Randy Moss's work ethic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

Randy Moss's work ethic

http://draftnasty.com/football/videos/moss-feeling-the-heat-part-one-trailer/

If you haven't seen this, this is how Randy Moss trains. He is probably one of the most well conditioned player. There is no coincident that he is that good for that long. Running deep in the majority of the plays require alot of stamina.

The link was originally posted by ESPN Pats blog.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

Re: Randy Moss's work ethic

In Response to Randy Moss's work ethic:
    http://draftnasty.com/football/videos/moss-feeling-the-heat-part-one-trailer/ If you haven't seen this, this is how Randy Moss trains. He is probably one of the most well conditioned player. There is no coincident that he is that good for that long. Running deep in the majority of the plays require alot of stamina. The link was originally posted by ESPN Pats blog.
    Posted by pochen23

i posted the same thing... you dont last 13 years in the nfl being a "deep threat"(moss is more than that) by not being in tip top shape... i really admire how hard these guys(pro athletes) work

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

its very very hard to believe moss works this hard in the offseason just so he can "take plays off" and "quit on his team"... the media has so much power its sickning... theyve basically painted a horrible picture of 81 by taking his words out of context and harping on mistakes he made in his 20s(who doesnt make mistakes? especially in their 20s) ray lewis is a murderer yet he is celebrated while moss is villified for smoking pot fake mooning and walking off a field with SECONDS left to play and he never "ran over" any meter maid if he did wouldnt he have served some jail time ???... how are you villified for being immature at an immature age???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Eye-openingly impressive.  Really have to respect the work ethic.  To be honest, if he did take an occasional play 'off' it wouldn't bother me, if we define 'off' as giving it less than 100% effort 100% of the time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Sam makes a good point.

These guys are not paid at (or near) the top of their profession unless they can perform. How they prepare themselves to be able to perform at optimum potential may differ from player to player -- but to suggest that one of the most prolific performers at his position in the history of the game is somehow a "slacker" because he isn't open on every play and may not catch every ball is to redefine the word "retarded."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Not a knock on 81, but if some one paid me 9 mil/year and for that I had to train like Rocky everyday, then I would be in awesome shape too. These are pro athletes who makes their living by being the best in what they do. In 81's term, its running like a Cheeta and jumping like a Kangaroo. But I do admire that he is not slacking off and is still respected as one of the most talented WR to ever play the game. He commands double team every play and still puts up pro bowl numbers. He is not like Big Ben and Jamarcus Russell, who gain 30-40 lbs off season and get into trouble. Moss had his share of troubles, but he never served jail time nor was disciplined by NFL. Regarding his attitude, when some one has so much talent, they tend to be a bit eccentric and that is completely OK. I work in a lab setting in an Ivy leage uni and the scientists here are probably top 2% in the world in terms of IQ and knowledge and in this setting I see so many eccentric people. So it is understandable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

Ive seen Randy work out a couple times , on video not in person. If your a real sports/football fan then this shouldnt be a surprise to you. Moss has always worked his azz off. Of coarse there are so many loser football "fans" out there and they think all 81 does is smoke weed and bang on gurls all day. Im a physical therapist and trainer myself so I know when someone is working hard and always try to keep up to date w/ the latest trends/workouts/techniques etc. And Ive heard through a couple people that Moss has always worked hard , Im not just talking about going in the gym and working your legs or shoulders. This guy really does what it takes to be considered a top 5 WR ( I think he was the best WR from 98'-04' ) since he came into the league in 98'. And I love these people that say " if you paid me that much money Id work just as hard or harder ) , yea ok buddy LOL! First off its not the money that allows him to train like a  superfreak , its his talent , drive and born-ready ability. You cant take a regular person off the street and " say heres 10 million dollars , go show me what you got ". You either have it or you dont and if your not already training like freak then someone giving you money isnt going to make you. Im always changing up my workouts from a push/pull , lower/upper body etc , but I always do a circut workouts at least once a week. Most of the time its on the weekend because I only work in the mornings then. If you think you have what it takes try one of my circuts LOL!
     1/2 mile run
     50 pull-ups
     50 deadlifts w/ 145lb 
     100 push-ups
     50 floor-wipers w/ 135lb
     50 box jumps w/ 36' inch box/platform
     50 clean/press w/ 95lbs
     100 sit-ups w/ 25lb weight
     1 minute of crawling renagade pushup/plank's using 15lb dumbells or KB's

You run half a mile then do as many pull-ups as you can , then move on to deadlifts and do as many as you. You move from exercise to exercise doing as many rep's as possible until you reach the set goal.There is no rest between the run and between exercises. For example I always finish my push-ups first , Ill do 50/50 most of the time ( and believe me Im talking about all the up/all the way down push-ups , not "party push-ups" or "banana push-ups") , so when I finish my 100 Im done w/ those. Theres no rest until you finish all exercises , then you can take 45 seconds/90 seconds (LOL if your a girl) and start again until all rep's are finished. And BTW like most circut workouts this one is timed. If you can finish w/in half an hour then your in very good shape. Im sure Im not the only person on here that enjoys pushing himslf and seeing what you have inside. Ive always been into fitness and pushing myself. Believe me Im not sticking my chest out as some tough guy because I am a humble guy and do get humbled by others sometimes. Im just saying , if your not into pushing yourself and seeing what you have inside you , then you wouldnt last a month , even if someone was paying millions a year!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

You know how you can always tell a "humble" guy?

He always makes sure to remind you how humble he is right after he gets done telling you what a badass he is and how much more than you he knows.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

What exactly was wrong w/ me posting one of the circuits I do? And how was I boasting by simply saying here try this , this is a little taste of how elite athletes train. By no means am I  comparing myself to an athlete of Moss' caliber. I am however , a trainer and physical therapist , so Im always keeping up w/ new workouts , exercises , trends , circuits etc. and this is a pretty straight foward circuit workout that is common among all athletes. Ive been working w/ athletes for a couple years now. Im also fortunate enough to have a couple friends that have been training MMA/boxing for for a lot longer and always help me out w/ almost everything I do. So I understand what it takes to help people train and perform at a high level. Im absolutely not the best out there and definately not the strongest guy in the gym , LOL in fact Im probably the weakest among the guys I train w/. I was simply saying that its real easy to say " if I was paid millions of dollars I would train like too" or something to that effect , LOL while typing on your computer. That always kills me , Ill be at a Pats/B's/Celts game and theres always at least one that loves to tell everyone , " If you paid me that type of money Id score 15 TD's too " , LOL or something like that. LOL , No you wouldnt , you have it inside you , thats what makes you train and perform like that. And I was simply saying , heres one of the workouts I do , this is a taste of what its like to train like an athlete ... do you really think you could do this for 15-20 years? Thats not boasting at all. And I have to ask YOU P-MIKE , what type of person reads that and thinks , " Wow this guy thinks he's a badazz , he thinks hes all that ". I would guess its a person that has 4 lips , not 2! I didnt boast about anything in that post , obviously you have a little inferiority complex. So when someone does something as simple as posting a workout you take it as their boasting and sticking out their chest. LMMFAO Wow sux to be you!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Moss is one of several workout warriors on this team. The difference between moss and some of the other Warriors is that he carries his workouts over to game time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

Maritine ... LOL No you didnt. This was the first time I ever posted one of the workouts on this board ... so I have no idea what your talking. And you losers make absolutely no sense at all , its laughable how dumb you sound. Seriously you guys are like girls. All I did was respond to BMADMAX81 when he said that , " Not a knock on 81 , but if some one paid me 9mil/year and for that I had to train like Rocky everyday , then I would be in awesome shape too". LOL And all Im saying is that you always hear people say things like that. Things like , " If you paid me that much I could hit that shot too " or " I would never be out of shape if you paid me that much money" , things to that effect. And all Im saying is that's not true. Sorry , but its not. Athletes dont wake up at 4:30am to run 5/6 miles then go to a crossfit training session where your running/rowing and lifting inbetween because the paid. They do it because thats who they are , they want to be the best and thats what it takes ... thats my point. And I posted one of the circuit workouts I do w/ a couple buddies of mine to give MAX81 an idea of how athletes train. And to say here , this is a little taste of what those guys go through , try this and see if you'll be able to do this 3-4 times a week for 15-20 years. I wasnt sticking my chest out or trying to say that Im a badazz and Im so strong , Im so tough. That is absolutely not me , not even close and your a moron if after reading that post , thats what you take away from it. LMMFAO , but from reading your post its pretty clear you guys are dumb as rocks anyway. Again my point was very simple , but obviously not simple enough for your simple minds. Everytime you go to a game and even on here , doesnt matter what sport and you'll hear someone say something like , " If you paid me 10 million a year to play a sport Id be in better shape than anybody". And Im saying thats not true and thats not why they train so hard. Heres one of the workouts I like to do , this is a sample of a crossfit/circuit workout thats pretty popular among athletes. Try this out and see if you'd be able to do this for 15-20 years in order to get yourself ready to play a highly competitive , highly chardged , extremely fast , hard-hitting sport where some guys out weigh you by 100lb's. Thats not " self boalting " at all , LMMFAO and it would be ridiculous and boasting di ck*head, LOL not " ridiculously and self bloating ". I read the post a couple times and have no problem at all admitting when Im wrong , believe me I dont. I was not wrong here and was not boasting. And its boasting , not bloating you moron. I thought Joey Harrington was going to be stud QB and tear up the league for 10-12 years. I was sure that Mike Williams would end up catching 700-800 balls for 10,000 yards and grab 80-90 TDs. LOL Needless to say I was absolutely wrong and have been many times before. LOL For instance , when I first came on here about a year ago I thought to myself , cool heres a place where I can come for some outside the box thinking and intelligent discussion. LMMFAO , man was I wrong , this place is anything but that. Id say about 80-90% of the people on here know absolutely nothing about sports. All anybody could talk about this offseason was the fact that we had no pass rush. My 11 y/o nephew could have told me that after watching half a game of the Pats this past year. As if we had a pass rush all of a sudden our tackling would improve , we'd take better angles chasing down players and J.W. would have only given up 19 TDs instead of 20. Other people on here will put you on their " list " if you have anything bad to say about the Pats or question BB. Other guys on here remind me of 7-8 y/o's that have a secret boys club and only they know whats going on , only they know football. Ive seen a bunch of people that know what their talking about and seem like cool people. And Ive seen a couple other nice people on here that got chased off because they had the nerve to question BB's methods or disagree w/ one of you geniuses. LOL I really cant believe some of you took issue w/ the fact that I posted a workout on here , LOL seriously ... a workout. And you have a problem w/ what exactly? Im sorry , but Im going to state the obvious here and say some of you have a real inferiority complex. Im sorry , but its extremely clear , theres nothing that I actually said that wasnt humble. It was just the fact that I posted a workout and since you losers wear velcro sneakers and probably have the coordination of a brick wall. LOL It really must su ck being someone that has a problem w/ someone else because of the fact that they happen to be P.T. and a trainer , so they know what it takes to train and perform at a high level. You guys are sad and the reason why this place is the way it is and why so many people dont want to come on here. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

Yea sorry I dont spend some more time on the 'net. And sorry , I guess for being under the age of 50 and able to stay up past Law and Order and still be able to get up for work ... which apparently you dont have to do if your on a sports site at 8:30am ... living off that old 401K I see. And all you have to do is actually read my post and you'll see that I did no such thing in comparing myself to an Elite athlete like the " superfreak " , I was comparing my workouts to one. Its really not that hard to understand , unless you spend 7 hours a day on Boston.com. There are plenty of people out there that are stronger , fatser , quicker etc than even elite athletes , but dont have the functional skill to play a sport like football , basketball etc. And Im sorry , but I still cant believe that by simply posting a WORKOUT you loser would get that upset. LOL Again , that can happen to you when you spend 7 hours a day on Boston.com. All I was saying was , hey  heres a little taste of what you might expect ... heres a little sample , try this and see if you could picture yourself doing this for the next 15 years. I guess it takes a simple question to disrupt simple minds!

Sections
Shortcuts