RANKING THE AFC EAST...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradyslady12. Show bradyslady12's posts

RANKING THE AFC EAST...

1. N.E. (no brainer!!!!)
    2. Miami
    3.buffalo
    4.n.y. jet's

IN B.B. WE TRUST!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Re: RANKING THE AFC EAST...

I'll agree with that

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Well lets see what possible scenario's determine the ranking,Tom Brady is back with additional weapons,the Patriots upgraded their secondary. The Bills are my choice for second place with the wide receiver position and overall team defense being my determining factors,I would rank the Jets as a distant 3rd place finisher because just because Ryan isn't here to kiss the SuperBowl rings on the hand of BB,he will be doing just that if he ever expects to see another ring,the dolphins are pathetic they are going to rehybrid the Wildcat offense with the addition of Pat White,Whoopie!!!! After everyone in the division beats them the first time around they will abandon that ridiculous offense!!!!AFC Player of the Year Tom Brady!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDoItchBig. Show DrDoItchBig's posts

I'd put Buffalo at the bottom, a new receiver to throw to in the wind won't help your record much.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Green New Jersey will be better than the Dolphins . . .

Of course, that's like saying being shot in the head is better than being shot in the stomach.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Patriots 13-3
    Dolphins 10-6
    Jests 8-8
    Bills 7-9

And I reserve the right to update...depending on how well Sanchez handles the pros. The Jests could very well be a 6-10 team. The Dolphins may well fall a bit as well, but Parcells knows what he's doing and I like Sporano as a coach. They'll have them motivated. As for the Bills, I just don't see TO making that much of a difference. Edwards seems to wear out as the season goes along. And if he cannot get Owens the ball, there will be trouble. Not to mention they have issues on the O-line. I'm also being conservative with NE's 13-3. I still can't see anyone really challenging them in the division as long as Brady is there at QB.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

In Response to Re: RANKING THE AFC EAST...:
    [QUOTE]Patriots 13-3 Dolphins 10-6 Jests 8-8 Bills 7-9 And I reserve the right to update...depending on how well Sanchez handles the pros. The Jests could very well be a 6-10 team. The Dolphins may well fall a bit as well, but Parcells knows what he's doing and I like Sporano as a coach. They'll have them motivated. As for the Bills, I just don't see TO making that much of a difference. Edwards seems to wear out as the season goes along. And if he cannot get Owens the ball, there will be trouble. Not to mention they have issues on the O-line. I'm also being conservative with NE's 13-3. I still can't see anyone really challenging them in the division as long as Brady is there at QB.
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

Bingo. No way in hell that the Jets get past their average play in 1 year. They now have no WR outside who can handle one of our corners nows.

The Bills-Average team who just added a elite WR. Heres the thing though when you have a QB who isnt used to playing in the cold and doesnt like the cold we have a problem. Trent Edwards is going to want to get Owens the ball and often but with a young kid hes going to play alot of risk ball and thats going to cost them games. I like Jauron alot but hes a very average coach. 7-9 the past couple seasons its going to happen again this year.

Miami-They have "Imrpoved" their secondary apparently and honestly they added average corners and expecting that front 7 to keep them in games. Well thats not going to happen. The Pats caught on to the wildcat so that garbage isnt happening again. Then you have the fact that Cassel once he was in a groove torching their D. Yeah im calling a sweep of the Dolphins this year.

Jets-All talk but they havent done jack yet. Like I said above they have no WR who would challenge the Pats deep. Yes im saying Cotchery isnt that good. Then we have the fact that they are going to 100% go behind a rookie QB and a defense that honestly will not improve by a huge margin.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

1.  Miami -they're the champs so give them their due. 
    2.  Pats -we do better as the underdog anyway.
    3.  Jets - better than the Bills doesn't say much
    4.  Bills - who is their left tackle?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rimfire. Show Rimfire's posts

MIghty,

Sorry, but I agree with those who think the Dolphins may take a step backward (slightly--I do think they are a good team and are improving overall).  I think the Pats win the division and the Dolphins are second-based on two things.  The first is the return of Tom Brady to the Pats and our improved secondary and the second is the fact the Dolphins got at least one win (our first game against them when they unveiled the wildcat gimick) and possibly one or two others using it.  The Pats (among others) have already solved that problem and it won't take anyone by surprise as it did last year.  Plus their schedule will be tougher this year.  This isn't to take anything away from the Dolphin players--even the year before when their record was so awful they lost a lot of close games and played reasonably well (given the circumstances).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Throwing out records here

1. Pats 13-3 - TB is back plus the team should be healthier overall than last year
    2. Phins  9-7  - Wildcat year two won't be as successful
    3. Bills    7-9  - Mediocre team all around Owens will flame out the 2nd half of the season
    4. Jets   7-9  - Team will almost be a mirror opposites of last season, predicting a bad start but good finish as they learn a new system

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Pats are still the kings of this div, whether the phins won the div last year or not so we clearly get the top spot. I dont think the Phins will have the same kind of season this year so they might finish 2nd or 3rd and the Jets will be better then we think and could be the 2nd or 3rd team as well. But we are all in agreement that the Bills wont push for anything except last place.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

There's an argument for the Fins, Bills and Jests for ending up last

The Fins have to play a first place team's schedule this season so I definately see them with less wins than last year. Much has been made of the improvements made to there secondary but if they can't get to the QB or stop the run that's a moot point.

Nobody knows what the addition of TO to the Bills will bring. Will he be his usual 'me first' self and ride the QB to throw him the ball every play then rant when he doesn't get his throws per game? Will he be able to even function in the Buffalo winter weather. Then there's always the fact that the Bills disappoint every season despite looking good at the beginning.

The Jests still remain an NFL team without an NFL quality QB and they still have one of the sorriest front offices in the league. Their defense may improve but losing 17 to 10 is no different than losing 40 to 10

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]Green New Jersey will be better than the Dolphins . . . Of course, that's like saying being shot in the head is better than being shot in the stomach.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Isn't the quick death better than the slow painful one?

A quote from the world's greatest philosophers.....

"Would you rather have your head cut off or be burned at the steak" Moe

"Burned at the steak. Better a hot steak than a cold chop" Curly

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

1) Patriots

The rest are pretty much equal but Miami will have the first place schedule so I'll go.

2) Jets
    3) Bills
    4) Miami

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

I think the division is pretty good this year. Every team could end up 8-8 or better.

All of these teams have strong rushing attacks, and I worry about our interior run defense.

They all also drafted and arranged their rosters with the Patriots in mind, even though I think we'll place first in the division.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Until we win the division this year, Miami is the champion of the division, so we are in second place fighting for first and I think we got a good shot of kickin ol' Parcels out of first place. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

[QUOTE]Until we win the division this year, Miami is the champion of the division, so we are in second place fighting for first and I think we got a good shot of kickin ol' Parcels out of first place. 
    Posted by themightypatriots[/QUOTE]

I think that only applies to Power Rankings. lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

1) Patriots (14-2)
    2) Dolphins (8-8)
    3) Bills (6-10)
    4) Jets (6-10)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Pats: 16-0
    Bills: 4-12
    Dolphins:2-14
    Jets: 0-16

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

1.  Miami -they're the champs so give them their due.

Maybe they won last year, but I thought this thread was supposed to be predictions of how it will pan out in 09.

Jets-All talk but they havent done jack yet. Like I said above they have no WR who would challenge the Pats deep. Yes im saying Cotchery isnt that good. Then we have the fact that they are going to 100% go behind a rookie QB and a defense that honestly will not improve by a huge margin.

Though I do think the Jests will improve on defense, they still have to face Moss/Welker and TO/Evans in four of their games. Them starting a rookie at QB is also going to be a handicap. Sanchez only started something like 15 games in college, so he may be in for a rude awakening. Especially with their seeming lack of quality WRs. He better have his head screwed on straight, too. If they start losing the press in NY will eat him alive, and he will have to deal with that. I'm thinking Ryan plans to win with defense like he did in Baltimore. But he doesn't have near the talent, and it will take a while for them to get the kinks worked out. If Sanchez does tank I could see them going 4-12 and finishing behind the Bills.

The Fins have to play a first place team's schedule this season so I definately see them with less wins than last year.

The "first place schedule" only involves two games. The only difference in the Patriots and the Dolphins shcedules are that Miami will play the Chargers and Steelers, while NE plays the Broncos and Ravens. Since they play both the AFC and NFC south instead of the west, both teams will have tougher schedules this season.

Nobody knows what the addition of TO to the Bills will bring. Will he be his usual 'me first' self and ride the QB to throw him the ball every play then rant when he doesn't get his throws per game?

Traditionally, Owens is relatively well behaved in his first season on a team (probably why the Bills gave him a one-year deal). But you may be correct that he will get frustrated. Though I'm sure Edwards will try to get him the ball as much as he can, that may be a problem. They got rid of their LT and didn't replace him. Also Edwards tends to "fade" late in the season. We well could see TO start his jawing in December. Even if he has a great year, the Bills are still a mediocre team, and one WR won't be that big a difference.

All of these teams have strong rushing attacks, and I worry about our interior run defense.

Buffalo may be in trouble if Lynch is suspended. The key for NE is Guyton, IMO. He needs to step up so they can keep AD on the outside. And if Brady can get back in the groove, teams will likely have to go to the air rather than grinding it out on the ground. Limiting the big breakout runs (better tackling at the second level), and red zone defense (at which they were awful last season) will be key to their success.

1) Patriots (14-2)
    2) Dolphins (8-8)
    3) Bills (6-10)
    4) Jets (6-10)

This could very well happen, too. But I'd have to give it a +/- 3 game "tolerance" (well, with NE getting a "+2/-3"). I honestly think the Fins will do better than 8-8, but we'll see. In any case, I cannot see the Patriots not winning the division as long as Brady is healthy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]Until we win the division this year, Miami is the champion of the division, so we are in second place fighting for first and I think we got a good shot of kickin ol' Parcels out of first place. 
    Posted by themightypatriots[/QUOTE]

TWho cares what the fins did last year? That was then, this is now. They don't give out rings for winning divisions. Last year means nothing, espcially, as the man pointed out, last year's fins record clearly included several fluke wins by use of their gimmick formations. That's not goign to happen this year. More importantly, TB is back and the pats defense has improved big time. I see the pats sweeping the AFC east., in what will probably be their 6 easiest games all year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]Pats: 16-0 Bills: 4-12 Dolphins:2-14 Jets: 0-16
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]

I cannot totally agree. The Dolphins should win one more out of division games to go 3-13. Sanchz should get lucky once, so Jets at 1-15.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

NE 12-4(IF Brady is healthy..your assuming alot here people)
    Miami 10-6 They will be better than last year on both sides of the ball. JT will have an impact. Everybody on this board wishes he came to NE. Their schedule is tough but they will be in the wildcard race.
    Buffalo 8-8
    Jets 6-10

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from triplexv1. Show triplexv1's posts

PATRIOTS 12-4
    DOLPHINS 10-6
    JETS 9-7
    BILLS6-10
    VERY TOUGH SCHEDULE FOR THE PATS THIS YEAR,SUSPECT D ONCE AGAIN

Sections
Shortcuts