Randy Moss fire back at Cris Carter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

Randy Moss fire back at Cris Carter

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/34837172

And the drama continues........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Randy Moss fire back at Cris Carter

HAHAHAHA

"@criscarter80 ...goodluckwithHOF"

My appreciation for Moss continues!

Carter is a hack. He was a hack when he wrote for Yahoo, he's still a hack today. He just is willing to make ignorant, obnoxious comments, so ESPN loves him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

CC is a nut, he's jealous of RM

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

He's one ugly dude too. At least Moss is a good looking guy! I hope he is in a PATS uniform again and him & Brady connect and break all the records they set & of course WIN A Fuc#%^*£ SB!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cincyscott. Show cincyscott's posts

Can't say that I disagree w/CC's comment here. Randy's quit on several teams including the Pats and he sulks when things don't go his way and he shuts it down. Will be interesting to see if any team signs him. Sure hope it's not the Pats. The back and forth between the two is pretty comical.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss fire back at Cris Carter:
    [QUOTE]Can't say that I disagree w/CC's comment here. Randy's quit on several teams including the Pats and he sulks when things don't go his way and he shuts it down. Will be interesting to see if any team signs him. Sure hope it's not the Pats. The back and forth between the two is pretty comical.
    Posted by cincyscott[/QUOTE]

This is where I make a distinction.

Santonio Holmes unequivocally QUIT on the NYL this year. Argued with teammates, didn't participate in huddles, general piece of garbage.

To my knowledge, Carter is the only person to EVER call Moss a quitter.

Sulks? Yes. Sometimes acts like a baby? Yes. Speaks out of line sometimes? Yes. Takes plays off at times over his career? Yes. But a quitter? I think no.

He never quit on MIN, they got a decent LB and #7 overall pick. His time in OAK wasn't great, but the whole team was bad. To single him out of that mess isn't fair. I never thought he quit in NE. He got mouthy, and he got moved. He p;ayed HARD in 08 with no Brady and a bleek outlook. He ran his mouth too much publicly in MIN the second time around, but again, that team was a mess, he just said publicly what many people thought. In TEN he was a good teammate, and kept his mouth shut.

He's not a quitter. Most, aside from Carter, have commented that he's always been a good teammate. It hasn't always been great for him, and he hasn't always acted the right way, but consider the microscope he's been under his ENTIRE life. Starting in HS, he's been more harshly judged and punished than other people doing comparable things. He's always battled back, and never let it defeat him.

Me may be immature at times, he's definitely too much of a follower and not a leader, but he's not a quitter.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Randy Moss fire back at Cris Carter : Chris Carter is arrogant and a little too opinionated...he wasn't too well liked when he played and he isn't now either...he's an a** to be honest
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

+1

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss fire back at Cris Carter : This is where I make a distinction. Santonio Holmes unequivocally QUIT on the NYL this year. Argued with teammates, didn't participate in huddles, general piece of garbage. To my knowledge, Carter is the only person to EVER call Moss a quitter. Sulks? Yes. Sometimes acts like a baby? Yes. Speaks out of line sometimes? Yes. Takes plays off at times over his career? Yes. But a quitter? I think no. He never quit on MIN, they got a decent LB and #7 overall pick. His time in OAK wasn't great, but the whole team was bad. To single him out of that mess isn't fair. I never thought he quit in NE. He got mouthy, and he got moved. He played HARD in 08 with no Brady and a bleek outlook. He ran his mouth too much publicly in MIN the second time around, but again, that team was a mess, he just said publicly what many people thought. In TEN he was a good teammate, and kept his mouth shut. He's not a quitter. Most, aside from Carter, have commented that he's always been a good teammate. It hasn't always been great for him, and he hasn't always acted the right way, but consider the microscope he's been under his ENTIRE life. Starting in HS, he's been more harshly judged and punished than other people doing comparable things. He's always battled back, and never let it defeat him. Me may be immature at times, he's definitely too much of a follower and not a leader, but he's not a quitter.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

He quit in Oak (hence why they traded him after "injures") and he quit in Tenn (hence why he was benched during games) and he quit in Minn the first time around (as with Oak he wanted out and sustained "injures" in the season he wanted out).

So actually yes he does quit on his teams if they aren't winning

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Moss said he had personal problems he had to deal with. Anyone thats had a wife or kids knows what that can mean. To compound issues witha job that requires you to travel I can see where issues could come up. He has a daughter thats in the 9th grade I think. She goes to school around here. Makes you wonder what uniform Moss will wear in the HOF.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Randy Moss is a quitter but Cris Carter is a d bag.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss fire back at Cris Carter : He quit in Oak (hence why they traded him after "injures") and he quit in Tenn (hence why he was benched during games) and he quit in Minn the first time around (as with Oak he wanted out and sustained "injures" in the season he wanted out). So actually yes he does quit on his teams if they aren't winning
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

That's your opinion. To make it fact, provide some quotes from teammates, articles from scribes...something more than hubris.

He diidn 't quit in Oakland, they were terrible, and needed to rebuild, hence dumping his salary and taking a draft pick.

He didn't quit in MIN, they were in total rebuild mode and got the #7 OVERALL PICK! Can you even tell me who his QB was when they traded him? RB? 2nd WR?

And Cris Carter?! People listen to this clown? He, who Buddy Ryan aptly stated "all he does is catch TDs." Sure, people laugh at Buddy, but his meaning was; from the goaline, those first 80 yards to the redzone, he was a ghost. Oh, but we're in the redzone and a chance for some stats! Here's Cris Carter!

He wrote the book on coasting and taking plays off and he's jealous Moss will FOREVER overshadow his medicre career. mediocre may be too strong, but he racke dup stats due to longevity, not being an elite WR for a prolonged period. Carter was never the best WR in the league, I would say he wasn't even ever the best WR on any team he was a part of. Moss was the best WR in the league at times, in league HISTORY some would argue, and often the best on his team.

Sour grapes are what must be causing those hideous facial expressions on Carter's mug. Find a new snack, and only the hype machine that is ESPN will get this undeserved clown into the HOF. He's a joke. Jealous, bitter ex-player. Does ESPN employ anything else?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Oh, and he "quit in TEN". Because so many WRs join a team midseason and offer much. Happens all the time...

In fact, TEN coaches commented on what a good teammate he was:

2 weeks after getting claimed:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5825542

And this from xmas, 2010:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2010-12-25/randy-moss-likes-the-titans-and-gets-praise-from-kenny-britt

If you're going to rip a guy, at least have your facts straight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

And finally, from Fisher himself:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d1b651/printable/fisher-titans-would-claim-moss-again-if-given-chance

"If we had to do it over, of course we would do it," Fisher said Monday. "He has been great. Randy has been great for this team. The numbers aren't there, the production is not there, the play time is not there right now because Kenny (Britt) is coming back. But Randy is a great teammate. He works with the young guys and has fun, so it is great to have him around. We have really enjoyed him."

I will not ever understand all the extreme criticism he gets. "Why can't he be like Rice?" You mean, the guy who was,, literally, whining and complaining on OAKs sideline because they weren't working hard enough at throwing HIM the ball so he could get his precious record. Michael Irvin was a coke head. Lynn Swann is one of the biggest self-promoters out there. TO....why even go there. Fitzgerlad started squawking, and got his big contract. Braylon Edwards is more interested in being seen than playing football. Plax SHOT HIMSELF! Lloyd middled away for, what, 7 years before he started playing well? Steve Smith (CAR) is one of the game's biggest jerks, he was suspended by HIS OWN TEAM for getting in a FISTFIGHT with a teammate!

AND PEOPLE SPEND ALL THIS TIME RIPPING MOSS!

A little prespective would help many people.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss fire back at Cris Carter : This is where I make a distinction. Santonio Holmes unequivocally QUIT on the NYL this year. Argued with teammates, didn't participate in huddles, general piece of garbage. To my knowledge, Carter is the only person to EVER call Moss a quitter. Sulks? Yes. Sometimes acts like a baby? Yes. Speaks out of line sometimes? Yes. Takes plays off at times over his career? Yes. But a quitter? I think no.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Awesome...  Hey, as long as those qualities & actual experiences in your trade don't label you as a "quitter".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I hope he used a real gun.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I loved Carter as a Player and feel he did more with less talen than Moss and probably played harder on a down by down basis.

The problem is players want careers after football. If this guy was never heard after he retired, Im sure he wouldnt be getting all this negative attention, but this is the world of today. I would vote for him to get into the Hall just because he made an amazing catch every week and had the best hands in the league for a 5 year span.

Is he out of line, maybe, but who knows who is talking, they used to get along fine and now he has ANOTHER job to do.

Ask yourself how many players from the 70's would have dazzled you with their analysis after they played the game. There are too many outlets to find this B.S.

I personally would rather not hear any of them speak as I would rather remember them for the great players they are, not the flawed human beings they are because thats not why we watched them or how we should grade them.

Just my 2 cents

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss fire back at Cris Carter : He quit in Oak (hence why they traded him after "injures") and he quit in Tenn (hence why he was benched during games) and he quit in Minn the first time around (as with Oak he wanted out and sustained "injures" in the season he wanted out). So actually yes he does quit on his teams if they aren't winning
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

And when he wasn't happy with 1 target in a 41-14 win against Miami......he quit on us too. Then we shipped him out at first light.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Can't say that I disagree w/CC's comment here. Randy's quit on several teams including the Pats and he sulks when things don't go his way and he shuts it down. Will be interesting to see if any team signs him. Sure hope it's not the Pats. The back and forth between the two is pretty comical.
    Posted by cincyscott[/QUOTE]
    He has this pattern...  and he hasn't proven he has broken it even when he is on a winning team like the Pats.  How will this season be different?  If Pats were to sign him, it would be a minimal contract with tons of incentives.  His hunger will earn the incentives.   If he quits on the team, shipped out and no more money from the Pats!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Funny how peple keep just saying he quit, but can't provide any actual proof.

Yes, he takes plays off.

Here's a dirty little secret....so do most other players as well.

Why does he get judged SO harshly? Because he's more talented than most? Because he's actually had a few things to say publicly?

Having, at times, a crummy attitude, is NOT the same as quitting.

Go ahead and ignore the proof I offered if you want, I don't mind people exposing their own ignorance.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

And just for the record, before anyone starts calling me a "Moss fan-boy", I was in the minority, and AGREED with Felger at the time when he said the offense would get BETTER without Moss. That was a VERY unpopular opinion at the time, and I agreed with it then. I'm not simply a fan of Moss, and totally agreed with jettisoning him at the time, and it wasn't because he quit, his press conference was the reason. He's just getting SLAMMED right now, and I don't understand it beyond the empty head at ESPkillyourself ran his mouth.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Next question, next question, next question, next question...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmJcUlrkMNg

Everybody like "Moss this, Moss that, Moss this Moss that..."

E'RYBODY ONE CLAP!