Random thought but what do you think?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Random thought but what do you think?

Probably would have been a hall of famer but who cares.  I happen to enjoy 21st century America where people like Russell and me can get through life being lazy and stupid.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Dude did you also smoke a fatty on the way to work?

It's kinda incoherent to put it nicely.  How could he excel in a different (past) era if you even acknowledge that Blacks were discriminated against in past errors.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Place his bust right next to rohan daveys then.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It's an interesting question, or maybe I'm just bored enough to pretend it is. Who do you blame for a lack of work ethic? Was he raised wrong? Did the money come too easy? Was this kid ever a legitimate prospect? I watched him at LSU and frankly, he kind of sucked most of the time. When he came up #1 in the draft I was flabbergasted. But that's the Raiders for you.

Personally, I think you learn work ethic from your role models, whomever they may be. If this kid is lazy, it's because somebady way back in his formative years taught him that it was okay to be lazy. That his physical gifts rewarded him with retarded money despite the fact that he was not willing to work for it isn't really his fault.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

The work ethic these days dont seem to be like it was when I was a kid. I always worked, delivered 100 news papers a day when I was a kid, fishing boats in the summer, cut grass etc. The age of entitlements is upon us. If it isnt handed out then its not worth getting. I never thought Russel was any good. David thomas helped him out a lot. Its a shame he ripped off the fans of Oakland for 30 large. hopefully the next CBA will have a rookie wage scale and things will be better. I look forward to teams actually thinking about trading up to the number 1 overall cause now it wont cripple their salary cap for the next 5 years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

My bad on the vince young. Dwayne Bowe and Craig davis. I got my busts mixed up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Random thought but what do you think?:
    So I know this is random but I was listening to the radio on my way to work and they brought up JaMarcus Russell going to court today for his drug charge and something they said made me ask myself this random question. If Russell had been born in a different era, if he had grown up in a time when Jim Brown was not even given a Hiesmen Trophy because he was a black man in a time when color played a role in whether you even got drafted do you think he would have been a better QB? Is being lazy and stupid the kind of thing that comes with having it all handed to you? If he had to fight to show the world he was not some dumb you know what back when thats what people thought would he have been a hall of famer? He had all the tools in the world and I have to think in a different time he might have been a huge player. He had a huge arm and he could fight off tackles like Big Ben does so he should have developed but he didnt. What do you guys think? In a different era would he have been one of the great QB's of his time or would he have been just as lazy and stupid?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Yes that is a RANDOM thought. Kind of got away from you didn't it?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

In Response to Re: Random thought but what do you think?:
    In Response to Random thought but what do you think? : Yes that is a RANDOM thought. Kind of got away from you didn't it?
    Posted by gmbill

LMAO!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Random thought but what do you think?:
    Dude did you also smoke a fatty on the way to work? Posted by Tcal2

I love this question. LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

One big difference between these two dudes is that in Jim Browns era players had to have part time summer jobs to make ends meet.  Jamarcus was handed tens-of-millions up front and knew he had reached retirement status before throwing an NFL pass.  Giving all tht money to someone without a killer instinct erased all motivation he would have had in the 1960's/70's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't think so, he is lazy in this era and he would be lazy in that one.  He would have had to fight harder for his shot in HS and college and he wouldn't have.  He's not cut from the same cloth as Jackie Robinson and the other guys.  They didn't develop a work ethic because they had to to make it, they made it because they had a work ethic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

You're right - it is a totally random thought and the point that I think you're trying to make is obscured by your introduction of race into the discussion.  The difference between JaMarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf is exactly what?  If your answer is absoutely nothing you'd be right in my judgment.

My 2 cents.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Easy, my friend, easy.  No one called you a racist nor did I imply it nor did I even think it.  My only point, and I'll attempt to be as crystally clear as I can, is that the introduction of Russell's race into the discussion can distract the reader from the point you are trying to make.  That's all. 

I have no idea what your views are on race nor do I really care.  I'm on this forum for the sole purpose of exchanging views on NFL football and most particularly my favorite team. 

Please - calm down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Haha, more racism from Taz! I knew it.  Cast your electronic stones at him.

Laughing