Randy moss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

Randy moss

whats the story of randy moss vs the phins? was he just that well covered for only one pass thrown to him and 0 receptions. In the back of my mind i'm thinkin were just trying to explore what other weapons we have since it seems very unlikely he'll be back next season. Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

Re: Randy moss

In Response to Randy moss:
    [QUOTE]whats the story of randy moss vs the phins? was he just that well covered for only one pass thrown to him and 0 receptions. In the back of my mind i'm thinkin were just trying to explore what other weapons we have since it seems very unlikely he'll be back next season. Thoughts?
    Posted by patsfan1994[/QUOTE]

He was double covered most of the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

He dropped the great pass Tom threw him before the end of the first half.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'm happy Brady found his other weapons and is getting comfortable with them.  I kinda thought he was forcing the ball to Moss at times in other games.  This is how it should be.  That said, Moss simply being on the field has an impact.  They must account for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

as he said after the game "its called a game plan".  If the phins care to commit 2 players to him on almost every snap, so be it, just means better matchups for the other weapons.

-i expected him to make the play at the end of the half, but it wasn't an easy catch

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

Teams are double covering Moss and they are playing Welker very physical off the line.

Thats ok though, because all the attention they are giving those two, opens up the field for the new talent.  

The Pats have more weapons this year than any year previously.  Too bad we lost Faulk.  It's too early to get excited, but I'm looking foreward to watching this team develop this season.   I think by December they could definately be dominant.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

In Response to Re: Randy moss:
    [QUOTE]He dropped the great pass Tom threw him before the end of the first half.
    Posted by Brendon-Patrick[/QUOTE]

Watch it again. Moss had to adjust as it was thrown behind him and yes, he should have caught it but was off balance.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

yeah that fake spike pass was thrown behind him tsk you can't complain about that..I think the gameplan today was different, even Welker wasn't getting catches in the recent plays, they play as Defense dictates

I could careless about Moss 0 catch tonight all I care is we got a division win, I know he'll bounce back, we all know that c'mon

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Ask Tate, Aaron, Woodhead and Welker. Double coverage on Moss left these guys with single coverage vs. scrub defenders. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Maybe the game plan on Offense was to not force any balls to Moss.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

[QUOTE]He dropped the great pass Tom threw him before the end of the first half.

You mean that just because he was able to reach the ball with the very tips of his fingets that he should have caught it?  Brady needed to throw that ball about six inches closer to him so that he could reach it and catch it.  Look, his being on the field meant that they had to play 9 defenders against our 10 attackers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

fins   game plan was to not let moss beat them , but by doing so they let our other weapons showcase themselves

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

pats offense played well..but we still had some three and outs and couldnt get 7 early... so improvement is still needed..they ran the ball hard... moss is one player and teams will eventually not be able to double cover him...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Great game plan by the Fins as most of the time they doubled him up. So overall cant go wrong with giving the ball to Hernandez, Tate, and Wes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Moss with zero catches is not a big deal. As most have said, they double teamed him which created opportunities for other players. Look at the Woodhead catch for a touchdown and you can see how much teams respect he and Welker. both doubleteamed which left a LB on Woodhead. Not a fair match up given Woodhead's quickness. 

Last night is exactly the kind of gameplan the Pats needed...take what the defense offered, don't force the ball, establish the run, and get contributions from virtually every skill position player. 

So, although Moss didn't have any catches, he proved once again that the Pats are more lethal with him on the field vs. off the field. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Moss was doubled the whole night and since Brady has plenty of other targets he's not going to try to force the ball to him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]Teams are double covering Moss and they are playing Welker very physical off the line. Thats ok though, because all the attention they are giving those two, opens up the field for the new talent.   The Pats have more weapons this year than any year previously.  Too bad we lost Faulk.  It's too early to get excited, but I'm looking foreward to watching this team develop this season.   I think by December they could definately be dominant.
    Posted by Ltown1[/QUOTE]

Too bad we lost Faulk. Too good we have Woodhead to step in.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It's all well and good to point out that the Pats did well to take what the max zone coverage gave them and spread the ball around, but how long do you think Randy will be happy taking the top off the defense as a decoy in his contract year?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I read somewhere that he was even triple-covered at times. I would have liked for him to catch that one pass, so he felt he had a more direct impact in the game, but there is no doubt that he played a very important role in the win. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

[QUOTE]It's all well and good to point out that the Pats did well to take what the max zone coverage gave them and spread the ball around, but how long do you think Randy will be happy taking the top off the defense as a decoy in his contract year?
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

I think he'll be fine, but he'll have to be mentally tough and fight thru it all.  If he does he'll probably be rewarded with a 2 year, $10M extension offer.  If he doesn't, then the team will move on and Randy will move on to another team (one that doesn't have Tom Brady).  My predicition is Moss will continue work hard, have a few WOW games this year, and the Pats will make a reasonable attempt to resign him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmarley. Show jmarley's posts

Great Pass? What game were you watching? Look at the replay again. Randy had to turn his body to try and make a catch on a ball that was slightly overthrown.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The good here, which I seem to see no mention much anywhere...  Brady was not forcing passes to Moss, a BIG complaint from the Jets game.  Moss is pulling defenders away from the line of scrimmage and the other recievers..  he will have plenty of opportunities to catch passes.... 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Moss was doubled most of the night. My issue with him is that he looks miserable out there not even smiling at the end of the game when we won a big game. He should be happy for the team........he clearly isn't ...........His body language out there stinks..............

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

The more successful  Brady is throwing short and medium passes to Tate and company the sooner Moss will be left with single coverage down the field.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]It's all well and good to point out that the Pats did well to take what the max zone coverage gave them and spread the ball around, but how long do you think Randy will be happy taking the top off the defense as a decoy in his contract year?
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

It is a fair question.

Sections
Shortcuts