Randy being Randy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

Re: Randy being Randy

He should have taken the Patriots contract. Doesn't look like the few extra dollars are buying him "respect" or happiness

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Randy being Randy:
    [QUOTE]The Vikings' board is blowing up about how Randy Moss went off after the game. Apparently, he had high praise for Belichick and the Pats and is . . .   let's say "less than satisfied" with the way he is being used in Minnesota. Anyone besides me not surprised? Here's a link to Judd Zulgad's Twitter page. Great stuff. http://twitter.com/JuddZulgad/status/29322179435
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]
    If there's any iota of truth in Moss' comments, mebbe he'll be back next season Laughing

I'm sure someone on this board that will say it was BB's plan all along.......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Moss is an enigma.  After hearing the latest press conference you have to ask yourself whether anything could really make him happy.  I think the only thing that can really make him happy is if he's making a lot of money playing for a contender while getting to be the focal point of the offense.  Sound familiar? 

Moss was happy in NE after he got a good contract and a lot of touches.  But I think NE realized that they needed to become more multi-dimensional, which precluded Moss from being the focal point and therefore not worth the $9 mil or so it would take to keep him. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

This is kind of disappointing.

Moss gets traded, and people create controversy where there was none, and label him a malcontent without any real proof. They ignore what praise Brady and BB have to say as he's on his way out convinced that 'something' happened to force the trade.

Now he comes back...and UNLIKE Randy of the past, has only glowing things to say about the Pats. About Brady. About BB. About the fans. And about the city.

And now? Now people want to sit back and say "ha ha ha, Randy back to his old tricks...ha ha ha."

I maintained that they traded him because it wasn't a good fit. No blowouts or bad blood. And as far as the "altercation" with OBrien, Brady had a similar "altercation" a week and a half later with the same guy...yet nobody wants to label OBrien a problem.

The situation in MIN is a mess. Moss didn't create that. The coach was publicly criticizing the QB. The QB is completely ignoring the coach. Can he not praise the Pats without people creating an alterior motive? Maybe, oh, I don't know...he was telling the truth?!?!?!?!

Had he not praised the Pats, you same people would be here calling him an ungrateful SOB.

And it's not just Moss. "The grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side." None of you have ever left a job prematurely? Broke up with a great person because it had gotten a little stale? No, I'm sure all of you live your lives without regret, comfortably out of the public scrutiny.

Someone talked about class...well, how classy is it to continue to dump on a guy when he's gone and has been NOTHING but classy when talking about his now former team?

I stood on an island and said we'd be better off without Moss. Now i find myself standing on an island defending the guy because there are some seriously immature fans. Take the high road people, he's gone, you dont need to try to continue to tear him down to be sure you shove it in the faces of all those clowns at ESPN (who I'm on record as being their #1 hater) or other national jamokes who were completely wrong about the impact on the Pats. Randy was a good employee while here, leave it at that. Anything he did here was blown completely out of proportion because of his past. Maybe he deserved that, but he was good in NE. Let it go people, he was one of the most exciting players to ever wear that hideous flying elvis or the revered Pat Patriot.

I have a feeling in 10 years I'll be writing a thread entitled "Unsung Hero #??: Randy Moss"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Randy being Randy:
    [QUOTE] . . . but he got a real taste of reality seeing a less talented coaching staff that is incapable of leading any team, much less the Vikings!
    Posted by SShoreLurker[/QUOTE]

This^, more than anything. Brace yourselves, Pats fans, "the word" is coming. Randy didn't come right out and say it (although he almost did), but he felt "disrespected" when Chilly ignored his advice about what the Pats might try to do and how to counter it. All that talk about how much he missed his teammates and loved the organization in New England was his not-so-thinly-veiled way of saying the Vikings organization is a joke . . .   and let's face it, it is. Tirades like yesterday's (and the one after the Bengals game) are actually counterproductive to what Randy is trying to accomplish -- which is simply to get more money -- but he can't help it.

Hence, the title of this thread.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Randy being Randy : If there's any iota of truth in Moss' comments, mebbe he'll be back next season I'm sure someone on this board that will say it was BB's plan all along.......
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

LMOA...told u someone would create a thread sayin it was planned...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]He is all done. BB said the double coverages were declining for the last YEAR. Revis had it right when he called him slouch. I will always remember him in 07, when he was motivated and had a few miles left on him. Now he's a one trick pony who's been w/the circus a little too long. (BB DID give him qite a lot of respect though if coverage is an indicator, with Meriweather playing 20 yds deep over the top)
    Posted by hang3xc[/QUOTE]

Completely disagree with this.  One trick pony or not he commands double teams regularly, which opened up Welker and Harvin.  Everything underneath was there because he stands on one side of the field.  Ok so Revis shuts him down, just like how he shut down every WR last year, whatever.  If you don't like Moss fine, but the fact is he still scares D's. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy being Randy : Completely disagree with this.  One trick pony or not he commands double teams regularly, which opened up Welker and Harvin.  Everything underneath was there because he stands on one side of the field.  Ok so Revis shuts him down, just like how he shut down every WR last year, whatever.  If you don't like Moss fine, but the fact is he still scares D's. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]
    Like u said, Harvin wouldn't have gotten his 100+ yards if Moss didn't command double coverage.