Randy Moss: My heart is in New England

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Randy Moss: My heart is in New England

In Response to Re: Randy Moss: My heart is in New England:
    [QUOTE]Randy Moss can still play football ... until your throwing him the ball and hes not catching it , im sorry hes still Randy Moss! The Pats were trying to make his role smaller and smaller since he first got here , pretty sneaky i might add. You dont throw him the ball , he complains about not getting the ball and you say hes the same old Moss.And im sorry but im not blaming Minne on him at all , are you kidding me? Chilly goy rid of him b/c hes a bad guy , are you serious right now , bad guy in the NFL , go figure. Until he shows he cant play ill atleast give him a look. Hes better than any WR we have now. Say what you want but no D plays st8 man all day on the outside w/ Moss on your team. I was sick watching us get handled like that. The idea that this O is good enough , as is , to win another title is a joke. Edelman , WW , Branch , Woodhead ... why do we need 4 guys that , cmon lets be honest , do they samething , just from different areas on the field. We need a big target that can stretch the field if were not making big changes ... i.e. pound the ball w/ 1-2 RB's or scratch the 3-4 wide sets etc..
    Posted by NOT2REGRET[/QUOTE]

"Randy Moss can still play football" is a lot different than "Randy Moss can still play football like the Randy Moss of 2007".  IMO, his value as a player no longer outweighs his attitude, selfish behavior and inconsistent effort and it's the latter reputation that is now more prominent in the eyes of propsective teams.

So you're saying that Randy is the victim here?  His reduced touches have nothing to do with his inconsistent effort and attitude?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss: My heart is in New England : BBR, I call BS on this, no way this guy has been humbled.  13 years of a me first, I'll play when I want to mentality is not wiped away with a couple of "my heart is in NE" type statements, that's just naive, IMO.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

This is very important to remember. If Moss hasn't been "humbled" by now (and he hasn't) he's never going to be. He went to Minnesota saying all the right things, too . . .  and the very first time Chilly did not bow to Randy's ego, the sh*t hit the fan and, before you knew it, they were both gone. With Moss, what you see is what you get, and the Pats have already seen it. mbeaulieu is right. It's not a question of money or incentives or focus or even "maturity". Randy is who he's always been, and he simply doesn't have the game to compensate for his nonsense anymore.

The leopard cannot change its spots.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbundchen. Show mrbundchen's posts

Randy Moss had a Simple Jack moment!!!!

The Patriots m-m-m-make him happy....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss: My heart is in New England : That's fine. I think he realized what we predicted: He'll never, ever have it as good as he had it here. Apparently, it took action to show him that. So, call him on it, offer the league minimum with stipulations and you can't lose because it's all on him.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

I'd pass, even on those terms.  He would not last a full season and you'd be right back with the disruption caused by his departure. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

For all those saying that Moss would have made a difference this year here are some simple facts:

Moss Post-season with the Pats

09' - Balt: 5 rec 48yrds 
    07' - Jax: 1 rec 19yrds
           SDG: 1 rec 18yrds 
           NYG: 5 rec 62 yrds 1 TD

All are well below his average numbers during his time with the Pats and in all games the Pats scored a TD below their year average and with the exception of the Jax game scored 2 TD's below their yearly average. In the post-season he disappears and him being dbl teamed apparently doesn't help the O either.

Against the Jets as a Pat:

10' - 2 rec 38 yrds 1 TD
    09' - 4 rec 24 yrds
           5 rec 34 yards 1 TD
    08' - 2 rec 22 yrds
           3 rec 26 yrds 1 TD
    07' - 9 rec 181 yrds 1 TD
           5 rec 79 yrds

Pats record in that time period against Jets 4-3

In reality with the exception of 07' he did nothing against the Jets and the stats show that and since we went 2-3 against them if you take out 07' we actually faired poorly against them with Moss on the field

In 10' for the Pats:

With Moss they were 3-1 with an average of 32.75 points/game

Without Moss they were 11-1 with an average of 32.25 points/game against better D's

Conclusion, Moss made no difference in points this year and given his track record would have made no difference in a Jets game either nor would he have made a difference in any post-season game. All of these are facts so speculate all you want but I'll take the track record that says Moss wouldn't have helped any day

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

It's funny how half the posters in here were praising Moss's glory in 2007, he still had a very good year in 08 with MC at the helm, and 2009 he was a top 5 WR. Now you want to condemn him?

The guy was great in a Pats uniform. Some of make it sound like he was Adalius Thomas.

And what ever impact his attitude had on his performance is subjective. The fact is, if you look at his stats and compare them to any other receiver in the league during the time he was with the Pats, they will stand up against almost anyone.

I don't think we should spend 10 million on the guy, but I'd give him a 1 yr, incentive laden contract, and see what he will do. What's the downside? He has an attitude, you cut him and virtually pay nothing for him. Until his last year here, he keep his mouth shut and was praised by coaches, players, and the media. At least he isn't involved in shootings the moment he returns to his neighborhood. And we are debating him running his mouth when our starting safety is involved in shoot outs. The irony.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]It's funny how half the posters in here were praising Moss's glory in 2007, he still had a very good year in 08 with MC at the helm, and 2009 he was a top 5 WR. Now you want to condemn him? The guy was great in a Pats uniform. Some of make it sound like he was Adalius Thomas.
    Posted by 4Adam13[/QUOTE]

I respect what he did when he played but after the charity event and then watching him act like a baby at the beginning of the season and then listening to his Minny press conference where his heart was always in Minny then in Tenn where he wanted to stay with the Titans and now hear the same exact words because he wants to return has me wised up. He's not a Patriot type of player and I don't want his kind of play on the field. (BTW the Thomas example is ironic since both Moss and Thomas where punished for being late to a practice and both Thomas and Moss were kicked off the team after they started acting up about playing time and not being used more often)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss: My heart is in New England : I'd pass, even on those terms.  He would not last a full season and you'd be right back with the disruption caused by his departure. 
    Posted by nyjoseph[/QUOTE]

I don;t think there was a disruption with his departure at all, most notably because Branch's experience softened the blow and the TEs ascended.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]It's funny how half the posters in here were praising Moss's glory in 2007, he still had a very good year in 08 with MC at the helm, and 2009 he was a top 5 WR. Now you want to condemn him? The guy was great in a Pats uniform. Some of make it sound like he was Adalius Thomas.
    Posted by 4Adam13[/QUOTE]

It's a what have you done for me lately league and this isn't 2007-2009.  What he provided from a statistical standpoint during that time frame is in the past and doesn't hold much relevancy to his value today.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

For all those saying that Moss would have made a difference this year here are some simple facts:

Moss Post-season with the Pats

09' - Balt: 5 rec 48yrds 
    07' - Jax: 1 rec 19yrds
           SDG: 1 rec 18yrds 
           NYG: 5 rec 62 yrds 1 TD

All are well below his average numbers during his time with the Pats and in all games the Pats scored a TD below their year average and with the exception of the Jax game scored 2 TD's below their yearly average. In the post-season he disappears and him being dbl teamed apparently doesn't help the O either.

Against the Jets as a Pat:

10' - 2 rec 38 yrds 1 TD
    09' - 4 rec 24 yrds
           5 rec 34 yards 1 TD
    08' - 2 rec 22 yrds
           3 rec 26 yrds 1 TD
    07' - 9 rec 181 yrds 1 TD
           5 rec 79 yrds

Pats record in that time period against Jets 4-3

In reality with the exception of 07' he did nothing against the Jets and the stats show that and since we went 2-3 against them if you take out 07' we actually faired poorly against them with Moss on the field

In 10' for the Pats:

With Moss they were 3-1 with an average of 32.75 points/game

Without Moss they were 11-1 with an average of 32.25 points/game against better D's

Conclusion, Moss made no difference in points this year and given his post-season track record would have made no difference in a Jets game either nor would he have made a difference in the post-season. All of these are facts so speculate all you want but I'll take the track record that says Moss wouldn't have helped any day

Where in the world is Carmen Santiago!!!?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

By my statistical calculations... Randy Moss coming back to NE is in the stratosphere of possibilities the same as Brett Farve coming back...   Its a law.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

There is so many issues with brining back in Moss that it it sorta out weighs the pros.

Pros
    -Well Moss will likely be motivated after playing for Fisher and Chilly.
    -Sees how life on the outside really is and it sucks
    -Will add deep threat we lacked since the trade
    -Knows the playbook and could rest for most of traning camp if there is one.

Cons
    -Getting older at WR instead of younger
    -He still has lost a step he hasn't just magically gotten younger
    -Known for being a tanker
    -Would likely slow down Price and Tates growth

Price after a great start last year hit a huge wall as he couldn't get down the pre snap calls. I expect him to start next year and if we dont add another WR from FA its between Tate and Deion. 

Next season will be a huge one for Tate and Price as there is a huge job opening for both of them. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

You have to admit that BB and Brady had to go out of their way to keep Randy happy over his time here. 

And honestly, BB says a lot of things. He said Vinny T 'put the fear of God in him' and talked about that QB like he was John Elway. Maybe BB likes Moss down deep but I think last year showed he was not good for the NE Patriots. They are a better, more disciplined, and tougher team without Moss. Again, Moss is a negative leader. He has a big personality but bad things happen when adversity hits Moss and he can't handle it. He's probably a great guy that just can't handle his crap. 

[QUOTE]RockDog all I can say is that you are speculating and I dont like speculation. You have no proof what so ever that Bill Belichick just said nice things about Randy to keep him happy that is just what you think BB was doing but you dont know that. For all you know he was being 100% honest about what he thinks of Randy Moss. Your entitled to your opinion so if you dont Like Moss that is fine but dont just speculate and treat it likes its a fact cause thats bogus. And to the people who said he burnt his bridges on his way out of town can you please back that up? Cause last time I checked it was a civil split and both sides had nothing but great things to say about one another and when he came back to NE a few weeks later with the Vikings he gushed over how much he missed being with the Pats. So how exactly is that considered burning bridges? Richard Seymour saying he would play for 31 NFL teams but never would he play for the Pats again is burning a bridge not what Moss did. So your just saying that cause you dont like the guy.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

And for what's it's worth I was 80% joking. But if BB loves Moss so much why do they trade him after week 4? Keep in mind this is pre Deion Branch. 

[QUOTE]RockDog all I can say is that you are speculating and I dont like speculation. You have no proof what so ever that Bill Belichick just said nice things about Randy to keep him happy that is just what you think BB was doing but you dont know that. For all you know he was being 100% honest about what he thinks of Randy Moss. Your entitled to your opinion so if you dont Like Moss that is fine but dont just speculate and treat it likes its a fact cause thats bogus. And to the people who said he burnt his bridges on his way out of town can you please back that up? Cause last time I checked it was a civil split and both sides had nothing but great things to say about one another and when he came back to NE a few weeks later with the Vikings he gushed over how much he missed being with the Pats. So how exactly is that considered burning bridges? Richard Seymour saying he would play for 31 NFL teams but never would he play for the Pats again is burning a bridge not what Moss did. So your just saying that cause you dont like the guy.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

He sure doesn't like Minnesota barbecue.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

How again is getting a coach undermining, team fracturing, far slower 35 year old wideout who's only threat (at all...whatsoever) is the deep ball, who voices his perceived disdain or displeasure, loudly & publicly, and who'll take both the roster spot & needed time-learned chemistry from a younger receiver, for the 1-2 Seasons of underproducing, single-skill-set, inhibiting-future-development(s), walking-on-glass.....How again, was this a good thing?  Oh, right.  We might be able to sign him to a more team-friendly contract.  CONCLUSION: Definately worth it. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Brandon Tate or Randy Moss?

I'll take Moss

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]He sure doesn't like Minnesota barbecue.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

You can't really blame him for that -- unless there's a Tinucci's joke here that's gone completely by me -- the nearest barbecue worth talking about is in Missouri.

Tongue out

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Brandon Tate or Randy Moss? I'll take Moss
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Belichick doesn't agree.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to Randy Moss: My heart is in New England:
    [QUOTE]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/16/randy-moss-my-heart-is-in-new-england/ It's a low risk, high reward move. You'll likely get a motivated guy back. He won't be as explosive as when you had him in 2007 but he'll still demand a double team, which opens up the offense. I think it's easier to now sell him on being a decoy. I think he'd rather be a decoy in New England, win, and retire on good graces, than be elsewhere and not put up mega numbers ANYWAY because of age and double teams. With the lockout likely going into the summer, it doesn't hurt to have a savvy veteran receiver, a HOF I might add, on your roster. I don't mind giving Tate, Price, and Edelman a shot but a huge part of their development process was going to be offseason workouts, camp, etc but without those official events, it'd be nice to have a guy that you can plug right in and get some contributions.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

give him the vet minimum, plus some lofty incentives if lofty goals are met (#catches, #tds,  #receptions) and penalties (# time he asks for the ball, # times he says something negative to team, media, players....lol).Laughing

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

You can't really blame him for that -- unless there's a Tinucci's joke here that's gone completely by me -- the nearest barbecue worth talking about is in Missouri.

No argument from me. I love southern cooking.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randy Moss: My heart is in New England : Yeah because there's so much to evaluate Brandon Tate on at this point considering last season was pretty much his ROOKIE season. Give me a break, the Moss experiment is over! It failed, move on! All Moss will do for the Pats at this point is take snaps away from younger and more versatile receivers *cough cough a receiver that will actually go over the middle*. No respectable defense even double covers him anymore! 
    Posted by Prophet76[/QUOTE]

What is your definition of success and failure? Statistics? Super Bowls?

Can hardly blame the 07 SB loss on Moss who had the Pats go ahead TD. I don't remember him on the field for NY's game winning drive. I don't remember seeing him in the C, G, and T positions blocking the constant pass rush.

If you want to go by statistics, Moss had some of the best seasons out of any receiver in the league during his tenure with the Pats. If you don't believe that, look it up.

If you don't like the guy, fine. I'm good with that. If you don't want him in a Pats uniform again, fine. I'm good with that too. But to say he was a failure with the Pats is just outright wrong and only goes to show a subjective poster who really adds zero value to the forum.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Its good when a player gives this kind of PR for the Patriots. It will make alot of other players think that NE should be a place they want to try.

The Patriots offense looked pretty good after he left, but I wonder if they still had his deep threat, plus Welker, the TEs and Branch would they have been even more dangerous and probably gone farther in the playoffs.

problem is he burned a bridge that i don't think is rebuildable. If BB were to even give him another shot it would probably be the most forgiving gesture BB's ever made, and then we would truly see the real human side of BB.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

I don't know if 2  wide-outs : Moss and Branch. Welker in the slot and Gron as the tightend will be as one dimensional as some think. Ir might actually work if everyone keeps his ego in check, acts as a team member and keep the eyes on the ball and winning

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gazzzmann. Show gazzzmann's posts

[QUOTE]To some degree, you have to think Tate's progression was hindered in camp and early in the season by Moss himself, for the fact Moss is Moss and the HOF player. I guess we'll know about this with how they go in the draft, but Moss could be a fallback, especially if he isn't aggressively looking to sign with anyone.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts