Randy Moss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

Re: Randy Moss

I think he will be pretty good if we use our tight ends a lot more, have a more productive running game courtesy of Algae Crumpler and SeaBass, and are far less predictable. Brady even became more predictable. He used to hit the open man, whoever it happened to be. Lately, not so much. But, if the O coordinator gets creative and everything comes together, Moss will be single covered a lot more and even if he has lost a step, he is still better than most. Maybe that shoulder was a huge problem and now it's fixed.
    It would be a lot better (in my mind) if Brady had held off on the mega mansion in CA until he retired. He can't possibly fly back and forth each week?? They only get one day off during hte season, right? Is Giselle gonna stay out there or will she stay with him here during the reg/post season? Or will Brady play out the last year of his contract, then shock the world by leaving BB & the Pats behind and signing with his childhood favorite SF 49'ers ???????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

it all depends upon if the pats use the TE's as recieving threats. If they do use them as WR's then moss will get less double covered and will light it up once again like in 2007 when he had stallworth drawing the safety away from him and leaving him single covered.  I think he should have one of his best years yet because hernandez, crumpler, gronkowski, and tate are going to give problems for D coordinators. I can't wait till training camp! Go Pats!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Maybe not a repeat of the record setting 2007, but a very good year.  It is a contract year and he will play hard barring injury.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Consider this thought,Vollmer plays RT with Moss spread to the right and Crumpler at the TE spot on the right hand side of the formation,Maroney gets the ball Vollmer seals the ILB and Crumpler takes out the DE,there is nothing left to tackle Maroney provided he doesn't stop too compete in the dancing with the stars contest ! Because Randy will have run off the DB,now lets change the scene just a skoosh,and the DB doesn't run with Randy oops the safety is 15 yards off the play so Tom play actions and there is Randy running all by himself catching his pass and running wide open!! It's a thing of beauty if it happens the way it should..Now back to your question,Yes Moss will have a very productive year provided he stays healthy and it won't be his last as a Patriot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I think Randy will benefit from having Holt across from him. Teams won't be able to box him in without paying dearly, as Torry is a great route runner. Also I think Brady will be better this season. The first year after a knee surgery a QB is just not 100%. Someone mentioned it's a contract year, and that will contribute, too. I don't think the new TEs will be a huge factor catching balls, though. Crumpler will obviously help, but the new guys will take at least a year to get up to speed. But I think Randy will do better in 2010 than he did last season. I doubt they'll ever match the numbers of 2007, but I'd rather see a Lombardi than a lot of records and no ring!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

If Brady is back to form, and Moss stays injury free, then 1200+ yards and double digit TD's are almost guaranteed from number 81. I hope that Moss has a great Year and the Pats bring him back for another 2 or 3 years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I expect open targets all over the field, and an offense-at-will.  This slightly hurts Randy's number of catches, as the Pats are going to reach the endzone faster and then kick off to the opponent, and then they're going to put in the running game early, and finally the backup QBs get a chance.  Also, both Brandon Tate and Price can run Randy's favorite route.  I expect Randy to not have a record-setting year due to wear and tear on his shoulder, but I could see a solid year.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

I like an over/under of 1300 yards and about 10+ touchdowns from Randy. Just another great, dominating season from Moss, although I truly think he is on the decline now because injuries will come more easily than before.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

A better question is, will he sulk if the ball gets spread out more to the TEs/Holt/Julian or if he gets shut down by the good corners again? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I think the pick up Torry Holt will help Moss. Even with Welker the first half of the season, I've seen enough of Edlemann to believe that he'll fill in nicely. My predictions for Moss 75 catches 1200 yards and 14 TD's.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Moss had injured shoulder(s) in 2009 so that accounts for a lot of his drops or not extending like he usually is capable of. I think he will be back to 2007/2008 form. He wants one last big contract and that happens if he plays his heart out and doesn't revert to the Pre-Patriot Randy.
    With the potential help there should be around him from the TE's and WR's like Price, Holt and Edleman (Welker when he comes back as well) and the better running game that should be there with a better Oline health wise and Vollmer being added to the mix along with Crumpler CJ's personal bulldozer according to C Johnson he accounted for about 400 of his rushing yards. 
    Moss is barely on my radar as a position to worry about.

Sections
Shortcuts