Randy Moss to retire

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

Randy Moss to retire

Adam Schefter
    2 minutes ago

...sad he couldn't retire on better terms...but he gave the Pats some good years.  Thanks Randy!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddyd08. Show Eddyd08's posts

Re: Randy Moss to retire

I knew he was going to do that. He said it he only wanted to play for us. Maybe BB can get him out of retirement if one our receiver gets hurt in the middle of the season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

snore

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

I agree. Maybe injury insurance later in the season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

I heard Cris Carter say we offered him a 1 year deal, but he wanted at least 2 or 3 years. Is this true?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

Thanks for your years here Randy--some amazing moments!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

^seriously doubt that..then again CC can't go 30 seconds without mentioning how close he is to Moss, lol

But as for his retirement, I'm happy, it allows him to go out with relative dignity instead of signing for some doormat franchise, his career numbers speak for themselves and imo it would be criminal if he is not a first ballot player.  He bugged out last season, but 2007 was unreal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from deano2324. Show deano2324's posts

what are the chances the Pats grab R.Moss, with what the jets added I think its a no brainer for them to sign him

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Maybe he can find a little peace making his truck team relevant.

Good luck to you and Sidney.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SandyRowBelfast. Show SandyRowBelfast's posts

Moss won the Pats NOTHING!!!!!!! He is a cancer to any team he plays on. A selfish piece of garbage who has the maturity of a 12 year old. What a waste of talent.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

Moss was a great Patriot, I wish he didn't give up or speak up when he did. I think if he would have worked with the Pats in the system that he did he wouldn't be in this position. I was really hoping that he would come back this season. With Chad and Moss the Pats would have been unstoppable. I know the pundits say that the two ego's would have been a nightmare for even the great BB but I think that they would have done fine together. They both want the same thing a RING and I believe that  they like most of us as we age the nonsense becomes just that. I enjoyed watching Moss with Brady. They were just unbelievable. Thanks for the memories.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

he played well, then he worked his way out of NE, now he's gone. Let it go.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Very good player for us that made us one of the best offenses the league has ever seen in 07...until a 43 defense shut us down and won the whole thing (I threw 43 in there because people think 43 defenses are for pre- schoolers).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I feel bad for Moss.  In 2007 he blew the record books up.  In 2008 he kept his head on and was a strong locker room presence when Brady went down.  In 2009 Brady was gunshy and off, and the two just couldn't connect like they did back in 2007.  In defense to Brady though, Moss was a little gimpy as well.  In 2010 he was at the end of his rope as far as getting a new contract, and spoke out, and that was the end of that. 

One of my favorite all time players though.  It was a true joy to watch him play, especially when he was suited up as a Pat.  It was a privilege Randy! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The "weighing his options" is more like "got zero offers". I think he ultimately did himself in with his actions last year.  He had one of the best seasons statistically that any Pats WR ever had, and I will always remember the way he made the game look easy.  But can anyone really figure out what goes on inside that guy's head?  He's out of the league because of his behavior in my opinion, not because he can't play anymore.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

Straight cash homie.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Anyone who says he wasn't fun to watch is crazy!! The guy had amazing talent, and brought some incredible moments to this team. Last year wasn't his finest by any stretch, and he made some mistakes. But I will remember him for what he brought this team...Thanks for the memories Randy!! Your gold jacket is just a matter of time...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Being a Moss fan, this is sad news.  Provided some great excitement playing with the Patriots!  I wish he could have just kept quiet and stuck it out her in NE.  Wish he would have signed the 1 year contract if it was truly offered to him.  Oh well these things happen.  Anyways, his last stop is the HOF! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Thanks Randy, you were one of a kind...www.obsessedwithsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/randy-moss-moon.jpg" alt="" width="512" height="403" />

Hey its a long season, never know if BB will be calling...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

maybe he will reconsider.............

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrocktonMike. Show BrocktonMike's posts

Well, I'd like to see Randy retire in a Pat's uniform. 

Love him or hate him, he made 2007 one of the most exciting years I can recall.

Yeah, there were downsides as well, but let's be honest, we'd never have been 16-0 without Randy.  Were it not for a fluke play in the Superbowl, we'd have won.

No matter what happens or has happened, my heart never raced as much, and blood pressure as high as 2007. 

I hope Junior Seau decides to retire in a Pat's uniform as well.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrocktonMike. Show BrocktonMike's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss to retire:
    [QUOTE]Anyone who says he wasn't fun to watch is crazy!! The guy had amazing talent, and brought some incredible moments to this team. Last year wasn't his finest by any stretch, and he made some mistakes. But I will remember him for what he brought this team...Thanks for the memories Randy!! Your gold jacket is just a matter of time...
    Posted by tanbass[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  2007 was one of the greatest years to be a Pat's fan, in no small part to Randy.  I hope Randy is given the chance to retire in a Pat's uniform since this is the team he wanted to end his career with. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

He had offers just not the money he wanted, it was always about him. Now when he had to work his way back and take a one year deal loaded with incentives he again takes the easy route. He's like the prodigal son who never did get it.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toocool9090. Show toocool9090's posts

Probably my 2nd favorite player behind Brady.

This is sad... That 07 team was insanly fun to play with on Madden!