reading comprehension suffers as a posing Pats troll. Marino had a GREAT ARM. So did Jeff George. $100 every other person who read my VERY CLEAR and articulate comment about the difference between how you choose a QB today as opposed to the pre cap era, knew EXACTLY what that meant. Football IQ/IQ is more important than arm strength for any GM who knows what he is doing. Maturity, leadership, passion to get better, etc, are other more important factors. hence, why Cutler was dealt to CHicago. Get it?  This is the premise. Not that George was on Marino's level, but the arm strength and throwing was great coming out of college. Uggh. These teenie bopper trolls are just painful in these threads.

I agree..Marino also had as fast a release as I've ever seen, could pick up a blitz and make you pay for it as well as anyone and had a tremendous touch on the deep ball. As much as I hate the Dolphins I'll give Marino his props until I'm long gone. The guy was great. He's one of those guys that carried a pretty mediocre team to the playoffs for quite a few years after a lot of the talent around him disappeared.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]No.  Not a Jeff George type, dummy. It's so obvious your reading comprehension suffers as a posing Pats troll. Marino had a GREAT ARM. So did Jeff George. $100 every other person who read my VERY CLEAR and articulate comment about the difference between how you choose a QB today as opposed to the pre cap era, knew EXACTLY what that meant. Football IQ/IQ is more important than arm strength for any GM who knows what he is doing. Maturity, leadership, passion to get better, etc, are other more important factors. hence, why Cutler was dealt to CHicago. Get it?  This is the premise. Not that George was on Marino's level, but the arm strength and throwing was great coming out of college. Uggh. These teenie bopper trolls are just painful in these threads.

1) You promised me you were putting me on ignore.  Why did you lie?

2) "Marino had a great arm.  Jeff George had a great arm"  So you WERE comparing the two.

3) "Maturity, leadership, passion to get better are other important factors".  No one said they were not.  The topic was about the wonderlic test.  Are you stating that the wonderlic test is an indication of a persons abilities in these areas?

4) Playing QB is not harder now then it was when Marino played.  It was a running league back then, today the NFL is so pass and score friendly receivers get open so much easier today.  Teams Blitz back then, teams blitz now.  It's actually easier to pass against these zones today then man to man coverage in the past.  Why do you think passing numbers are WAY up. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts