RANKING THE AFC EAST...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from triplexv1. Show triplexv1's posts

Re: RANKING THE AFC EAST...

In Response to Re: RANKING THE AFC EAST...:
    [QUOTE]1.  Miami -they're the champs so give them their due. Maybe they won last year, but I thought this thread was supposed to be predictions of how it will pan out in 09. Jets-All talk but they havent done jack yet. Like I said above they have no WR who would challenge the Pats deep. Yes im saying Cotchery isnt that good. Then we have the fact that they are going to 100% go behind a rookie QB and a defense that honestly will not improve by a huge margin. Though I do think the Jests will improve on defense, they still have to face Moss/Welker and TO/Evans in four of their games. Them starting a rookie at QB is also going to be a handicap. Sanchez only started something like 15 games in college, so he may be in for a rude awakening. Especially with their seeming lack of quality WRs. He better have his head screwed on straight, too. If they start losing the press in NY will eat him alive, and he will have to deal with that. I'm thinking Ryan plans to win with defense like he did in Baltimore. But he doesn't have near the talent, and it will take a while for them to get the kinks worked out. If Sanchez does tank I could see them going 4-12 and finishing behind the Bills. The Fins have to play a first place team's schedule this season so I definately see them with less wins than last year. The "first place schedule" only involves two games. The only difference in the Patriots and the Dolphins shcedules are that Miami will play the Chargers and Steelers, while NE plays the Broncos and Ravens. Since they play both the AFC and NFC south instead of the west, both teams will have tougher schedules this season. Nobody knows what the addition of TO to the Bills will bring. Will he be his usual 'me first' self and ride the QB to throw him the ball every play then rant when he doesn't get his throws per game? Traditionally, Owens is relatively well behaved in his first season on a team (probably why the Bills gave him a one-year deal). But you may be correct that he will get frustrated. Though I'm sure Edwards will try to get him the ball as much as he can, that may be a problem. They got rid of their LT and didn't replace him. Also Edwards tends to "fade" late in the season. We well could see TO start his jawing in December. Even if he has a great year, the Bills are still a mediocre team, and one WR won't be that big a difference. All of these teams have strong rushing attacks, and I worry about our interior run defense. Buffalo may be in trouble if Lynch is suspended. The key for NE is Guyton, IMO. He needs to step up so they can keep AD on the outside. And if Brady can get back in the groove, teams will likely have to go to the air rather than grinding it out on the ground. Limiting the big breakout runs (better tackling at the second level), and red zone defense (at which they were awful last season) will be key to their success. 1) Patriots (14-2) 2) Dolphins (8-8) 3) Bills (6-10) 4) Jets (6-10) This could very well happen, too. But I'd have to give it a +/- 3 game "tolerance" (well, with NE getting a "+2/-3"). I honestly think the Fins will do better than 8-8, but we'll see. In any case, I cannot see the Patriots not winning the division as long as Brady is healthy.
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from triplexv1. Show triplexv1's posts

[QUOTE]1.  Miami -they're the champs so give them their due. Maybe they won last year, but I thought this thread was supposed to be predictions of how it will pan out in 09. Jets-All talk but they havent done jack yet. Like I said above they have no WR who would challenge the Pats deep. Yes im saying Cotchery isnt that good. Then we have the fact that they are going to 100% go behind a rookie QB and a defense that honestly will not improve by a huge margin. Though I do think the Jests will improve on defense, they still have to face Moss/Welker and TO/Evans in four of their games. Them starting a rookie at QB is also going to be a handicap. Sanchez only started something like 15 games in college, so he may be in for a rude awakening. Especially with their seeming lack of quality WRs. He better have his head screwed on straight, too. If they start losing the press in NY will eat him alive, and he will have to deal with that. I'm thinking Ryan plans to win with defense like he did in Baltimore. But he doesn't have near the talent, and it will take a while for them to get the kinks worked out. If Sanchez does tank I could see them going 4-12 and finishing behind the Bills. The Fins have to play a first place team's schedule this season so I definately see them with less wins than last year. The "first place schedule" only involves two games. The only difference in the Patriots and the Dolphins shcedules are that Miami will play the Chargers and Steelers, while NE plays the Broncos and Ravens. Since they play both the AFC and NFC south instead of the west, both teams will have tougher schedules this season. Nobody knows what the addition of TO to the Bills will bring. Will he be his usual 'me first' self and ride the QB to throw him the ball every play then rant when he doesn't get his throws per game? Traditionally, Owens is relatively well behaved in his first season on a team (probably why the Bills gave him a one-year deal). But you may be correct that he will get frustrated. Though I'm sure Edwards will try to get him the ball as much as he can, that may be a problem. They got rid of their LT and didn't replace him. Also Edwards tends to "fade" late in the season. We well could see TO start his jawing in December. Even if he has a great year, the Bills are still a mediocre team, and one WR won't be that big a difference. All of these teams have strong rushing attacks, and I worry about our interior run defense. Buffalo may be in trouble if Lynch is suspended. The key for NE is Guyton, IMO. He needs to step up so they can keep AD on the outside. And if Brady can get back in the groove, teams will likely have to go to the air rather than grinding it out on the ground. Limiting the big breakout runs (better tackling at the second level), and red zone defense (at which they were awful last season) will be key to their success. 1) Patriots (14-2) 2) Dolphins (8-8) 3) Bills (6-10) 4) Jets (6-10) This could very well happen, too. But I'd have to give it a +/- 3 game "tolerance" (well, with NE getting a "+2/-3"). I honestly think the Fins will do better than 8-8, but we'll see. In any case, I cannot see the Patriots not winning the division as long as Brady is healthy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from triplexv1. Show triplexv1's posts

SORRY BUB BUT MIAMI PLAYED THE WEAKEST SCHEDULE OF ANY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE THEY MAY HAVE WON THE DIVISION BUT CHAMPS THEIR NOT.I ALSO BELEIVE WE SAW A PATRIOT TEAM THAT HAD ADJUSTED TO THEIR QB IN THE SECOND CONTEST AND WE SAW EXACTLY WHAT THE FISH WERE MADE OF A BUNCH OF WHINING PRETENDERS AND CHEAP SHOT ARTISTS.JOEY PORTER AND CHANNING CROWDER LEADING THE WAY.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from triplexv1. Show triplexv1's posts

[QUOTE]1.  Miami -they're the champs so give them their due.  2.  Pats -we do better as the underdog anyway. 3.  Jets - better than the Bills doesn't say much 4.  Bills - who is their left tackle?
    Posted by themightypatriots[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from triplexv1. Show triplexv1's posts

THE EXPERTS HAVE ALREADY INSERTED THE PATS AS SB FAVS MIAMI WILL HAVE A VERY DIFFICULT TIME MAKING THE PLAYOFFS AT ALL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Pats: 12-4
    Jets: 10-6
    Dolphins:10-6
    Bills: 5-11 (they have TO. ONCE HE BLOWS UP TEAM WILL GO DOWN FASTER THEN THE tITANIC)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

Mighty, if the Pro's in Vegas and all of the prognosticators don't make predications solely using last years results neither should we. Why would we even bother to make predications?

The Dolphins won the division last year and for that they get respect, but the teams are vastly different right now than they were last year at season's end.

Pats 15-1
    Bills 7-9
    Dolphins 6-10
    Jets 5-11

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I still can't see Miami being a sub-.500 team. They reworked their roster, and finally have a coach that seems like he knows what he's doing. As much as we rag on Pennington, when he's healthy he's a pretty good QB. I don't think the wildcat will be as effective as it was early in 08, but they have some talented guys down there. While I don't think they'll give the Patriots much trouble for the division, I still think they will be better than the Jests or Bills, who both have QB issues. I see them winning 9 or 10 games. Of course, a lot can happen, especially injuries. I believe the 1-15 season was more of a "fluke" than last season's 11-5.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

NE 11-5
    NYJ 9-7
    MIA 8-8
    BUF 4-12

Homefield advantage for SD at 12-4

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

NE 11-5
    NYJ 9-7
    MIA 8-8
    BUF 4-12

Homefield advantage for SD at 12-4

Keep dreaming! I doubt 12-4 will secure the #1 seed...or that SD will get 12 wins. And if the Patriots went 11-5 with Cassel, surely they will win more games with Brady back. Even if the Chargers (by some fluke) did get homefield advantage, unless they can play the Colts twice it will do them no good. Look how well it worked out for them back in 06!!! I only have two words to say about why the Chargers will once again fail in the postseason...Norv Turner!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Oh, and by the way, the Jests winning 9 games with a rookie QB and no receivers???

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]NE 11-5 NYJ 9-7 MIA 8-8 BUF 4-12 Homefield advantage for SD at 12-4
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

And it will be just like the 2006 playoffs all over again.  Have you ever witnessed a loss as stunning as the one the Patriots handed the Chargers?  One of my favorite games of all time. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RANKING THE AFC EAST... : And it will be just like the 2006 playoffs all over again.  Have you ever witnessed a loss as stunning as the one the Patriots handed the Chargers?  One of my favorite games of all time. 
    Posted by newenglanderinexile[/QUOTE]

Since he's a diehard Chargers fan, I expect he's seen his share of heartbreaking playoff losses!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

[QUOTE]NE 12-4(IF Brady is healthy..your assuming alot here people) Miami 10-6 They will be better than last year on both sides of the ball. JT will have an impact. Everybody on this board wishes he came to NE. Their schedule is tough but they will be in the wildcard race. Buffalo 8-8 Jets 6-10
    Posted by perfect72[/QUOTE]

Start of season predictions should be made based on teams being at 100%. Injuries definately happen during the season to anyone at anytime, but to try and predict injuries is simply impossible.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

I normally don't like doing predictions but what the hey

NE 12-4 (tough schedule keeps them from winning more)
    Miami 10-6 (solid team pennington not flashy but gets it done)
    Buffalo 8-8 (trent edwards is ok at qb but will never be a winner)
    Jets 6-10 (rookie qb and poor depth at wr have them with a rebuilding year)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, and by the way, the Jests winning 9 games with a rookie QB and no receivers??? HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while!

yep, that's what they said about ATLANTA last year too. And Sanchez will out do Ryan eventually. Also Rex Ryan is every bit as good as a DC as anybody in football right now. Your DBs will keep things close this year. I dont see much improvement there at all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

So let me get this straight....last year we tied Miami with an 11-5 record without TB. This year we a) have the greatest QB in the league back, b) an improved running game, c) an improved secondary and d) what so far appears to be a very solid draft....and morons are STILL putting Miami at #1 in the AFC east rankings, when most of the major sports sites and Vegas have N.E installed at #1 in the LEAGUE?? I want what you guys are smoking!
    NE: 16-0         Miami:   9-7      Buff.: 7-9      NYJ:  5-11
    NE goes undefeated in the AFC East at 6-0, undefeated in the NFL and have top seed for the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Yea Jbolt, teh Falcons had two former 1st round picks at WR last year for Ryan to throw to. People just thought they s ucked because Mike Vick had made them all look bad for years cause he was a horrible QB. The Jets however have no such talent at WR also Ryan was 5th year senior at Boston College and so was Flacco and Sanchez was an underclassmen and that will make a difference. You want to see the Pats lose so bad that you make stupid comments which in turn make you look stupid. But then again you continue to crown your team the Champs year in and year out before training camp even starst so maybe you are just a dumb sh*t.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RANKING THE AFC EAST... : yep, that's what they said about ATLANTA last year too. And Sanchez will out do Ryan eventually. Also Rex Ryan is every bit as good as a DC as anybody in football right now. Your DBs will keep things close this year. I dont see much improvement there at all.
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

Sanchez is no Ryan. He only started 15 games in college, and came out early. Not to mention the Pac 10 is a lot easier than the ACC! Also Ryan had guys like Jenkins and White to throw to. Sanchez has nobody. The Falcons even had a better running game. I don't think Sanchez is in Matt Ryan's league...at least not yet. As for Rex Ryan, so what if he's a great DC? Many coordinators flop as a HC, especially in their first go at it. Romeo Crennell won three SB rings with NE (and one of the best defenses at that time), yet he bit the big one in Cleveland. There is also the Jests front office to consider. They have been making boneheaded moves for years. Even if Green New Jersey is successful, they still won't overtake NE. Now if they played in the AFC West they might have a shot at the division title...maybe they could squeak by with an 8-8 season!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

New Jets coach in diapers, new QB in Huggies (the small size, not the pull-ups), new offense, new defense, starting linebacker suspended for 4 games.  1 and 5 over the first six games before they grow any teeth.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]Yea Jbolt, teh Falcons had two former 1st round picks at WR last year for Ryan to throw to. People just thought they s ucked because Mike Vick had made them all look bad for years cause he was a horrible QB. The Jets however have no such talent at WR also Ryan was 5th year senior at Boston College and so was Flacco and Sanchez was an underclassmen and that will make a difference. You want to see the Pats lose so bad that you make stupid comments which in turn make you look stupid. But then again you continue to crown your team the Champs year in and year out before training camp even starst so maybe you are just a dumb sh*t.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

Sanchez can manage a game

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RANKING THE AFC EAST... : Sanchez is no Ryan. He only started 15 games in college, and came out early. Not to mention the Pac 10 is a lot easier than the ACC! Also Ryan had guys like Jenkins and White to throw to. Sanchez has nobody. The Falcons even had a better running game. I don't think Sanchez is in Matt Ryan's league...at least not yet. As for Rex Ryan, so what if he's a great DC? Many coordinators flop as a HC, especially in their first go at it. Romeo Crennell won three SB rings with NE (and one of the best defenses at that time), yet he bit the big one in Cleveland. There is also the Jests front office to consider. They have been making boneheaded moves for years. Even if Green New Jersey is successful, they still won't overtake NE. Now if they played in the AFC West they might have a shot at the division title...maybe they could squeak by with an 8-8 season!!!

Sanchez is no Ryan? You're right, he's better.

the jets have the all purpose leader plus Shonn Greene is no slouch. They will seek to manage the clock on offense and pete taught him well to do that at SC.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RANKING THE AFC EAST... : Sanchez is no Ryan. He only started 15 games in college, and came out early. Not to mention the Pac 10 is a lot easier than the ACC!

Also Ryan had guys like Jenkins and White to throw to. Sanchez has nobody. The Falcons even had a better running game. I don't think Sanchez is in Matt Ryan's league...at least not yet. As for Rex Ryan, so what if he's a great DC? Many coordinators flop as a HC, especially in their first go at it. Romeo Crennell won three SB rings with NE (and one of the best defenses at that time), yet he bit the big one in Cleveland. There is also the Jests front office to consider. They have been making boneheaded moves for years. Even if Green New Jersey is successful, they still won't overtake NE. Now if they played in the AFC West they might have a shot at the division title...maybe they could squeak by with an 8-8 season!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Pats: 15-1(one loss needed to stay sharp for superbowl)
    Buffalo 8-8(weak schedule)
    Phins 4-12(Brutal schedule in Sept.  Falcons,Colts, Charger= 0-3 to start)
    Jets 4-12 (ties Miami for last place)