Randy Moss Ending His Retirement

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Randy Moss Ending His Retirement

Wonder how many Pats fans will be clamoring for the Pats to sign him?  Not me!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/13/randy-moss-says-hes-coming-back/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Re: Randy Moss Ending His Retirement

if you look at his tweets you get the idea he wants back
    Not Sure It will be with the pats .

andy Tweet About the imposter Calling WEEI

Randy Moss 
    Heard there was an imposter on the radio.guess he changed into me for a day!

still In Shape

Randy Moss 
    It hasn't been a full yr yet fans!!my body isn't gone this tank is full!!I didn't leave the game because of fball.something bigger to tackle

After The superBowl
     Randy Moss 
    @ 
     hurt to c tboy like tht Brady fans..

On Welker Drop
     I've dropped my share of balls so idk

This one is curios 

Randy Moss 
     "do your job"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He didn't actually "retire". No one wanted him, big difference there

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

THE MAIN POINT IS :

Can He BE A better decoy than Gronk Yep !! 
    Can He Catch Better Than Ocho Yep!!! 
    Does He Know The PlayBook Yep !! 
    Is He Humbled Yep !! 
    Does He Have Chemistry with brady Yep !! 
    Can He Open Underneath Routes To Welker Yep !! 

Will He Want To Play For Vet Min - Nope !!! 
    the last point is what i think is the difference between  
    playing in NE or somewhere else

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

He is yet another year older.  Didn't play last seasonm and apparently their was no interest by any team.  Some things never die, though they should.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

We need him bad. We don't get enough passing yards. We need to throw the ball more often and Gronk isn't a very good red zone target. We only have 3 players with over 70 receptions where as most teams have like 8 or 9.

We are short on offensive talent. Need more opportunity to throw the football.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Get Lloyd, not Randy.  Ouch!!! That hurt to say it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

OMG, if TFB is saying no to Moss, then you know that it's really over

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Does anybody think Randy could not have produced more than Ocho or Branch this season?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss Ending His Retirement:
    Does anybody think Randy could not have produced more than Ocho or Branch this season?
    Posted by BabeParilli

Branch maybe not, Ocho most likely. But the real question is, would he be happy in Ocho's role? Ocho didn't make any waves or big stinks about not getting the ball, Moss did. That's why Moss isn't with the team anymore.

BTW any team would love to have a #3 WR with Branch's numbers let Moss still couldn't find a single team to take him. That should speak volumes to what other teams think he could provide as a WR and as a teammate

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Not saying the Pats should pick him up, but I have no doubt he would have had better numbers than Branch/Ocho combined. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

If he was really willing to sign for the minimum, absolutely.

I'd even go out on a limb and risk up to 2.5mil for a single season. It's worth the realistic potential to risk that much, but even at his best....at this point, I don't think he's much more than a complimentary, 2 or 3 WR.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Posted by BabeParilli

Absolutely

Moss is Much better that chad johnson. Imagine this lineup next year.

Welker, Llyod and Moss as 1-2-3 recievers, Gronk and Hernadez as TE Riddley in at RB.

Moss is older so he'll be the third option, sitting out some players with welker and lloyd being in on almost every play.

The big thing here is a.)Money and b.) is this 2010 attitude randy or 2007 attitude randy. If hes going to be a team player hes worth what we paid for chad this year 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Okay...let's review....

He shot his mouth off, created drama, and was sent packing out of New England. Then with more drama, he ends up playing for 2 additional teams in the same year.....that's 3 teams in case you weren't counting.

He isn't going change. I loved watching him play here, nobody can deny that he was electric. BUT.....drama queens are not welcome here in New England. You stir the pot, and you're gone.

For those that think he will be back here....get over it. It's simply not going to happen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wilforkfitinham. Show Wilforkfitinham's posts

One handed TD catch over Revis a week before he was traded to the Vikings. Enough said. he sucked in 2010 because he didnt want to play for old yeller then got traded to a team who's QB is now a backup.

13 Rec 220 Yards and 4 TD's in his first 5 games with the Pats in 2010. Compare that to 85 (Not even worth the research) or Branch (59 Rec 702 yards and 5 TD's in 16 games), why wouldn't you take a chance? He basically professed his man crush for Brady and pulled a Wayne's World "We are not worthy" to Bill.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I love the guy and what he did for us, but there's a reason no one wanted him last year...Patriots included.  They need to get a younger, more explosive WR...not an aging one that has shown disinterest during the games.

That said...he's one of the premier pass catchers that ever was.  The way he streaked down the field, putting his hands up at the last second so the DB didn't know the ball was almost there was a thing of beauty.  He gave people that said "Brady is better than Peyton Manning, but didn't have the weapons" an exclamation point on that opinion.  He helps a lot of people out without making fanfare about it. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

OMG, if TFB is saying no to Moss, then you know that it's really over
    Posted by PatsEng

LOL!  Well done!

On the other hand  I would take Lloyd and swap Ocho for Moss.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Wonder why Josh McDaniels never picked him up with the Rams last year?  Might not be a good sign for Moss and the Pats going forward.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

the reason nobody wanted him last year he because he had gone from the pats to the vikings(the vikings were funking terrible) and was cut after two games, and then picked up by the titans at the end of the season when he didnt have a chance to learn the playbook. 

People have the impression that he is terrible, but i think its pretty clear based on his first 5 games with us before he was cut, he still had enough moves to be at the mimium a number three on our team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss Ending His Retirement : Branch maybe not, Ocho most likely. But the real question is, would he be happy in Ocho's role? Ocho didn't make any waves or big stinks about not getting the ball, Moss did. That's why Moss isn't with the team anymore. BTW any team would love to have a #3 WR with Branch's numbers let Moss still couldn't find a single team to take him. That should speak volumes to what other teams think he could provide as a WR and as a teammate
    Posted by PatsEng

Seems you have a number of misconceptions here.

Who was our #2 WR?

Moss made no big stink about not getting the ball.

Ocho made no waves because he stinks. What the hell was Ocho's "role", collect 400 grand a catch? Signing this stiff for 6 mil is one of BB's greatest FAILs ever.

You're confused. Moss was clear that the teams he would play with was a very short list. Saying nobody wanted him is certainly not verified. Carter said the Pats made him a one year offer and that wasn't refuted by anybody.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

A.  Randy Moss will never be humbled. B.  He's never coming back to NE. C.  He's never coming back to NE. D.  He's never coming back to NE. E.  He's never coming back to NE. F.  He's never coming back to NE. G.  He's never coming back to NE. H.  He's never coming back to NE. I.  He's never coming back to NE. J.  He's never coming back to NE. K.  He's never coming back to NE. L.  He's never coming back to NE. M.  He's never coming back to NE. N.  He's never coming back to NE. O.  He's never coming back to NE. P.  He's never coming back to NE. Q.  He's never coming back to NE. R.  He's never coming back to NE. S.  He's never coming back to NE. T.  He's never coming back to NE. U.  He's never coming back to NE. V.  He's never coming back to NE. W.  He's never coming back to NE. X.  He's never coming back to NE. Y.  He's never coming back to NE. Z.  He's never coming back to NE.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Maybe.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

the reason nobody wanted him last year he because he had gone from the pats to the vikings(the vikings were funking terrible) and was cut after two games, and then picked up by the titans at the end of the season when he didnt have a chance to learn the playbook.  People have the impression that he is terrible, but i think its pretty clear based on his first 5 games with us before he was cut, he still had enough moves to be at the mimium a number three on our team.
    Posted by ChasaB

People are brain dead. Moss had plenty left when he left.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss Ending His Retirement : People are brain dead. Moss had plenty left when he left.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Even tho I get blasted about this everytime I bring it up, I do agree with Babe on this.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss Ending His Retirement : Seems you have a number of misconceptions here. Who was our #2 WR? Moss made no big stink about not getting the ball. Ocho made no waves because he stinks. What the hell was Ocho's "role", collect 400 grand a catch? Signing this stiff for 6 mil is one of BB's greatest FAILs ever. You're confused. Moss was clear that the teams he would play with was a very short list. Saying nobody wanted him is certainly not verified. Carter said the Pats made him a one year offer and that wasn't refuted by anybody.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Gronk or Hern was our #2 option, Branch was the #3 option

Did you miss the sideline shots of Moss yelling in Brady's direction about his hand being up, or all those bad throws forced in Moss's direction, or how Moss's attitude changed in 2010 when his looks decreased? You don't need him to say he wants the ball, it's pretty clear by his attitude and reaction when he didn't get the ball.

I'll give you Ocho, but he still didn't make waves either way.

Carter is also the only person who said the Pats offered Moss a contract and that his source was Moss's agent. No one verified that it actually happened either.

It's all about saving face. Do you honestly believe Moss would sit on the couch at his age because there was a short list of teams he played for? I don't think so. Maybe at the beginning of the year but when no offers came in I bet you anything he just wanted to play for any team and no one came calling. Heck the only other team rumored to make him an offer (Phi) according to Carter came out and said it never happened.

Moss was great in his day and I respect what he did for us but his days are over. Time to move on

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SandyRowBelfast. Show SandyRowBelfast's posts

Hope Patsies sign this loser. He's a quitter. He's a whiner. He is a disruption in the lockerroom. He's very soft and fragile. Never takes on a tackler and runs out of bounds for saftey. Guess some Pats fans still arent over that magical 07 season that ended tragically and want the ending back. Some Pats fanss are smart and dont want this coward football player.  

Sections
Shortcuts