Random thought: Rondo playing football

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Random thought: Rondo playing football

I know this is a completely random post, but watching last night's Celtics game, a thought came to my head.  How nasty a wide receiver would Rajon Rondo be?  6'1, very light but if he could put on 10 pounds or so, and keep that speed, wow.  Biggest hands I've ever seen, and incredibly long arms. I think it would be nearly impossible for him to drop a pass.  Great leaping ability.  Very shifty as well, would be a threat to score every time he touched the ball.

If he could keep himself in one piece after being hit by defensive backs, I think Rondo could potentially be one of the best play makers in football.  I'm just fine with him on the Celtics, though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHILZONE686. Show PHILZONE686's posts

Re: Random thought: Rondo playing football

I think your right -- he would get rumpled right quick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

You know the sound a pretzel makes in your head while you're chewing it?

When I imagine him stretching out to catch a pass, I hear Rajon Rondo making that sound courtesy of . . .  oh . . . I don't know -- Ryan Clark.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

prairiemike, haha, good stuff.  I agree he'd probably get killed, but I think he could bulk up a bit and still possess his freakish athleticism and long arms/huge hands that could make him a nightmare to defend.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

He's tough so I expect he could do a good job. 10 pounds might not be enough. At 6'1", 190 to 200 pounds is necessary.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zoidrk. Show zoidrk's posts

[Having seen him play in high school, I can tell you without one ounce of doubt that the best offensive tackle in New England is Big Baby Davis. The guy had Orlando Pace written all over him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

zoidrk, interesting.  Davis is exceptionally quick for his size, and certainly has the height to dominate.  He'd clearly have to put some of the weight back on that he's lost in the NBA, but his physical tools are perfect for the position.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FilPats. Show FilPats's posts

Also, KG as wide receiver. Nobody could defend him in the end zone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

too bad they would never make nearly as much money in the nfl

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolpats12. Show coolpats12's posts

Yeah he will be a good receiver what who gets paid more football players or basketball players. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah he will be a good receiver what who gets paid more football players or basketball players. 
    Posted by coolpats12[/QUOTE]

Perk and Glen Davis are probably looking forward to new contracts that would make Asante Samuel happy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]I know this is a completely random post, but watching last night's Celtics game, a thought came to my head.  How nasty a wide receiver would Rajon Rondo be?  6'1, very light but if he could put on 10 pounds or so, and keep that speed, wow.  Biggest hands I've ever seen, and incredibly long arms. I think it would be nearly impossible for him to drop a pass.  Great leaping ability.  Very shifty as well, would be a threat to score every time he touched the ball. If he could keep himself in one piece after being hit by defensive backs, I think Rondo could potentially be one of the best play makers in football.  I'm just fine with him on the Celtics, though.
    Posted by pyegian[/QUOTE]

Currently, my favorite Celtic is Scalabrine because when I first look at him, he makes me think that I could still get into the NBA.

Sections
Shortcuts