Randy Moss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

Randy Moss

Be glad to see him back. Not sold on OCHO

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Randy Moss

Chad Johnson hasn't exactly made a seemless transition to the Patriot's O, but I don't want to see Moss back here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

The devil you know  (Moss) is a better WR than the angel (OCHO) you dont know. Put Moss on speed dail.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss:
    The devil you know  (Moss) is a better WR than the angel (OCHO) you dont know. Put Moss on speed dail.
    Posted by achie

Fans need to move on from 2007, it's not walking through that door.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I'm not sold on Moss coming back. Not that I don't like him, but his main role on this team would be as a decoy, keeping two DB's busy covering him. I don't think he would accept or be happy with that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

look, the locker room distractions bandied 2 and 3 years ago were not about some player not liked or that player was a bad guy. it was about the best 53 players were on the team regardless of reputation/status or salary. each player needed to be treated the same, and each player needed to put forth full effort or step aside.
    Moss was not putting forth full effort, and BB would have lost the locker room if he let it go. His only choice was to follow the tone he had set and part ways with Moss.
    Same situation with Sanders. He is a great guy and a great locker room guy. But as often the case, the best 53 guys are usually the healthiest, and Sanders wasn't, making him expendable. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'll go with what we have right now. This is just proof again that the preseason is too many games. If the Pats don't know by now who they want to keep then their not very prepared.

Randy  enjoy the race truck, get involved with it full time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Raaaaaannnnnnddddddyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Randy Moss is not coming through that door. he burned the bridge last season. I don't think BB gives a second chance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Yeah right, next you'll be telling me there's a chance Deion Branch can come back after how he left.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

It's clear he's not in the cards right now, if someone went down I think he'd be someone who could transition right away if he's staying in shape.

If it did happen he'd probably play his heart out but I just don't see it unless they were desperate.........and in that case I'm not sure he'd really be the answer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

RANDY! or anybody else for that matter.

Get me a stud wide receiver, now!

This will haunt them as well as the secondary.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

RANDY! or anybody else for that matter. Get me a stud wide receiver, now! This will haunt them as well as the secondary.
    Posted by Benkarkis

Just out of curiosity who do you see out there that's better than who they have?  Or for that matter which free agent WR's even before.  Lots of mid level guys, but top guys?  Rice- always injured, Edwards- head case.  Those would be the only two I think have the talent to be a true #1 but they really haven't produced like it over the years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Right now who can take the top off the defense?  Ocho, Naw. Branch, Naw. Welker, Naw. Hernandez, Naw.  Price, Naw. 

Here we are, a little over one week until regular season and no deep threat.  We can only get away with this for a while and then it comes back to haunt us.  The Pats did great after Moss left but not having a deep threat was a big weakness against the Jets in the playoffs.  Nothing short opened up because there was no threat with the deep ball. 

You tell me the deep threat isn't important even as a decoy and I'll tell you that you are crazy.  Just my 2 cents.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

look, the locker room distractions bandied 2 and 3 years ago were not about some player not liked or that player was a bad guy. it was about the best 53 players were on the team regardless of reputation/status or salary. each player needed to be treated the same, and each player needed to put forth full effort or step aside. Moss was not putting forth full effort, and BB would have lost the locker room if he let it go. His only choice was to follow the tone he had set and part ways with Moss. Same situation with Sanders. He is a great guy and a great locker room guy. But as often the case, the best 53 guys are usually the healthiest, and Sanders wasn't, making him expendable. 
    Posted by rkarp

As he did in his contract years in Minnesota and Oakland, Moss PUBLICALLY played his way out of town. Remember the post game tirade during his segment of the press conference on game day? Plus, being on three different team rosters in the same season, and not getting a sniff in the FA Season is NOT a good thing. Only "journeymen" or hangers on do that. If he had any added value, he would have been re-signed in Minnesota, after they obtained  McNabb. He could have re-signed in Nashville who now have a proven NFL QB in Hassellback. But, where is Randy? POuting that he isn't getting any offers for what HE feels he's worth. His act has played out in eh NFL. It's a shame, because I think he could STILL contribute, he's let his ego get in the way of common sense. The Krafts loved him, undeniably printed. But, he loved himself and his money more.

It's a shame.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

I would be happy if they brought Moss in late in the year if someone went down. He could play a role in the red zone and get himself a ring IF we win it all this year which I would like to see.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

He wouldn't sign a 1 year, multi million dollar contract with the Pats, or any other interested team. Why would he now sign a one year, "be a decoy for the NFL player minimum" deal now? It would have been interesting to see just how contrite he would have been after his 2010 shennanigans at three stops, but he scrued the pooch, and HE was his own pooch.

I just can't or don't see BB investing any more time into this "possibility".  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Right now who can take the top off the defense?  Ocho, Naw. Branch, Naw. Welker, Naw. Hernandez, Naw.  Price, Naw.  Here we are, a little over one week until regular season and no deep threat.  We can only get away with this for a while and then it comes back to haunt us.  The Pats did great after Moss left but not having a deep threat was a big weakness against the Jets in the playoffs.  Nothing short opened up because there was no threat with the deep ball.  You tell me the deep threat isn't important even as a decoy and I'll tell you that you are crazy.  Just my 2 cents.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

Not saying I wouldn't like to have a premier receiver, but I think there's Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Larry Fitzgerald maybe Desean Jackson and that's about it.  32 teams would like to have guys like that.  But no, I don't think it's a necessity to win in the NFL.  The Pats won SB's without a Moss type, GB has good receivers but I wouldn't consider any of them top level #1's, same with NO, and the Steelers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michael02127. Show Michael02127's posts

Randy Moss is not coming through that door. he burned the bridge last season. I don't think BB gives a second chance.
    Posted by kansaspatriot

I felt the same way until I read the article that said Moss visited Kraft after Myra died and said he wanted to come back and he was sorry for the way thinks went down.  I'd say there's a chance like 1% but a chance....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Right now who can take the top off the defense?  Ocho, Naw. Branch, Naw. Welker, Naw. Hernandez, Naw.  Price, Naw.  Here we are, a little over one week until regular season and no deep threat.  We can only get away with this for a while and then it comes back to haunt us.  The Pats did great after Moss left but not having a deep threat was a big weakness against the Jets in the playoffs.  Nothing short opened up because there was no threat with the deep ball.  You tell me the deep threat isn't important even as a decoy and I'll tell you that you are crazy.  Just my 2 cents.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

How do the Pats get a stud WR? Let's see..... there's trading for him, a la Moss I. Then there's the draft. Naw! Not many "stud" WR's are found in teh 5-7th round, BB's favorite hunting grounds. Remember, most Pats fans claim that he can always "find a WR there; he's not going to over pay for one." Moss I came at abargain (he was on the Raid-uh's contract, nd came cheaply. In fact, the Pats got MORE for trading him to Minnesota, than they gave up to get him from the Raid-uhs!

It's a position of need. Let's see how long it goes, improperly addressed. Sort of like the undeniable Patriot need for a pass rushing OLB. When is THAT need going to be filled?  

Not a good thing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss : As he did in his contract years in Minnesota and Oakland, Moss PUBLICALLY played his way out of town. Remember the post game tirade during his segment of the press conference on game day? Plus, being on three different team rosters in the same season, and not getting a sniff in the FA Season is NOT a good thing. Only "journeymen" or hangers on do that. If he had any added value, he would have been re-signed in Minnesota, after they obtained  McNabb. He could have re-signed in Nashville who now have a proven NFL QB in Hassellback.But, where is Randy? POuting that he isn't getting any offers for what HE feels he's worth. His act has played out in eh NFL. It's a shame, because I think he could STILL contribute, he's let his ego get in the way of common sense. The Krafts loved him, undeniably printed. But, he loved himself and his money more. It's a shame.
    Posted by AZPAT

I'd do some homework if i were you. You really look foolish here.

1) Randy really only played on 2 teams. He was hardly on the field for Tenn. He really played 8 games and had 5 TD's. 2 of those beating A.C and Revis. The one on Revis was very telling. That was one of about 10 times Revis played true man and Randy burnt him. Plus he reportedly got offers from several teams , including the Pats and Eagles. Reportedly only 1 year deals.

2) When you play 7-10 seasons in the NFL , you have the right to pick and choose where you go. What's wrong with wanting to play for a contender? What's wrong with walking away if you feel you deserve more years/money? Who are you to say? Who t.f would actually want to go to Minne. or Tenn. this year? One QB is about as smart as a golf club and the other gets hurt on a 7 yard scramble.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss : Not saying I wouldn't like to have a premier receiver, but I think there's Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Larry Fitzgerald maybe Desean Jackson and that's about it.  32 teams would like to have guys like that.  But no, I don't think it's a necessity to win in the NFL.  The Pats won SB's without a Moss type, GB has good receivers but I wouldn't consider any of them top level #1's, same with NO, and the Steelers.
    Posted by shenanigan

And the NFL caught up to that game planning. What have the Pats done, post season, since winning the SB vs Philthydelphia, even WITH Moss? Game planning a regular season game is a while lot different then game planning a playoff game. Are the Pat's problems, including the SB loss to the Giants, a game planning problem, or the execution of the players on hand?

Moss isn't the answer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss : And the NFL caught up to that game planning. What have the Pats done, post season, since winning the SB vs Philthydelphia, even WITH Moss? Game planning a regular season game is a while lot different then game planning a playoff game. Are the Pat's problems, including the SB loss to the Giants, a game planning problem, or the execution of the players on hand? Moss isn't the answer.
    Posted by AZPAT

Ok, I don't know why you're arguing with me since my point was against Moss.  I don't agree gameplanning for a regular season game is a lot different than a playoff game.  And I think if you were to list the best WR's in the NFL today you would find that none of them have a SB ring, and if you list all the SB winners you find none of them have an elite receiver so my point was that while having them would be great I don't think it's a necessity and I there there are weaker areas that would account for the Pats losses.  If you don't agree, then we just disagree.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss : I'd do some homework if i were you. You really look foolish here. 1) Randy really only played on 2 teams. He was hardly on the field for Tenn. He really played 8 games and had 5 TD's. 2 of those beating A.C and Revis. The one on Revis was very telling. That was one of about 10 times Revis played true man and Randy burnt him. Plus he reportedly got offers from several teams , including the Pats and Eagles. Reportedly only 1 year deals. 2) When you play 7-10 seasons in the NFL , you have the right to pick and choose where you go. What's wrong with wanting to play for a contender? What's wrong with walking away if you feel you deserve more years/money? Who are you to say? Who t.f would actually want to go to Minne. or Tenn. this year? One QB is about as smart as a golf club and the other gets hurt on a 7 yard scramble.
    Posted by startrightnow

And you tell me to do some home work...

Fact: Moss played on 3 teams in 2010, being traded twice IN SEASON. He played in 8 games (started 4) with the Titans, and produced nothing. He burned his bridge in NE after his famous post game press conference tirade, bringing his contract issue into the forefront. If you deny that BB doesn't negotiate in the press, then maybe you needto start following Pop Warner Football. BB pulled a tremendous deal trading his sorry butt away for MORE than he gave up to get him. Why was that? Because the Vikings were desparate for a WR to help Favre out. Then that perty dish experiment went awry, and he was sent off to Nashville. Nashville saw something in him to TRADE FOR him. No team gives up draft picks to get a player they have no intention of playing. Sorry, Moss played for 3 teams in 1 year, a resume item that no NFL player wants to have.  

Be that as it may, who was his QB in Nashville? How about Kerry Collins, who played 10 games, tossed for 1800+ yards, 14 TD's and 8 INT's. And the Titans primary WR? Ken Brit (12 games, 42 recpt, 775 yds, 9 TD's). Was he an upgrade over Moss? Or, was he (Moss) just a "decoy" for a 775 yard WR, or a distraction for a 1300 yrd rusher (Johnson)?

The length of any contract offered to him? Sad that only a 1 year deal offer was the BEST he could do from any team. Think that, perhaps, the NFL caught on to him? Think his 2010 season had anything to do with it? I've said it before,a nd I'll repeat it for you. I don't begrude any player from getting as much money as he can possibly get for his services. It's the owners that have to play it. The best offer he got was a 1 year deal. He opted not to accept it. Guess what? Apparently Moss can't figure it out, and now you, too, seem to have a problem graspoing this situation, but any offer going forward is NOT going to be for multi years, OR for huge money. I'll agree 1000% with you that it's up to Moss to either accept or reject any offer tendered to him.  But, if a 1 year deal is the best offered, then THAT'S his "market value". What he thinks he's worth is no longer a valid issue. He can take it, or stay home. He opted to stay home, saying he's "retiring" from the NFL. (Funny how the league offices have yet to receive his retirement papers, isn't it?). He may want to get a 2 year/$6million deal, but it ain't happening.

Again, why go back to Tennessee or Minnesota IF they had an active interest in retaining his services? You've got two All Pro QB's (despite your disparraging commentary), on new teams, one with a very good defense and some schlep oif a RB named "Peterson". The other is a team in a suddenly winnable division with a RB wannabe named "Johnson". You're absolutely right! He's much better off sitting at home in front of his PlayStation, pretending he's making $7.5million this season than actually being out on the field earing an income. What the hell was I thinking about?????

So now, just WHO looks foolish?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Moss was offered a deal before Ocho.  If you think its impossible for Randy to "walk through that door"  your wrong. 

Moss rejected a 1 year deal.  He wanted multiple because he already proved he could help the team.

To bad for him.. he also proved he wanted to be a diva more than a superbowl champ..

Im not saying its going to happen, im just saying Randy didnt burn a bridge last year seeing how they have already offered him a 1 year before they gave Ocho the 2 or 3 year deal.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss : And you tell me to do some home work... Fact: Moss played on 3 teams in 2010, being traded twice IN SEASON. He played in 8 games (started 4) with the Titans, and produced nothing. He burned his bridge in NE after his famous post game press conference tirade, bringing his contract issue into the forefront. If you deny that BB doesn't negotiate in the press, then maybe you needto start following Pop Warner Football. BB pulled a tremendous deal trading his sorry butt away for MORE than he gave up to get him. Why was that? Because the Vikings were desparate for a WR to help Favre out. Then that perty dish experiment went awry, and he was sent off to Nashville. Nashville saw something in him to TRADE FOR him. No team gives up draft picks to get a player they have no intention of playing. Sorry, Moss played for 3 teams in 1 year, a resume item that no NFL player wants to have.   Be that as it may, who was his QB in Nashville? How about Kerry Collins, who played 10 games, tossed for 1800+ yards, 14 TD's and 8 INT's. And the Titans primary WR? Ken Brit (12 games, 42 recpt, 775 yds, 9 TD's). Was he an upgrade over Moss? Or, was he (Moss) just a "decoy" for a 775 yard WR, or a distraction for a 1300 yrd rusher (Johnson)? The length of any contract offered to him? Sad that only a 1 year deal offer was the BEST he could do from any team. Think that, perhaps, the NFL caught on to him? Think his 2010 season had anything to do with it? I've said it before,a nd I'll repeat it for you. I don't begrude any player from getting as much money as he can possibly get for his services. It's the owners that have to play it. The best offer he got was a 1 year deal. He opted not to accept it. Guess what? Apparently Moss can't figure it out, and now you, too, seem to have a problem graspoing this situation, but any offer going forward is NOT going to be for multi years, OR for huge money. I'll agree 1000% with you that it's up to Moss to either accept or reject any offer tendered to him.  But, if a 1 year deal is the best offered, then THAT'S his "market value". What he thinks he's worth is no longer a valid issue. He can take it, or stay home. He opted to stay home, saying he's "retiring" from the NFL. (Funny how the league offices have yet to receive his retirement papers, isn't it?). He may want to get a 2 year/$6million deal, but it ain't happening. Again, why go back to Tennessee or Minnesota IF they had an active interest in retaining his services? You've got two All Pro QB's (despite your disparraging commentary), on new teams, one with a very good defense and some schlep oif a RB named "Peterson". The other is a team in a suddenly winnable division with a RB wannabe named "Johnson". You're absolutely right! He's much better off sitting at home in front of his PlayStation, pretending he's making $7.5million this season than actually being out on the field earing an income. What the hell was I thinking about????? So now, just WHO looks foolish?
    Posted by AZPAT

LOL , no you still look foolish.

Sections
Shortcuts