raiders will make the playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

raiders will make the playoffs

at least thats what seymour is saying.nothing against sey,but that is a real big bold statement.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/21/seymour-sees-playoffs-for-raiders-in-2009/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: raiders will make the playoffs

He must have gotten over to Berkely. I hear they still make good acid there! Raiders make the playoffs? (insert audio clip of Jim Mora here) What do you think the odds would be in Vegas on that bet? 10,000 to 1? I think the Lions would make the playoffs before Oakland! I guess you gotta "talk the talk" when you work for Uncle Al. They certainly haven't done any walking since 02!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjrpatfan. Show mjrpatfan's posts

Like the attitude big guy.... lets start by sacking Sanchez 6 + times and have the Jets leave Oakland with a "L"..... one game at a time.Tongue out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@ SD, Pitt, Den then at home vs. Cinn and Bal. ah no. Think you have a point there bubthegrub Richard might have been down on haight/ahsbury not so much!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

He must think he still got a pats uniform on. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from radosox. Show radosox's posts

with the Raiders as my second team I would love to see this.  But, bottom line is while they have enough talent, they will never get a good coaching staff until Al is gone.  I can't believe the parteners have not ousted him.  I guess he keeps making them money so they don't care

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Seymour was trapped by the reporter and couldn't think quickly enough to say something like, "We are just looking towards winning this week's game."

I think part of the reason BB traded him was because he failed the Pats basic media relations course.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

I think Seymour meant that the Raiders will be ''attending'' the playoffs(as fans).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Not as long as JaMarcus Russell is their quarterback.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

I like the positive attitude Rich but the only way the Raiders go to the playoffs is if they buy a ticket.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Well, they won't win their division with Denver already 4 games ahead of the lot, but if they beat the New Jersey Jets, they can fight for a WC.

I want to Seemore (Seymour) sacks on the Sanchise come sunday, hard to believe his O-Line has protected him so well only to see him throw 10 picks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

you can see the difference playing for BB vs. another head coach. 

The right answer would have been...I'm not thinking about that, I'm thinking about NY Jets this weekend.

I guarentee that not 1 player on the Pats would have made a prediction like that and thier odds of making the playoffs are far greater than the raiders.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

I think the big had a flash back for a moment and thought he was wearing the Flying Elvis and not the Black and Silver

I am sure his next thought was "Dam, what the heck was I thinking?"

Miss his passion and power

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I think it was the right move given the circumstance.  He was talking about what kind of players on and off the field it takes to be a playoff team, then they asked him out of nowhere if they were going to make it.  Put him on the spot and he said the only thing that was going to be acceptable for his team.  Had he said no, then there would be all kinds of stories talking about how not even the Raiders players believe they can do it and all that nonsense.  So, he at least gave a fake sense of belief that they're good enough to do it.  Lesser of the two evils when put on the spot in my opinion. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: raiders will make the playoffs:
    [QUOTE]I think it was the right move given the circumstance.  He was talking about what kind of players on and off the field it takes to be a playoff team, then they asked him out of nowhere if they were going to make it.  Put him on the spot and he said the only thing that was going to be acceptable for his team.  Had he said no, then there would be all kinds of stories talking about how not even the Raiders players believe they can do it and all that nonsense.  So, he at least gave a fake sense of belief that they're good enough to do it.  Lesser of the two evils when put on the spot in my opinion. 
    Posted by jasonh86[/QUOTE] i think its more like he is being a team leader,or captain.hey im all for seymour getting these guys roused up to beat some of these teams.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/22/seymour-sounds-off-on-giants/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

He's practically delusional to suggest at 2-4 they are within certain grasp of the playoffs.  I think they would be lucky to be .500 this season the way the offense plays.

Sure, Seymour has really helped that Defensive Line considerably and he is proud of it but the team culture hasn't changed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to raiders will make the playoffs:

Hope they do, then they get a playoff schedule in 2010 and the Pats first round pick in 2011 is looking even better.  I'm not seeing anything to indicate they can make it past 6 wins though. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

In Response to raiders will make the playoffs:
    [QUOTE]at least thats what seymour is saying.nothing against sey,but that is a real big bold statement. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/21/seymour-sees-playoffs-for-raiders-in-2009/
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

You know its funny how many misconstrued his statement. 

Seymour was talking about a champions mentality and basically confidence AND THEN he was asked whether he thought the team could make the playoffs. OF COURSE HE WOULD SAY YES. He is trying to lead the team and implement winning habits with his teammates. One winning habit is having goals and the confidence to achieve them. 

Is it a ridiculous notion for the raiders to make the playoffs this year? Probably, but seymour is doing a good job creating a change in mentality. 

After talking about a winning attitude, how else was he supposed to answer the question?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Wouldn't that be super? the AFC championship, in foxboro, blizzard conditions vs the raiders!! Tuck Bowl II!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Seymour was talking about a champions mentality and basically confidence AND THEN he was asked whether he thought the team could make the playoffs. OF COURSE HE WOULD SAY YES.

You're right, if he was asked could they make the playoffs he made the correct response. With 10 games to go even the Titans and Bucs could conceivably face off in the Super Bowl. If he was asked if they would make the playoffs his best answer would have been "no comment".  Now let's look at some other things that could happen:

Repubicans and Democrats could come to an agreement and actually fix the healthcare system.

Your boss could come up to you and say that because you're doing such a bang up job that he's giving you a 10% raise.

Jimmy Hoffa could be found living on a Carribean island in luxury with all his kickback and pension money.

The oil companies could decide that after years of gouging the public on gas prices they were going to lower them to $1.00 a gallon.

The check could actually be lost in the mail.

And Palestinians and Jews could decide to bury the hatchet and stop slaughtering each other.

I think all these things have about the same probability of happening as the Raiders have of making the postseason. Do you feel lucky? Go to Vegas and bet the farm! I'm sure the odds would be great! As for me, I think I'll hold off for now!!!

Sections
Shortcuts