Rally C

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Re: Rally C

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to csylvia79's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

ATJ, Tom is both our best asset for success in the near term, yet our biggest hinderance to a having a dynamic offense. Bottom line is that as long as we have a "pro style QB" as in the last decade's style QB, we are limited and must find great balance in our offense between run and pass, and continue to rule in the turnover ratio, if we are to remain successful. Common sense, I know.

There is nothing "common sense" about this post.  Arguing the HOF QB and greatest player in franchise history is preventing us from having a dynamic offense because of his lack of speed is easily the most illogical thing I have ever read on this forum (and that's saying something).  There is literally no way you ever played football at any level let alone professionally.

I played football thru college and for quite a few years in inter-army league.  I wasn't the greatest natural ability and size on the field but I enjoyed it   I have met many Pro's and great college guys, they never have flaunted it the way this guy does.  He doesn't even read like a 51 year old... Maybe I'm totally off but his actions just seem out of place for his age and what should be his knowledge.  Playing word semantics and hardly talking realistic football scenarios has me confused. 

Sorry to confuse you. I think I will just leave you to your ignorance now. How does one with an alias flaunt anything????? You are amazing people. I guess nobody ever told you that you were good enough to be engaged by someone like me. Damn shame. I'm no different than you except I was a much better athlete. Are you looking for some kind of God? Sorry to be just another man.........Had you scored higher on the ASVAB testing, maybe the Air Force woulda taken you. I have a brother there and he believes who I am.......

Almost every time you have posted on here you have to point out how you played the game and were a "PRO".  The way you have worded some of those statements gives the impression that  your  knowledge is better than everyone’s here.

Secondly I scored high enough on the ASVAB to do any job in the military, besides that I have two degrees which I used the military to achieve.  I don’t think I’ve done bad for a person that is physically ungifted and dyslexic.  Oh… and  by the way you choose the Branch you want to serve in and then take an ASVAB to see what jobs you qualify for…. Maybe during the draft in the 70’s it worked that way but things have changed.  If you’re going to try to dis someone at least know what you’re talking about.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Nope, you are wrong again! CREATIVE is what you are talking about there. look up dynamic, Sir, and you will be better off.  As for points per possession: If what you say is correct, then are you telling me that you don't think that we had most points because we had all those extra possessions? Dude, think before you speak! As for Mike Vick, in the right system, with the right coach, with the right attitude, HE COULD HAVE BEEN the greatest QB in NFL history, please say that you don't believe that and you prove your ignorance to everyone watching. Just becasue you don't like him doesn't make it unture! IGNORANT.....

We didn't have extra possessions.  We scored more points per possession.  We were middle of the pack in terms of possessions (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestats).  You are wrong yet again.

I love the excuses you make for Vick.  You claim athleticism is all that matters and then you say he didn't succeed because of coaching and system.  Care to explain that?

Perhaps you should look up the word dynamic.  The first definition listed on dictionary.com: "pertaining to or characterized by energy or effective action; vigorously active or forceful; energetic:"

If you don't think the Patriots offense which ran the most plays in the NFL, ran the fastest plays in the NFL and led the league in points and yards was not "energetic" or "effective" you are the one that is ignorant here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

ATJ, Tom is both our best asset for success in the near term, yet our biggest hinderance to a having a dynamic offense. Bottom line is that as long as we have a "pro style QB" as in the last decade's style QB, we are limited and must find great balance in our offense between run and pass, and continue to rule in the turnover ratio, if we are to remain successful. Common sense, I know.

There is nothing "common sense" about this post.  Arguing the HOF QB and greatest player in franchise history is preventing us from having a dynamic offense because of his lack of speed is easily the most illogical thing I have ever read on this forum (and that's saying something).  There is literally no way you ever played football at any level let alone professionally.

I played football thru college and for quite a few years in inter-army league.  I wasn't the greatest natural ability and size on the field but I enjoyed it   I have met many Pro's and great college guys, they never have flaunted it the way this guy does.  He doesn't even read like a 51 year old... Maybe I'm totally off but his actions just seem out of place for his age and what should be his knowledge.  Playing word semantics and hardly talking realistic football scenarios has me confused. 

Sorry to confuse you. I think I will just leave you to your ignorance now. How does one with an alias flaunt anything????? You are amazing people. I guess nobody ever told you that you were good enough to be engaged by someone like me. Damn shame. I'm no different than you except I was a much better athlete. Are you looking for some kind of God? Sorry to be just another man.........Had you scored higher on the ASVAB testing, maybe the Air Force woulda taken you. I have a brother there and he believes who I am.......

Almost every time you have posted on here you have to point out how you played the game and were a "PRO".  The way you have worded some of those statements gives the impression that  your  knowledge is better than everyone’s here.

Secondly I scored high enough on the ASVAB to do any job in the military, besides that I have two degrees which I used the military to achieve.  I don’t think I’ve done bad for a person that is physically ungifted and dyslexic.  Oh… and  by the way you choose the Branch you want to serve in and then take an ASVAB to see what jobs you qualify for…. Maybe during the draft in the 70’s it worked that way but things have changed.  If you’re going to try to dis someone at least know what you’re talking about.

Dude, I apologize to you for being a jerk. You deserve better treatment. Forgive me. BUT, I simply responded in kind, so don't be a hypocrite! Luv ya, thanks for serving! And, I am who I say I am youg guy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Nope, you are wrong again! CREATIVE is what you are talking about there. look up dynamic, Sir, and you will be better off.  As for points per possession: If what you say is correct, then are you telling me that you don't think that we had most points because we had all those extra possessions? Dude, think before you speak! As for Mike Vick, in the right system, with the right coach, with the right attitude, HE COULD HAVE BEEN the greatest QB in NFL history, please say that you don't believe that and you prove your ignorance to everyone watching. Just becasue you don't like him doesn't make it unture! IGNORANT.....

We didn't have extra possessions.  We scored more points per possession.  We were middle of the pack in terms of possessions (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestats).  You are wrong yet again.

I love the excuses you make for Vick.  You claim athleticism is all that matters and then you say he didn't succeed because of coaching and system.  Care to explain that?

Perhaps you should look up the word dynamic.  The first definition listed on dictionary.com:

"pertaining to or characterized by energy or effective action; vigorously active or forceful; energetic:"

If you don't think the Patriots offense which ran the most plays in the NFL, ran the fastest plays in the NFL and led the league in points and yards was not "energetic" or "effective" you are the one that is ignorant here.

You are a piece of work! Show me where I said that all that matters is athleticism, PLEASE! Just becasue you say it doesn't mean its true! SHOW ME! I made no excuses for VIC. I spoke fact...what excuses??? Show me! AND, I'll give you DYNAMIC if thats the definition you honestly meant, which I am certain it wasn't.....GOOD FOR YOU BRUTHA!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Dude, I apologize to you for being a jerk. You deserve better treatment. Forgive me. BUT, I simply responded in kind, so don't be a hypocrite! Luv ya, thanks for serving! And, I am who I say I am youg guy.

I have no ill will toward you at all... to me this site is just a fun diversion from real life.  I like that there are different personality as long as it stays civil.  

I don't mean to offend you it is just you defiantly are an oddity on this board.  Your writing style and bravado is that of a much younger man.  The main thing I was implying when I said you seemed odd or confusing is that I would have guessed by writing style that you were thirty or under. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The main think I was implying when I said you seemed odd or confusing is that I would have guessed by writing style that you were thirty or under. 

You are being generous.  I would have guessed 12.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

I have no ill will toward you at all... to me this site is just a fun diversion from real life.  I like that there are different personality as long as it stays civil.  

I don't mean to offend you it is just you defiantly are an oddity on this board.  Your writing style and bravado is that of a much younger man.  The main think I was implying when I said you seemed odd or confusing is that I would have guessed by writing style that you were thirty or under. 

I'll take that as a compliment. See I am still in great shape as my ego won't let me get old. I am married to a woman 20-years younger, and I gotta keep a young attitude. I don't mean to sound the way I do, I am just still very young (imature) at heart. Most of us former ballers are! hven't ya noticed.........Hey, and thanks for doing what you do! Believe it not, I am a manager with the US Government with a TS Clearance and am engaged with some of your folks everyday right now for obvious reasons. I love the army and THAAD. Thanks again!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

The main think I was implying when I said you seemed odd or confusing is that I would have guessed by writing style that you were thirty or under. 

Come on, man. I'm here to have some extra fun just like you. I'll say this, At least you got some balls! Cut the crap and be real. I am who I say I am. You don't have to like me, but lets keep it civil at least. I've been a dink, so accept my apology. I ain't a genious, just a former ball player who likes to kick it in BDC sometimes because I'm a huge PATS fan and always was.......Have a beer!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Come on, man. I'm here to have some extra fun just like you. I'll say this, At least you got some balls! Cut the crap and be real. I am who I say I am. You don't have to like me, but lets keep it civil at least. I've been a dink, so accept my apology. I ain't a genious, just a former ball player who likes to kick it in BDC sometimes because I'm a huge PATS fan and always was.......Have a beer!

^^^^ Rusty faking being a former NFL player. LMAO!!!

Get help.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to jfaust1954's comment:

This picture has me rolling! Hahahahaha!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to ATJ's comment: 

Rally, I take you at your word as to who you are and what you've done but I must confess that I'm having some difficulty following your explanations.  And, no, I don't find you intimidating at all nor do I have any expectations beyond reasoned and insightful responses to our inquiries.  I acknowledge that your responses may be all of that but I'm just not able to 'get there from here.'  No disrespect intended; just being candid. 

ATJ, I am sorry that I can't be more clear on what I try to say. The fact that some folks here actually believe that I should speak a certain way, or present myself according to a standard is confusing to me too. See, when I listen to Majic Johnson analyze basketball, I accept that he's not a professor, but just a dude who played basketball very well. I guess I should be a football technologist! Thanks, ATJ. You wouldn't happen to be in Atlanta now with those initials, would ya? If so, we are neighbors.  

Not in Atlanta, Rally.  Grew up in Boston, moved around quite a bit courtesy of Uncle Sam, now live in Connecticut.

Not entirely sure why I'm having difficulty understanding what you're saying so I'll simply chaulk it up to differences in perspective.  I've played the game but certainly not at your level and I'm guessing that's part of it.

You were a corner, Rally.  What do you think of the current crop of DBs?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I think the original poster was being tongue in cheek when asking the titled poster this question, knowing full well it's Rusty on the other end of the keyboard.  If it's not Rusty than this guy is so FOS it's coming out his ears...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I think the original poster was being tongue in cheek when asking the titled poster this question, knowing full well it's Rusty on the other end of the keyboard.  If it's not Rusty than this guy is so FOS it's coming out his ears...

Poor Wozzy, can't ignore what you don't believe? Dude, your insecurities are clear. I'm not Rusty, and I am who I say I am no matter what you say here. Now, put me on ignore so you don't have to cave in to your desire to change the truth. Or, start explaining what it is I'm saying that is FOS. Do you even know why you're saying it? Explain?  And let's try to use more than its just because you think so..........you're like someone who says there's no life in space simply because you've never seen it. I am really me dude. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

This picture has me rolling! Hahahahaha!!

Thanks TB...I'm not at your level but you did motivate me...LOL!

Well if you made that picture then double bravo, dude!! Well done!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Rally, I take you at your word as to who you are and what you've done but I must confess that I'm having some difficulty following your explanations.  And, no, I don't find you intimidating at all nor do I have any expectations beyond reasoned and insightful responses to our inquiries.  I acknowledge that your responses may be all of that but I'm just not able to 'get there from here.'  No disrespect intended; just being candid. 

ATJ, I am sorry that I can't be more clear on what I try to say. The fact that some folks here actually believe that I should speak a certain way, or present myself according to a standard is confusing to me too. See, when I listen to Majic Johnson analyze basketball, I accept that he's not a professor, but just a dude who played basketball very well. I guess I should be a football technologist! Thanks, ATJ. You wouldn't happen to be in Atlanta now with those initials, would ya? If so, we are neighbors.  

Not in Atlanta, Rally.  Grew up in Boston, moved around quite a bit courtesy of Uncle Sam, now live in Connecticut.

Not entirely sure why I'm having difficulty understanding what you're saying so I'll simply chaulk it up to differences in perspective.  I've played the game but certainly not at your level and I'm guessing that's part of it.

You were a corner, Rally.  What do you think of the current crop of DBs?

ATJ, I am a native Bostonian myself, born in th old Chelsea Naval Hospital, just moved around quite a bit as Dad was USN for 30-yrs, but all family now still in BOS. My work recently has taken me all over the world, but ATL is home for a while.... BOS will always be home in my heart!

To answer your question, as a former CB, my thoughts on our present DBs......We have watched through some tough times, no doubt. But, I absolutely feel that with Talib and Dennnard at CB we will have the strongest set of corners to guard the "outside 3rd's" since back in the Asante days. At safety, D MAC has found the position that gives him best chance to be a regular All-pro as his style and instincts are best served when he doesn't have to turn away from watching the play as it developes. He is an excellent tackler and reads plays exceptionally well as long as he doesn't have to worry about truning his hips, and looking away from the ball, and then recapturing the situation, as in CB! Kye Arrington has the perfect blend of agility and pysicality to be in the slot, and having speed linebackers like Jamie Collins, et al, is going to take a whole lot of pressure off the safeties as we have LBs that will be able to run with backs and TEs now. The safeties will be able to be more aggressive and not have to worry as much about those TEs/RBs breaking into the "middle third" uncovered. So many plays involving those types unjustly made our DBs look bad the last couple of seasons. We now have 3 legit FSs with both of the Wilsons and Gregory. To me, Tavon will be a star one day. Overall, we have a secondary with experience together for the most part, resulting in great chemistry. There is no doubt in my mind that this years' D will be the best the Pats have had in many years, and their depth will ensure that injuries aren't as nearly devastating as we've seen in the past.   Back to DBs.....The best group we've had in a long, long time. If we don't win the Superbowl this season, it won't be because of our secondary. As a matter of fact, I feel sure that it won't be because of our D period. So, I think we win it all this year and I don't say that every year like some........

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

Interesting analysis, RallyC. 

I agree wholeheartedly with your analysis, pretty much across the board.  I felt Tavon Wilson looked quite good for a rookie who supposedly wasn't good. lol

He made those two mistakes as the last guy back (one was in Seattle) late in the game, which were sort of inexecusable, but I felt when used as that big nickel, it kept his responsibities lower and he looked quite comfortable as the year went along. Talib's great addition by BB sort of had a trickle down effect.

Dennard looks like a star in the making, IMO.  To be that comfortable out of the gate like that was pretty impressive. Best rookie CB since McCourty, but considering how Dennard wasn't a top rd pick (might have gone in the 2nd), he was pretty impressive. Dare I say Samuel 2003 impressive.

I am an Arrington fan because he is a player who is always on the field and you know what you have with him. Great slot guy, an overachiever on the edge, who can get outmatched with a larger WR.  But, still, IMO, a luxury now because he can play anywhere and you don't lose a ton as opposed to if you just threw an inferior player out there and crossed your fingers.

Sort of like a Hank Poteat thing where you knew he was solid in the slot, but if you had to use him outside, it was game over.

Knowing that I'm in danger of damaging your credibility, Rusty, I gotta tell you....Arrington is absolutely Hank Poteat incarnate! Perfect........They both embody the "diversity" that BB lusts after, and both are GREAT "Strong Safety" types that have CB conver skills and will knock the buggars outta your nose. Great football players.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

Poor Wozzy, can't ignore what you don't believe? Dude, your insecurities are clear. I'm not Rusty, and I am who I say I am no matter what you say here. Now, put me on ignore so you don't have to cave in to your desire to change the truth. Or, start explaining what it is I'm saying that is FOS. Do you even know why you're saying it? Explain?  And let's try to use more than its just because you think so..........you're like someone who says there's no life in space simply because you've never seen it. I am really me dude. 

I am shocked Woozy has taken the route he has. PatsEng did it as well back in March. I never thought they'd flip because they're intelligent people.  A shame, really. 

Ya know Rusty, when I wake up sometimes and think about all that I have been lucky enough to do in my first 51-years, I can't believe it either....And I am me, LOL! I can't really blame Wozzy for how he is thinking. Not my problem either....I am one of the luckiest SOBs that I know. I've had like 5-lives already, any one of which most men would consider a success. Thanks for believing, and mostly for trusting yourself. Sincerely.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

sure he did! NFL CFL and now NORAD!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishingBurgerKingChick. Show BassFishingBurgerKingChick's posts

Oh my Gawd, what a love fest this Rusty and Rally guy have with each other.  They either have to be the same person or boyfriend/girlfriend because this is not normal to see two grown men flirting so much with each other.  I mean seriously, get a room fellas.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishingBurgerKingChick. Show BassFishingBurgerKingChick's posts

In response to BassFishingBurgerKingChick's comment:

Oh my Gawd, what a love fest this Rusty and Rally guy have with each other.  They either have to be the same person or boyfriend/girlfriend because this is not normal to see two grown men flirting so much with each other.  I mean seriously, get a room fellas.