Randy Moss still wants to play for NE!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

Randy Moss still wants to play for NE!

Mike Wallace is too pricey and not sure he can fits into the Pats offense system. (Ask Ocho.)  Randy is a steal at 2-3mil/year since he is not require the guarantee money and he knows the system (he wants a superbowl ring more than the money).  Randy can take care a deep treat for the Pats.  All draft picks and money should spend and upgrade the D-lines and the Pats will get back to the Super Bowl 47.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Re: Randy Moss still wants to play for NE!

More Moss threads!  Please!  We need more!  PLEASE! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

You know, if he still has it and I think if they make sure he understands:
    1. No on or off field distractions
    2. He might not be on the field for stretches at time
    3. His numbers likely will not be huge

Then I would be all for it.... Buy into to BB totally. By into team TOTALLY. Assuming he stills has the speed and talent.

Yes, I would bring him in. But I would not do it before the draft. I do not want other teams assuming who will will or will not pick.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

NO!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

You said no but your eyes said YES

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Love Randy as much as the next guy and wouldn't mind if they gave him another chance but there is a reason the Pats are not looking at him.
    Just leave it at that.
    Time to move on.  The team has.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS75. Show RS75's posts

Randy, go play for the Saints who'll be without the HC for several games, and who'll lose a few draft picks!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Didnt we do this already in 07'?

We were in the dam SB w/Moss, and a much better defense and we failed.

Lets move on. What makes you think HE is the difference between winning it and losing it?  We would be lucky for him to even still be healthy by January and if you havent noticed, Moss is a regular season wonder who has underachieved in the playoffs his whole career.

I cant imagine he wants to run more routes now. Safety over the top and he is useless.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss still wants to play for NE!:
    You said no but your eyes said YES
    Posted by portfolio1

That's what Big Ben said....

Yes that what I want this team to base it's decision around, the morality of Big Ben

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Again w/ the Randy Moss foolishness?!!?!!??? This guy had his chance to put it all on the field and he blew it!!!! He's done around here!

Time for retirement for Mr Moss!!! Please no more Moss threads!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

Moss is a regular season wonder who has underachieved in the playoffs his whole career.

Actually, that's not true. Look at his stats, he's been better than average in the postseason. He wasn't very effective in SB42 because the O-line couldn't block for Brady. The Giants front four were in his face all game long. And they didn't have Gronk and Hernandez in the flat to make them pay for doubling Moss. I'm not advocating they sign him, but if he still "has it" and the price is right I'd be OK with it. But the major thing standing between NE and another Lombardi is the defense. Moss would just fill in the main "need" on offense...someone to draw coverage away from Welker and the TEs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Moss is a regular season wonder who has underachieved in the playoffs his whole career. Actually, that's not true. Look at his stats, he's been better than average in the postseason. He wasn't very effective in SB42 because the O-line couldn't block for Brady. The Giants front four were in his face all game long. And they didn't have Gronk and Hernandez in the flat to make them pay for doubling Moss. I'm not advocating they sign him, but if he still "has it" and the price is right I'd be OK with it. But the major thing standing between NE and another Lombardi is the defense. Moss would just fill in the main "need" on offense...someone to draw coverage away from Welker and the TEs.
    Posted by Bubthegrub12

Bub here's the stats per game for Moss's playoff career with the Pats

07' (over 3 games) - 2.33 rec/game, 13.4yrds/rec, 31.3yrds/game, .33TD's/game
    09' (over 1 game) - 5rec, 9.6yrds/rec, 48yrds/game, 0 TD's

His 4 game average in NE in the playoffs -

3rec/game, 11.8yrds/rec, 35.45yrds/game, .25 TD's/game

Those are bad numbers for a #1 WR in the playoffs. They are what you should expect from your #4/5 receiver not what you should expect from your #1/2 target.

When you look at his second halves there is is clear drop off in production from 07' to 08' to 09' to 10'. It's a clear trend. My guess is this year he'll put up great numbers in his first 4-6 games they it will become mediocre #2 WR numbers then will again drop off in the second half. Being indoors in NO might give him slightly more longevity but he's to old and can't maintain being affective in the second half of the season.

The worst part is for the first 1/3-1/2 of the season we'll have to listen to these types of threads constantly as Moss puts up good numbers but then people will excuse him away as his numbers will drop off quickly in the back end of the season

If you want a comparison to Welker I'll use the 07' and 10' numbers (since Welker didn't play in 09')

8.5recs/game, 7.9yrds/rec, 67.5yrds/game, .5 TD's/game

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

At least checking Moss out is a no brainer. But since our GM is anal, it may not happen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

It is this mix of anal and brains that gets too many people into trouble. I think we should keep them separate. Like separation of church and state, or cats and dogs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

At least checking Moss out is a no brainer. But since our GM is anal, it may not happen.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Why? If you have no plans to sign him why dig up a burnt bridge and create whispers in a locker room you just spent 2 yrs to rebuild? All bringing Moss in would do is serve to have the news, fans, and friends of Moss still on the team to talk about it with the other players and cause it to stir.

Just let it die, allow some other team to sign him, and go out and find the player you want as a Z receiver in your locker room

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Posted by BabeParilli

BB is a great GM and coach, he knows more about what Moss can do at this point than both you or I. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss still wants to play for NE! : BB is a great GM and coach, he knows more about what Moss can do at this point than both you or I. 
    Posted by sporter81

Great coach, yep. Great GM, hardly.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss still wants to play for NE! : Why? If you have no plans to sign him why dig up a burnt bridge and create whispers in a locker room you just spent 2 yrs to rebuild? All bringing Moss in would do is serve to have the news, fans, and friends of Moss still on the team to talk about it with the other players and cause it to stir. Just let it die, allow some other team to sign him, and go out and find the player you want as a Z receiver in your locker room
    Posted by PatsEng

Why? Because Moss is the most talented WR to ever play the game. Because he had 50 TDs for us in 51 starts. Because he wants to play for us. Because he has stated he would play for little money with little guaranteed.

Only a f'n idiot wouldn't check that out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Bub, I dont have to look em up.

I didnt say he doenst "have it"
    I say he isnt a very good postseason performer.
    I cant even find the guys playoff stats.

Outside of the "mooning" incident where he had a few catches and 2 TD's vs G.B., I cant recall him doing anything.

In Minny after tearing up the regular season he never did anything in the playoffs. I rememeber the Giants beating them 41-0 and Moss was shut out by Jason Sehorn...

Besides the one go ahead TD in  SB 42 ( a 3 yard slant) I cant recall him doing anything in the S.D. game or in 09 when we got blown out.

If you compare his greatness in reg. season to his career postseason averages you would think you are comparing 2 different players.

Now not to say its all on him , but when the postseason comes, teams will shut down your main weapon and he is easy to stop with a safety over the top. This is why its good to have a dominant back to draw in safeties, then pass. This Pas first Shyt will never work in the playoffs. Teams are too smart and we dont make it hard by exclusively going to 2 targets. How hard is that to defend. You think we won SB's because Branch, Givens, Brown had superior talent?? No, but we had a collective group of guys that could kill you on any given play and we spread the wealth. Fullbacks, TE's, RB's, Wr's, linebackers ...they were all threats to get the ball.

I think the main point a  ot of folks are missing is that Moss isnt coming here to be a decoy so that Wes can get his shyt off or Gronk. That is why he left to begin with. He had no problem here in 4 years because he was always on the field and was always targeted. Then we have a huge win vs Miami on the road where he has zero targets and shyt hit the fan. Its not a coincidence....  Its Over...Im just saying...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Bub, I dont have to look em up. I didnt say he doenst "have it" I say he isnt a very good postseason performer. I cant even find the guys playoff stats. Outside of the "mooning" incident where he had a few catches and 2 TD's vs G.B., I cant recall him doing anything. In Minny after tearing up the regular season he never did anything in the playoffs. I rememeber the Giants beating them 41-0 and Moss was shut out by Jason Sehorn... Besides the one go ahead TD in  SB 42 ( a 3 yard slant) I cant recall him doing anything in the S.D. game or in 09 when we got blown out. If you compare his greatness in reg. season to his career postseason averages you would think you are comparing 2 different players. Now not to say its all on him , but when the postseason comes, teams will shut down your main weapon and he is easy to stop with a safety over the top. This is why its good to have a dominant back to draw in safeties, then pass. This Pas first Shyt will never work in the playoffs. Teams are too smart and we dont make it hard by exclusively going to 2 targets. How hard is that to defend. You think we won SB's because Branch, Givens, Brown had superior talent?? No, but we had a collective group of guys that could kill you on any given play and we spread the wealth. Fullbacks, TE's, RB's, Wr's, linebackers ...they were all threats to get the ball. I think the main point a  ot of folks are missing is that Moss isnt coming here to be a decoy so that Wes can get his shyt off or Gronk. That is why he left to begin with. He had no problem here in 4 years because he was always on the field and was always targeted. Then we have a huge win vs Miami on the road where he has zero targets and shyt hit the fan. Its not a coincidence....  Its Over...Im just saying...
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Moss has 10 TDs in 12 playoff games. Rice has 22 in 29. TO 5 in 11. Harrison 2 in 16. Carter 8 in 14. Brown 3 in 12.

Randy has the best ratio of TDs to playoff games of them all. He caught one TD in his one SB to take the lead with time running out. Your analysis is flawed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss still wants to play for NE! : Why? Because Moss is the most talented WR to ever play the game. Because he had 50 TDs for us in 51 starts. Because he wants to play for us. Because he has stated he would play for little money with little guaranteed. Only a f'n idiot wouldn't check that out.
    Posted by BabeParilli

I would say Rice is the most talented WR to ever play the game and Moss isn't even close.

Moss is in the top 3 to ever play the game at WR but he's 35, I wouldn't even put him in the current top 32 anymore. Once being the best no longer makes you the best. Notice how much the locker room improved once he left? Notice how they didn't skip a beat replacing him with Branch? Notice this past season without Moss they performed to the same level they ever got with Moss?

If they are at the same spot without Moss (when he was 30 at the time) and they have a weaker D then they did back when he got a majority of those 50 TD's then why would you take on a 5 yr older Moss that has been breaking down in the second half of the season since 09'and created a issue with the coaching staff (BB included) and in the locker room when he wasn't getting the ball because it wasn't helping him get more money?

Why would you even want that headache back in the locker room?

Look at his stats. from 08' on his second halves of seasons have been worse then his first halves. That decline has only gotten worse which each progressive year. That's a sign of his age and inability to remain effective over a full season. You would sign him to play the first half of the season and fade out towards the end while calling for the ball? That's stupid. This isn't 07' anymore he isn't the same WR and he can't last a full season. We don't have issues with the reg season we need a WR who can turn it on in the post-season. Moss was never that guy for us. Historically for the Pats his worst games have always came in Dec and Jan. How does that help the issue at hand at all?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss still wants to play for NE! : Moss has 10 TDs in 12 playoff games. Rice has 22 in 29. TO 5 in 11. Harrison 2 in 16. Carter 8 in 14. Brown 3 in 12. Randy has the best ratio of TDs to playoff games of them all. He caught one TD in his one SB to take the lead with time running out. Your analysis is flawed.
    Posted by BabeParilli

And of those 10 TD's how many has he had in 5 years? TD's in 98' and 99' are meaningless. That was over 13 years ago. Heck even 07' 5 years ago is almost meaningless. Going from 30-35 for a WR is a huge jump

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss still wants to play for NE! : I would say Rice is the most talented WR to ever play the game and Moss isn't even close. Moss is in the top 3 to ever play the game at WR but he's 35, I wouldn't even put him in the current top 32 anymore. Once being the best no longer makes you the best. Notice how much the locker room improved once he left? Notice how they didn't skip a beat replacing him with Branch? Notice this past season without Moss they performed to the same level they ever got with Moss? If they are at the same spot without Moss (when he was 30 at the time) and they have a weaker D then they did back when he got a majority of those 50 TD's then why would you take on a 5 yr older Moss that has been breaking down in the second half of the season since 09'and created a issue with the coaching staff (BB included) and in the locker room when he wasn't getting the ball because it wasn't helping him get more money? Why would you even want that headache back in the locker room? Look at his stats. from 08' on his second halves of seasons have been worse then his first halves. That decline has only gotten worse which each progressive year. That's a sign of his age and inability to remain effective over a full season. You would sign him to play the first half of the season and fade out towards the end while calling for the ball? That's stupid. This isn't 07' anymore he isn't the same WR and he can't last a full season. We don't have issues with the reg season we need a WR who can turn it on in the post-season. Moss was never that guy for us. Historically for the Pats his worst games have always came in Dec and Jan. How does that help the issue at hand at all?
    Posted by PatsEng

Well, you're wrong. Nothing new. Moss is clearly more talented than Rice. Rice was a workaholic. Randy did what he pleased. Rice couldn't make the catches Randy could, because he didn't have the talent.

Moss had a better ratio of TD catches to games in the playoffs than Rice. This nonsense about Randy and the playoffs is silly.

The problem is people have these little notions that have no basis in fact and they fool themselves into thinking the notion is fact.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Babe, Why doesnt Randy Moss have a Ring??

Sure he can catch 3 yard Td's. But how much production does he have? How many catches did he average in all his playoff games and yards.

Those numbers you put up really dont mean anything other than some teams have different philosophies in the redzone. Sure he caught the go ahead TD, but we could have just as easily ran the ball from the 3 and scored and if not, maybe use more clock so the TD isnt meaningless because we left more clock for Eli to win the game.

Some teams run it in, some throw fade patterns, YOUR analysis is flawed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The Patriots need a good impact type player or two on D and they need a good impact type WR who can go deep. 

It is going to cost some big cash to get both a impact defensive player or two and a impact WR.  I'm thinking pay the big money to help the D and see if you can get Moss on the cheap to fill the role of that deep threat receiver.

Sections
Shortcuts