Randy Moss: My heart is in New England

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Re: Randy Moss: My heart is in New England

Your thread should have read  Randy Moss: My heart is in New England, my head is up my hole and my foot is soon to be in my mouth.

Randy can't help himself. He a moron. Once a very talented moron but now at the end of a career and grasping for a lifeline that he will undoubtedly screw up anyway if the Pats are dumb enough to give him a second chance.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss: My heart is in New England:
    Russ, the very fact that you have to make so many excuses for Moss says all we need to know.  Your comparison to Mankins doesn't hold water. When Mankins arrived he shut up, played hard, and earned an all pro spot. The team was better with him, unlike Moss. Moss is incapable of shutting up, and he doesn't consistently play hard. He is also awful in the cold weather and the postseason. Mankins is also in the prime of his career. Moss is not. I really don't see the comparison. In Response to Re: Randy Moss: My heart is in New England :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

You don't see a comparison between each player taking their contract demands public?

I don't get how you cannot see that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

No, when he was with Minny and Tenn, he learned new offenses mid season and had lousy QBs. Revis conveniently pulled up lame as he was torched. Not so sure he was hurt during the play. After the TD, yes. Moss's ability to dominate in single coverage with no help over the top for ol' Revie, allowed Moss to get position. I mean, come one now.  Tom Brady is a lot better than any QB in Minny or Tenn. All Moss needs to be is a decoy until teams take their focus onto Welker, Branch, Woodhead, etc. Think about a Moss, Branch split wide scenario with Welker in the slot. Regardless of age, you still would have to account for Moss and you can't just double Welker.  It wasn't just Moss's speed. It was his ability to pull away with his rangy frame and his leaping ability.  There are plenty of WRs with better in line speed than Moss. His lone flaw is not running the shorter routes well. Regardless, top choice would be Steve Smith. He'd be in heaven playing here.
    Posted by BBReigns

Revis conveniently pulled up and hurt himself after the TD while pretending to be hurt? Everyone knew Revis was still hurt going into the game and immediately after the play he came out of the game and missed the next 2 games but he was faking because Moss beat him? It's funny because after Revis went down Cro was put on Moss 1v1 and he still couldn't do anything that game. Are you next going to tell me that Cro is a better CB then Revis?

Did you happen to forget that teams were single covering Moss at the beginning of the year too and he still wasn't getting looks or was that because he wasn't trying. Either way I don't want a guy who picks and choices when he's going to play or is in the middle of going downhill quickly. Teams just aren't doubling Moss like they use to and the fear around him is falling apart. He certainly wasn't drawing attention for the first quarter of the season he was here and Welkers numbers remained relatively constant when Branch came here so you can't say that he helped Welker this year. Moss just isn't the same player, he will never be the same player, and I'm not confident he can handle being a decoy or a backup role on any team

He couldn't handle being a decoy in Minny where his heart was in Oct and he couldn't be a decoy in Tenn where he wanted to stay in Dec but now that both teams have dumped him he's willing to be a decoy in NE because it's Tom and that's really who he wanted to be with

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Why was Revis left alone in single coverage if he was hurt?

He reaggravated the hammy because Moss torched him. You can't change what happened there.

I am not going to argue over facts from Week 2 or the idea that the trade was a good one for NE.

But, a vet minimum Moss is still a consideration because of the potential upside for what he brings (deep threat who can play immediately).

By Week 4 of last season, Moss had 3 TDs.  2 against Buff and 1 against NY.

Nothing wrong with that production. There were plenty of games in his previous seasons where he might get 50 yards and 0 TDs but the team won.

The reality is, Moss is stuck. A yonger team or a team with a QB not on Brady's par is going to take him on unless they are completely desperate.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I definitely agree that both whined publicly about their contracts but there was a huge difference between Mankins and Moss' demeanor once in shoulder pads. I don't think Moss has the maturity to just play even if he's not the star WR. He knows exactly what to say when it doesn't matter but his immaturity showed during those ridiculous post game pressers. 

In Response to Re: Randy Moss: My heart is in New England : You don't see a comparison between each player taking their contract demands public? I don't get how you cannot see that.
    Posted by BBReigns

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Oh, I agree. 

I was just connecting the two players' whom both put their contract situation into the public eye, unnecessarily.

Both should be more concerned with getting a ring, not babbling about how they think they deserve the biggest contract or an extension.

I would love to see Mankins shipped out of town for great return. 

My take is, Moss is likely more than humbled at this point and bringing him into a camp as a fallback won't hurt.  Sometimes people need to be shown they are one move away from nothing.

Put all of the onus on him. The last time BB did that with Moss, Moss took off.

Obviously, Moss won't do that, but his presence presents a concern for any D.  At least an offense with a good QB, it does.

Derrick Mason is what, 36 now?  He's still effective and has to be accounted for.

If the player is healthy, they can still produce.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

And I see your point too. Moss was done in 2006 then he ripped off 2007. In the end I just don't think the O is as good when they rely so heavily on the deep threat. Brady is better with Deion Branch's, not Moss'. Obviously 2007 was record setting but they also were a soft team that were beaten by a tougher team in the superbowl. 

Oh, I agree.  I was just connecting the two players' whom both put their contract situation into the public eye, unnecessarily. Both should be more concerned with getting a ring, not babbling about how they think they deserve the biggest contract or an extension. I would love to see Mankins shipped out of town for great return.  My take is, Moss is likely more than humbled at this point and bringing him into a camp as a fallback won't hurt.  Sometimes people need to be shown they are one move away from nothing. Put all of the onus on him. The last time BB did that with Moss, Moss took off. Obviously, Moss won't do that, but his presence presents a concern for any D.  At least an offense with a good QB, it does. Derrick Mason is what, 36 now?  He's still effective and has to be accounted for. If the player is healthy, they can still produce.
    Posted by BBReigns

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

If Moss comes back on BB's terms, meaning incentive laden contract with reasonable escalators, maybe he'd take a hard look at bringing him back.  Not sure what Moss can command on the open market.  After the Minny and Tennessee fiascos, probably not much. 

If BB, TB and O'Brien are willing to let bygones be bygones and if they're convinced that Moss is OK with being part of the offense and not the focus, what could it hurt? 

I in no way believe he's coming back, but it isn't impossible. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I agree. I am just saying, it may not be option 1, but it certainly can't be an option removed the equation, either.

If your WR crew next year is:

Branch
    Welker
    Tate
    Price
    Moss

That's pretty good when including in these TEs here. And the idea that they'll probably upgrade the RB position even more.

You have to figure either Edelman or Tate are now on the bubble.

It all depends how their draft shakes down.

I would never say never in any situation. Moss was shown the door and humble. I think that is clear. He's a high maintenance player who needs motivation.

A lot of geniuses are like this, actually.   Not an excuse, but it's true. Musical geniuses are like this.

One year, one window and tell him this is it at the vet's min, and it's a can't lose situation from a management standpoint.

He'd probably have to apologize to the team and the coachers, etc, too.

Everything is on the table, especially for him at the vet min.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Haven't you guys learned anything? Moss is a piece of sh!t. He's been a me only guy since he came into this league. Plus, he's not the Moss he was in 2007, not even close. I would rather go with our young stable plus another FA if we can get the CBA signed, rather than bring back Moss.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Keep in mind Mankins called Kraft a liar (publicly), when in fact, he was the  one caught in the lie.

Moss never did that to BB or Kraft.

So, I guess Mankins is a piece of sh*t.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I agree. I am just saying, it may not be option 1, but it certainly can't be an option removed the equation, either. If your WR crew next year is: Branch Welker Tate Price Moss That's pretty good when including in these TEs here. And the idea that they'll probably upgrade the RB position even more. You have to figure either Edelman or Tate are now on the bubble. It all depends how their draft shakes down. I would never say never in any situation. Moss was shown the door and humble. I think that is clear. He's a high maintenance player who needs motivation. A lot of geniuses are like this, actually.   Not an excuse, but it's true. Musical geniuses are like this. One year, one window and tell him this is it at the vet's min, and it's a can't lose situation from a management standpoint. He'd probably have to apologize to the team and the coachers, etc, too. Everything is on the table, especially for him at the vet min.
    Posted by BBReigns

BBR,
    I call BS on this, no way this guy has been humbled.  13 years of a me first, I'll play when I want to mentality is not wiped away with a couple of "my heart is in NE" type statements, that's just naive, IMO.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I am surprised that this is drawing so much commentary but then things are slow aren't they? 

We should not wish for this. 

After leaving the PATS last season he had 19 catches total.  In his last game for us he had no catches.  He has lost a step, no longer requires a double and throws to him kept on being intercepted.  After he left, Brady stopped throwing ints.  He is the past, not the present or the future.

The Randy Moss era is over. 

He is done.

Nothing left to say.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

I would take Moss back. But as others have said for a incentive based contract.
    He would be another weapon.
    Strech the field for the underneath routes.
    Not sure he could just be "one of the guys".
    He would not be featured like back in the day, if he could deal with that and not cause problems I think it could be done.
    That being said I doubt he comes back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss: My heart is in New England : BBR, I call BS on this, no way this guy has been humbled.  13 years of a me first, I'll play when I want to mentality is not wiped away with a couple of "my heart is in NE" type statements, that's just naive, IMO.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

You don't think him going from a great sitiuation here, to Minnesota with Brad Childress and that mess, to a mess in Tennesssee wasn't humbling for him?

Now, he has no contract.

I'd say he's been more than humbled.  BB called his bluff and he blew it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss: My heart is in New England : You don't think him going from a great sitiuation here, to Minnesota with Brad Childress and that mess, to a mess in Tennesssee wasn't humbling for him? Now, he has no contract. I'd say he's been more than humbled.  BB called his bluff and he blew it.
    Posted by BBReigns

No I don't, I think you're giving him too much credit.

He went from a far worse situation in Oakland to an elite franchise in NE and still ended up talking his way out of town.

What I call it is desperation as he realizes that the demand for his services has severly declined and he's trying to salvage what he can.  Can't fault the guy for trying to save his career, but I don't think it's anything more than that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

So, you don't think his embrace with Kraft or BB is genuine, nor his comments about wanting to play in NE?

He basically was tossed out on his butt to no man's land but still garners a huge amount of respect for who did that to him.

To me, that shows he's admitting fault.

You bring him into camp, on as low a deal as possible and you have nothing to lose.

Treat it like the Torry Holt thing last year. 

He's not getting a deal here, so by him accepting the worst deal possible with no agent in sight, I think that puts the onus on him proving he's that guy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

He's looking at becoming a training camp cut for some team, or maybe he can serve his penance in Buffalo. He's gone from here, it's over, save the Pats love for the HOF speech.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

There are worse NFL players than Moss. Plenty. 

I'm betting the team (and Brady specifically) would welcome him back as long as Moss understood his role. I dont see it happening but, you never know. If we draft a WR then, I'd say it's over for Moss in NE. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

So, you don't think his embrace with Kraft or BB is genuine, nor his comments about wanting to play in NE? He basically was tossed out on his butt to no man's land but still garners a huge amount of respect for who did that to him. To me, that shows he's admitting fault. You bring him into camp, on as low a deal as possible and you have nothing to lose. Treat it like the Torry Holt thing last year.  He's not getting a deal here, so by him accepting the worst deal possible with no agent in sight, I think that puts the onus on him proving he's that guy.
    Posted by BBReigns

Whether it's genuine from Moss' side or not, it's all politics, IMO.  I see it as him looking after him, you do and say the right things with the intent of getting your foot back in the door, unfortunately for him, that bridge has been burned.  Kraft or BB can appreciated him for what he's accomplished in the NFL, but it doesn't mean they want him back in the locker room.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBermuda. Show PatsBermuda's posts

They will give him a look...because this draft is all about LB and OL ... it better be

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss: My heart is in New England : Whether it's genuine from Moss' side or not, it's all politics, IMO.  I see it as him looking after him, you do and say the right things with the intent of getting your foot back in the door, unfortunately for him, that bridge has been burned.  Kraft or BB can appreciated him for what he's accomplished in the NFL, but it doesn't mean they want him back in the locker room.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

That's fine. I think he realized what we predicted: He'll never, ever have it as good as he had it here.

Apparently, it took action to show him that.

So, call him on it, offer the league minimum with stipulations and you can't lose because it's all on him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

I think the Pats are going to concentrate thier draft picks on both offensive and defensive lines (possibly OLB if it's there).  That being said, if Moss takes the veteran minimum, I say take him.  After he has poured out his heart on all these seperate occassions, I doubt he would act up again.  He is not stupid, and most of his actions last year were his attempts to get a new contract.  I think now he knows that it's not going to happen.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss: My heart is in New England : That's fine. I think he realized what we predicted: He'll never, ever have it as good as he had it here. Apparently, it took action to show him that. So, call him on it, offer the league minimum with stipulations and you can't lose because it's all on him.
    Posted by BBReigns

We'll have to agree to disagree as I see no chance of him ever stepping foot in the Patriot's locker room again as a member of the team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOT2REGRET. Show NOT2REGRET's posts

Randy Moss can still play football ... until your throwing him the ball and hes not catching it , im sorry hes still Randy Moss! The Pats were trying to make his role smaller and smaller since he first got here , pretty sneaky i might add. You dont throw him the ball , he complains about not getting the ball and you say hes the same old Moss. And im sorry but im not blaming Minne on him at all , are you kidding me? Chilly goy rid of him b/c hes a bad guy , are you serious right now , bad guy in the NFL , go figure. Until he shows he cant play ill atleast give him a look. Hes better than any WR we have now. Say what you want but no D plays st8 man all day on the outside w/ Moss on your team. I was sick watching us get handled like that. The idea that this O is good enough , as is , to win another title is a joke. Edelman , WW , Branch , Woodhead ... why do we need 4 guys that , cmon lets be honest , do they samething , just from different areas on the field. We need a big target that can stretch the field if were not making big changes ... i.e. pound the ball w/ 1-2 RB's or scratch the 3-4 wide sets etc..

Sections
Shortcuts