randy a niner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: randy a niner

In Response to Re: randy a niner:
    [QUOTE]Best of luck to him. I don't think he is the same guy he was. Yeah, great talent fades ... but I think of him like Mike Tyson ... he was a puncher more than a technician. Once that athletic spark goes ... it's just gone.  The technicians, like Rice or Wayne (for instance) can keep their career going because it was never about physical domination, but technique and saavy. NE needs to look for something cheap like Lloyd, or something blockbuster like Colston.  All dollars involved ... Colston's my guy. He has made some huge catches down here in NOLA. He has gret hands, runs all sorts of routes, an is a strider that can (when called upon) get over the top. If not spending ... Meachem or Lloyd, who have much, much discussed benefits and drawbacks. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

The thing about Moss is that he's freakish, physically. So it could well be that the usual rules of aging might not apply to him because, well, he's a freak. It will be interesting to watch. But taking a chance on him for cheap with an escape clause seemed like a no-brainer. But then BB the GM is as anal as they come.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Moss is done..........Please no more Moss threads!!!
    Posted by LittleTimmy31[/QUOTE]

Little Timmy, be respectful or I'll make a new Moss thread every single day all year!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: randy a niner : Um...really? Going to three AFC Championships and 2 Superbowls is nothing? Well, I hate to see how you feel 15 years from now when BB hangs it up and the Pats are struggling like they did in most of the 80's/early 90's. Also, to say that losing against the Giants is embarrassing is ridiculous. They might have started off around .500 - but that team finished DAMN strong both in '07 and this year. They were not the joke you seemed to think they are. I'm personally proud to be a fan of this team and think they've had a he11 of a run.
    Posted by timesedge[/QUOTE]

It ain't going to be no 15 years. Try in a few when Brady goes south.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: randy a niner : Um...really? Going to three AFC Championships and 2 Superbowls is nothing? Well, I hate to see how you feel 15 years from now when BB hangs it up and the Pats are struggling like they did in most of the 80's/early 90's. Also, to say that losing against the Giants is embarrassing is ridiculous. They might have started off around .500 - but that team finished DAMN strong both in '07 and this year. They were not the joke you seemed to think they are. I'm personally proud to be a fan of this team and think they've had a he11 of a run.
    Posted by timesedge[/QUOTE]

Giants were the 27th ranked defense in the league. They gave up well over 80 points to two finesse offenses in Green Bay and New Orleans. And they have a QB, who when the season started wasn't ranked in the top 15 QBs by his peers. A guy who has the tendency to gag in the big moments on a team that routinely fails to even make the playoffs.

Had we lost to Green Bay or New Orleans there would have been no shame in that. Our defense had no business being on the same field with those offenses and I would have expected a blowout. Or even San Fran's suffocating D would been a really tough matchup. We had the best possible opponent, a cupcake, served up to us and we still couldn't get the job done. That tells me a lot aboutwhere this team is at. People can rationalize it if they want to by claiming the Giants are a good team. But they aren't. They didn't belong anywhere near the Superbowl. And if I'm being completely honest neither did the Pats.

All these twelve win seasons and deep playoff runs are doing for us is keeping us from getting a decent draft picks and keeping us locked in to meiocrity.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'm excited to see how Moss and Crabtree co-exist!

Sections
Shortcuts