RAIDERS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dangr76. Show dangr76's posts

RAIDERS

Hate to say it but watch the Raiders.  If they keep winning that pick gets worse and worse.  Still a good trade because I think Seymour was at the end of the line but that pick is real important.  I don't think they take a RB - I think they go with a great pass rushing DE if there is one. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

Re: RAIDERS

Raiders are playing well but i still think the pick ends up at the 8-15 range.....................I'll take it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I see a middle of the pack pick, which is still ok. It give you two from the middle to the end of the round so even if there's no cap, you get a better value. I can easily see Belichick flipping one of them into another second and third. This year he may have to be more careful with that because almost everyone on the roster is making a good impact so you have to wonder exactly how many picks will end up sticking.

And I'm glad you realize they're not taking a RB in the first round. This whole Mark Ingram thing is laughable. It ain't happening!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

The Raiders still have time to tank. QB contraversy on the way there. Cable cant settle on who he starts. Could be a Washington lite.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

SouthShoreLurker should be here any minute to chastise us for talking about the Raiders pick.  I think he picked the Raiders to go to the Superbowl so he'll be glad to put us all straight.

Does anyone have a doubt that the Pats will find a good player with the Raiders pick?  I'm guessing they go DL and get another big body that will be here for a decade, regardless of where the pick is.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

Higher pick = bigger risk = larger salary

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phoenix125. Show Phoenix125's posts

I always like to watch bad organizations turn things around.  I wish the Raiders the best after this season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

Two first round picks work for me reguardless of where they are.  Especially with what projects to be one of the first few picks in the second round from Carolina.  If they see someone they really like they could always package a couple of their abundance of picks and move up to get them (I laughed out loud a little when I wrote that).  We took Devin McCourty with pick 27, not too shabby.  As far as the Raiders go I really enjoy watching their style of play.  They went back to the basics and it is providing them a foundation to build a competitive team from, as Patriots fans we should at least be able to respect that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Raiders are posers....they will implode starting this week....they will finish no better than 7-9

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

I see that too... about 7-9, 8-8, 9-7...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

they have a pretty tough schedule no gimmes atartin with kc this week...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

In Response to Re: RAIDERS:
    [QUOTE]I see a middle of the pack pick, which is still ok. It give you two from the middle to the end of the round so even if there's no cap, you get a better value. I can easily see Belichick flipping one of them into another second and third. This year he may have to be more careful with that because almost everyone on the roster is making a good impact so you have to wonder exactly how many picks will end up sticking. And I'm glad you realize they're not taking a RB in the first round. This whole Mark Ingram thing is laughable. It ain't happening!
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

The further back that Raider pick falls, the more likely the Ingram pick is.  They'll be (you'd think) targeting a DE or OLB, maybe a CB.  If you're talking the 3rd best at that position, you're now looking at the best RB...  BPA, right?  No TE's, Likely not a receiver (but maybe).  That should bring you to OL or RB.

My opinion, if you want the best (or possibly 2nd best) avail DE, OLB or even Corner, you need top 15 at worst.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsPat. Show ItsPat's posts

Anyone who says they don't want a top 3 pick, or there is "better value" in a middle of the round pick is just kidding themselves.  Seriously, I want the Raiders to finish with the worst record and get the #1 pick.

First, if BB doesn't want to draft that low he can trade it away, even if he doesn't get fair value for it.  Second, there is a strong possibility if a new labor agreement is signed there will be a salary cap on rookies which makes a top 5 pick very valuable.

Please don't sound stupid and say you would rather a middle round pick because you don't.  Oakland is ruining a very small portion of our enjoyment for our team.  We can make up every excuse we want to say a middle round pick is good but the fact is the lower the pick the better.  We are not looking for a QB so where does the "risk" come into play?  I want Oakland to lose every game!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LawDawg94. Show LawDawg94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RAIDERS : The further back that Raider pick falls, the more likely the Ingram pick is.  They'll be (you'd think) targeting a DE or OLB, maybe a CB.  If you're talking the 3rd best at that position, you're now looking at the best RB...  BPA, right?  No TE's, Likely not a receiver (but maybe).  That should bring you to OL or RB. My opinion, if you want the best (or possibly 2nd best) avail DE, OLB or even Corner, you need top 15 at worst.  
    Posted by norichcrybabies[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LawDawg94. Show LawDawg94's posts

Oops...  I think most fan here are still fixated on drafting need.  The McCourty pick should be a clear indication that BB will draft the "best available" player and not a position of need.  If a non-DE player is rated better than the best DE, I think he'll be BB's pick.  The answer us fans don't have is which player is rated where... 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Trying to figureut what Bill will do is fruitless....right now it looks like a top 10 pick at best....I'm guessing if the Chiefs beat the Raiders they totally implode knowing the playoff race just ended for them....meaning we'll end up with a top 5 pick probably....if the Raiders win their hopes are still alive & we could end up with a 15-20 pick....soooooooooo, lets ROUTE FOR THE CHIEFS & our former coordinators & GM this week(and Matt C. of course)!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

In Response to RAIDERS:
    [QUOTE]Hate to say it but watch the Raiders.  If they keep winning that pick gets worse and worse.  Still a good trade because I think Seymour was at the end of the line but that pick is real important.  I don't think they take a RB - I think they go with a great pass rushing DE if there is one. 
    Posted by dangr76[/QUOTE]

Concur. The Raiders need to get in line and do what they're expected, and almost always do, lose. But the season is only half over, still plenty of time for Cable to beat up an assistant or for Crazy Al to pull one his bizarre stunts and send the team in the expected direction.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wheaty2. Show wheaty2's posts

i dont mind the raiders playing decently. it gets the pick out of the top 10 and i think thats the only way we end up using it this year. if its in the top 10 we will trade it. either way we could still trade one of the picks but the only way we have even a chance of using both first round picks is to have the raiders pick out of the top 10

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Disagree...Bill will use a top 10 pick with no hesitation if it's a player he covits...Pats don't get the oppertunity to pick that high very often...last one was Mayo....so if his guy is there he'll take him...I have no doubt Bill will look to see the needs of teams picking after him & determine if any of those teams need the same style/type player as well & if they don't he'll risk trading back to get more picks either in this draft or next years draft....he did that with Mayo...if it looks questionable the teams after the Patriots need the same guy he won't move back....chess match big time....I could really see him playing games with OUR 1st round pick though...
    I'm really routing against the Panthers as well, lets not forget we got their 2nd & it looks to be in the 33-36 range right now....AWESOME value pick!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

I for one have been more surprised that the Raiders started the season off poorly than the fact that they are challenging for the division .
    ( Spin it any way you want Pats fans - but a win Sunday against the Cheifs and Oakland is just a 1/2 game away from the AFC West divisional lead )

Last year when JaCarcus got injured and Bruce Gradkowski took over , the team showed some grit . They have developing young talent at wr / rb / db & linebacker to go along with proven veteren talent on the D-Line . Their special teams are generally stellar led by possibly the leagues best Punter / Kicker tandem .
     Right now their achilles heel is O -line & INJURY
    ( Namdi / Miller / Murphy / Gradkowski inj'd )

Hopefully Matt Cassell has his best game of the season and the Cheifs dynamic rb tandem helps KC control the game.

A Raiders loss and they can stew about it for two weeks over their Bye and maybe begin to fold .

A win and  ...

ahhh, I'd rather not think about .

The difference from the Raiders faultering badly and going 6-10 ( their average win total over the last decade ) and the Pats getting say the #9 pick

Or ...

Them going 9 - 7 and squeezing out a playoff birth is MONUMENTAL
     ( No matter how we spin it )

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

I wish we had Oaklands 7th round pick instead. First round picks are way more expensive.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Raiders have a tough schedule rest of the way.  I don't see them finishing better than 6-10.  If so, we are likely in the 10-14 slot with their 1st round pick.  Plenty of fine players all positions available then.

Don't sweat the Raiders, they will find new ways to lose!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

[QUOTE]Higher pick = bigger risk = larger salary
    Posted by WCPatsFan[/QUOTE]

could also be bigger reward, and a franchise player

Sections
Shortcuts