Ranking NFL Teams by age

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

Ranking NFL Teams by age

I was reading the NY section of ESPN this morning and there was mention of this article written by Jimmy Kempski from Philly.com. I thought it interesting that Patriots are younger than the Jets yet the Jets are considered a team in the rebuilding stages. Here's the link and enjoy!

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/red_zone/Ranking-NFL-teams-by-age-Rams-youngest-team-in-the-NFL-Raiders-oldest.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Ranking NFL Teams by age

Gotta love that the Pats are one of the younger teams in the league and yet remain a perennial contender.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gotta love that the Pats are one of the younger teams in the league and yet remain a perennial contender.

[/QUOTE]

With an aging QB. At his retirement, the age factor will not be a factor. You lose your best player and BB will be walking out the door hand in hand with TB. Doesn't want to affect his winning %, though stats are for losers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

With an aging QB. At his retirement, the age factor will not be a factor. You lose your best player and BB will be walking out the door hand in hand with TB. Doesn't want to affect his winning %, though stats are for losers.

[/QUOTE]

If I was BB I'd be walking out the door with TB also. But everything I've read BB has no plans on retiring anytime soon which has more decisions to be made for guys like Nick Caserio and Josh McDaniels.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

God Bless Tom Brady because this glorious football world we've been living in since Mo Lewis made BB great, will end the day Tom Brady is done.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

God Bless Tom Brady because this glorious football world we've been living in since Mo Lewis made BB great, will end the day Tom Brady is done.

[/QUOTE]
    Agree. I basically said that to a lot of people after they won the 1st Super Bowl back in 2001 and that's basically because of all the lean years we had to live through to get to that point. So it's been a great ride watching the BB and TB team put together one of the best runs in NFL history.

Hopefully there's more to come!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Well this list shows me that team age does't have much to do with success over the coarse of a season or who gets into the playoffs. Not saying I want them at the bottom of the list, but I'd be more interested in a list that compiles the injuries of all the regular starters for each team to see how teams are ranked. Maybe a pattern would emerge over what teams can handle injuries better.

As far as this team being young, youth mixed with vets is always the best way to go. But in the modern NFL, it's a young mans game at many positions now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Not so sure BB is gone when TB retires. Didn't he replace him with a QB that had not played since high school and win 11 games one year? There is something to be said about the system.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

If you're going to have oldsters bumping up your team's average age, let it be the starting quarterback, the kicker and maybe the punter. The QB is 37 and that really skews the average.  Fortunately Brady can lose a step and nobody will know the difference, because he's already dead last in the NFL in percentage of rollout passes attempted.  The kicker is 30, skewing the average, but fortunately Ghost doesn't have to tackle anybody on field goals, on extra points and on most of his extra-long kickoffs. Adam Vinatieri is age 41 and still kicking the can with the Colts.  The punter is 24. Removing the QB and the kicker, the other 51 Patriots players have an average age of 25.46, sixth in the NFL, almost tied for fifth.

The Jets are about average.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's what a Tom Brady will do for you... keep you condending while the rest of your team is average.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Time will tell.