randy a niner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

randy a niner

ESPN just said Randy Moss has signed with the 49ers.

Does this open door to Pats getting Wallace and giving up #31. Concievably this is alow offer with a lot of incentives ..so maybe SF would still go after Wallace?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: randy a niner

Good luck to Moss. I hope Alex Smith is what he wanted throwing to him. This could be the last Moss thread this year!  * ha ha I know better*

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

And the 49ers are coming to NE in 2012

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

when Randy shows up who will be throwing to him ... maybe Coach /QB Harbaugh.

Supposedly due to the CBA , harbaugh had to do the throwing ( Saints brought in Brian Bromm). Randy could throw a hissy fit by game 3 " saying I want the guy that threw the good balls in March"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!  Maybe it's BB plan to now trade the 49ers Ocho for Randy.  I bet thats what BB has up his sleeve.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Brett Farve says he wants to come back again with 49ers now that he can have Randy at WR.

Better late than never.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Another in the endless string of stupid moves, or non-moves by our GM.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

This just proves how arrogant and stubborn our head coach is. All this hypocritical "Do your job." BS is just that. He expects his players to perform and sacrifice for the betterment of the team. But he refuses to put his ego aside and hold himself to the same standard he holds his players to.

This is just another example of Bill being Bill. Moss could dramatically upgrade this team at a key position for little money and probably would have been the difference maker when Gronk was hurt and none of the smurfs could get open against a terrible Giants secondary. Yet, he is in San Fran. Because satisfying his ego and holding a grudge was more important to Bill than the team was.

Typical Bill. Seven years and counting. The beat goes on. And nobody seems to notice the Emperor has no clothes. That's most fascinating part of this whole mess. This failed dynasty.

But hey, we still have Chad Johnson. In Bill we trust. Pass the Kool-aid. I like watching my yeam get it face knocked in by stiffs like Eli Manning and Joe Flacco. At least  we made it out of the first round last year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

df5... you watched a different Randy Moss then I did in Minnesotta. He sucked badly. He may still have the physical ability to perform at a decent level if he is motivated but Chris Carter a guy who Randy calls a friend said Moss has a lot of QUIT in him. More then any player he has ever known. 9'ers can have him and if you are a true fan of Patriots (which I suspect is not the case)  then you need to be looking for a younger WR with more upside to be brought in.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: randy a niner:
    [QUOTE]df5... you watched a different Randy Moss then I did in Minnesotta. He sucked badly. He may still have the physical ability to perform at a decent level if he is motivated but Chris Carter a guy who Randy calls a friend said Moss has a lot of QUIT in him. More then any player he has ever known. 9'ers can have him and if you are a true fan of Patriots (which I suspect is not the case)  then you need to be looking for a younger WR with more upside to be brought in.
    Posted by DaBlade[/QUOTE]

Who appointed you as the authority on what constitutes a true Patriot fan?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]when Randy shows up who will be throwing to him ... maybe Coach /QB Harbaugh. Supposedly due to the CBA , harbaugh had to do the throwing ( Saints brought in Brian Bromm). Randy could throw a hissy fit by game 3 " saying I want the guy that threw the good balls in March"
    Posted by mgraham[/QUOTE]

He might throw a hissy fit if the circumstances deteriorate badly enough. But he will never be the punk Logan Mankins is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Could have got Moss on the cheap to fix the deep threat. Since this didn't happen then at the least BB better get Lloyd to come in and have the season of his life.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Could have got Moss on the cheap to fix the deep threat. Since this didn't happen then at the least BB better get Lloyd to come in and have the season of his life.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

I kid you not that I have ZERO confidence he will fix the issue. The odds of being right are certainly on my side. He has managed exactly one big-time deep threat in his entire tenure. Signing Ocho last year is an example of what he thinks fixing an issue is. As a GM, without Brady and BB the coach he would have been fired by now.

The much bigger issue is D anyway, so there's that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: randy a niner : Who appointed you as the authority on what constitutes a true Patriot fan?
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

That's just the typical response you get from the kool aid drinkers anytime you dare question Bill Belichick. You can't reason with them. You aren't a "true fan" Whatever the hell that even means.

Bill is a very good coach. He will be in the Hall of Fame. I get that. But I don't think being a fan means that you turn a blind eye to any faults your team, or coach, may have.

Bill has time and again put his own agenda ahead of the team's. And that doesn't even touch on the arrogance. I still have no idea why the team's best CB (Leigh Bodden) was cut. And neither do any of you. Because Bill doesn't feel like he owes any of the paying customer an explanation. For all you jock sniffers, the truth is Bill looks down on you with disdain. I don't know how much more obvious he could make it. And the players? Most of them wouldn't get a bucket of water for you if you were on fire. So I really don't understand all this displaced loyalty anytime someone is critical of a coach or player.

All I care about is winning titles. That and not having any rapists,wife beaters or murderers on my team. I don't care that the Pats went to the Superbowl. They lost to the Giants. That's an embarrassment, not an accomplishment. The .500 Giants! I don't care that they win 12-14 games every year. It's fool's gold. I'm not impressed. That's the sort of thing that Chargers fans are impressed by.The loss to the Giants should tell you something is wrong here.

This team hasn't done anything since 2004. And hasn't improved one bit since 2007. The faces change. And I will give Bill credit for retooling on the fly and staying competitive. That's not a small accomplishment. But we aren't getting over the hump. We aren't getting better. We are still not a Superbowl caliber team.

I see a coach with a system that is clearly not working. What his system has produced over the last 7 years is mediocrity. That includes 07 with that record setting offense.At the end of the day, you can talk about what a huge impact Samuel had on that game, but Bill and his overmatched coordinators took three and a half quarters to adjust to what the Giants were doing on defense. Another Belichick flaw. He insists on promoting from within. Wether it's arrogance, paranoia or comfort level it is a practice that routinely produces inferior coaching candidates.

What happened fom 01-04 was genius. Bill was three steps ahead of the rest of the league. Funny thing is, people used to say the same thing about Al Davis. Then the league changed and Al didn't. I don't want to see that happen here.

Something in Belichick's system needs to change or we are going to continue getting the same results. I think Brady deserves a huge chunk of the blame pie. 2004 Brady was a much better QB than 2007-2011 Brady. I don't care what the numbers say. I don't think it's all Belichick's fault but I am objective enough to see his weaknesses.

I am going to be very upset if we don't address the defense in a huge way this offseason through the draft and free agency. Enough smoke and mirrors. Let's go into next season with a fighting chance.

I hate to be right, but it was obvious that defense wasn't going to win them a title. When it mattered most, they just didn't have the talent. With all due respect, Manning can't beat a good defense in that situation. He's not that type of QB and the Giants aren't that type of offense.

Of course I wouldn't be surprised to see Bill draft 3 tight ends,a center and a third down back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: randy a niner : That's just the typical response you get from the kool aid drinkers anytime you dare question Bill Belichick. You can't reason with them. You aren't a "true fan" Whatever the hell that even means. Bill is a very good coach. He will be in the Hall of Fame. I get that. But I don't think being a fan means that you turn a blind eye to any faults your team, or coach, may have. Bill has time and again put his own agenda ahead of the team's. And that doesn't even touch on the arrogance. I still have no idea why the team's best CB (Leigh Bodden) was cut. And neither do any of you. Because Bill doesn't feel like he owes any of the paying customer an explanation. For all you jock sniffers, the truth is Bill looks down on you with disdain. I don't know how much more obvious he could make it. And the players? Most of them wouldn't get a bucket of water for you if you were on fire. So I really don't understand all this displaced loyalty anytime someone is critical of a coach or player. All I care about is winning titles. That and not having any rapists,wife beaters or murderers on my team. I don't care that the Pats went to the Superbowl. They lost to the Giants. That's an embarrassment, not an accomplishment. The .500 Giants! I don't care that they win 12-14 games every year. It's fool's gold. I'm not impressed. That's the sort of thing that Chargers fans are impressed by.The loss to the Giants should tell you something is wrong here. This team hasn't done anything since 2004. And hasn't improved one bit since 2007. The faces change. And I will give Bill credit for retooling on the fly and staying competitive. That's not a small accomplishment. But we aren't getting over the hump. We aren't getting better. We are still not a Superbowl caliber team. I see a coach with a system that is clearly not working. What his system has produced over the last 7 years is mediocrity. That includes 07 with that record setting offense.At the end of the day, you can talk about what a huge impact Samuel had on that game, but Bill and his overmatched coordinators took three and a half quarters to adjust to what the Giants were doing on defense. Another Belichick flaw. He insists on promoting from within. Wether it's arrogance, paranoia or comfort level it is a practice that routinely produces inferior coaching candidates. What happened fom 01-04 was genius. Bill was three steps ahead of the rest of the league. Funny thing is, people used to say the same thing about Al Davis. Then the league changed and Al didn't. I don't want to see that happen here. Something in Belichick's system needs to change or we are going to continue getting the same results. I think Brady deserves a huge chunk of the blame pie. 2004 Brady was a much better QB than 2007-2011 Brady. I don't care what the numbers say. I don't think it's all Belichick's fault but I am objective enough to see his weaknesses. I am going to be very upset if we don't address the defense in a huge way this offseason through the draft and free agency. Enough smoke and mirrors. Let's go into next season with a fighting chance. I hate to be right, but it was obvious that defense wasn't going to win them a title. When it mattered most, they just didn't have the talent. With all due respect, Manning can't beat a good defense in that situation. He's not that type of QB and the Giants aren't that type of offense. Of course I wouldn't be surprised to see Bill draft 3 tight ends,a center and a third down back.
    Posted by df5[/QUOTE]

Very well stated sober truth. I don't know that I can agree Brady was better in '04 than now. Overall, I think he's the same guy. He is older and wiser now, but perhaps not as on fire. In either case it's hard to prove that one way or the other. It's the team around him that has changed, and the lack of quality coaching after BB as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

What Brady and Moss had in 07 will never be repeated as there was only one version of the 07 Brady and Moss. I'll never forget it.

I do wish Moss well but it's likely he won't survive the 49'ers pre-season.

I start my day each morning hoping to read that Ocho Stinko has been cut.

Wallace has been tendered so of course the Steelers would and will match any offer the Pats make to him.

Lloyd wants to come here so why not.

Peyton is still going to Houston.

Time for my second cup of java.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Moss is done..........Please no more Moss threads!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: randy a niner : Very well stated sober truth. I don't know that I can agree Brady was better in '04 than now. Overall, I think he's the same guy. He is older and wiser now, but perhaps not as on fire. In either case it's hard to prove that one way or the other. It's the team around him that has changed, and the lack of quality coaching after BB as well.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

See, I feel the complete opposite is true. The thing that I think made Brady special was his cerebral approach to the game. He was the ultimate distributor. He would scan, the field, find the open receiver and drill it in there. Now, he tends to lock in on guys, force balls and take far more chances. He has developed a sort of gunslinger mentality that I blame on 07. I thought that would change when Moss left but it really hasn't. I know we don't have an elite group of receivers. But if a guy is open he should get the ball. And I don't know that that's happening anymore. Not on a consistent enough basis.

Two things to think about: Bill has never won without Charlie and Romeo. And this team has not won since they went away from balance. When they were winning they had a running game and a very good defense.

Brady is not going to get it done by himself. Football doesn't work that way. Look at the elite QBs of the last decade. Brees, Brady and Manning and now Rogers. As far as statistical dominance is concerned. Take out Brady and they have 3 titles between them. I left out Big Ben because he isn't in their league statistically- he's just had the luxury of being on good teams.

We need to beef up this defense. I don't ever want to see a WR at CB again. Seriously. It's not cute. I know Bill thinks it's clever, but it's not. It just makes him look stupid.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Moss hasn't been the same receiver since the middle of the 09' season. He's also showed regression each season in the second half of his seasons since 07'. His body is slowing down and breaking down. It does us no good to have a good deep threat in the first half of a season only to have him disappear in the second half of the season, all while complaining to Brady he doesn't get the ball enough. The Pats problem has never been getting to playoffs it's been winning in the playoffs and that' something Moss has proven in NE; that he can't be affective in the playoffs with the Pats.

If the Saints said he blow them away in a workout and didn't sign him, and it took a WR desperate team like the 49ers to take him then that tells you there was concern about his attitude/effort that the Saints didn't want to take that chance. With Smith tossing him the ball how much do you want to bet by mid-season we will see more of the second half 09'/10' Moss then we will the 07'/08' Moss?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Best of luck to him. I don't think he is the same guy he was. Yeah, great talent fades ... but I think of him like Mike Tyson ... he was a puncher more than a technician. Once that athletic spark goes ... it's just gone. 

The technicians, like Rice or Wayne (for instance) can keep their career going because it was never about physical domination, but technique and saavy.

NE needs to look for something cheap like Lloyd, or something blockbuster like Colston. 

All dollars involved ... Colston's my guy. He has made some huge catches down here in NOLA. He has gret hands, runs all sorts of routes, an is a strider that can (when called upon) get over the top.

If not spending ... Meachem or Lloyd, who have much, much discussed benefits and drawbacks. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Best of luck to him. I don't think he is the same guy he was. Yeah, great talent fades ... but I think of him like Mike Tyson ... he was a puncher more than a technician. Once that athletic spark goes ... it's just gone.  The technicians, like Rice or Wayne (for instance) can keep their career going because it was never about physical domination, but technique and saavy. NE needs to look for something cheap like Lloyd, or something blockbuster like Colston.  All dollars involved ... Colston's my guy. He has made some huge catches down here in NOLA. He has gret hands, runs all sorts of routes, an is a strider that can (when called upon) get over the top. If not spending ... Meachem or Lloyd, who have much, much discussed benefits and drawbacks. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Hey Z, there's questions around if Colston can excel outside the Saints system. Not sure where they came from but analysts say that Colston is very engrained into the Saints system and needs certain structures and plays to be most affective. Now I normally wouldn't be concerned about reports like that but given how difficult it seems to work into the Pats system and given how much Colston is going to demand I'm not sure I'd take the risk.

I'd rather dbl up and grab Lloyd and your choice of Meachem or Morgan which combined should cost the same or less then Colston by himself. What are you thoughts on dbling up instead of going all in for 1 player?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Good for him and now we can put this to bed.

As far as the Mike Wallace thing, what makes you think its any different now. The Pats were never in the market for Randy Moss. Thats the problem on this board.  Lotta people assuming the Pats wanted Randy Moss back. That ship been done left the dock and was never coming back. Now NO MORE RANDY THREADS until after we play them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

[QUOTE]Good for him and now we can put this to bed. As far as the Mike Wallace thing, what makes you think its any different now. The Pats were never in the market for Randy Moss. Thats the problem on this board.  Lotta people assuming the Pats wanted Randy Moss back. That ship been done left the dock and was never coming back. Now NO MORE RANDY THREADS until after we play them.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

We already have Branch Age 32 and Ocho Age 34.  If we brought Randy back at Age 35 we might have had the oldest set of wide receivers in the NFL.  

I can imagine how much this board would be squawking about that.  :) 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: randy a niner : That's just the typical response you get from the kool aid drinkers anytime you dare question Bill Belichick. You can't reason with them. You aren't a "true fan" Whatever the hell that even means. Bill is a very good coach. He will be in the Hall of Fame. I get that. But I don't think being a fan means that you turn a blind eye to any faults your team, or coach, may have. Bill has time and again put his own agenda ahead of the team's. And that doesn't even touch on the arrogance. I still have no idea why the team's best CB (Leigh Bodden) was cut. And neither do any of you. Because Bill doesn't feel like he owes any of the paying customer an explanation. For all you jock sniffers, the truth is Bill looks down on you with disdain. I don't know how much more obvious he could make it. And the players? Most of them wouldn't get a bucket of water for you if you were on fire. So I really don't understand all this displaced loyalty anytime someone is critical of a coach or player. All I care about is winning titles. That and not having any rapists,wife beaters or murderers on my team. I don't care that the Pats went to the Superbowl. They lost to the Giants. That's an embarrassment, not an accomplishment. The .500 Giants! I don't care that they win 12-14 games every year. It's fool's gold. I'm not impressed. That's the sort of thing that Chargers fans are impressed by.The loss to the Giants should tell you something is wrong here. This team hasn't done anything since 2004. And hasn't improved one bit since 2007. The faces change. And I will give Bill credit for retooling on the fly and staying competitive. That's not a small accomplishment. But we aren't getting over the hump. We aren't getting better. We are still not a Superbowl caliber team. I see a coach with a system that is clearly not working. What his system has produced over the last 7 years is mediocrity. That includes 07 with that record setting offense.At the end of the day, you can talk about what a huge impact Samuel had on that game, but Bill and his overmatched coordinators took three and a half quarters to adjust to what the Giants were doing on defense. Another Belichick flaw. He insists on promoting from within. Wether it's arrogance, paranoia or comfort level it is a practice that routinely produces inferior coaching candidates. What happened fom 01-04 was genius. Bill was three steps ahead of the rest of the league. Funny thing is, people used to say the same thing about Al Davis. Then the league changed and Al didn't. I don't want to see that happen here. Something in Belichick's system needs to change or we are going to continue getting the same results. I think Brady deserves a huge chunk of the blame pie. 2004 Brady was a much better QB than 2007-2011 Brady. I don't care what the numbers say. I don't think it's all Belichick's fault but I am objective enough to see his weaknesses. I am going to be very upset if we don't address the defense in a huge way this offseason through the draft and free agency. Enough smoke and mirrors. Let's go into next season with a fighting chance. I hate to be right, but it was obvious that defense wasn't going to win them a title. When it mattered most, they just didn't have the talent. With all due respect, Manning can't beat a good defense in that situation. He's not that type of QB and the Giants aren't that type of offense. Of course I wouldn't be surprised to see Bill draft 3 tight ends,a center and a third down back.
    Posted by df5[/QUOTE]

Um...really? Going to three AFC Championships and 2 Superbowls is nothing? Well, I hate to see how you feel 15 years from now when BB hangs it up and the Pats are struggling like they did in most of the 80's/early 90's.

Also, to say that losing against the Giants is embarrassing is ridiculous. They might have started off around .500 - but that team finished DAMN strong both in '07 and this year. They were not the joke you seemed to think they are.

I'm personally proud to be a fan of this team and think they've had a he11 of a run.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

LOL