Randy Moss is not Jesus - Should we Cut him in 2010?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Randy Moss is not Jesus - Should we Cut him in 2010?

Some people will alway hate Randy for 2 reasons:

1. They don't know jack crap about football

2. They are haters

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

I have no answer for parting ways with Moss, don't know who else could come in and be the impact player that would be needed by this team.  But, it seems to me that the same posters here defending Moss are probably the same posters who were adamantly defending Adalius Thomas not too long ago.  Just my take, but don't think you can travel down the road to the Super Bowl with individuals who place their needs, wants and desires ahead of the teams.  It must be an extremely difficult job being a head coach of any NFL team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I am amazed, after reading some of the dumbest posts I've ever read. Though Moss has had four (4) non-productive games in a row, he is still 6th in the league in yards gained by a receiver...and is within just 6 yards of the 3rd overall spot. Yeah...lets' cut the bum...LOL!!!!

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=RECEIVING&conference=null&season=2009&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RECEIVING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Thanks Kmax, I was reading some of the people who took the bait (davedsone) and was getting ready to tear into him and just starting LMFAO and almost fell off my chair.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

an explanation of the game by someone credible that watches "the coaches tape"

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2009/12/16/edge-nfl-matchup-exec-weighs-in-i-thought-this-game-was-no-different-for-randy-moss-than-any-other-game/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

U dont think Wes benefits from playing w/ Moss , U kidding me? Every player needs a lil' help , be it in the form of a good o-line , D , whatever. But great players perform whereever they are. How was Welker in Maimi , and I know ur gonna say , thats not fair. His game was the same there(slot, over the middle guy) as it is here. He did not perform. Randy has performed everywhere , and has done things no other elite rec. in history has done. Wes didnt have the QB in Miami , well what bout Gus Ferotte, Jeff George, Daunte(54 fumbles in 68 games) Culpepper, Kerry Collins, Aaron Brooks, Marcus TouISUKo, Matt "f'ein" Cassell. Saying he doesnt benefit from a all time great(top3-5 rec.) is stupid...Period

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Off with their heads!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

81pats12, that link you posted about says it all. Welker, 1 on 1, why? Randy Moss. Nuff said.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss is not Jesus - Should we Cut him in 2010?:
    [QUOTE]81pats12, that link you posted about says it all. Welker, 1 on 1, why? Randy Moss. Nuff said.
    Posted by pochen23[/QUOTE]

wish i can force feed that info to peter king, gaspar, breer(mr. i know t.o  so i must know randy), borges, the hacks at eei, jerry "im scared randy's coming for the rest of my records" rice, cris "cocaine/ randy's already got  most my records" carter, micheal "cocaine, blunt, ho#$ my stats dont compare to randy" irvin

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss is not Jesus - Should we Cut him in 2010? : dude no they didnt your own newspaper(the miami herald) said at times they had moss tripled covered.. when he scored his TD he had two guys trailing him...
    Posted by 81pats12[/QUOTE]

In the first game, the announcers kept saying how they were doubling welker and leaving vonate all alone on Moss--and it showed on the replays.

For the game down here, I was at the game--so I don't know what the announcers said.  But I know what I saw. Most of the game they covered moss with Vontae alone--including the interecepted pass in the end zone--and most of the game they doubled welker.  That's what I saw.  And this doesn't mean that they didn't double up Moss on occoasionor leave Welker n single coverage.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

Oggieman, you are correct in the sense that in that game, the Dolphins doubled Welker, but you are wrong on Moss. They did have a safty on top of Moss most of the game. That's what Welker referred to as the new look that New Orlean did, which is putting a safty on top of Moss to go with the CB who is covering him to take away the deep ball, and put 2 DBs (likely a strong SS and CB) on Welker to take away the middle. That's why you see that game Sam Aikan was open so much cuz he was in true 1 on 1 matchup with absolutely no help from both safties.

You have to count that safty as double team. And I was watching the game at home and the announcers were saying in the first half that Welker is the one you need to double, why are you leaving him in single coverage? Then in the second half they adjusted to also doubling Welker, they did not double him in the first half. Once that was done, the Pats were shut down cuz the 3rd WR couldn't get open on an 1 on 1 and our TE disappeared.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

Some of the funniest most sarcastic responses to a post ever! I think i just pissed myself. To whoever posted all the stats about Moss- nice job i had no idea the guy was as unbelievable as that- I just knew he was awesome...... By the way I heard a couple of rumors that Moss' back is hurt pretty bad and has been since the Colts game. Not sure if it true but Steve Young just said the same thing on ESPN so it could explain alot. Also Moss will intentionally go half speed sometimes to set up a defense and then run right past them. The guy is the best receiver to ever play the game and is still a few years (hopefully) away from retiring. He and Welker make the best two receiver combo in the NFL. If he is hurt we will never know because the Pats dont ever give out info on injury, but if he is it stinks we cant rest him because we dont have anyone else who could take his place for a week or two.   But hands down he is the best receiver in the game. I hope he retires here. It would be nice to see him fight harder for the ball sometimes but maybe right now he cant.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I luv how people says things on here , that are completely wrong , dont back them up w/ any evidence what so ever(oggieman) There are things like game tape, the all 22 tape, which provide factual evidence, that makes U look stupid. Sumone says Revis shut down 81, I say BS, the second game this year he played 81 very well, although I dont think U can say U shut sumone down when they get in the endzone. That wasnt a cheap td either, would it have been a cheap break-up if he deflected it, no. The first game however Randy got the best of Revis 60-70% of the time. 81 would have had a good game if only 12 could throw from his back. He was hit 21 times. Thats not including hurries.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

I think there has to be a reason that Moss is always not presented in the practice on Wednesday, and this has been going on for many weeks. I also hope he is not hurting but even if he is, the mere presence of him on the field is enough to open up the rest.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsAr3VMTGIQ&feature=player_embedded

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsAr3VMTGIQ&feature=player_embedded
    Posted by 81pats12[/QUOTE]

Nice video.

A lot of people don't realize that the mooning event was in response to the GB fans. They greet the opposing teams bus as it comes into Lambeau and a group mooning is often done to at least the Vikings - not sure if they do it to every team. Brett Favre mentioned it when he went back to Lambeau with the Vikes. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss is not Jesus - Should we Cut him in 2010? : Nice video. A lot of people don't realize that the mooning event was in response to the GB fans. They greet the opposing teams bus as it comes into Lambeau and a group mooning is often done to at least the Vikings - not sure if they do it to every team. Brett Favre mentioned it when he went back to Lambeau with the Vikes. 
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

i remember tony dungy mentioning that when it happened and joe buck overeating like a little girl with a spider crawling on her

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Cut moss and then watch Welker be another average reciever. He would be double covered every single time and wouldnt be able to get open. Moss takes the double teams with him and gets Welker 1 vs 1 on offense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

i meant overreacting

here's something interesting
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704238104574602010929849796.html?mod=article-outset-box

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

this is reporting something most these boston hack reporters  dont know  anything about

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/12/15/AR2009121504539.html

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Lets just cut all the Pats that want to cut him!
    Randy is somebody worth sticking with. It's the really just fans narcissism and inner lack of self worth that demands unreal expectations of our atheletes.

NYC Pats Fan

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I think we should try to clone Wes Welker and even if the clones can't play the defense won't know who the real Welker is...ummm hopefully Brady could keep them straight. If we can do that then sure lets call it a day with Moss.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

You know, 81pats12 posted a video showing Moss earlier in his career with the Vikes. I had forgotten how he wore his hair back then. In watching that video, I think he is Jesus and this whole thread is now rendered moot.

Sections
Shortcuts