Randy Moss: My heart is in New England

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Randy Moss: My heart is in New England

And if he wants to coach high school football like he said he does then i think he will do a bang up job.

God I had a visual of Snoop dog's bus II

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i think we should sign chad johnson when he is cut by cincy or trade for steve smith from carolina, bring in moss only for training camp to see how he can help the rookie WR's learn and to size him up for a potential coaching role. I do really like our WR core's future though. price looked pretty good for the few minutes he did play and tate is improving.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Who remembers what we learned about the leopard?

Anyone?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

The leopard can't change it's stripes

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Rex Ryan's heart is at the podiatrist's.

Moss has to realise that he won't get WR #1 money. Not here and probably not anywhere else.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike473. Show Mike473's posts

I actually think Randy is sincere. It is almost the end of the road for Randy and I think he knows he screwed up here and regrets it. The guy doesn't have enough time left in his career to play anymore games. Randy loves football in my opinion and doesnt want last seasons mess to define him. I would bet Randy will behave perfectly and leave football in a respectable manner at the end of next season or the following year. For low money, this is a no brainer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Tuff call.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I don't know what it is, but people are giving this guy way too much credit.

This time it'll be different. This time he's sincere. Really? 

Was he sincere during his first viking press conference? How about a few weeks later when he tried to get the HC fired? 

Yeah, that's a guy I would trust. NOT. All this for a guy that didn't even start for Tennessee and isn't really a deep threat anymore. This is almost as bad as the Shawn Crable threads.

In Response to Re: Randy Moss: My heart is in New England:
    [QUOTE]I actually think Randy is sincere. It is almost the end of the road for Randy and I think he knows he screwed up here and regrets it. The guy doesn't have enough time left in his career to play anymore games. Randy loves football in my opinion and doesnt want last seasons mess to define him. I would bet Randy will behave perfectly and leave football in a respectable manner at the end of next season or the following year. For low money, this is a no brainer.
    Posted by Mike473[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I tend to agree with Rockdog on this.  I don't dislike Moss, but I think his skills have declined and I'm not sure he can keep all his emotions under control. He's seemed pretty distracted and unfocused at times in the past two years and, maybe worse, his presence on the field seems to affect the way Brady plays.  It seems like Brady keys in on him too much--either because he thinks Moss can still play like the old Moss or because he feels like he needs to keep Moss happy. Whatever it is, I don't really think the dynamic between Brady and Moss is good for the offense. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

[QUOTE]Who remembers what we learned about the leopard?   Anyone?
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]
    That the Leopard has a nice belly button?Tongue out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

That I want to remove it's spots but keep forgetting it's just a picture on a computer screen  Yell

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]The leopard can't change it's stripes
    Posted by harleyroadking11[/QUOTE]
    I'd like to watch her try.  

Those aren't stripes.

Moss's heart isn't into football, or more likely he's too permanently old and worn out and BB knew it. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Can you present your ex gf theory again? I think a lot of fans will be lining up to support Moss without even remembering that he did his best to get two coaches fired last year. A lot of people will only remember 2007. If his actions last year don't SCREAM he's not a patriot, then I don't know what does. This guy is just a self centered turd who doesn't have the skills anymore to warrant his attitude.  In Response to Re: Randy Moss: My heart is in New England :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000[/QUOTE]

LOL took me awhile but here you go Rock:

"This is the classic symptom of someone who gets emotional abused but still wants the person. They look great together the first couple times but then you slowly begin to realize some things wrong. When you finally spilt up and you find some thing that isn't as hot but more stable in the long run, all of a sudden the old fling comes back. Your friends and family tell you they aren't right for you and how much they hurt you when they never gave any effort right before you broke up but you only respond "but things are different now. They're a better person and I can change them. They see they were better off with me. It will be like when we first met." It never works out in the end and you are left with someone not giving a full effort again hoping they'd become like they use to be when all along you should have stayed with what was working, the stability."

from http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3af252d60b-a273-4d7e-8c17-8181e854e490&plckCurrentPage=0

Funny how it's going exactly as I said it would even down to the people saying how things have changed and Moss "sees" he was better off with us.

The best part is right below that post was p-mike with a leopard pic and Ap making fun of me because of this post

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Those who know me and my posts during the whole Moss trade know that I am a big Moss fan.  Well...Maybe was a big Moss fan. I have kind of moved on from him now.  But if he can make some personal changes and get the Alge Crumpler type attitude, live with what his role would be with the team and turn into a team player then just maybe it would work out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBermuda. Show PatsBermuda's posts

1# He is not a high risk like everybody's making him out to be

2# We're not drafting a WR so why not?

3# Truthfully, weather you want to believe it or not we lost to Jets because we didn't have him(deep threat)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

In reference to that pic...HELLOOOOOOOOOO Kitty. lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]1# He is not a high risk like everybody's making him out to be 2# We're not drafting a WR so why not? 3# Truthfully, weather you want to believe it or not we lost to Jets because we didn't have him(deep threat)
    Posted by PatsBermuda[/QUOTE]

1) He tried to get 2 coaches fired and got kicked off 5 teams (counting Minny twice). He also worked with our CB's and young WR's during the pre-season yet they only got better once he left (not a coincidence).

2) You know for a fact that neither Tate or Price will work out and that we won't draft a WR? Then tell me on insight one which players are we drafting?

3) We lost to the Jets because the OLine couldn't keep Brady up and or pass rush was giving Sanchez all day and tomorrow to throw the ball. It also didn't help we bearly ran to set up the pass while the Jets were clearly in a zone prevent D. This isn't to mention that we had Moss in the firts game against the Jets we lost and didn't have him in the game we blew them out so how did he help in both of those games?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

#3 is the big point. People are still angry and some are listening to the talking heads that are giving the pats a WR in round 1. In my mind the Jets loss showed they need to get tougher and more talented up front. 

I also think Brady works best with okay to good talent (see the three super bowl wins) and it was CLEAR the offense wasn't working with Randy. If anything they should continue to go with a less Brady dependent direction and built up the OL, DL, and running game. They made huge strides in this regard last year and it'd be silly to change course.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss: My heart is in New England : 1) He tried to get 2 coaches fired and got kicked off 5 teams (counting Minny twice). He also worked with our CB's and young WR's during the pre-season yet they only got better once he left (not a coincidence). 2) You know for a fact that neither Tate or Price will work out and that we won't draft a WR? Then tell me on insight one which players are we drafting? 3) We lost to the Jets because the OLine couldn't keep Brady up and or pass rush was giving Sanchez all day and tomorrow to throw the ball. It also didn't help we bearly ran to set up the pass while the Jets were clearly in a zone prevent D. This isn't to mention that we had Moss in the firts game against the Jets we lost and didn't have him in the game we blew them out so how did he help in both of those games?
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Can you explain #1 a little bit. The guy was on three teams last year! Is that an indication of a riskless player?

[QUOTE]1# He is not a high risk like everybody's making him out to be 2# We're not drafting a WR so why not? 3# Truthfully, weather you want to believe it or not we lost to Jets because we didn't have him(deep threat)
    Posted by PatsBermuda[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss: My heart is in New England : I'd like to watch her try.   Those aren't stripes. Moss's heart isn't into football, or more likely he's too permanently old and worn out and BB knew it. 
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

Not sure I buy this.  He just put his contract above his focus. He still wants to play. He only feels he can get motivated by playing in NE.  This was obvious before he was traded. We all knew it. 

It's like going from a Cadillac to a Ford Esort.   As if he's going to a better place outside of the Pats?   Where?  Not happening.

I approve of the trade, but I think it really came down to him being selfish and wanting a new deal, putting that above the team.

Definitley a problem, no doubt, especially during the season, but look who else did that this past year?

Logie Mankins.  Yup.

He put himself above the team and rejected a top flight deal.  I am sure if Moss was offered a decent deal, he'd still be here.  I don't disagree with no offering him a deal, but I also wouldn't have minded seeing a team friendly deal if he would have taken it and been a good solider.

I do like how the trade forced Brady to go back to the old Brady.  The O'Brien issue is another discussion, as is the poor play of Mankins in the postseason.

Since he did not a contract last year, however, that eliminates that whole entire idea.

I don't approve of what he did, nor do I necessarily want him back, but if camp opens and they don't have a FA acquisition secured or an explosive draftee who looks to "get it", I don't see the harm in a really low risk/high reward option with him.

When a player is this hell bent on playing for one team, BB holds all the leverage.

Plus, you know he knows what to expect, he knows the plays, etc.

The reality is, he wanted stats to show his value for a new deal.  His plan backfired.

His agent either prodded him along or he did that on his own, but it's the same thing Mankins is doing right now.

If Moss doesn't deserve to return, nor does Mankins.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

One more time.  This guy is thirty four now.  If there is no season this year, he will be thirty five when he get's back on the field and headed for thirty six when the season begins.  His skills have visibly diminished and he does not command a double anymore and that is pretty much all you need to know.  His season last year can be reduced to ONE spectacular catch over Revis against the YETS.  Immediately after that he disappeared here in NE and then in Minnesota and finally he seemed to never show up in Tennessee.  Do you think those teams just overlooked him?  Not a chance.  He'll hook on somewhere, where they are desperate and he will not be re-born there either.  The past is the past where he is concerned.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

As proven, though, when left in single coverage, he does what he did to Revis.  He can still completely torch CBs in single coverage. That is sort of the point.

He still drives a fear, that if left alone, he can abuse a good CB.

And that was Week 2, he was gone after Week 4, after he was used as a decoy in Week 4.

At 34, course he's not the explosive 2007 Moss or the 2000 MOss, but it doesn't mean he holds no value.

My top 3 WR choices would be something like trading for Steve Smith (once the CBA is resolved), drafting one of the top echelon #1 projected WRs or falling back to a cheap signing in Moss.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]As proven, though, when left in single coverage, he does what he did to Revis.  He can still completely torch CBs in single coverage. That is sort of the point. He still drives a fear, that if left alone, he can abuse a good CB. And that was Week 2, he was gone after Week 4, after he was used as a decoy in Week 4. At 34, course he's not the explosive 2007 Moss or the 2000 MOss, but it doesn't mean he holds no value. My top 3 WR choices would be something like trading for Steve Smith (once the CBA is resolved), drafting one of the top echelon #1 projected WRs or falling back to a cheap signing in Moss.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

you do realize that Revis re-injured his leg on that play and left the game right after?

When he was with Minny and Tenn other teams singled covered him with average starting corners. All he's got left is the deep post out and even that he can't get up to speed as quick as he use to and CB's are keeping up with him. Proof is in 07' you saw CB's play well off the line on him with S's edging towards his side this past year CB's were playing him tight with the S now roaming. Moss just wasn't getting open anymore in NE (hence why his looks and recptions went down). I'm not sure if that's because he wasn't motivated, he was breaking down, or a combo of both but in any case I wouldn't want to rely on him to be motivated not being the #1 guy or his skills suddenly coming back as most of what made him special was his speed.

I mean you can make the same case for Owens but I wouldn't want him on the team either

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

No, when he was with Minny and Tenn, he learned new offenses mid season and had lousy QBs.

Revis conveniently pulled up lame as he was torched. Not so sure he was hurt during the play. After the TD, yes.

Moss's ability to dominate in single coverage with no help over the top for ol' Revie, allowed Moss to get position.

I mean, come one now.  Tom Brady is a lot better than any QB in Minny or Tenn.

All Moss needs to be is a decoy until teams take their focus onto Welker, Branch, Woodhead, etc.

Think about a Moss, Branch split wide scenario with Welker in the slot.

Regardless of age, you still would have to account for Moss and you can't just double Welker. 

It wasn't just Moss's speed. It was his ability to pull away with his rangy frame and his leaping ability.  There are plenty of WRs with better in line speed than Moss. His lone flaw is not running the shorter routes well.

Regardless, top choice would be Steve Smith. He'd be in heaven playing here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Russ, the very fact that you have to make so many excuses for Moss says all we need to know. 

Your comparison to Mankins doesn't hold water. When Mankins arrived he shut up, played hard, and earned an all pro spot. The team was better with him, unlike Moss. Moss is incapable of shutting up, and he doesn't consistently play hard. He is also awful in the cold weather and the postseason. Mankins is also in the prime of his career. Moss is not. I really don't see the comparison.

[QUOTE]No, when he was with Minny and Tenn, he learned new offenses mid season and had lousy QBs. Revis conveniently pulled up lame as he was torched. Not so sure he was hurt during the play. After the TD, yes. Moss's ability to dominate in single coverage with no help over the top for ol' Revie, allowed Moss to get position. I mean, come one now.  Tom Brady is a lot better than any QB in Minny or Tenn. All Moss needs to be is a decoy until teams take their focus onto Welker, Branch, Woodhead, etc. Think about a Moss, Branch split wide scenario with Welker in the slot. Regardless of age, you still would have to account for Moss and you can't just double Welker.  It wasn't just Moss's speed. It was his ability to pull away with his rangy frame and his leaping ability.  There are plenty of WRs with better in line speed than Moss. His lone flaw is not running the shorter routes well. Regardless, top choice would be Steve Smith. He'd be in heaven playing here.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]