Randy Moss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Re: Randy Moss

Lots of things become fairly well  apparent by week 3-4 so I'm taking that 1% number t'il then...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vacilando. Show Vacilando's posts

I would LOVE to see VINCENT JACKSON at the receiving end of Brady's throws!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

Vincent Jackson is a BEAST!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10. Show mar10's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss:
    Right now who can take the top off the defense?  Ocho, Naw. Branch, Naw. Welker, Naw. Hernandez, Naw.  Price, Naw.  Here we are, a little over one week until regular season and no deep threat.  We can only get away with this for a while and then it comes back to haunt us.  The Pats did great after Moss left but not having a deep threat was a big weakness against the Jets in the playoffs.  Nothing short opened up because there was no threat with the deep ball.  You tell me the deep threat isn't important even as a decoy and I'll tell you that you are crazy.  Just my 2 cents.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

Really?

That was the problem against the Jets?

So Revis needs safety help if Moss goes deep?  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

Really?

That was the problem against the Jets?

So Revis needs safety help if Moss goes deep?  

======================================

I dunno if Revis needs safety help against Moss....But all I know is that was one SWEEEEEEEET one handed snag by Moss, Over Revis....then Revis faked the Hamstring pull so he dont look like he got OWNED lol They still show that catch everytime they talk about Moss on espn.....My shorts move EVERYTIME it comes on...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Randy Moss, I don't see it happening. Maybe, and this is a big maybe and I really hope it doesn't happen, one of our WR's goes down with a season ending injury, then I would be more then happy to see Randy here.

Otherwise, we are good to go. I want to see more balls thrown to Hernandez/Price this year then last. Get them involved more. We all know Ocho will be money when it matters, later in the season. He might not be 100% comfortable in the Pats system until past week 8 and that is OK, as long as he is ready to produce during the post season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

At this point in Randy's career, Revis shouldn't need any safety help to cover Moss. Revis is a great CB, but even great CB's get beat from time to time. That 1 handed snag by Moss was a thing of beauty, but let us not forget the 2 interceptions thrown Randy's way that he didn't battle for in that Jets game.

The Jets beat us for many reasons, some of which come down to playcalling and game management. The Jets applied good pressure and they crowded the middle of the field where you current receiving corps earns their money. Would a deep threat open things up? Probably, but I also think there are other ways to skin this cat.

As ZB said, at this point in time, Price is a better athlete than Moss or Ocho. I would use Price to stretch the field a bit, and a healty dose of Vereen/Ridley/Woodhead out of the backfield, or Edelman and company running screens, or just simply pounding the ball on the ground.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Price is younger and maybe more capable athletically at the moment but to compare him to Moss or Ocho as an athlete is a joke.  It would be great if you were right but look at the other two and their career arks.  Moss might be the most  athletic wide receiver in history.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10. Show mar10's posts

In Response to Re: Randy Moss:
    I would LOVE to see VINCENT JACKSON at the receiving end of Brady's throws!!!
    Posted by Vacilando

... Or how about Lynn Swann or Jerry Rice or Tim Brown or Wes Chandler, or Charle Joyner, or Lance Alworth, or Steve Largent, or Don Hutson!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Do we need Randy?  No.  Would he make the team better and that much more diverse?  Absolutely. 

I wouldn't bring him in now as I don't think we have anyone you could justifyably cut to do so.  If there is a serious injury though, call him up. 

Sections
Shortcuts