Randy Moss returns to Foxboro. Play hard or quit?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

Re: Randy Moss returns to Foxboro. Play hard or quit?

I think Randy will give his best effort, not sure whether he can make any impact though.

Reiss has posted Moss' interview with Bay Area reporters. He generally says good things about the Pats but I'm not sure Randy understands what the phrase " so-called" means.

He seems to use it correctly when he says "the so-called best team in football in the Houston Texans"

But then when he seems to be trying to compliment BB he refers to him as "a so-called genius"

Not sure what Randy's trying to say and more to the point I'm not sure if Randy knows what he's trying to say.

Great all-time talent. Always seemed better off the less he spoke.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

It'd be great to see him go T Rex Arms on a play across the middle with Talib closing in on him. Also, his veiled attempt at trying to at least stand in the way, pretending to block, should a Niner break through the line and run up his side of the field.

Let's hoppe they have plenty of Charmin around the goal post supports, just in case.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

I personally don't see Moss as being much of a factor in this game... he's only averaging 1.6 receptions per game this season.

RE: His effort... I think he's a front runner type so if things are going well for the 49ers, you may see him give a solid effort, though if BB/MP jam Talib in his face, I'd expect him to tap out.

That's it right there.  Immense talent in the past but if you smack him real hard once early it's no mas time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Patsfansince1966's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:

21 catches ... not setting world on fire.  2 tds.  wouldnt be surprised to see him get  more snaps this week.   he'll be amped up for sure.

Now someone is in a player's head.

[/QUOTE

Not sure what you mean, but my post wasn't very clear...  moss' stats for the year are  21 rec, 2 tds.

I honestly have no idea what the drop off is with a player like him at 35 years old... Or whether talent can compensate for some of that.

If you look at stats like catches/targets, his percentage declined his last year as a pat.  This year 21/37 is pretty average.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to stegall85's comment:

I think Randy will give his best effort, not sure whether he can make any impact though.

Reiss has posted Moss' interview with Bay Area reporters. He generally says good things about the Pats but I'm not sure Randy understands what the phrase " so-called" means.

He seems to use it correctly when he says "the so-called best team in football in the Houston Texans"

But then when he seems to be trying to compliment BB he refers to him as "a so-called genius"

Not sure what Randy's trying to say and more to the point I'm not sure if Randy knows what he's trying to say.

Great all-time talent. Always seemed better off the less he spoke.

I think his total command of the language has never been his strongest quality.... If you take him at face value in this interview, what comes out is the appreciation for his time with BB as part of this team.  It would have been great if they asked him about O'Brien...  why do reporters not think of this stuff...?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

First play from scrimmage is him going deep to see if they can startle the Pats D.........and the play not working because their QB's a rookie. I too liked Randy and I hope the fans remember what he did here and the fact that he wanted to come back. It should mean something right....I hope it's not like what Youkalis will get next year.

Ahhhhhh people what's different here from last week? Last week the plan was take Foster out of the game and make Schaub win it. We stopped the running game and one of the best passing games in football couldn't get it going.

Now this week if they take Gore out of the game there's an unproven rookie to have to shoulder the burden.......primetime.........on the road at Foxboro? Pats 31, SF 17 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Moss will give maximum effort. He's only been with the team this season and with injuries to others his playing time has gone up. He's happy so he'll perform. As soon as something bothers him he'll start mailing it in. Probably not this year though.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

A non factor.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Moss will play hard, the question is how much they will go to him. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

He's not even the number one threat

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

Yeah, they go to Crabtree and Davis with a heavy dose of Gore. Moss isn't the Moss of 2007 anymore. He could be a decent red zone threat I guess but nothing to game plan for.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

In response to Sam-Adams' comment:

First play from scrimmage is him going deep to see if they can startle the Pats D.........and the play not working because their QB's a rookie. I too liked Randy and I hope the fans remember what he did here and the fact that he wanted to come back. It should mean something right....I hope it's not like what Youkalis will get next year.

Ahhhhhh people what's different here from last week? Last week the plan was take Foster out of the game and make Schaub win it. We stopped the running game and one of the best passing games in football couldn't get it going.

Now this week if they take Gore out of the game there's an unproven rookie to have to shoulder the burden.......primetime.........on the road at Foxboro? Pats 31, SF 17 

What stupid, lazy analysis.  Can't say I'm all that surprised.  What's different?

Well to start, the 49er D hasn't been lit up multiple times like the Texans had prior to Monday night (Lions, Jags, etc).  So you put up 4 more points on their D than the Jaguars did.  Congratulations.

To continue, the Texans don't have the 2nd best run game in the NFL.  They have one back, whom they run from a basic, pro set formation.  Much different than being hit with multiple formations with multiple players carrying the ball.

To finish, what LB on Houston is remotely comparable to Willis, Bowman, or Aldon?  Does Hou have anyone that could match up with NE's TEs?

Sorry if I got too "analytical" and actually point out the differences. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

Yeah, they go to Crabtree and Davis with a heavy dose of Gore. Moss isn't the Moss of 2007 anymore. He could be a decent red zone threat I guess but nothing to game plan for.

At best he will be a decoy for Davis. They will probably try to go deep a few times, won't work though BB will have the coverage tight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to Casportsfan's comment:

In response to Sam-Adams' comment:

What stupid, lazy analysis.  Can't say I'm all that surprised.  What's different?

Well to start, the 49er D hasn't been lit up multiple times like the Texans had prior to Monday night (Lions, Jags, etc).  So you put up 4 more points on their D than the Jaguars did.  Congratulations.

To continue, the Texans don't have the 2nd best run game in the NFL.  They have one back, whom they run from a basic, pro set formation.  Much different than being hit with multiple formations with multiple players carrying the ball.

To finish, what LB on Houston is remotely comparable to Willis, Bowman, or Aldon?  Does Hou have anyone that could match up with NE's TEs?

Sorry if I got too "analytical" and actually point out the differences. 

Who The F appointed you as the scorer of other people's posts? Egotistical twit

Sections
Shortcuts