Randy Moss Ending His Retirement

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Re: Randy Moss Ending His Retirement

In Response to Re: Randy Moss Ending His Retirement:
    [QUOTE]Does anybody think Randy could not have produced more than Ocho or Branch this season?
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

He absolutely would have.  And he would have stretched the field in the superbowl, which nobody else did.  O'Brian is gone and Moss might come back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

can you imagine what would happen on this board if BB got him to sign with the Patriots and then he crapped out?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Cris Carter says Moss can still run a 4.3

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

[QUOTE]Randy Moss bithced his way out of N.E He fought with the O.C in the locker room at half time of the Fins Pats game in Miami. He disrespected the team. He started bothering Brady with his bickering. Now he is 2 years removeed from any form of production. He will never be back in N.E. Get over it.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]
    Fans were badmouthing Branch the same way when he left NE for Seattle and talking about burned bridges and all that. I think if Moss returns, he will have a new attitude.

So Moss was out of football in a year, but he did not play much while he was in Oakland in 2006, and he did not play in the preseason in 2007. Yet he went gangbuster when the 2007 season started. Maybe this last year of rest has helped him to be fresh.

Llyod is younger, but he have to prove that he can adjust to a new system and  the chemistry may or may not be there. You were all panting for Ochocinco a year ago.  Moss had proven that he could be productive in the system.

All and all, I very much would like to see Moss back with the Pats. And he is HUNGRY for his ring and eclipsing Terrell Owens' record. If the Pats and Moss can work something out, it may be a win-win situation. If it did not work out, the tie can always be cut.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfanHawaii. Show soxfanHawaii's posts

Moss promised that great things will happen when he first came on board. It was a magical first year with the Pats, and a real pleasure to watch. I never got tired of hearing "Brady to Moss, touchdown!!!" If he can bring back that same starting over attitude for another year, I say why not. He isn't too old (same age as Brady) and hasn't received the physical punishment a quarterback endures.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Most of this is all smoke and mirrors made up in people's minds.

There is zero evidence that Randy can't still play at a high level.

There is zero evidence that he quit on the team.

There is zero evidence that he made waves.

It's the drama queen syndrome rearing its ugly head in the fanbase.

It's the same old dum bass cliches that drive 80% of the typical football fans' thoughts.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

He and Tom both got into noted blow ups with Obiebadgameplan, I think I like this guy better in that context.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Don't be so sure Randy won't be back.

"He says he’s “fully committed” to playing, that he’s “still got it,” that he can indeed still run a 4.3 in the 40, but that he doesn’t need to be the No. 1 receiver on his next team.

“I got something on my shoulder and it’s a chip that I need to get it off,” Moss said.

Though earlier in the day he seemed to be willing to play for any team that is willing to have him, Moss hinted that he wants a team that will compete, and that is “missing a piece here and there.”

He said wants to win a Super Bowl; he said his socks got sweaty from nerves as he was rooting for the Patriots to beat the Giants in Super Bowl XLVI.

Moss candidly admitted to a variety of regrets.  “I got regrets of how I left New England, I got regrets of how I left Minnesota, and I got regrets of how I retired,” Moss said.  But he said “I doubt that” in response to a viewer who asked if he’d play again for the Vikings.  Moss also laughed at a viewer comment warning him not to play for the Browns because former Vikings coach Brad Childress now works there.  (Moss also said he won’t tell the story about what really happened in Minnesota, and that he’s saving it for the book.)" (PFT)

This guy loves the Pats, and any Pats' fan with a brain loves him back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Most of this is all smoke and mirrors made up in people's minds. There is zero evidence that Randy can't still play at a high level. There is zero evidence that he quit on the team. There is zero evidence that he made waves. It's the drama queen syndrome rearing its ugly head in the fanbase. It's the same old dum bass cliches that drive 80% of the typical football fans' thoughts.

He was traded 5 games into a season when we only had Welker as a viable WR option at the time

He was traded off the Vikings because he was a cancer in the clubhouse

He was benched in Tenn towards at the end of the season because he was not even viable as a decoy anymore and was causing issues

Not a single team signed him last year, including the Pats who signed Underwood late in the season as a WR for the playoff push

I would say that is pretty strong evidence. But, what do I know when 32 other teams don't sign him and he spends a year on the couch when his agent is saying he was in the best shape of his life and ready to be a team player

BTW this was reported on Oct 6th 2010 after Moss was traded in regards to an event that happened during halftime in the Phins game. The game immediately before he was traded

"One player described the incident as an “outburst,” apparently motivated by the fact that Moss only had one pass thrown to him in the first half."

Sounds like he was making waves to me because he wasn't getting thrown too but I could be wrong and this could not be any type of evidence you like

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

http://www.csnne.com/10/06/10/Brown-Moss-ignored-Belichick-others-on-f/v1_landing_patriots.html?blockID=325983&feedID=3946

When Troy Brown says something happened, I listen.

Hmm ignore Bill Belichick? WHAT? You know what happens when you act like a spoiled child and ignore Bill Belichick when he speaks to you.....You get shipped out of town the next morning.

Moss surely still has skills although diminished, but you don't burn bridges in N.E.

No thanks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.csnne.com/10/06/10/Brown-Moss-ignored-Belichick-others-on-f/v1_landing_patriots.html?blockID=325983&feedID=3946 When Troy Brown says something happened, I listen. Hmm ignore Bill Belichick? WHAT? You know what happens when you act like a spoiled child and ignore Bill Belichick when he speaks to you.....You get shipped out of town the next morning. Moss surely still has skills although diminished, but you don't burn bridges in N.E. No thanks.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Oh please. The guy was peeved and didn't want to talk. Big f'n deal.

Mankins call the owner a liar with no honor and he gets a mega-contract and Moss clams up and he's a pariah? BS

Did you miss the part where Brown said Randy was - "everything a team could ask for."?

Moss got traded for his own interests not some quiet plane ride. BB was doing him a favor to get more playing time in a contract year.

Branch burned bridges far worse than Randy ever did and he's back.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss Ending His Retirement : He was traded 5 games into a season when we only had Welker as a viable WR option at the time He was traded off the Vikings because he was a cancer in the clubhouse He was benched in Tenn towards at the end of the season because he was not even viable as a decoy anymore and was causing issues Not a single team signed him last year, including the Pats who signed Underwood late in the season as a WR for the playoff push I would say that is pretty strong evidence. But, what do I know when 32 other teams don't sign him and he spends a year on the couch when his agent is saying he was in the best shape of his life and ready to be a team player BTW this was reported on Oct 6th 2010 after Moss was traded in regards to an event that happened during halftime in the Phins game. The game immediately before he was traded "One player described the incident as an “outburst,” apparently motivated by the fact that Moss only had one pass thrown to him in the first half ." Sounds like he was making waves to me because he wasn't getting thrown too but I could be wrong and this could not be any type of evidence you like
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

And we know it was reported that the Pats offered him a one year deal and he wanted more years. Fact.

What do you think, his agent just made that up?

We also know by his own words that his list of teams he would play for was very very short. Fact.

Do you think he would say he will only play for a very few teams but would actually play for anybody?

It's pretty obvious Randy and the Pats were in different places about his being extended. Of course that causes a little tension. Hell, Mankins held out and call Kraft a dishonorable man. But he is back.

Basically, you just ignore the facts and make things up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss Ending His Retirement : And we know it was reported that the Pats offered him a one year deal and he wanted more years. Fact. What do you think, his agent just made that up? We also know by his own words that his list of teams he would play for was very very short. Fact. Do you think he would say he will only play for a very few teams but would actually play for anybody? It's pretty obvious Randy and the Pats were in different places about his being extended. Of course that causes a little tension. Hell, Mankins held out and call Kraft a dishonorable man. But he is back. Basically, you just ignore the facts and make things up.

You said there was no evidence and I just gave you evidence that you didn't deny.

As for the agent yes I do expect that. Why because the agent said that Phi made an offer when Phi came out and said they didn't.

So either Phi is lying or the agent is lying. If the agent is lying then anything he said about an offer from any other team is null in void and no longer fact in a court of law.

I'm sure Moss did have a short list and whether that expanded as time progressed or not who knows. It's not a fact that it did expand nor that it didn't expand since he hasn't commented on it since. What is fact is that he went unsigned in 2011. And that one of the teams on his list would rather have Underwood going into a playoff push and Ocho then Moss who was available.

I have made up nothing and I have presented facts that you have yet to deny yet I have countered or accepted all your facts so if anyone is denying facts it is you.

I mean you were the one who said he didn't make waves but reports from players on the team say otherwise. Maybe you should take a long look at your own facts and think if they make common sense or not

BTW: I love of you discount Brown's words and say that Moss isn't a malcontent because he didn't want to tag so it's ok for him to act yet you believe ever word coming out of his mouth. What's the difference between Brown and Moss. Both are individuals so no word on either side should carry more weight then the other, however, Moss was traded out of NE for apparently whining and not being a team player while Brown ended his career with respect and is still an active member of the franchise.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss Ending His Retirement : You said there was no evidence and I just gave you evidence that you didn't deny. As for the agent yes I do expect that. Why because the agent said that Phi made an offer when Phi came out and said they didn't. So either Phi is lying or the agent is lying. If the agent is lying then anything he said about an offer from any other team is null in void and no longer fact in a court of law. I'm sure Moss did have a short list and whether that expanded as time progressed or not who knows. It's not a fact that it did expand nor that it didn't expand since he hasn't commented on it since. What is fact is that he went unsigned in 2011. And that one of the teams on his list would rather have Underwood going into a playoff push and Ocho then Moss who was available. I have made up nothing and I have presented facts that you have yet to deny yet I have countered or accepted all your facts so if anyone is denying facts it is you. I mean you were the one who said he didn't make waves but reports from players on the team say otherwise. Maybe you should take a long look at your own facts and think if they make common sense or not

List the facts you have presented to me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss Ending His Retirement : Oh please. The guy was peeved and didn't want to talk. Big f'n deal. Mankins call the owner a liar with no honor and he gets a mega-contract and Moss clams up and he's a pariah? BS Did you miss the part where Brown said Randy was - "everything a team could ask for."? Moss got traded for his own interests not some quiet plane ride. BB was doing him a favor to get more playing time in a contract year. Branch burned bridges far worse than Randy ever did and he's back.

This is by far the most ignorant thing you have ever said on this board, and you are not short on material.

Well done Buderick.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss Ending His Retirement : List the facts you have presented to me.

1) Moss had a fight during a half time against the Phins with OB over only getting 1 bay thrown his way (reported by teammates)

2) Moss had a deaf ear on the plane to coaches and fellow players following the game (as reported by teammates and coaches)

3) Moss was traded from the Pats when the only viable option at WR was Welker at the time

4) Moss made a scene with a food vendor in his tenor with the Vikings

5) Moss was released from the Vikings because of locker room issues

6) Moss was benched at the end of the Titans season because of his inability to draw a decoy, be productive, or show interest in plays not involving him

7) Titans stated in public they would not resign Moss (assumed as a result from the above)

8) Despite the agent claiming reports that the Jets, Pats, and Phi showed interest with offers from the Pats and Phi both Phi and the Jets denied interest in Moss

9) Moss went unsigned in 2011 despite reports that he was in the best shape of his life and a team player

10) The Pats signed Underwood and maintained Ocho for a playoff push in 2011 over signing Moss

11) Moss decided to retire which shows that there was either no pending offer, no offer from a team he would go to, or no offer he deemed acceptable

All of which shows that he had a negative affect in the locker room towards the end, either couldn't perform up to the same level or chose not to perform at the same level, and he had either no offers or no offers he would accept.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

ROFL True love the solute your shorts reference

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

His agent is saying 3 teams have already called showing interest.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]His agent is saying 3 teams have already called showing interest.

And his agent said last year that the Jets, Pats, and Phi were interested while Phi and Jets denied the report and the Pats nether confirmed or denied the report as is their custom. But since they rather have Underwood for a playoff push you might be safe to assume what they were thinking

Babe it's an agents job to drum up interest and agents have been known (esp this one) to create fictitious teams putting in offers to increase interest in their client. That's their job. You can trust and agent as much as you can trust a politician to keep their campaign promises

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss Ending His Retirement : 1) Moss had a fight during a half time against the Phins with OB over only getting 1 bay thrown his way (reported by teammates) 2) Moss had a deaf ear on the plane to coaches and fellow players following the game (as reported by teammates and coaches) 3) Moss was traded from the Pats when the only viable option at WR was Welker at the time 4) Moss made a scene with a food vendor in his tenor with the Vikings 5) Moss was released from the Vikings because of locker room issues 6) Moss was benched at the end of the Titans season because of his inability to draw a decoy, be productive, or show interest in plays not involving him 7) Titans stated in public they would not resign Moss (assumed as a result from the above) 8) Despite the agent claiming reports that the Jets, Pats, and Phi showed interest with offers from the Pats and Phi both Phi and the Jets denied interest in Moss 9) Moss went unsigned in 2011 despite reports that he was in the best shape of his life and a team player 10) The Pats signed Underwood and maintained Ocho for a playoff push in 2011 over signing Moss 11) Moss decided to retire which shows that there was either no pending offer, no offer from a team he would go to, or no offer he deemed acceptable All of which shows that he had a negative affect in the locker room towards the end, either couldn't perform up to the same level or chose not to perform at the same level, and he had either no offers or no offers he would accept.

None of the facts you mention support your conclusions. That is just your spin.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss Ending His Retirement : None of the facts you mention support your conclusions. That is just your spin.

How do they not.

The Vikings said they got rid of his because of his clubhouse issues
    The Titans said they wouldn't bring him back because of lack of effort
    Phi and Jets denied the report that his agent said they had interest
    He didn't play in 2011

How do you see that it doesn't support my conclusion?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss Ending His Retirement : And his agent said last year that the Jets, Pats, and Phi were interested while Phi and Jets denied the report and the Pats nether confirmed or denied the report as is their custom. But since they rather have Underwood for a playoff push you might be safe to assume what they were thinking

I don't believe the Eagles team said any such thing. "Sources" said that just like "sources" said they did make an offer. And that doesn't consider that they may have talked to him but never got to the point of an actual offer because he wasn't interested.

You've got nothing here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Eng why bother? This guy obviously wants to argue for the sake of arguing. Very troll like if you ask me. Very Underdog like.

BB traded Moss as a favor to him....LOL, it just happened to be the day after Moss took a whiz on The Patriot Way! Merely a coincidence.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

BTW Babe you still didn't deny a single fact I gave you including the one that makes the agents word as useful as a nerf gun in the middle of a shoot out