Randy Moss Ending His Retirement

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Randy Moss Ending His Retirement

In Response to Re: Randy Moss Ending His Retirement:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss Ending His Retirement : Even tho I get blasted about this everytime I bring it up, I do agree with Babe on this.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Let 'em bash. They don't know what the hell they're talking about.

Randy started 3 games for us in 2010. Projected to 16 starts he would have had 48 catches, 741 yards and 16 TDs. The guy started 51 games for us and had 50 TDs. Amazing.

I SO MUCH would have rather had him for this SB than Ocho or Branch.

Here is an interesting thought. What if Randy rather than Wes had made the "foot" comments. Would the average Pats' fan think it was just funny, or that he was a boat rocker?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss Ending His Retirement : Gronk or Hern was our #2 option, Branch was the #3 option Did you miss the sideline shots of Moss yelling in Brady's direction about his hand being up, or all those bad throws forced in Moss's direction, or how Moss's attitude changed in 2010 when his looks decreased? You don't need him to say he wants the ball, it's pretty clear by his attitude and reaction when he didn't get the ball. I'll give you Ocho, but he still didn't make waves either way. Carter is also the only person who said the Pats offered Moss a contract and that his source was Moss's agent. No one verified that it actually happened either. It's all about saving face. Do you honestly believe Moss would sit on the couch at his age because there was a short list of teams he played for? I don't think so. Maybe at the beginning of the year but when no offers came in I bet you anything he just wanted to play for any team and no one came calling. Heck the only other team rumored to make him an offer (Phi) according to Carter came out and said it never happened. Moss was great in his day and I respect what he did for us but his days are over. Time to move on
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

So our #2 WR was Branch. Thanks for clearing that up. Not so sure the rest of the league would be drooling for a #2 WR of that caliber.

Randy made no waves. He said he loved the team, wanted to stay but didn't think they wanted him. No waves there. Do you think if Wes makes those same comments tomorrow he will be "making waves"?

I'm not going to pretend to know who said what on the sideline and draw a conclusion from that as you are.

I think Randy's agent through Carter is a credible source. If you want to discount that out of hand it just shows you have an agenda. You bet me anything "he just wanted to play for any team and no one came calling"? Now you're just making things up.

Basically you have no realistic grasp at all about Moss and are just spinning your way to stroke your erroneous opinion.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss Ending His Retirement : So our #2 WR was Branch. Thanks for clearing that up. Not so sure the rest of the league would be drooling for a #2 WR of that caliber. Randy made no waves. He said he loved the team, wanted to stay but didn't think they wanted him. No waves there. Do you think if Wes makes those same comments tomorrow he will be "making waves"? I'm not going to pretend to know who said what on the sideline and draw a conclusion from that as you are. I think Randy's agent through Carter is a credible source. If you want to discount that out of hand it just shows you have an agenda. You bet me anything "he just wanted to play for any team and no one came calling"? Now you're just making things up. Basically you have no realistic grasp at all about Moss and are just spinning your way to stroke your erroneous opinion.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

I don't need to spin my opinion because HE DIDN'T PLAY IN 2011. That's all the proof I need. That any team including the Pats would rather have had Underwood, Slater, Edelman, and Ocho catching balls then Moss. Really, even with those as your #3 WR's and #5 receiving options they still wouldn't try to sign Moss for a playoff run. Why do you think that was? They had plenty of room going into the  playoffs to sign Moss yet they still didn't. Why do you think they wouldn't have signed Moss if they had interest at the beginning of the season as rumored? Clearly Ocho wasn't working out and they had no WR's past Branch, which Branch had slowed down drastically since the beginning of the season, and yet they still didn't attempt to sign Moss in the end.

More proof no one wanted him is that he retired. If there was even the slightest interest don't you think he would have kept the options open for at least a year instead of retiring? He retired because no one was interested.

You have to be clinical to actually believe Moss sat out in 11' because he didn't feel like it. Other then Ricky Williams when was the last time you ever heard of any player (esp at Moss's age) sitting out an entire year because he didn't get the contract he wanted or because he had a short list of teams he would play for. It didn't happen. Name a single source other then Carter that shows any team had interest. Babe when an entire room is silent with the exception of his agent guess what there was no interest. Please oh please tell me if he goes unsigned in 12' you aren't going to come back in 13' with the same arguments?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss Ending His Retirement : So do you think he's coming back here or no?
    Posted by Homecheese[/QUOTE]

They'll sign him, right after they ink me to a 4 year contract to play FS.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

If Moss can make a commitment to play with his abilities then he still be a good pick.  I wish the Pats can pick 2 out of 3 of Randy Moss, Reggie Wayne and Brandon Lloyd.  I bet TB will be very happy instead of Ocho and Underwood.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss Ending His Retirement : I don't need to spin my opinion because HE DIDN'T PLAY IN 2011. That's all the proof I need. That any team including the Pats would rather have had Underwood, Slater, Edelman, and Ocho catching balls then Moss. Really, even with those as your #3 WR's and #5 receiving options they still wouldn't try to sign Moss for a playoff run. Why do you think that was? They had plenty of room going into the  playoffs to sign Moss yet they still didn't. Why do you think they wouldn't have signed Moss if they had interest at the beginning of the season as rumored? Clearly Ocho wasn't working out and they had no WR's past Branch, which Branch had slowed down drastically since the beginning of the season, and yet they still didn't attempt to sign Moss in the end. More proof no one wanted him is that he retired. If there was even the slightest interest don't you think he would have kept the options open for at least a year instead of retiring? He retired because no one was interested. You have to be clinical to actually believe Moss sat out in 11' because he didn't feel like it. Other then Ricky Williams when was the last time you ever heard of any player (esp at Moss's age) sitting out an entire year because he didn't get the contract he wanted or because he had a short list of teams he would play for. It didn't happen. Name a single source other then Carter that shows any team had interest. Babe when an entire room is silent with the exception of his agent guess what there was no interest. Please oh please tell me if he goes unsigned in 12' you aren't going to come back in 13' with the same arguments?
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

You have absolutely no proof whatsoever nobody wanted him.

What is a team going to say, "we called Randy's agent but he said he wouldn't play for us"? Be real.

Basically you have ZERO facts to back up anything you're spinning.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

I would love to see him in a Pats uniform again. Brady & Moss worked great together. I do think he has matured! If he acts up he knows what would happen so if he wants to be a Pat then I think he is going in 100%! He wants a ring! As you get older the things that are important change and he knows he doesn't have too many years left!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss Ending His Retirement : You have absolutely no proof whatsoever nobody wanted him. What is a team going to say, "we called Randy's agent but he said he wouldn't play for us"? Be real. Basically you have ZERO facts to back up anything you're spinning.

And you have zero facts to say any team did want him.

I would say that he retired and didn't play in 2011 holds more water then believing that some team wanted him at some point he said "no I'd rather not play"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss Ending His Retirement : You have absolutely no proof whatsoever nobody wanted him. Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Ummmm...no teams signed him.....seems like solid proof to me!!

Not sure how much clearer this can be....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

LOL I'll always bite on a Moss thread. I think this comes down to 2 questions. Can he still play , can he help our team? I believe the answer is yes to both. He knows he's not getting big money. He wants to pick his spit. Which.doesn't bother me. If he ends up in one of those spots I believe he can produce. If Randy ends up on a NE , NO , Phila , Hou , Chi etc. , I really believe he could be a serious threat and contribute. Most , if not all have somewhat dynamic offenses. Moss would be one of a many dangerous threats , as opposed to being the man. Hou , Phila and Chi all need a big wr with big play qualities. Maybe Hou gets Moss to play opposite AJ. Who some believe is the games best. How would teams defend Foster , AJ and Moss? Phila is a team that has been rumored to want in the past , a few times actually. I believe he could really help a team. Again it all comes down to price. If he's willing to take 3-4 million , I could see a few teams be interested.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

with obrien gone and mcdaniels in

moss will be back
    even in 20 snaps agame he could make what ocho 
    wouldnt do in 200
    less money than 6M be sure of it

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Get Lloyd, not Randy.  Ouch!!! That hurt to say it.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Agree with you.  Randy was one of my favorite players when he was with the Patriots.  We need a younger version of him.  I just don't believe that Randy will be much help to any team next season. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Moss won't be signed because he made himself bigger than the team in the locker room, that's not tolerated. 

Maybe Belichick told him he was suspended without pay for a season and if he wanted to come back and be a Patriot, say your sorry, sit for a season and we'll bring you back... unlikely but maybe..?

Moss is still the best wide receiver in the league health provided, sorry but Larry Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson don't have sub 4.4 speed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

One of two things happened last season:

1) NE offered him a contract last season and he didn't take it

2) NE didn't offer him a contract last season

If option 1 is true then it means Moss didn't think he was getting what he deserved.  Now that he's one year older and hasn't played in the NFL for a season does anything think NE is going to pony up more than they theoretically offered him last season?

If option 2 is true then if they didn't want him then I don't see why they would want him now since he didn't play last year.

In either scenario I find it unlikely Randy would return to NE.  I would welcome him back on the cheap, but I doubt he would play for that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]One of two things happened last season: 1) NE offered him a contract last season and he didn't take it 2) NE didn't offer him a contract last season If option 1 is true then it means Moss didn't think he was getting what he deserved.  Now that he's one year older and hasn't played in the NFL for a season does anything think NE is going to pony up more than they theoretically offered him last season? If option 2 is true then if they didn't want him then I don't see why they would want him now since he didn't play last year. In either scenario I find it unlikely Randy would return to NE.  I would welcome him back on the cheap, but I doubt he would play for that.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

I believe the report last year was about a one year deal. That was the problem apparently. He might play pretty cheap. At least Ocho cheap, and could produce more by accident than Ocho did.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

At the very least the pats should invite him to camp and see what hes got.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Randy Moss bithced his way out of N.E He fought with the O.C in the locker room at half time of the Fins Pats game in Miami. He disrespected the team. He started bothering Brady with his bickering.

Now he is 2 years removeed from any form of production.

He will never be back in N.E.

Get over it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Happy Birthday Randy!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Bruschi: Moss return to Pats a possibility

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Randy Moss bithced his way out of N.E He fought with the O.C in the locker room at half time of the Fins Pats game in Miami. He disrespected the team. He started bothering Brady with his bickering. Now he is 2 years removeed from any form of production. He will never be back in N.E. Get over it.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Einstein.

I guess Brady will be gone soon as he bickered with the OC on the sideline this year.

How did he disrespect the team again? Saying he loved the Pats and wanted to sign here?

The team is 2 years removed from any good production at WR (as opposed to the slot).

Get over that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss Ending His Retirement : Einstein. I guess Brady will be gone soon as he bickered with the OC on the sideline this year.

No because Brady wasn't traded for a 3rd round pick after that game...Moss was.

How did he disrespect the team again?

By interrupting a coach in the meeting at half time of the Fins game and saying, "coaches we need to change the s-t-r-a-t-e-g-y." Obrien had to go off on him. He didn't get another target in the game, and was shipped out of town the next morning.

Saying he loved the Pats and wanted to sign here?

Yeah his hindsight was a clear 20-20...how odd.

The team is 2 years removed from any good production at WR (as opposed to the slot). Get over that.

Brady just broke the all time passing yardage record. Our passing game doesn't need work you condescending turd. Gronk has 27 tds his 1st 2 years in the league, Moss had 28. Our H-back back had 70 plus rec's and our slot had 120. Production is production, it doesn't matter where it comes from. These players fit our scheme better then an outside threat does.

Not too mention our outside receivers (Branch and Ocho) had a combined 66 rec's for just short of 1000 yards and 6 tds. Not bad production when you are the 4rth and 5th options on one of the most prolific passing teams in NFL history.

Brady at 35 years old is is better off passing mid range, oh and btw Brady just had his highest yards per reception of his career. Better then 2007. Explain why we need Moss again big guy. Go ahead. It should be another rich post on your part.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the pats could use a randy moss type, but not randy.....vincent jackson or dwyane bowe would be nice !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss Ending His Retirement : Einstein. I guess Brady will be gone soon as he bickered with the OC on the sideline this year. How did he disrespect the team again? Saying he loved the Pats and wanted to sign here? The team is 2 years removed from any good production at WR (as opposed to the slot). Get over that.

Sorry Babe, Randy B!tiched about not getting a contract extension.  Don't you remember the Bazzaro Press conference with the SF ball cap and the oversized headphones?  You don't talk about $$$ as a Pats player and stay on the team for long and you do not get second chances, he will not be back...Ever!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

would invite him to training camp to see if anything is left in the tank

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Randy Moss Ending His Retirement:
    [QUOTE]Wonder how many Pats fans will be clamoring for the Pats to sign him?  Not me! http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/13/randy-moss-says-hes-coming-back/
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats[/QUOTE]

Not me.

I want fresh young legs

Sections
Shortcuts