Rams cutting many season ticket prices!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Re: Rams cutting many season ticket prices!

Considering most teams with new stadiums charge at least $5k per seat for personal seat licenses in addition to the cost of the tickets Pats prices aren't bad.  Check out what it costs to go to a game in Dallas or the new stadium in the Meadowlands.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Rams cutting many season ticket prices!:
    This is the only gripe fans have. The tickets not being lowered in a depression during less than stellar seasons and parking at an obscene $40.  he raised them when they won SBS and even when they didn't. He can lower them as well to show good business practices.
    Posted by russgriswold

Considering that the operating costs of the stadium increase every year how would it be good business practice to lower seat prices? Do you expect the employees to take a pay cut or the suppliers of goods, electricity and natural gas to lower their prices?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Again, we are not in a depression.  Make up your mind.  You're claiming we're in a depression and then accusing me of not reading a newspaper?  Get a clue. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Okay, I'm done with this ridiculous argument.  We are not in a depression.  Period.  Also, why is this only Kraft's problem?  Have prices for gas, groceries, insurance, movies, appliances or anything else been lowered due to the bad economy?  Of course not.  If you don't want to be a "deluded yuppie" who flocks to Gillette then don't.  Again, keep whining, but you simply have no idea what the hell you're talking about. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

It's a depression.  This has been going on for more than 3 years.  The banks hid it long before 2008.   You are clueless.  I suppose the manipulated gas prices in 2005 after Katrina happened was a natural spike in demand, too, right? Nah, had nothing to do with banks controlling oil prices, with skyrocketing costs across the board.  How's the healthcare problem and those costs?  You think corporations aren't laying people off due to inflation and costs?  Check the unemployment and subsequent new job rates lately? You name the industry and it's been whacked.  Less jobs available than previous recessions, means a deeper and longer recession or depression.   How long did it take fantasyland people to realize this was even a recession? What?  2 years?  You can't have the backbone of your economy centered around the service industry. It's not going to work. I have to chuckle at Wilfork and Moss complaining about being paid when they make millions to play football and then deluded yuppies flock to Kraft's stadium like kool aid drinkers on a binge.  I admire the heck out of Kraft, but good business is good business and bad business is bad business.  He needs to lower pricing to reflect the market. Period.
    Posted by russgriswold

Kraft doesnt have to reflect the market, he can do what he wants
    if raising ticket prices means getting crazy conspiracy theorists like you that just complain all day away from patriot place then hell raise the prices

i hope you realize that Kraft could double ticket prices and he would likely sell out at the same rate that the sells out games now

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Yeah, quite a conspiracy. He raised prices with NE having the highest average ticket price and parking in the league. It's a fact, not a conspiracy.  As for the bozo yuppie above who pretends pricing hasn't fallen across the board on everything from the automobile to the home stereo, look again.  My good god are some people living in a bubble.
    Posted by russgriswold

Ever hear of supply and demand? has the demand for tickets gone down or the number of avalible seats gone up? And what car prices have gone down? Expensive gas guzzlers that nobody wants? Home stereos can run into the thousands for high end surround. No price drop there as there's always been cheap low budget models. Same with TVs. Has the price of operating the team and stadium dropped? I don't think so.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

I assume you mean prices on crack because that is what you must be smoking to post such complete nonsense.  Good luck with that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

When I see threads like this I remember my twenties --

Not the years I spent between 19 and 30; sadly those are mostly lost in a fog of misspent youth.

No.

I'm talking about the $20 I would put in my pocket before I left for the game.

Parking: $3.00 and little to no hassle from local (or state) authorities.

End Zone seat: $8.00 and you could pretty much sit wherever you wanted to -- as much as some people like to pretend otherwise, there weren't many fans (although I think maybe what fans there were understood passion a little better).

Beer: $3.00 (3) and no, the beer wasn't very good and we thought three dollars was a lot to pay, but the trick then (as now) was to do the bulk of your drinking at the tailgate.

Oh . . .   and just as an aside to the guy who is looking for bargains during this horrible "depression"  . . .

been to the grocery store lately?