Randy! Randy! Randy! Randy! Randy!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: Randy! Randy! Randy! Randy! Randy!

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In response to antibody's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I think this is Babe abusing his erectile dysfunction meds.

Very Rustylike of you to say.

You really aren't all that bright, are you?

No, he's not.  He's a paranoid schizophrenic who thinks anybody who disagrees with him is Rusty.  Welcome to the club.  It's an honor to join forces.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you. The honor is all mine. Cool

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to pcmIV's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You have no facts to negate Moss.

The last time Randy exceeded 450 yards in a season was 2009.  How is that for a fact?  You can spin it however you want, but that's all it is at this point.  Spin.

[/QUOTE]

LOL. You're the spinner. How hard will it be to knock this one out of the park? Not very.

So in 2010 he had 3 TDs in 3 starts for the Pats. Got traded to dysfunctional MN and basically crapped on them. Got claimed by TN, God only knows why, and was barely used.

Sat out a year because he didn't like the offers. (How many yards should he have gotten when he didn't play?)

Had 3 TDs in 2 starts with the 9ers (though he was used sparingly).

I see no facts there that say Randy cannot play the game at a still formidable level.

What I see here is only football babble with no substance to back it up.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe he was used sparingly and barely started any games over the past 3 years because, um, idk, he’s not that good anymore?  He’s a shell of himself.  He ain’t coming back and he will be lucky to get a contract this upcoming season.  

[/QUOTE]

Duh, maybe, um, idk, he was never signed with a prominemt role in mind and there were other people already in place so he was simply insurance?

[/QUOTE]

That is rich.  So, what you're saying is that he's not good enough to outplay the people ahead of him on the depth chart.  Thanks for proving my point.  

And you claim that others spin... LMAO@U

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

No, he's not.  He's a paranoid schizophrenic who thinks anybody who disagrees with him is Rusty.  Welcome to the club.  It's an honor to join forces.

[/QUOTE]

No Rusty. I just think people who use Rusty's tactics are a dead giveaway. I have disagreements with many here, but virtually none of them resort to the age, job, meds and education slam tactics that are characteristic of Rusty and his fakes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Guaranteed, brighter than you.

OOOooo, OOOwww! You wound me with your caustic wit, sir. Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Nah, Babe just really likes Moss. Can't blame him, Moss was great for the first 2.5 years he was here then he fell off the wagon completely. We all have our favorite players but when they are gone we have to learn to let go after a greiving period.

[/QUOTE]

You have no facts to negate Moss, just as you have no facts to negate Tebow. It's simply football babble.

[/QUOTE]

First 2.5 years with the Pats >3000yrds and >40 TD's

Starting in 2010 (including with the Pats) <900yrds 8TD's

Jenkins 2012:   40rec, 449yrds, 2 TDs

Moss 2012: 28rec, 434yrds, 3 TDs

Moss is closer to Jenkins at this point in his career then he is even Moss of 09' and Jenkins is on the roster bubble going into camp. I'm going to say that the facts are Moss is not nearly the player you think he is and is at best a #4/5 WR at this point in his career.

As for Tebow... his career stats are comparable to Sanchez, who he couldn't even pass on the roster during arguably Sanchez's worst year. I'm going to say, Tebow's not a very good QB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

That is rich.  So, what you're saying is that he's not good enough to outplay the people ahead of him on the depth chart.  Thanks for proving my point.  

If a team has good young guys they aren't apt to play the old guy on a 1 year contract even if he is a bit better. Duh. Learn the game junior.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Nah, Babe just really likes Moss. Can't blame him, Moss was great for the first 2.5 years he was here then he fell off the wagon completely. We all have our favorite players but when they are gone we have to learn to let go after a greiving period.

[/QUOTE]

You have no facts to negate Moss, just as you have no facts to negate Tebow. It's simply football babble.

[/QUOTE]

Moss is closer to Jenkins at this point in his career then he is even Moss of 09' and Jenkins is on the roster bubble going into camp. I'm going to say that the facts are Moss is not nearly the player you think he is and is at best a #4/5 WR at this point in his career.

As for Tebow... his career stats are comparable to Sanchez, who he couldn't even pass on the roster during arguably Sanchez's worst year. I'm going to say, Tebow's not a very good QB.

[/QUOTE]

PE, are you trying to tell me Randy got a similar number of snaps from 2010 until now that he got in his first 2.5 years with the Pats? Are you saying he was utilized in the same way during those two periods?

And Tebow's stats are much more like Luck's than Sanches'.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Guaranteed, brighter than you.

OOOooo, OOOwww! You wound me with your caustic wit, sir. Laughing

Just stating facts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

OK. Bring back Randy. Why not? Sure he'd come at a discount price.  What is it 70 or so days till the season starts? I don't have a direct line to BB- but  we just may see ghosts of Pat's past in the mix on offense this season.  McD and BB will earn their salary this year. Will be interesting.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

If a team has good young guys they aren't apt to play the old guy on a 1 year contract even if he is a bit better. Duh. Learn the game junior.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, because Nate Washington, Damien Williams, Bernard Berrian, Mario Manningham and Ted Ginn Jr. are all "good young guys."  

If Randy was even just half as talented as he used to be, coaches would have played him over these JAGs.  They didn't.  Why?  Because Randy just isn't that good anymore.  A coach's number 1 job is to win games.  They didn't refuse to play Randy because he's "an old guy on a 1 year contract."

Randy was so good in 2011 that not even one NFL team decided to offer him a vet-minimum contract.

Keep spinning, "senior" citizen.  LMAO@U

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to darwk's comment:

OK. Bring back Randy. Why not? Sure he'd come at a discount price.  What is it 70 or so days till the season starts? I don't have a direct line to BB- but  we just may see ghosts of Pat's past in the mix on offense this season.  McD and BB will earn their salary this year. Will be interesting.

I don't see the downside of giving it a whirl under the circumstances.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to darwk's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't see the downside of giving it a whirl under the circumstances.

[/QUOTE]

Agree.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

As most know around here I am a huge Randy Moss fan, but as much as I hate to say it, Randy Moss is done.  I didn't like the play in the SB last year where he didn't even try and go up and get that pass that was thrown high and behind him, which ended up being intercepted.  He didn't even try.  Maybe I could give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he thought the pass was intended for someone else (and no, not the defender).

I don't think it will happen but if he did come back I wouldn't be mad about it.  Put him out to stretch the field, maybe he could do that and even score some TD's in the process.  Being able to stretch the field is something that has been needed here since he left.  But at this time, I don't see it happening or really being much of an option to do so.

I still think they should bring in Dallas Clark and have another look at him, even think about bringing Lloyd back.  I would be happy with one of these two moves and even better with both of them here. 

Or what the heck, just really shake things up and go out and make a huge blockbluster trade with someone!

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

So in 2010 he had 3 TDs in 3 starts for the Pats. Got traded to dysfunctional MN and basically crapped on them. Got claimed by TN, God only knows why, and was barely used.

Sat out a year because he didn't like the offers. (How many yards should he have gotten when he didn't play?)

I see no facts there that say Randy cannot play the game at a still formidable level.

This is the definition of spin.  He would have put up better numbers if he had stayed on the Pats or if he had been picked up by a team that wasn't dysfunctional or if he had been used as a full time receiver.  No facts, just hypotheticals.

Have you conisdered that maybe he wasn't used as a full time player because he isn't what he once was?  It's not like they had a murderer's row of receivers over there in SF besides Crabtree.  You must think Harbaugh and Roman are the worst HC and OC combo in the NFL since they barely used an impact player like Moss.  The fact that SF  has demonstrated ZERO interest in Moss after Crabtree blew up his achilles speaks volumes of what they think of his prospects as a full time player over there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No Rusty. I just think people who use Rusty's tactics are a dead giveaway. I have disagreements with many here, but virtually none of them resort to the age, job, meds and education slam tactics that are characteristic of Rusty and his fakes.

[/QUOTE]

So, just because I recognize the fact that you are a hate filled cranky old curmudgeon, you automatically assume that I'm Griswold?

Like I said. Not very bright.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

PE, are you trying to tell me Randy got a similar number of snaps from 2010 until now that he got in his first 2.5 years with the Pats? Are you saying he was utilized in the same way during those two periods?

And Tebow's stats are much more like Luck's than Sanches'.

[/QUOTE]

I'm saying he didn't deserve as many snaps because they didn't give it to him. If he deserved more snaps don't you think they would have given it to him, provided he could give the same production as 07-09'?

As for Tebow actually Snachez has closer stats to Tebow than Luck. But, that's not the best comparison truthfully. JaMarcus Russell is the closer comparison.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, because Nate Washington, Damien Williams, Bernard Berrian, Mario Manningham and Ted Ginn Jr. are all "good young guys."  

If Randy was even just half as talented as he used to be, coaches would have played him over these JAGs.  They didn't.  Why?  Because Randy just isn't that good anymore.  A coach's number 1 job is to win games.  They didn't refuse to play Randy because he's "an old guy on a 1 year contract."

Randy was so good in 2011 that not even one NFL team decided to offer him a vet-minimum contract.

Keep spinning, "senior" citizen.  LMAO@U

[/QUOTE]

No. I'm, LMAO@U!

Crabtree is 25 and Manningham is 26 on the 9ers. Randy was signed agreeing he was a fill in (and an insurance policy). Learn the game dumbkoff.

Right, nobody had an interest in 2011 but they did in 2012 when he had been out of the game for a year? Good point Einstein.

Randy had offers in 2011 goofball. It was reported the Pats made him an offer.

Pounding you into the ground like a tent peg is as easy as falling off a log.

Oh, and thanks for proving my point about you Rusty, with the age crack at the end. What a dope you are.

[/QUOTE]

Obviously you aren't bright enough to detect that the "senior citizen" remark was in response to your childish "junior" rantings.  Also, you have called me a "college twit" several times in the past.  Hypocrite?

1. The pats did not offer him a contract in 2011.  You're a liar.  2. The only team to offer him a contract was the Eagles in August AFTER he had retired because NOBODY wanted him.  3. Your spin about Manningham, et al are nothing more than that.  A spin.  Manningham is nothing special and if Randy was even a fraction of his old self, he would have started on a SUPER BOWL team over Mario.  I doubt Jim said, "hmm, I have a Super Bowl caliber roster and a receiver that is better than our current starter, but I'm not going to start him purely because Randy is old and Mario is young."  Brilliant logic, buddy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

This is the definition of spin.  He would have put up better numbers if he had stayed on the Pats or if he had been picked up by a team that wasn't dysfunctional or if he had been used as a full time receiver.  No facts, just hypotheticals.

Have you conisdered that maybe he wasn't used as a full time player because he isn't what he once was?  It's not like they had a murderer's row of receivers over there in SF besides Crabtree.  You must think Harbaugh and Roman are the worst HC and OC combo in the NFL since they barely used an impact player like Moss.  The fact that SF  has demonstrated ZERO interest in Moss after Crabtree blew up his achilles speaks volumes of what they think of his prospects as a full time player over there.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Don't expect Babe to comprehend this and concede defeat on the topic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've gone over this nonsense already. I'll go slow.

Randy in 2010 was a lost year.

He had 3 TDs in 3 games with the Pats.

The MN stop was a fiasco that proved nothing about his ability.

And at TN they simply didn't use him. (Former Titans receivers coach Fred Graves - “I just don’t think we gave him a chance,”)

He didn't play in 2011 (despite offers).

With the 9ers in 2012 he signed knowing he was just a fill in and agreed to that. They weren't interested in sitting capable 20 something year olds with that offense for an aging receiver. Fine, they were clear about that.

None of this is spin. These are all facts.

There are no facts proving that Randy can't be a significant contributor to a team at WR. As always I scoff at the BS most fans like to offer as football knowledge. Maybe Randy is washed up. But there is no proof whatsoever that this is the case. It's just fans blabbering nonsense as if it was football knowledge. Happens here, day in, day out.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Yeah, this is a bring Randy back thread. What do we have to lose? The WR corps is even more of a shamble than it was last year.

Babe, this is the purest of Troll recipes. Go ahead, I should know, right? Well, since you say so, I do! This is plainly a waste of everybody's time. Randy Moss was more than done before he left last time. Nap time????

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Don't expect Babe to comprehend this and concede defeat on the topic.

[/QUOTE]

What don't you understand about Randy being signed as a backup with the 9ers Rusty?

He had the 3rd most catches for a WR on a team that had the 2nd fewest pass attempts in the whole league.

He had 9.6% of the 9ers catches last year compared to Gronk having 13.5% of ours and Hernandez having 12.6%. Hardly enough difference to deserve the dumb spin he gets from some here.

You lose yet again dumbkoff. Facts just destroy you.

Funny how Rusty talks also in terms of "conceding defeat", ain't it? LMAO@U (Change it up dumbkoff, it's too obvious)

[/QUOTE]

You're not going to respond to my most recent post that exposed your previous reply to me?  Another brilliant spin job by you, dumbkoff.  LMAO@U patsfan1966

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

Yeah, this is a bring Randy back thread. What do we have to lose? The WR corps is even more of a shamble than it was last year.

What a sad state of affairs to be considering Randy Moss at this point in his career.  If Randy or Lloyd were to re-sign then it only solidifies that Kraft needs to get involved and take away some personell decisions from BB and bring in a real GM.

Since you're never hesitant to criticize BB's personnel moves, what do you suggest the offseason moves be?  What would you have done differently?  What would you do from here on out?  Now I want players' names, cap figures, etc.  Don't dodge the question.  If you're going to criticize, provide your opinion of what should happen with the team if you had the GM duties.

Sections
Shortcuts