Randy Moss is available. Are you game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

Randy Moss is available. Are you game?

Moss is available. Should the Pats even consider signing him to a one year contract, say a mill per year? Moss played all 16 games for the 49ers. He needs 18 catches to get 1000 catches for his career. He knows the offense. Play him on third down only to stretch the field. Make that the understanding coming in. WhaddyaThink? 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Randy Moss is available. Are you game?

It's too bad things went horribly wrong with Moss - he was a great player for us - ill never forget that post game press conference he gave, I almost fell right off my couch. It would be great to find something like him for our outside receiver spot, but that would take a miracle (guys like him don't grown on trees)....as for the current Randy? No thanks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

sigh... What would an offseason be without a Moss thread. Absolutely no. He didn't really do anything in SF, hasn't done anything since 09', and again melted in the playoffs. The guy just can't play in big games. One day I hope to not see any more Moss threads but that doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon (10' after Minn dumped him, 11' offseason, 11' during season, 12' off season, 12' trade for Moss in season, 13' off season... the list goes on)

Why do I have the feeling that in 10 years I'll see a thread saying that Moss is just sitting on his couch lets bring him in for vet leadership  >.<   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In response to gandalf433's comment:

Moss is available. Should the Pats even consider signing him to a one year contract, say a mill per year? Moss played all 16 games for the 49ers. He needs 18 catches to get 1000 catches for his career. He knows the offense. Play him on third down only to stretch the field. Make that the understanding coming in. WhaddyaThink? 

Draft a WR and have Moss show him what it takes to be a professional. Brady & BB have often said Moss was the smartest wr they ever knew.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

No

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I say yes because he already knows the offense. Drafting Brady a WR is a crapshoot, if the kid doesn't get it instantly, Brady turns into a diva and refuses to throw him the ball. 

As long as Welker is here, the Pats shouldn't waste a high pick or big FA money on a WR. Brady will never work with a WR to understand the offense as long as his binkey is here, he doesn't have to really. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

In response to THTM's comment:

Well if we get Tebow thrown in a package deal plus a 87 Monza with slight rust around the wheelwells and 5 million dollars and all the TV channels free. Umm NO.But it becomes close.

What? No Yugo?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to dwhite1220's comment:

Draft a WR and have Moss show him what it takes to be a professional. Brady & BB have often said Moss was the smartest wr they ever knew.

Signing a veteran just to show the guy how to be a professional is a bit overrated. If the player can play, then the player can play. If you happen to have a veteran who can contribute, then it's a bonus.

Moss' best days are behind him. No need to use up a spot on the roster for him. I know he loves the Pats, but his attitude sucks. He wants to be a starter and he wants to get the ball. At this point of his career, I don't think he can be that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Won't happen again.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

They were close to brining him back a couple of years ago when Ocho came on board.  My gosh, how sweet it would have been to have had Moss back instead of them signing Ocho.  It would have been a whole lot better..... , and might I add I was calling for them to sign Moss then.

Now most know I have been a big Moss on the Patriots fan, afterall he helped blow up the offense in 07, my gosh what a blast it was to see him and Brady just go off on defenses.  However, after seeing Moss last season even I can admit that his career is pretty much over.  I was not happy with his play in SF when he was on the field.

BUT.... while your not going to sign him to be the mid to deep threat they need I would very easily have him ahead of like a Stallworth or Gaffney should they want to bring in another receiver like that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

sure for the vet min, 1 year. cut him in training camp if he doesn't want to block downfield, or go full speed even if he isn't getting the ball. let's see if he still has it.  We have a shortage of WR with the potential loss of welker, endelman and LLoyd being a question mark. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

They were close to brining him back a couple of years ago when Ocho came on board.  My gosh, how sweet it would have been to have had Moss back instead of them signing Ocho.  It would have been a whole lot better..... , and might I add I was calling for them to sign Moss then.

Now most know I have been a big Moss on the Patriots fan, afterall he helped blow up the offense in 07, my gosh what a blast it was to see him and Brady just go off on defenses.  However, after seeing Moss last season even I can admit that his career is pretty much over.  I was not happy with his play in SF when he was on the field.

BUT.... while your not going to sign him to be the mid to deep threat they need I would very easily have him ahead of like a Stallworth or Gaffney should they want to bring in another receiver like that.

Moss sucked by the beginning of 2010 and ran 4 routes. His speed had diminished and he was looking for a huge payday into an unknown lockout period, putting himself before the team.  As you can see, he was useless in the SB.  Ocho wasn't "signed" either. BB traded  5th and 6th for him.

I don't know If I'd say the guy only ran 4 routes and had lost it completely - I mean on one leg this guy probably ran better than any reciever we had the last two years. I agree his attitude was the problem (and really that was his story throughout his entire career), but this guy could play...now he did nothing since leaving here, but that was on him...his attitude.

I saw him play live three times - two of those times was the year before we let him go - clearly he was already starting to play soft and get an attitude, but still he couldn't really be covered. I watched Brady throw slant, after slant, after slant to him and there was nothing the opposing team could do to stop it. Nothing. Then it was in cuts...out cuts...screens...curls. Moss took a beating that day, but he must of had 150 yards recieving for 8 first downs...I don't think Brady threw it deep to him once. The guy was more than just a deep outside threat - Belichick said after the game that Moss was the best route runner he had ever seen...that he runs every route better than anyone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Moss sucked by the beginning of 2010 and ran 4 routes. His speed had diminished and he was looking for a huge payday into an unknown lockout period, putting himself before the team.  As you can see, he was useless in the SB.  Ocho wasn't "signed" either. BB traded  5th and 6th for him.

I don't know If I'd say the guy only ran 4 routes and had lost it completely - I mean on one leg this guy probably ran better than any reciever we had the last two years. I agree his attitude was the problem (and really that was his story throughout his entire career), but this guy could play...now he did nothing since leaving here, but that was on him...his attitude.

I saw him play live three times - two of those times was the year before we let him go - clearly he was already starting to play soft and get an attitude, but still he couldn't really be covered. I watched Brady throw slant, after slant, after slant to him and there was nothing the opposing team could do to stop it. Nothing. Then it was in cuts...out cuts...screens...curls. Moss took a beating that day, but he must of had 150 yards recieving for 8 first downs...I don't think Brady threw it deep to him once. The guy was more than just a deep outside threat - Belichick said after the game that Moss was the best route runner he had ever seen...that he runs every route better than anyone.

Cool stories!  I seen Moss play twice live.  Sitting 2nd row end zone when he cought his 100th TD.  Then seen him in 2008, that;s when things started to go bad with him.  He would sit on the bench alone, away from others.  I know he was probably disappointed that TFB was out for the season but he just didn't seem happy.  But what I witnessed on the field live was the guy was fast, and a very good route runner.  Dude ran like a big, fast buck being chased by hunters.  So effortlessly, and smooth!  The guy was born to run and catch footballs!!  Bring him in at a low deal and just let him run deep all day and get him the ball a couple times per game.  First sign of trouble then cut him loose!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I rather play a man down. SF couldn't get him outta there quick enough.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Honestly, Moss looked very 'stiff' running routes last year.  That 6'4 frame and age has finally caught up to him.  If Moss played stronger he may still help, but he only offers that finesse outside presence.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to dwhite1220's comment:

Moss teaching someone to be a "professional"? How many times in his career did he act as a "professional". Playing at a high level and being a professional are very different things.

Moss is considered smart yes but you do NOT coach or teach smarts. The Coaches can teach the system. A WR's capacity to learn(what I believe Brady and BB were referring to) and absorb that information is not coached.

No to Moss.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'm waiting for the sign Shawn merriman threads. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I'm waiting for the sign Shawn merriman threads. 

He's available?? Sign the beast!!  LOL!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I loved Randy in NE and have great memories of his contributions and teamwork. I prefer to leave it as it is with good memories of him. He gave a lot here and I am glad he wore the Pats uniform.

Sections
Shortcuts