Randy Moss is not Jesus - Should we Cut him in 2010?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Randy Moss is not Jesus - Should we Cut him in 2010?

Well, it has now been conclusively established that Randy Moss is not Jesus Christ. He does not walk on water. He does not cure the sick. He will not die for our sins. And he is capable of getting bummed out when he is not performing like what he is - one of the greatest players ever. Apparently, he is capable of not giving 100% all the time, much like 99.9999% of the non-son-of-god population.

Given this, and the fact that he has not approached 23 touchdowns this year, I think the reasonable question is whether we should just cut him now or wait until after the season.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Randy Moss is not Jesus - Should we Cut him in 2010?

He should be cut, the sooner the better.  Whenever you have a chance to get rid of a hall of fame reciever who is a league leader in recieving you should.  Tom Brady also, I looked at the stats and they are not #1 in every single category.  How hard could it be to replace these guys anyway.  I figure we should be able to pick up two all time greats in the next draft. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Darn, his picture looked so good on top of my Christmas tree, and now you tell me he's just one of us.  I suppose you'll tell me there's no Santa Claus next...  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Teams will double WW leaving RM with single coverage so hopefully TB will be looking for him. That's the pick your poison problem for opposing defenses.....double one we throw to the other.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss is not Jesus - Should we Cut him in 2010?:
    He should be cut, the sooner the better.  Whenever you have a chance to get rid of a hall of fame reciever who is a league leader in recieving you should.  Tom Brady also, I looked at the stats and they are not #1 in every single category.  How hard could it be to replace these guys anyway.  I figure we should be able to pick up two all time greats in the next draft. 
    Posted by shenanigan

Or we could trade him to the Colts. He is such a he would probably ruin them after scoring 35 TD's in 2010.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

No brainer. Cut him. Aiken or Brandon Tate can easily replace a lazy bum who just runs post patterns all day. If not then let Welker be that guy so he can get 15 TD's a year on top of 100+ catches. He deserves it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss is not Jesus - Should we Cut him in 2010? : Or we could trade him to the Colts. He is such a he would probably ruin them after scoring 35 TD's in 2010.
    Posted by Caesar1177

i know right?? a player that has 912 career receptions, 14,275 carreer receiving yards, 144 career TDs 211 of which are of 20yrds or more, 75 TDs of 40 yrds or more, 10 out of 12 seasons of a 1000 yrds or more, back to back seasons of 100 catches plus 183 games played  78.0 yrds per game avg... 25 rushing attempts for 159yrds... 8 pass attempts, 4 completions for a 106 yrds and 2 TDs (95.8 passer rating)... 18 punt returns for a 162 yrds and a TD... 23 tackles an interception, 7 fumbles recovered, 15 fumbles 10 lost.... only rookie receiver to catch 17 TDs... only receiver to catch 15 or more TDs 3 times... 

must be extremely lazy... one game erases all those stats not to mention his team leading nine TDs.... lets trade him we can find another randy moss on the street

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

not fond of randy anyway.  first half of 07, ok.  after that, eh.  he draws double teams.  thats about it.  hes doing less of that now, and has been shut down consistently.  think brandon marshall doesn't get doubled?  or Johnson?  they FIGHT for a football, if its thrown ANYWHERE near them, FIGHT for it.  Randy, he don't catch it unless you pop it right in his drawers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

Wait a few months and there's a team down south that will give you a late round draft pick...pawn him off on your enemy...please!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

81Pats12, he didnt get those last year.  we are talking about NOW.  then he was lazy, fast as hell, jumped high, and was being pushed by CHRIS CARTER and the need to establish his name and make money.  now, hes just a bit lazy, and doesnt challenge anyone for a football.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss is not Jesus - Should we Cut him in 2010? : i know right?? a player that has 912 career receptions, 14,275 carreer receiving yards, 144 career TDs 211 of which are of 20yrds or more, 75 TDs of 40 yrds or more, 10 out of 12 seasons of a 1000 yrds or more, back to back seasons of 100 catches plus 183 games played  78.0 yrds per game avg... 25 rushing attempts for 159yrds... 8 pass attempts, 4 completions for a 106 yrds and 2 TDs (95.8 passer rating)... 18 punt returns for a 162 yrds and a TD... 23 tackles an interception, 7 fumbles recovered, 15 fumbles 10 lost.... only rookie receiver to catch 17 TDs... only receiver to catch 15 or more TDs 3 times...  must be extremely lazy... one game erases all those stats not to mention his team leading nine TDs.... lets trade him we can find another randy moss on the street
    Posted by 81pats12

i mean 211 plays of 20yrds or more

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Anyone who suggests the idea of cutting Randy Moss should be cut from this board and Patriots Nation.  Just his presence on the field changes how defenses play and make the players around him better!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

81Pats12, he didnt get those last year.  we are talking about NOW.  then he was lazy, fast as hell, jumped high, and was being pushed by CHRIS CARTER and the need to establish his name and make money.  now, hes just a bit lazy, and doesnt challenge anyone for a football.  
    Posted by Davedsone

last year he had a QB that hasn't started since high scholl still had a 1000 plus yards and 11 TDs a couple of which were clutch.. this season he's surpased last season's yardage and has 9 TDs... WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?? moss gets  major coverage brady doesn't throw into coverage soon as he sees double, triple coverage on moss he's going to welker that's why sometimes moss eases up because he sees the coverage and automatically knows wes is getting the ball that's called being smart and perserving energy

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

He may not be Jesus but he could be one of the 4 horseman of the Apocalypse. Nuff Said. I can't believe there are people biting on this one Caesar. No Matter what we can't replace him and he's not making heaps of cash. For a bum he has over 1000 yds receiving thru 13 games. Who knows, maybe it's just me thats skrewwed up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

Anyone who suggests the idea of cutting Randy Moss should be cut from this board and Patriots Nation.  Just his presence on the field changes how defenses play and make the players around him better!
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

Hey, I've been nice.. so please don't cut me from this board..I'm just trying to help those disgruntled fans who don't like him by offering to take him off your hands for a 7th--how aout a 6th? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

not fond of randy anyway.  first half of 07, ok.  after that, eh.  he draws double teams.  thats about it.  hes doing less of that now, and has been shut down consistently.  think brandon marshall doesn't get doubled?  or Johnson?  they FIGHT for a football, if its thrown ANYWHERE near them, FIGHT for it.  Randy, he don't catch it unless you pop it right in his drawers.
    Posted by Davedsone

IF WELKER IS HAVING A GOOD GAME MOSS IS BEING DOUBLE AND TRIPLED COVERED... PERIOD

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

am i the only one who finds a receiver with 8 pass attempts, 4 completions for a 106 yrds and 2 TDs (95.8 passer rating) plus a punt return for a TD on his resume is effin impressive even though he did throw a int he also caught one while playing on defense

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

You've got to be kidding. This is one of the most talented receivers to ever play football, in his prime, and you people want to cut him because of a bad game, because the opposing DBs criticised him or because you're reading too many sports writers? 

For some reason, the best receivers in football are quite often the biggest flakes. I give you ochocinco, TO and marvin harrison. 

Lay off Moss, he'll come around.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss is not Jesus - Should we Cut him in 2010? : Hey, I've been nice.. so please don't cut me from this board..I'm just trying to help those disgruntled fans who don't like him by offering to take him off your hands for a 7th--how aout a 6th? 
    Posted by oggieman

I meant Patriots fans who said he should be cut, oggie.  I'd expect a Dolphins fan to want Moss out of here!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss is not Jesus - Should we Cut him in 2010? : I meant Patriots fans who said he should be cut, oggie.  I'd expect a Dolphins fan to want Moss out of here!
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

lol seriously randy would complete miami... devonne bess' numbers would be inflated

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

Posted by Davedsone

Johnson and Marshall get doubled yea and?

I assume you are talking about Andre Johnson:

1237 yards 8 TD for Johnson who is pretty much the only WR on the team so there is no where else to go besides him

1008 yards 9 TD for Marshall who has also been force feed the ball cuz Orton doesn't know how to throw the ball to Eddie Royal unless it is against the Patriots

1074 yards 9 TD for Moss when the majority of the time Brady would go to Welker for being a smart QB

So I am not sure what you are complaining.... Also note that when Moss was at Johnson and Marshall's age, he was doing the like of 111 reception 1632 yards and 17 TDs. I am sorry but be glad we have one of the top WRs in the game, and perhaps the best at going deep.

Also, in 2007, Moss had 47 catches 779 yards and 11 TD in the first half, 51 catches 714 yards and 12 TD in the second half. What part of second half are you talking about he being eh? Andre Johnson has not had a 10 TD year and Moss got 12 in a half and you are still not satisfied?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Posted by Davedsone

Almost everyone one here is being sarcastic.  Not sure if you are but it doesn't seem like it.

As for Brandon Marshall and Andre Johnson, I'm sure they get doubled like Randy

Brandon Marshall has less yards than Moss and the same amount of TD's (Which means Moss />Marshall

Andre Johnson has 150 more yards but only 8 TD's  (Moss has 9) Moss=Johnson

The only reason you think Marshall, Johnson, or Vikings Randy was better was because you don't watch the games you watch highlights and don't see the games where they don't come up big.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss is not Jesus - Should we Cut him in 2010? : lol seriously randy would complete miami... devonne bess' numbers would be inflated
    Posted by 81pats12

but then Bess would have 110 catches for 1100 yards and become a star slot WR and Miami will want to cut Moss cuz he made Bess better.

just to put up an ESPN phrase, "come on man"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss is not Jesus - Should we Cut him in 2010? : Almost everyone one here is being sarcastic.  Not sure if you are but it doesn't seem like it. As for Brandon Marshall and Andre Johnson, I'm sure they get doubled like Randy Brandon Marshall has less yards than Moss and the same amount of TD's (Which means Moss />Marshall Andre Johnson has 150 more yards but only 8 TD's  (Moss has 9) Moss=Johnson The only reason you think Marshall, Johnson, or Vikings Randy was better was because you don't watch the games you watch highlights and don't see the games where they don't come up big.
    Posted by shenanigan

He just missed it when Andre Johnson was covered by Revis in week 1 and got 4 catches and 35 yards. Yea, FIGHT for the ball, go go! FIGHT for that ball that is being thrown to Welker cuz you are consistently being doubled to free up the others while still putting up great number yourself. All you need to know is Revis is covering Moss, that about tells you who they think the No.1 on the team is.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

We should cut him and get Tyree.

Sections
Shortcuts