Randy Moss winning a Super Bowl

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

Randy Moss winning a Super Bowl

All season long, Randy Moss has been a great teammate to those in San Francisco and has been helpful to the wide receiving core. While the numbers he put up this season is not impressive to watch, his impact is felt when he's on the football field. When Randy is on the football field, the cornerback to his side will either give Randy that 10-yard cushion or will always have safety help over the top. When Randy is on the football field, the chance of a deep pass to his side of the field is high.

When Randy was traded during the 2010 season, it hurt to watch him go, but it was a business decision that was made. Watching him go to two different teams that season was just tough to watch because it was painful to watch in those where the teams were losing. Those teams were losing when Randy got there and he was an easy target for criticism for the teams failures. When he announced his retirement (through his agent), I was hoping that his career wouldn't end that way.

Fast forward to this past off season, he announced his comeback to football for the 2012 season to fans through Ustream. The only question was, what team was willing to sign a gifted wide receiver in Randy? The coach that was willing to sign Randy was none other than Jim Harbaugh who saw how Randy can contribute to the offense. When Mario Manningham got injured and went to injured reserve, it meant more reps for Randy.

Now Randy is back for another shot at winning a super bowl ring with the San Francisco 49ers. If Randy Moss can win this super bowl in New Orleans, it would complete a career where he has put up stellar numbers through his years and the trial & tribulations that he's had in his life. I hope Randy get that super bowl ring in 2 weeks because he is one gifted wide receiver.

I miss seeing Randy in a Patriots jersey.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Randy Moss winning a Super Bowl

We could have used Randy this year, he would have done more than Branch that's for sure. 

I understand why the Pats didn't want him back but still...

I'll be rooting hard for Moss and Satan while Ray tries to win "with GOD" LOLOLOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

We could have used Randy this year, he would have done more than Branch that's for sure. 

I'll be rooting hard for Moss and Satan while Ray tries to win "with GOD" LOLOLOL

ray going to the super bowl in his final year is a cool story i guess....but him saying things like "god doesnt make mistakes" about him winning a football game is ridiculous.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

I definitely prefer the understated way that Moss is handling the potential end of his career over the Ray Lewis sideshow tour.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

We could have used Moss last year instead of ... OCHO!! But I guess BB doesn't check these boards out because I was flooding this board with bring Moss back threads/posts.  I never liked letting Moss go in the first place and I have been calling for him back ever since. Ok, got that out of my system!

It would be nice to see Moss win a ring!  But it would have been glorious to have seen him win it with the Patriots.  I want Moss to get a td in this one.  Matter of fact, I want the Ravens to shut down Crabtree and see Moss have a big game.  I will be cheering for Koepernick to Moss all day long!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

ray going to the super bowl in his final year is a cool story i guess....but him saying things like "god doesnt make mistakes" about him winning a football game is ridiculous.

One could argue that God definitely makes mistakes. He made Ray Lewis.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Moss is a non-factor. He doesn't run past anybody anymore. He's a notch above Deion Branch, that's about it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Moss is a non-factor. He doesn't run past anybody anymore. He's a notch above Deion Branch, that's about it.

You're a notch above Branch.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Are you saying I'm a non-factor? 

Here's two guys in 2012, just for fun:

Randy Moss: 16 games, 28 rec., 434 yds, 15.5 ypc, 3 TDs

Tiquan Underwood: 16 games, 28 rec., 425 yds, 15.2 ypc, 2 TDs

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

We could have used Moss last year instead of ... OCHO!! But I guess BB doesn't check these boards out because I was flooding this board with bring Moss back threads/posts.  I never liked letting Moss go in the first place and I have been calling for him back ever since. Ok, got that out of my system!

It would be nice to see Moss win a ring!  But it would have been glorious to have seen him win it with the Patriots.  I want Moss to get a td in this one.  Matter of fact, I want the Ravens to shut down Crabtree and see Moss have a big game.  I will be cheering for Koepernick to Moss all day long!

Definitely agree with you.  Moss is  one of my favorite former Patriots players and it would be nice to see him win a ring.  I also would have liked to see him back with the Patriots but I am not really surprised that it didn't happen.  I believe that San Francisco should be the favorites to win the Super Bowl, but  anything can happen during any given game. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

the smartest thing for him to do would be to go low on pollard and crackback his knees .  Ravens defense would be less effective, and the same strategy rayvens use to win games could be used on them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

The Pats were smart moving on from Randy Moss in 2010...they were bad with him and got better without him.  It had run its course.  The fact that BB fleeced the Vikes for a 3rd round pick was icing on the cake.

I'm still rooting for Moss though...I've always liked him and hope he can get that elusive ring he should have had in 2007.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

go Randy

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Are you saying I'm a non-factor? 

Here's two guys in 2012, just for fun:

The numbers don't tell how much impact Randy has on the game. There is always a safety over the top to his side.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to millergrnv's comment:

Moss is a non-factor. He doesn't run past anybody anymore. He's a notch above Deion Branch, that's about it.Here's two guys in 2012, just for fun:

[QUOTE]

The numbers don't tell how much impact Randy has on the game. There is always a safety over the top to his side.

So he's now essentially a decoy?  Nothing against the guy, but let's not overtstate his value.  He's useful but he's not anything close to what he was.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

In response to millergrnv's comment:

Moss is a non-factor. He doesn't run past anybody anymore. He's a notch above Deion Branch, that's about it.Here's two guys in 2012, just for fun:

[QUOTE]

So he's now essentially a decoy?  Nothing against the guy, but let's not overtstate his value.  He's useful but he's not anything close to what he was.

Randy is no decoy, its just showing how much respect defenders still give Randy when he's on the football field by having a safety to his side all the time. Randy is no decoy by any means.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

Would much rather see Moss win a Superbowl than Ray!

YES

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

Would much rather see Moss win a Superbowl than Ray!

YES

+1

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Moss was great here....didn't like hearing how he acted towards that husband and wife that brought in the free food for the Vikings, but I'd still rather see him win it than Ray.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Media day....

Tom E. Curran @tomecurran

Moss says he'd like to play another year. Asked if SF is where he'd like to be, "Next question."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Media day....

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran

Moss says he'd like to play another year. Asked if SF is where he'd like to be, "Next question."

Interesting

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Media day....

Randy has made it clear where he wants to be. Unfortunately our GM is sometimes HOF anal.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Media day....

Interesting

Said he's not happy with his role...obviously wants to be a starter somewhere

Sections
Shortcuts