randy moss = superbowl

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

randy moss = superbowl

we need to bring back randy moss for one more year,yes many of you will bulk at this idea,we dont need a record breaking year with him, just someone who can keep a defense honest on one side the feild,plug in another good receiver on the other side add our tight ends, one of them can also play running back,meaning hernandez,randy moss is the deep threat receiver,who has speed,he knows brady very well,im not talking about the future of the team with a snot nose kid playing,im talking about winning the whole thing now,we can use the draft to get defense help and could still get another good receiver

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: randy moss = superbowl

2007 was a fun year. It was also nearly 6 years ago. Time to let it go.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

2007 was a fun year. It was also nearly 6 years ago. Time to let it go.

exactly,we dont need another record breaking year,just one year to win it all

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Sorry but statistically speaking, Moss is the death knell to any teams Superbowl aspirations. That includes the Pats! If they had never picked up Moss and changed their offense to take advantage of him, they would probably have won another Superbowl or two. But that change to a more predictable offense doomed them.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

super bowl baby! super bowl

Make it stop.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Sorry but statistically speaking, Moss it the death knell to any teams Superbowl aspirations. That includes the Pats! If they had never picked up Moss and changed their offense to take advantage of him, they would probably have won another Superbowl or two. But that change to a more predictable offense doomed them.

WOW! You mean more predictable then without him when all they could do was throw short to medium passes all afternoon?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It would be interesting to listen to the discussion if all the Pats brass was sitting at the big conference table talking about bringing back Moss or take a chance on Jenkins. Of course I'm not saying that happened but I wonder if Moss' name ever came up.

One thing I didn't like seeing with Moss last year was the one play in the SB where Kaepernick threw the int.  It was towards Moss, a bit behind him but he didn't even attempt a play on the ball.  Had he tried for it, even if to knock it down then there wouldn't have been a int.  Now it's possible that it caught him by surprise or he thought the ball was intended for a different receiver, but I don't think that was the case.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

It would be interesting to listen to the discussion if all the Pats brass was sitting at the big conference table talking about bringing back Moss or take a chance on Jenkins. Of course I'm not saying that happened but I wonder if Moss' name ever came up.

One thing I didn't like seeing with Moss last year was the one play in the SB where Kaepernick threw the int.  It was towards Moss, a bit behind him but he didn't even attempt a play on the ball.  Had he tried for it, even if to knock it down then there wouldn't have been a int.  Now it's possible that it caught him by surprise or he thought the ball was intended for a different receiver, but I don't think that was the case.

At the end of his Pats run and even the 07' SB I notice Moss doing this from time to time. PLays he could have made and just gave up on or didn't give full effort. One reason I don't want Moss back. Even in big games he doesn't always give 100% effort. As of right now he'd be used in a limited way. If he's only getting 5-10 looks a game at most, if he doesn't attemtp to make plays on 2-3 of those that could mean the difference between an easy TD or a frustrating loss 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

At the end of his Pats run and even the 07' SB I notice Moss doing this from time to time. PLays he could have made and just gave up on or didn't give full effort. One reason I don't want Moss back. Even in big games he doesn't always give 100% effort. As of right now he'd be used in a limited way. If he's only getting 5-10 looks a game at most, if he doesn't attemtp to make plays on 2-3 of those that could mean the difference between an easy TD or a frustrating loss 

Yes.  As much as it pains me to say it, I wouldn't even make a small attempt to push for Moss here.  He would have been the difference maker a few years ago but not now. I think they would have won it all in 2010 and possibly even 2011 had he been on the team.  One thing is for sure... that 2007 regular season was amazing!! One SB victory away from the greatest season ever in NFL history.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Sorry but statistically speaking, Moss it the death knell to any teams Superbowl aspirations. That includes the Pats! If they had never picked up Moss and changed their offense to take advantage of him, they would probably have won another Superbowl or two. But that change to a more predictable offense doomed them.

WOW! You mean more predictable then without him when all they could do was throw short to medium passes all afternoon?

Yes, can't get much more predictable than Welker, Welker, Moss, punt. Welker, Moss, Welker, punt. Welker, Welker, interception throwing towards Moss.

Previous to those two guys becoming Pats there was no one good enough (according to most) that could be keyed on or given any extra attention.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yes, can't get much more predictable than Welker, Welker, Moss, punt. Welker, Moss, Welker, punt. Welker, Welker, interception throwing towards Moss.

Previous to those two guys becoming Pats there was no one good enough (according to most) that could be keyed on or given any extra attention.

That was before Gronk and AH81 was here.  Could you imaging what a full season of Gronk, AH81, Moss and Welker would have been like??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Maybe bring back Stanley Morgan too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

And Gino too!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

That was before Gronk and AH81 was here.  Could you imaging what a full season of Gronk, AH81, Moss and Welker would have been like??

It would be the same as before Gronk and Hern got here. The beauty of the previous receiver group was any one of the receivers on the field might not get a pass thrown their way for an entire game. Can you imagine Randy not getting targeted during the whole game? Think Press conference after the Bengals game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Yup Randy gives up when things don't go his way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Assuming they all stayed healthy?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to Vladtheimpaler1's comment:

we need to bring back randy moss for one more year,yes many of you will bulk at this idea,we dont need a record breaking year with him, just someone who can keep a defense honest on one side the feild,plug in another good receiver on the other side add our tight ends, one of them can also play running back,meaning hernandez,randy moss is the deep threat receiver,who has speed,he knows brady very well,im not talking about the future of the team with a snot nose kid playing,im talking about winning the whole thing now,we can use the draft to get defense help and could still get another good receiver

For the love of the rest of ALL Easters-PLEASE let's end the Randy Moss thing. 1st it aint happening-no way BB brings him back, too much of a circus and the guy is really getting up there in age. 2007 was special and could have been Historic,(still stings!!!!!), but it's over--and I'm still paying my shrink!

Sections
Shortcuts