Randy Moss getting calls, is "listening" - heart still set on Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Randy Moss getting calls, is "listening" - heart still set on Patriots

Looks like Moss is coming back to the NFL, atleast for some team. I guess he was hoping Patriots would call but thank god we haven't had any injuries on WR. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: Randy Moss getting calls, is "listening" - heart still set on Patriots

In Response to Randy Moss getting calls, is "listening" - heart still set on Patriots:
    [QUOTE]http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/32944947 Looks like Moss is coming back to the NFL, atleast for some team. I guess he was hoping Patriots would call but thank god we haven't had any injuries on WR. 
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

I think one could argue that, if Moss is in game shape, that he would be more productive than Ochocinco right now. Do we "need" him more than a safety  or shutdown corner? No. But Moss would be both a good decoy, increase the length of the field, and be a deep threat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

I miss Randy...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

Um... when can we stop this line of questioning. It makes kittens cry...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Let's all forget about Randy Moss. He's NOT going to be walking through that door, folks!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He better take those other offers. -_-

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss getting calls, is "listening" - heart still set on Patriots:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Randy Moss getting calls, is "listening" - heart still set on Patriots : I think one could argue that, if Moss is in game shape, that he would be more productive than Ochocinco right now. Do we "need" him more than a safety  or shutdown corner? No. But Moss would be both a good decoy, increase the length of the field, and be a deep threat.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

Last I saw, he didn't need to be double covered anymore, has lost a couple of steps and he dropped a higher percentage of passes than Ocho has. Not an upgrade at all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Yeah, and he is Randy Moss.  If he's doing badly he's a distraction, if he's doing great he's a distraction.  So, for all his supposed lack of production (even though Branch isn't getting much done either) at least Ocho has remade himself and ISN'T a distraction.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

God kills a puppy being held by a elderly women at the edge of a cliff by a  runaway bus full of orphans and nuns every time someone mentions Moss as a possibility to come back for the Pats.

And this wasn't in mention to you murgh since you didn't suggest him coming back but why did you have to make the thread? I thought Moss was finally going away.

BTW Bubba, Moss lost the ability to stretch the field and gain any type of separation last year. Even in the Phins game last year they were single covering him, THE PHINS! He's a year older and I don't care how much in shape his agent says he is, he can no longer draw double coverage like he use to and is no more a decoy then Ocho. The only difference between Ocho and Moss is Ocho isn't getting in Brady's ear for the ball and knows his role right now. He might not be overly productive but right now he's the 5th/6th option behind Welker, Branch, Gronk, and Hern so he doesn't need to be productive. Just needs to get 1st downs when he's asked to and get 20-30 recs a year. Not what most expected but that's all that is needed from him. Moss on the other hand still thinks he should be a #1 and yells at his QB until he gets his looks. No way I'd take away looks from Welker, Branch, Gronk, or Hern just to give more looks to an older Moss.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

The only way Moss and TO are returning to the NFL is if they buy their own team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'd rather have an unproductive solider over a productive diva anyday of the week. At least I know the solider is going to give his 110% on every snap, unlike the diva. -_-

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from batou. Show batou's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss getting calls, is "listening" - heart still set on Patriots:
    [QUOTE] The only way Moss and TO are returning to the NFL is if they buy their own team.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

This is a fantastic idea for a reality show!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Ya know?  We all hear Randy Moss at this point and we immediately think of the surprise he was in 2007 and yeah that was great.  However, it is 2011, four years later and Moss is almost 35 years old and these are the things we should be thinking when we hear his name.  Not coming back.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I can envision Moss playing for the Ravens, Jets, or rejoining the Patriots.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss getting calls, is "listening" - heart still set on Patriots : Last I saw, he didn't need to be double covered anymore, has lost a couple of steps and he dropped a higher percentage of passes than Ocho has. Not an upgrade at all.
    Posted by rtuinila[/QUOTE]

Is that what you actually saw, or is that simply a conclusion you came to from too much exposure to too much BS?

Last I saw he beat Revis and blew out the guy's hammy for a one handed superfreak TD catch.

This was a mere 13 months ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=295NI0kV5b0

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Ya know?  We all hear Randy Moss at this point and we immediately think of the surprise he was in 2007 and yeah that was great.  However, it is 2011, four years later and Moss is almost 35 years old and these are the things we should be thinking when we hear his name.  Not coming back.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

We should be thinking he has 50 TDs in 51 starts as a Patriot. We should be thinking a mere 12 months ago he had 3 TDs in 3 starts as a Patriot in 2010.

By every measure, Moss was better last year for us than #85  has been this year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss getting calls, is "listening" - heart still set on Patriots : We should be thinking he has 50 TDs in 51 starts as a Patriot. We should be thinking a mere 12 months ago he had 3 TDs in 3 starts as a Patriot in 2010. By every measure, Moss was better last year for us than #85  has been this year.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

We should also be thinking about whose playing time we are going to decrease to get him onto the field?  (and don't say Ocho because he rarely sees the field anyway)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]     I can envision Moss playing for the Ravens, Jets, or rejoining the Patriots.  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I don't see him wanting to play with Sanchez. And the Ravens offense is probably too lame to interest him either. He's looking for a team with a real shot at a ring, and a great QB.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss getting calls, is "listening" - heart still set on Patriots : Is that what you actually saw, or is that simply a conclusion you came to from too much exposure to too much BS? Last I saw he beat Revis and blew out the guy's hammy for a one handed superfreak TD catch. This was a mere 13 months ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=295NI0kV5b0

Yes and after that circus catch against an injured Revis, Randy Moss simply disappeared, first as a Patriot, then as a Vikling and finally as a Titan.  Were those three teams not able to figure out how to use him? 

Now don't get me wrong , I loved it when he was here and it was 2007, 2008, 2009 but in 2010, it just wasn't the same.  Note, no team has picked Randy up.  That may change but if it does I think his production will not get much better.  He's older, slower and defenses figured out how to defense him and that is the current story.  Finally, the guy is not a possession receiver and he will never accept that role.  He wants to run straight up field and catch the bomb, which when all is said and done is a low percentage play, even if it is so very pretty to watch.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

The one thing the guy wants is a SB ring....IF he comes back this year, it will ONLY be with a contending team.

Maybe he has learned his lesson about how good he had it here...maybe he's ready to sublimate his own needs to that of the team...if so, sure, give him another chance...he cannot possibly be any worse than Ocho right now, and he's ceratinly more valuable to the team than Edleman and Price.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I could have sworn I noticed Moss on tv a few weeks ago.  Not sure though.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss getting calls, is "listening" - heart still set on Patriots : Yes and after that circus catch against an injured Revis, Randy Moss simply disappeared, first as a Patriot, then as a Vikling and finally as a Titan.  Were those three teams not able to figure out how to use him?  Now don't get me wrong , I loved it when he was here and it was 2007, 2008, 2009 but in 2010, it just wasn't the same.  Note, no team has picked Randy up.  That may change but if it does I think his production will not get much better.  He's older, slower and defenses figured out how to defense him and that is the current story.  Finally, the guy is not a possession receiver and he will never accept that role.  He wants to run straight up field and catch the bomb, which when all is said and done is a low percentage play, even if it is so very pretty to watch.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

At this point Randy is doing what's best for Randy. I don't blame him. Certainly a guy like Mankins is no better. Randy asked for the trade from the Pats and the team obliged a guy who had scored 50 TDs in 51 starts for them.

What he did last year in MN or TN is of no consequence. Upon arrival in MN he immediatly realized the situation was absolutely dysfunctional with Childress and made it clear to MN ownership that Childress was incompetent. In TN he started only 4 of the remaining 8 games. The Titans ended up 6-10. Randy has no interest in playing for a losing team.

But what he did on the Pats last year was score 3 TDs in 3 starts. And to say he beat Revis because Revis got hurt is unfair. It could be that Revis got hurt trying to catch Moss and his leg failed in the effort. And whatever the case, his catch was one of the best ever seen.

No team is picking him up because he will only play for certain teams and only for certain money. He has had offers and it is reported he had an offer from the Pats.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss getting calls, is "listening" - heart still set on Patriots : Is that what you actually saw, or is that simply a conclusion you came to from too much exposure to too much BS? Last I saw he beat Revis and blew out the guy's hammy for a one handed superfreak TD catch. This was a mere 13 months ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=295NI0kV5b0

Last time you saw Moss he caught a great thrown ball (one of Brady's best passes that season imo) against an already injured Revis who was questionable to play the game because of his hammy and you think that's a good thing? Moss was nonexistent in that game with the exception of that one catch and if Revis's hammy wasn't already an issue I don't think Moss would have.

Look at what had to happen for that catch to happen:

#1 - Revis's hammy previously injured before playing that game
    #2 - Revis's hammy having to pull up on that particular play
    #3 - Brady making a nearly perfect long ball which he doesn't always do

How in the heck does that show that he's still a viable receiver compared to what he did for the rest of the year. If anything it just shows the absolutely amazing rose colored glasses that you wear

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss getting calls, is "listening" - heart still set on Patriots : Last time you saw Moss he caught a great thrown ball (one of Brady's best passes that season imo) against an already injured Revis who was questionable to play the game because of his hammy and you think that's a good thing? Moss was nonexistent in that game with the exception of that one catch and if Revis's hammy wasn't already an issue I don't think Moss would have. Look at what had to happen for that catch to happen: #1 - Revis's hammy previously injured before playing that game #2 - Revis's hammy having to pull up on that particular play #3 - Brady making a nearly perfect long ball which he doesn't always do How in the heck does that show that he's still a viable receiver compared to what he did for the rest of the year. If anything it just shows the absolutely amazing rose colored glasses that you wear
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I'm not on the Moss bandwagon as much as Babe, but I can't believe you are arguing that the ball was "perfectly thrown".  It was an absurd catch dude.  Just because it looked routine does not mean it wasn't a heck of a play.