Randy Moss in a Jets uniform?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Randy Moss in a Jets uniform?

Moss's primary strength was his ability to get open down the field.  He forced teams to play their safeties deep.  But he never gave you all that much on short routes or crossing routes.  The problem I see with Moss's play over the past year and a half is (1) he wasn't getting open deep as consistently and therefore wasn't forcing double coverage like he used to and (2) he seemed to be just getting worse at any other routes (lots of dropped balls).  Worse, when he was on the field, Brady seemed obsessed with trying to hit him.  I just don't like what he brings anymore and don't like the dynamic between him and Brady.  I think the Pats are better off going a different route. They definitely do need a solid deep threat--but I'm not sure Moss is the right one to go with anymore. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i think we should bring him in for camp 1. to help teach the rookies, 2. to keep him out of the jets training camp so if they were to sign him they would be delayed in teaching him the playbook.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Jets need star power to sell their personal seat licenses. 

Last year they paid a premium for LaDanian Tomlinson.  Over the last four games of the season LT could only manage 3.3 yards per carry, and that was behind a really nice offensive line.  So old, fragile and weak really means nothing to the Jets front office. 

Nor does disruptive.  For example, the team loves DUIs with the car full of players at 4 in the morning.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

Moss seems about washed up at this point. When a guy starts to change teams as frequently as he has lately.. it appears the party's over. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Moss is a cancer  to any team just like manny they might go all out at first but then go back to thier normal selfs,its not the risk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss in a Jets uniform?:
    Moss's primary strength was his ability to get open down the field.  He forced teams to play their safeties deep.  But he never gave you all that much on short routes or crossing routes.  The problem I see with Moss's play over the past year and a half is (1) he wasn't getting open deep as consistently and therefore wasn't forcing double coverage like he used to and (2) he seemed to be just getting worse at any other routes (lots of dropped balls).  Worse, when he was on the field, Brady seemed obsessed with trying to hit him.  I just don't like what he brings anymore and don't like the dynamic between him and Brady.  I think the Pats are better off going a different route. They definitely do need a solid deep threat--but I'm not sure Moss is the right one to go with anymore.    
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

Safeties still rolled deep over the top of him. I saw it in person and you will too if you DVR'd any of the games.

Nonetheless, I agree wholeheartedly on the second count.  He'd have to come in and accept that he's simply a role player to open things up for Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, and Woodhead underneath, and that he wouldn't be the primary target as often.  Maybe I'm wrong and his time with the Vikings and the Titans taught him a lesson, but I doubt he's capable of understanding that he's not The Man anymore.

Plus, he's a speed merchant whose speed is aging away...

Only for the right money.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

killa  at the end here he was a cancer thats why they traded him, his actions ,press conference and not giving 100 percent when he knew he wasnt getting the ball !So iam not talking about what he did on other teams.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Paul K - first I just want to laugh at how some fans (not saying you) will sh*t on the Jets O line the week before a game and say they have no depth and this guy or that guy is overrated and then months later say LT didnt do so good and he had a great O line. I mean either their O line is not that good or it is. With that said I thought them signing LT was a good idea last year and it worked out pretty good for them.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

It worked out so-so for the Jets.  They got a change-of-pace small tailback which made their running game more effective but really they could have started Danny Woodhead for free.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

The fact is his actions  right before he got traded  we all seen this thats what iam going on not the media or anything else.Yes he did good his first few years here not saying he didnt  but when randy doesnt get his way he sits down on teams its a proven fact and has done it over and over agian.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

You know how there's an acceptable level of crazy among women, that varies depending upon how attractive they are?

Well . . .   it's the same thing with athletes. Head cases are all well and good so long as they're racking up yardage and points (and wins), but when a players' narcissim begins to outweigh his prodcution, what you've got is what Strother Martin would call a failure to communicate.

My take on Randy was that he wanted to get himself shipped out because he saw the writing on the wall . . .  he wasn't going to be able to put up the numbers he thought he needed to support the kind of contract he felt he deserved with Brady spreading the ball around the way he was, so he invented and began chirping about some nebulous disdain he felt coming from "some people in New England" and he was politely asked to ply his trade elsewhere.

That was all well and fine, until he learned that age-old lesson about the Big Yellow Taxi . . .   and a month later, here on the prairie, he had a whole new rant about how New England was Nirvanna on earth and how he longed to perform unnatural acts with Bill Belichick, thus inviting himself out the door in Winter Park and effectively wasting his season . . .   and, ultimately, hammering the final peg into Brad Childress's pine box for good measure.

Whatever Randy -- God love him -- may or may not have left in the tank, I have grave reservations that it's enough to outweigh the charming schizophrenia that will be waiting to surface, once he's back in what he considers a comfort zone.

If New Jersey (green) wants to pay the freight on that particular Pandora's Box, more power to them.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Ok I respect that, I would say that in 2007 and 2008 he ran routes, the knock on him coming in is he only went deep and never went over the middle so thats what I thought we were getting when we got him in 07 but then he came in and ran routes and went over the middle and he did for at least his first 2 seasons. Then he started his regression back to just being a deep threat. If he was coming in as a role player and a role player only at a fair price I would sign him but for anything else other then that I would say im with you and we are better off with out him.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

I'd agree. He was very good his first two seasons and did a lot more.  But he just looked awful on shorter routes the last year and a half.  Plus, even his deep routes weren't so good.  Look at the Cromartie interception against the Jets in the Meadowlands where he gets beat to the ball in single coverage. (The safety on that play had broken in to double Welker, leaving Moss one-on-on with Cromartie.)  That was just awful.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

You know how there's an acceptable level of crazy among women, that varies depending upon how attractive they are? 
    Posted by p-mike

Ha!  Maybe I'm just getting old, but at some point I decided crazy wasn't worth it no matter how hot . . .

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

How about the 2001-2005 patsies.  You seem to forget that team was all about FA signings of players that fit into BBs system, not awesome draft picks.  In fact, the picks that contributed the most were pre BB.  But I guess that only matters when it's another team, right? Just more proof of what an idiot you are. Along with drafting a great core of players, the Jets have signed plaenty of FAs that contributed.  Seems the answer is in the balance of the two.  The fact that Woody, Taylor, and Jenkins may be done has nothing to do with any of it.  Taylor was signed to improve the pass rush.  Check.  Jenkins backup had the same numbers as all world NT, big fat vince (except the Jets stopped the run more effectively), Woody's replacement was drafted last year.  Can you beleive that a team actually drafted players to replace aging players before the were horrible?  And you assume that FA players will not be resigned?  Maybe yes, maybe no, but the Jets obviosuly won't have any trouble attracting FAs this year.  As was stated many times, that was the real benefit of Hard Knox.
    Posted by PhatRex

NY JETS--42 years and counting

Sections
Shortcuts