Randy Moss....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

Randy Moss....

No contract- said he was sorry and wanted to come back.. Has quality talent when he is inspired.....

Does anyone desire to let him come back on a low-cost short leash type contract?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Re: Randy Moss....

i hate how he takes plays off, he only really runs his routes when he knew he was getting the ball, therefore defenses could tell if the ball was coming his way or not. I'd rather have chad johnson or steve smith

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Moss' freakish talents are deteriorating. He is no longer the deep threat he once was, however I think he can still be productive in the red zone.

Let him come back on a low-cost short leash type contract? Sure.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I think Moss still has talent, he's just a freak of nature.  I think he can still be a deep threat, we have all witnessed that when he was with the Pats..  He has shown times of playing hard, I can still vision some key blocks he made when he didn't have the ball. I think he still has a good year or two left in him.

If he could be a team player, not take downs off and just be like the other guys on the team who are willing to do whatever it takes, even a reduced role, in order for the team to WIN then I would love to see him back.  If he can't do all that then he is better off playing for some other team.

I will be good with whatever the brain trusts of the team think is best for the team. If they pick him up good, if not then that is fine too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I would explore other options first, evaluate where Taylor Price and Brandon Tate are second, then wait to see if Chad Johnson and Steve Smith get cut.

After all that, maybe Moss is worth a look, but I feel like Chad Johnson and Steve Smith both play the game with more passion more consistently, and bring more to the run game as blockers.  

I'm honestly not sure if Tate or Price will ever have an impact - something about the way this team drafts receivers earlier than the seventh round makes me suspicious.  Deion Branch was the only receiver drafted before the 7th round, and one of only two receivers total, who panned out for the Pats since Belichick-Pioli took over (David Givens being the other).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss....:
    i hate how he takes plays off, he only really runs his routes when he knew he was getting the ball, therefore defenses could tell if the ball was coming his way or not. I'd rather have chad johnson or steve smith
    Posted by natesubs

Peppers also takes plays off. Know what else he can do? Out run the Bears backers and chase a RB all the way across the other side of the field. And you couldnt be more wrong about Moss only running when he was getting the ball. One BB wouldnt have kept him around 3 years. Two WW wouldnt owe him $$$ for the rest of his life , teams gave WW anything he wanted underneath. How did he catch all those balls if Moss dogged it so much? WW never saw a #1 DB while Randy was here and he didnt look the same without Randy last year. Theres no denying that. And three i actually watched the games , not sure about you. Id still rather have the guy who has more TDs combined then Ocho and Smith.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I doubt Moss comes back to the Pats but I will say this.  If this is effectively the end to Moss' career than you can hate him.  He has done enough dumb sh*t to deserve that.  But few people have ever been as much fun to watch as Randy Moss. 

Some of the joy in watching pro sports is just watching amazing athletes make amazing plays and Moss did it regularly.  6'4, one of the fastest guys in the NFL, some of the best hands in the NFL and he could jump.  It's like he was designed in a test tube to be a WR.  When I think of some of the most memorable catches I've ever seen I think Randy takes up half of them.  Just in 07, Miami game with 4 guys around him, and he somehow ends up with the ball, NYJ he blows by 3 Jets defenders like they're standing still, Colts game one handed grab through traffic.  It looks like the ball sticks to his hands.  There have been better recievers but Randy could just make catches that nobody else could.  I imagine it's like when people watched Pistol Pete play Basketball, you knew he wasn't the best, but he was going to do something unforgettable that nobody else could do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Can we stop all the Moss threads? He is gone and is NOT coming back. To quote the great Wayne Campbell of Waynes World fame; "Live in the now man!"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss.... : Peppers also takes plays off. Know what else he can do? Out run the Bears backers and chase a RB all the way across the other side of the field. And you couldnt be more wrong about Moss only running when he was getting the ball. One BB wouldnt have kept him around 3 years. Two WW wouldnt owe him $$$ for the rest of his life , teams gave WW anything he wanted underneath. How did he catch all those balls if Moss dogged it so much? WW never saw a #1 DB while Randy was here and he didnt look the same without Randy last year. Theres no denying that. And three i actually watched the games , not sure about you. Id still rather have the guy who has more TDs combined then Ocho and Smith.
    Posted by startrightnow

I watched the games too and saw a Moss that could no longer get separation. A Moss that gave up on balls that he could have caught if he tried. A Moss no longer willing to fight the db for the ball and allowed the interception he could have easily broken up. And that was in the first four games last year. Now he's a year slower and a year less able to get separation and you want him back? I hope the Pats don't waste the roster spot on him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I would explore other options first, evaluate where Taylor Price and Brandon Tate are second, then wait to see if Chad Johnson and Steve Smith get cut. After all that, maybe Moss is worth a look, but I feel like Chad Johnson and Steve Smith both play the game with more passion more consistently, and bring more to the run game as blockers.   I'm honestly not sure if Tate or Price will ever have an impact - something about the way this team drafts receivers earlier than the seventh round makes me suspicious.  Deion Branch was the only receiver drafted before the 7th round, and one of only two receivers total, who panned out for the Pats since Belichick-Pioli took over (David Givens being the other).
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

That's not true. Ne drafted Chad Jackson, Bethel Johnson, and Matt Slater in the second, second, and fifth respectively. 

WR drafting has been touch and go here, but against the NFL average, it's likely average, considering how many WR busts there are, and how many WR selections there are.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I would be fine with Moss coming back as a situational player splitting time with other wideouts & being mostly used as an expanded redzone threat type player(opponents 30 yd line instead of 20) for brady to have.....IF he could be happy doing that & stay motivated I think the Pats would be unstopable with all the other options they have....I just don't see Moss willing to be that humble so I'm not expecting him back....

I do appriciate all he did for us & have been a fan of his for years....true poetry on the field when motivated....too bad he didn't have Jerry Rice's work ethics as it would be draw dropping to think of the records he would additionally have....I wish him the best no matter where he ends up(except when he plays us)....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss.... : I watched the games too and saw a Moss that could no longer get separation. A Moss that gave up on balls that he could have caught if he tried. A Moss no longer willing to fight the db for the ball and allowed the interception he could have easily broken up. And that was in the first four games last year. Now he's a year slower and a year less able to get separation and you want him back? I hope the Pats don't waste the roster spot on him.
    Posted by rtuinila

Well there you have it.... He acted like he whad been dissed...... HAD HE?  Was he not in the last year of his deal?  Did he not think he was "Supposed" to be an important part of the team?  Was he told by the brain trust that they were not going to re-sign him until at least the end of the year? Did you think he didn't know that would mean he was a man without a team during a lockout offseason?  

EVERYONE who follows the league KNOWS Randy can be moody and underperforme if he thinks that he is not wanted.  What did he do in Minn?.. Then he got traded and looked good a couple of years.   What did he do in OAK when he first got there (Decent on a crap team) then when he felt that he was wasting away he dogged it.  What did he do the first few years when he got to NE?  Then ( If /when) he felt like he was not a center of the team he began dogging it.  THIS IS THE WAY HE HAS BEEN THROUGHOUT HIS CAREER----- Think About it.

SO after he was sent packing last year he essentially begged to come back.  He said he KNEW he wanted to be back, and be a part of this winning team.  IT would not have (in any way) been the right time to take him back last year.  They needed to let him see the other side of the fence.  However this year      (which is why I asked the question) would he come back feeling as if he was wanted- because they signed him, and play with all his energy?  Would he give full effort?  The effort that has been talked about by a few here.

I see others talk about Chad Johnson and Steve Smith.... both GOOD Receivers.  But for my money neither great receivers....  OCHO takes plays off regularly too, and Smith takes entire games off if things do not go his way- Also this is a small but talented man... I would like to have at least one bigger, speedy WR.... not 5'8".

I guess what I am saying is that ALL of the options have flaws..... IS Randy the better option since the coaching staff KNOW what he is, and what he can do... or would it be better to look for the greener grass on the other side of the fence (which is over a neighbors leaking septic tank)?

Again the initial premise was a "LOW COST- SHORT LEASH" type contract that would make him play like he "WANTED IT".... in that case is he worth the gamble....  Of course with that kind of deal most anyone might be.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

I don't know about Moss. his agent said that he was in freakish shape but thats what they were saying in camp last year too. if his mind is right he can probably still have an impact but he isn't always in the right frame of mind.

what potential does taylor price have? in the last game of the season he had some playing time and really looked good. very fast and good hands. hoyer was in the game at that point. was that because the dolphins had packed it in or can the kid play?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

THe Pats have moved on. Pretty simple.

But if I were Randy Moss and had my heart set on playing for the Pats I would not sign with anyone else. I would approach BB and pledge to do anything the staff asked of him and agree to any sort of structure in contract. And if that wasn't enough I would tell BB that I was buying a house near the stadium and that I would come by once a day to see if there was a job opening he could try out for. I would even offer to be a waterboy if it would give me a chance to try out.

Imagine if he would go that far!? But who would do all that? And the Pats have moved on....

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

I would rather go and get Sidney Rice.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Chad Ochocinco
    Sidney Rice
    Steve Smith
    Sidney Rice
    Mike Sims-Walker
    Santonio Holmes
    James Jones
    Malcolm Floyd

Those guys first, if we can't get any of them then I would love to see Moss come back. But first, try to get one of the ones I listed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I wish Randy Moss well.  But with someone else.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Forget about Holmes. He's a punk who beats his wife.  Not happening here.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

good point, cross him off the list.

I still think there are plenty of better options then Moss though.

Thinking that Moss will come here cheap and play a small role is just nonsense, his ego is too big for that and I just don't see him fitting in.

Besides, our offense got better when Moss left...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a86f7e6c4-824c-4d2e-83ad-cd9b1018a514&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:86f7e6c4-824c-4d2e-83ad-cd9b1018a514Post:7353e011-936f-4d62-94cc-785474ab35ce">Re: Randy Moss....:
    In Response to Re: Randy Moss.... : Peppers also takes plays off. Know what else he can do? Out run the Bears backers and chase a RB all the way across the other side of the field. And you couldnt be more wrong about Moss only running when he was getting the ball. One BB wouldnt have kept him around 3 years. Two WW wouldnt owe him $$$ for the rest of his life , teams gave WW anything he wanted underneath. How did he catch all those balls if Moss dogged it so much? WW never saw a #1 DB while Randy was here and he didnt look the same without Randy last year. Theres no denying that. And three i actually watched the games , not sure about you. Id still rather have the guy who has more TDs combined then Ocho and Smith.
    Posted by startrightnow

Welker was coming off a major knee injury and the Patriots 2010 offense was shifting towards a more balanced attack. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

How was Randy's season last year?  'Nuff said.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

Had quality talent in 2007/2008...have you seen him? He's lay and he'll pull his same old crap..he was virtually out of football and the Pats saved him...and crapped all over them and ruined his big pay day..stay away....

60maxpowero.com

Sections
Shortcuts