Rain Forcasted in Cincinnati on Sunday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Rain Forcasted in Cincinnati on Sunday

Supposedly, there's a 90% chance of rain in Cincinnati this coming Sunday...and that the rain storm could be severe: http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Cincinnati+OH+USOH0188

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Rain Forcasted in Cincinnati on Sunday

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Supposedly, there's a 90% chance of rain in Cincinnati this coming Sunday...and that the rain storm could be severe: http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Cincinnati+OH+USOH0188

I was hoping Brady would crank up the passing game this week against a beat up secondary. If we are forced to try and run against that front seven, its gonna be tough sledding. I def. wouldnt give Ridley too many touches with his ball handling issues.

Let Blount get the bulk of the carries. See if he can wear them down and then try to use your playaction to hit guys over the middle. More worried about our guys holding on to the ball running and securing catches. Brady can still throw in the rain. Not sure about Big Red.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

Looks like Ridley is out for Sunday. I like Blount, but he cannot carry the load by himself. Hopefully Bolden can play. Man, just when the Pats passing attack is supposed to get a boost, the running back corps look thin.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

This cuts both ways.  Southern New England is a pretty windy, wet place, with wind turbines and 42 inches of rain per year.  Brady isn't a long ball expert; he hits short passes in the flats, the kind that work well in the rain and wind.  With the release of Suds I assume that Gronk is stepping on the field on Sunday, and that's a power-up for the running game. 

Cincinnati is 14th in the NFL in passing yardage and 22nd in running yardage, although if Andy Dalton has another stinker of a game (they scored 6 points against Cleveland), Cincy might as well hang it up in any case.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

This cuts both ways.  Southern New England is a pretty windy, wet place, with wind turbines and 42 inches of rain per year.  Brady isn't a long ball expert; he hits short passes in the flats, the kind that work well in the rain and wind.  With the release of Suds I assume that Gronk is stepping on the field on Sunday, and that's a power-up for the running game. 

Cincinnati is 14th in the NFL in passing yardage and 22nd in running yardage, although if Andy Dalton has another stinker of a game (they scored 6 points against Cleveland), Cincy might as well hang it up in any case.

You think Gronk plays because of Suds being released? I thought it was more related to Suds lack of production more than anything else and him wasting a game day roster spot. They most likely signed Collie to be available in case of injury to Edleman in a game. I thought after the good game by Hooman they decided to let him start at TE and keep Develin as the lone true FB. Just my take, but I dont expect to see Gronk this week, esp. if the conditions arent gonna be great.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Gronk ain't playing this weekend. Next week against NO will be his debut. Last year I would have hated the rainy forecast, but I think our running game has evolved to a point where the poor weather, tough passing conditions will actually benefit us. Ridley may be out, but look for Blount to have a nice game. Also, don't discount our WRs to be productive on a lot of short catch and runs. Brady does well throwing short, precise passes in tough conditions. Should be fun!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Gronk playing on a sloppy rain soaked field? Yay, no thanks and I would hope he and BB are smart enough to not have him play if the weather plays out that way.

Dalton put up a stinker against Cle but was very solid against GB. In a rainy game I think he looks to his two TE while Green just runs deep routes to keep the safety honest.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I've seen Brady have incredibly good passing games in the rain.  As Paul alluded to, his short and mid-range game is particularly well-suited for cr@p weather.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Brady is no doubt the better possession passer who could deal with this rain, the problem is who is he throwing to? Besides Edelman nobody has proven they can play in weather. In fact, they're still trying to prove they can play period!

My guess is they do activate Gronk which is why they let Sudfield go and he'll be a decoy.

I also think Blount's going to have 147yds with 3 TD's and have a breakout game. This guy has been #2 most of his career and I think he's sick of it and will show it Sunday. Imagine if he takes on the Dillon role? Let's see......great D, power back and an unproven offense......remind anyone of anything?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Good. I love watching games in the rain. On tv, anyway. hehe

Pats are a good crap weather club. I still remember that one vs the Giants in 2003 when Chatham had that fumble TD and the Pats signed Mike Cloud off the street.

I think Cincy is going to try run it a lot early and often with BJGE.  Front 7 needs to be really cognizant of Bernard on 3rds as the target out of the backfield.

I think Talib can handle Green on his own.  

BJGE has been steadily losing handoffs and RedZone looks to Bernard, even in a sloppy game I think Cincy goes with the more explosive back.

As for our RBs, Blount will probably get more touches than Ridley if the game is really wet and sloppy.

Talib will handle Green fine, it's their two TEs I worry about!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Rain will slow down that pass rush.  Anything that makes Atkins less effective seems like a bonus to us in my book regardless of how it affects anyone else on the field.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

That stadium gets pretty windy down on the river.  Don't forget the kicking game.  We have won the close ones this year, the bengals have not. I like our chances. This is a good front D. This will be a good primer for NO.

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?