Randy Moss in a Jets uniform?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Randy Moss in a Jets uniform?

Moss's primary strength was his ability to get open down the field.  He forced teams to play their safeties deep.  But he never gave you all that much on short routes or crossing routes.  The problem I see with Moss's play over the past year and a half is (1) he wasn't getting open deep as consistently and therefore wasn't forcing double coverage like he used to and (2) he seemed to be just getting worse at any other routes (lots of dropped balls).  Worse, when he was on the field, Brady seemed obsessed with trying to hit him.  I just don't like what he brings anymore and don't like the dynamic between him and Brady.  I think the Pats are better off going a different route. They definitely do need a solid deep threat--but I'm not sure Moss is the right one to go with anymore. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i think we should bring him in for camp 1. to help teach the rookies, 2. to keep him out of the jets training camp so if they were to sign him they would be delayed in teaching him the playbook.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Jets need star power to sell their personal seat licenses. 

Last year they paid a premium for LaDanian Tomlinson.  Over the last four games of the season LT could only manage 3.3 yards per carry, and that was behind a really nice offensive line.  So old, fragile and weak really means nothing to the Jets front office. 

Nor does disruptive.  For example, the team loves DUIs with the car full of players at 4 in the morning.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

Moss seems about washed up at this point. When a guy starts to change teams as frequently as he has lately.. it appears the party's over. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Moss is a cancer  to any team just like manny they might go all out at first but then go back to thier normal selfs,its not the risk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss in a Jets uniform?:
    [QUOTE]Moss's primary strength was his ability to get open down the field.  He forced teams to play their safeties deep.  But he never gave you all that much on short routes or crossing routes.  The problem I see with Moss's play over the past year and a half is (1) he wasn't getting open deep as consistently and therefore wasn't forcing double coverage like he used to and (2) he seemed to be just getting worse at any other routes (lots of dropped balls).  Worse, when he was on the field, Brady seemed obsessed with trying to hit him.  I just don't like what he brings anymore and don't like the dynamic between him and Brady.  I think the Pats are better off going a different route. They definitely do need a solid deep threat--but I'm not sure Moss is the right one to go with anymore.    
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Safeties still rolled deep over the top of him. I saw it in person and you will too if you DVR'd any of the games.

Nonetheless, I agree wholeheartedly on the second count.  He'd have to come in and accept that he's simply a role player to open things up for Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, and Woodhead underneath, and that he wouldn't be the primary target as often.  Maybe I'm wrong and his time with the Vikings and the Titans taught him a lesson, but I doubt he's capable of understanding that he's not The Man anymore.

Plus, he's a speed merchant whose speed is aging away...

Only for the right money.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Honestly, this would be another desperation Jets move.

Imagine Moss lobbying for rubber arm Sanchez to lob him underthrown bills into the wind at the Meadowlands? lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

killa  at the end here he was a cancer thats why they traded him, his actions ,press conference and not giving 100 percent when he knew he wasnt getting the ball !So iam not talking about what he did on other teams.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]Paul K - first I just want to laugh at how some fans (not saying you) will sh*t on the Jets O line the week before a game and say they have no depth and this guy or that guy is overrated and then months later say LT didnt do so good and he had a great O line. I mean either their O line is not that good or it is. With that said I thought them signing LT was a good idea last year and it worked out pretty good for them.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

It worked out so-so for the Jets.  They got a change-of-pace small tailback which made their running game more effective but really they could have started Danny Woodhead for free.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Looking at his time in Minny and Tenn, I think it's safe to assume Moss is pretty much done.

And when he comes out and says his heart is with NE, he's going to need a lot more than money and a sales pitch to play elsewhere and deliver.

BB caught lignting in a bottle by acquiring him and unfortunately/fortunately, NE moved on.

I just think he played well here because he bought into it.  When he doesn't have the peer pressure, so to speak, he'll slip.

The other thing is, if this Lockout goes into Sept, what is Moss going to do, jump on with some team thinking it will be as seamless learning another new QB as it was when he learned in NE?

The fact this rumor exists proves the Jets are flying by the seat of their pants.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

The fact is his actions  right before he got traded  we all seen this thats what iam going on not the media or anything else.Yes he did good his first few years here not saying he didnt  but when randy doesnt get his way he sits down on teams its a proven fact and has done it over and over agian.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I think when he publicly shows man-love for NE during a Lockout, basically begging them to open the communication channels, that tells us where his heart/passion is to play.

Would you want to go from a Mercedes to a Cadillac to a Ford Fusion?

No, I wouldn't either.  Going from Brady to Favre/Jackson to a Ten QB of the day probably was hell on earth for Moss, but he made that bed. 

The Pats were masterful in balancing Moss's complex make up and still giving him that carrot (a chance at a SB).  It's when he wasn't rewarded and given the security did he act up.

You'd have to ask Moss if he thinks Sanchez is capable of leading NY to a SB.

I think I know his answer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

You know how there's an acceptable level of crazy among women, that varies depending upon how attractive they are?

Well . . .   it's the same thing with athletes. Head cases are all well and good so long as they're racking up yardage and points (and wins), but when a players' narcissim begins to outweigh his prodcution, what you've got is what Strother Martin would call a failure to communicate.

My take on Randy was that he wanted to get himself shipped out because he saw the writing on the wall . . .  he wasn't going to be able to put up the numbers he thought he needed to support the kind of contract he felt he deserved with Brady spreading the ball around the way he was, so he invented and began chirping about some nebulous disdain he felt coming from "some people in New England" and he was politely asked to ply his trade elsewhere.

That was all well and fine, until he learned that age-old lesson about the Big Yellow Taxi . . .   and a month later, here on the prairie, he had a whole new rant about how New England was Nirvanna on earth and how he longed to perform unnatural acts with Bill Belichick, thus inviting himself out the door in Winter Park and effectively wasting his season . . .   and, ultimately, hammering the final peg into Brad Childress's pine box for good measure.

Whatever Randy -- God love him -- may or may not have left in the tank, I have grave reservations that it's enough to outweigh the charming schizophrenia that will be waiting to surface, once he's back in what he considers a comfort zone.

If New Jersey (green) wants to pay the freight on that particular Pandora's Box, more power to them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

How is  me being accurate "spewing rubbish".

I predicted Woody Johnson would pull out all the gimmicks to try to get them to sell PSLs and the fans would be jobbed yet again.  That's exactly the point.

Jets fans have been had.

That actually supports my point.

The Jets are the current kings of the Raiders/Skins/Cowboys business model of the cap era.   New name in the club, same flawed ideology within the cap era.

It's great marketing, but nothing more than a Potemkin Village at the end of the day. 

I'll take the Pats, Colts, Steelers, Giants, Eagles, Packers, etc, philosophies, thanks very much.

Wildly grapsing for ideas every year isn't going to work. It might if you get lucky, but it has not proven to work.

Good luck having many new players on that team and expecting to win the divison next year with a big old target on your back.

Signing Moss would be replacing Edwards with a cheaper, aging Moss, but then you take away a known commodity 2 years with Sanchez, and roll the dice with a guy who has been a malcontent.

Show us the SB appearances, Phatty. Where are they?

Just how is this good for long term success? Where is the foundation?

A .500 team does well in the playoffs and then in 2010 they choke when they told  us they would win.

Sure smells more like a gimmick to me.

Not "rubbish" at all.  How many SBs have the Skins, Cowboys, Raiders and Jets been to since the cap took shape and forced GMs to be really shrewd with management?

Marketing for revenue is a totally different discussion.  Dan Snyder is as successful or more so than Bob Kraft, but for what?

Al Davis has duped the Raiders fans.  Jerry Jones has a new HD screen in his new stadium.

And?

Does that change the arrrogance or ego problems there?

The Jets are like the Boston Bruins of the NFL.  Great business platform to make great margins, but terrible ownership from a fan's perspective.

Enjoy!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss in a Jets uniform? : Paid a premium?  Really?  Now you're just being silly.  He was paid less than Fred Taylor.... how'd that work out?  When you pay a player 2.5 mil for 50 catches and 900 yards on the ground, you've done well.
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

Well for what? Being a rental player, a whinier, quitter and born loser?

LT has been in FOUR AFC title games and lost them all.

Paul is absolutely correct. If the goal is to announce you are the team to beat and a SB participant and you can't do it, what is the success?

A solid FA signing and what else?  Another falied season.

Fred Taylor isn't a starter, either.  LT is.  He's also one play away from his career being over, so you tell us which makes more sense. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Ok I respect that, I would say that in 2007 and 2008 he ran routes, the knock on him coming in is he only went deep and never went over the middle so thats what I thought we were getting when we got him in 07 but then he came in and ran routes and went over the middle and he did for at least his first 2 seasons. Then he started his regression back to just being a deep threat. If he was coming in as a role player and a role player only at a fair price I would sign him but for anything else other then that I would say im with you and we are better off with out him.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

I'd agree. He was very good his first two seasons and did a lot more.  But he just looked awful on shorter routes the last year and a half.  Plus, even his deep routes weren't so good.  Look at the Cromartie interception against the Jets in the Meadowlands where he gets beat to the ball in single coverage. (The safety on that play had broken in to double Welker, leaving Moss one-on-on with Cromartie.)  That was just awful.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]You know how there's an acceptable level of crazy among women, that varies depending upon how attractive they are? 
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Ha!  Maybe I'm just getting old, but at some point I decided crazy wasn't worth it no matter how hot . . .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Considering it was a short term solution with no division titles/no tangible results to show for it, yes, signing the name on the jerseys to get fans excited proves it failed.

Expect this to be worse for you in the future, Phatty.   

NE will blow right past NY in the upcoming seasons because their operational plans are far more methodical.

Here is Phatty Cakes on opening day when looking at the Jets roster, thinking it's the bestest:

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss in a Jets uniform? : So now going to championship games is a negative in a players career?  I wonder how many of those points LT gave up in those loses.  You are such an idiot, it is hard to believe that you are for real. So, what you're saying about Fred Taylor is that it was a good deal to pay him 2.5 mil to be a backup but a bad deal to pay LT the same to produce?  You can't make this stuff up. You are just plain unable to admit that the vast majority of the moves the Jets made were excellent, for a great value, and produces results.  It is just another example of your lack of real football knowledge.

Obviously, Fragile Fred's contract wasn't a good return, but overpaying at 2.5 million for a role player is not the end of the world.

The vast majority if the Jets moves were not excellent, otherwise you'd be bragging about a SB title.

Your team is the 2002 Raiders that never made it to the SB.

That's exactly what the Jets have right now.  Enjoy!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

have to assume that Moss is the 4th fall back option after signing Holmes, Edwards and Smith. If Jets whiff on 2 of the 3, is there Moss interest? Of course, there will be interest in EVERY available WR.
    Assuming all 3 sign with the Jets, no shot that have interest in Moss. Assuming 2 of the 3 sign, there is no interest. Don't forget, Cotchery is also on the roster.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss in a Jets uniform? : Ooooooooh, nice.  How do you find the time to get all of these pictures with your hectic work schedule?  Once again RPH states that it is better for a team to win the division and choke in their only playoff game than advance to the championship game as a wildcard.  Better check with the NFL, they may disagree. You can't make this up....You just can't.

Actually, after a meeting this morning, I am prospecting which means using the internet.  Googling Potemkin Village and slapping it in here took me literally less than 20 seconds.

You just can't accept how fast I type and my multi-tasking skills are superior to that of yours. That's your issue.

Go to college.

You look dumb not being as sharp in these areas and then have no response, hoping to deflect.  Will not work.

Finally, stop using my phrases.  It's one of your more annoying things.  Get your own material.

What cannot be made up is you trolling this board as a fan who has never even seen his team win an AFC title game in his entire life.

This is the equivalent of me acting the '85 Pats making it to a SB as a Wild Card is some legendary feat.

You'll be 50 years old and gushing at your 2010 season.  This is the difference between you and me as football fans.

You're a loser. I am not.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I am still in tears with Homer Phatty pretending Woodhead is not as good as Joe McKnight. lol!!

That was one of the all time classic boneheaded Tannenboob moves. Even a fan in SF can see that.

Woodhead has ascended so fast, he was just bounced from the opportunity of being on the Madden cover, losing to SB MVP Aaron Rodgers.

Ditching Woodhead and keeping/drafting McKnight and Conner (lol!!) is a classic case of the Jets not having a clue how to manage or maximize an asset.

Draft Wilson. Check.
    Draft McKnight. Check.
    Draft Conner. Check.

Ditch Woodhead at age 25 and watch him become the best scatback in the NFL for the next 10 years.

Success is ours! 

lol

Let's justify our scrambling draft pick in Joe McKnight and fail to realize what we have in Woodhead.

Great management! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Jason Taylor is done.  Damien Woody is done.  Kris Jenkins is unlikely to shed that weight and rehab without a contract, so he's likely done.

Cromartie, Edwards and Holmes are all FAs.

What good is trading draft picks for rentals?

As for NE, the important thing is to not stray from a very successful recipe,  a recipe that some teams try to emulate. This has been documented time and again by many franchises in this league.

You keep using the idea that NE's D was SB ready and they had stability on offense last year, when Pats fans knew this wasn't really true.

I'll take the good season, a division title yet again, and realize the future looks incredibly bright in 2011 and well beyond.

You'll take failure and mediocrity in a small window, gimmicks, and being duped, apparently.

You just do not understand the differences, which shows your lack of basic, college level intellect in this case.

Show me one team that has tried to build a team like the Jets in the cap era, that won a SB. Only the 2002 Raiders, with that approach of buying a slew of FAs, actually attended a SB in the last decade.

They "advanced to a final 4" too, but it all blew up really quick, didn't it?

You can't name a team that has won a SB doing whast the Jets are doing because it doesn't exist. 

It's the 2002 Raiders last ditch move, and your crossing your fingers for this regime's Jetsies. Keep crossing the fingers.

Do you think it's a mystery, the 1990s teams that were great like Dallas, Buffalo, Denver or SF, all fell off the map in the 00s?

Dallas and SF took the old school open check book ideology to the hilt and have paid for it ever since, unable to lay down a foundation that worked.

Denver has been essentially mediocre, minus a mini run 5 years ago (2005).

So, show us a team that used or using the Jets approach, that proved to be successful.

Good luck!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

What? I claimed what now about Welker?

Keep telling us McKnight should have been drafted along with a run of the mill FB in place of using Woodhead to complement LT and Greene. lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]How about the 2001-2005 patsies.  You seem to forget that team was all about FA signings of players that fit into BBs system, not awesome draft picks.  In fact, the picks that contributed the most were pre BB.  But I guess that only matters when it's another team, right? Just more proof of what an idiot you are. Along with drafting a great core of players, the Jets have signed plaenty of FAs that contributed.  Seems the answer is in the balance of the two.  The fact that Woody, Taylor, and Jenkins may be done has nothing to do with any of it.  Taylor was signed to improve the pass rush.  Check.  Jenkins backup had the same numbers as all world NT, big fat vince (except the Jets stopped the run more effectively), Woody's replacement was drafted last year.  Can you beleive that a team actually drafted players to replace aging players before the were horrible?  And you assume that FA players will not be resigned?  Maybe yes, maybe no, but the Jets obviosuly won't have any trouble attracting FAs this year.  As was stated many times, that was the real benefit of Hard Knox.

NY JETS--42 years and counting