RANKING THE AFC EAST...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Re: RANKING THE AFC EAST...

In Response to Re: RANKING THE AFC EAST...:
    MIghty, Sorry, but I agree with those who think the Dolphins may take a step backward (slightly--I do think they are a good team and are improving overall).  I think the Pats win the division and the Dolphins are second-based on two things.  The first is the return of Tom Brady to the Pats and our improved secondary and the second is the fact the Dolphins got at least one win (our first game against them when they unveiled the wildcat gimick) and possibly one or two others using it.  The Pats (among others) have already solved that problem and it won't take anyone by surprise as it did last year.  Plus their schedule will be tougher this year.  This isn't to take anything away from the Dolphin players--even the year before when their record was so awful they lost a lot of close games and played reasonably well (given the circumstances).
    Posted by Rimfire

I agree, could Miami have beaten both Pittsburgh and the Colts last season?  Because if they couldn't, NE would have been the AFC east champs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I agree, could Miami have beaten both Pittsburgh and the Colts last season?  Because if they couldn't, NE would have been the AFC east champs.

This would not have changed the Fins' record. They lost to both Baltimore and Houston in 08, the teams they played while NE played Indy and Pittsburgh.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

"Sanchez can manage a game" - Jbolt

Yes Jbolt he knows how to manage a game.....in college! Are you really this stupid? Just because a guy can "manage the game" in college does not mean he will do so in the pro's. Matt Lienhart was teh golden boy coming out of USC and he cant even beat out a 38 year old man for the starting job. So your logic is clearly off. As I am sure you know very well ryan leaf was a great college QB who couldnt hack it in the pro's so ones college pedegree has nothing to do with their NFL succsess. Matt Cassel never started a game at USC but yet he is considered by the experts (right now anyway) to be the 12th best QB in all of football mean while Matt Lienhart is riding the bench.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from noncallcity. Show noncallcity's posts

Fun reading the thread.

Pats: 15-1 (The D will be fierce. Plus, I've worn out the undefeated predictions)
    Miami  11-5 (Tuna knows best...good draft)
    Buffalo  9-7 (Good draft, hunger sets in as they beat solid competition)
    NJJ  8-8 (I loved the 0-16 call but talent upgrade kicks in)

This year I think I'll wear a helmet on game days so I don't hurt my head so much. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from akkkhanii. Show akkkhanii's posts

Patriots ---  14-2
    Dolphins ---  11-5
    Bills       ---   8-8
    Jets      ---    6-10

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

1.Pats 2.Bills 3. Phins 4. Jets

the pats offense will be dominte with the additions of Taylor and Galloway, but Brady won't put up record numbers becuase the run game will be great and the bills have the second best one-two recievers in the leuge behind the pats and the Jets coach will hurt them more than he helps

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I agree, could Miami have beaten both Pittsburgh and the Colts last season?  Because if they couldn't, NE would have been the AFC east champs. This would not have changed the Fins' record. They lost to both Baltimore and Houston in 08, the teams they played while NE played Indy and Pittsburgh.
    Posted by bubthegrub2

That's true Bub, but if the Pats played Houston and Baltimore like the phins, I have no doubt NE with Cassel would have beaten at least one of those teams.  Most likley Houston.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dead54. Show Dead54's posts

In Response to Re: RANKING THE AFC EAST... : That's true Bub, but if the Pats played Houston and Baltimore like the phins, I have no doubt NE with Cassel would have beaten at least one of those teams.  Most likley Houston.
    Posted by Grogan77

they would have definately beaten the texans. I believe they were being led by the infamous former dolphin Sage "Tornado Fumble" Rosenfels at that point.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

"Sanchez can manage a game" - Jbolt Yes Jbolt he knows how to manage a game.....in college! Are you really this stupid? Just because a guy can "manage the game" in college does not mean he will do so in the pro's. Matt Lienhart was teh golden boy coming out of USC and he cant even beat out a 38 year old man for the starting job. So your logic is clearly off. As I am sure you know very well ryan leaf was a great college QB who couldnt hack it in the pro's so ones college pedegree has nothing to do with their NFL succsess. Matt Cassel never started a game at USC but yet he is considered by the experts (right now anyway) to be the 12th best QB in all of football mean while Matt Lienhart is riding the bench.
    Posted by MVPkilla

Taz,
    You're out of mind if you think Sanchez is in the Lionheart mold. Sanchez is a much better athlete, person, and QB. All the SC games are on TV out here and he looked the part. It was a good pick by the Jets IMO. You'll see.

http://usctrojans.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2008-2009/teamstat.html
    http://usctrojans.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2008-2009/teamcume.html

34TD 10 Ints

Sanchez was by far the best QB in the draft.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Excelling in the Pac-10 does not guarantee you can even compete in the NFL. We've seen what can happen with QBs who are "good athletes" in the NCAA (i.e. Vince Young, Michael Vick). The Jests don't have a legitimate threat at WR, a coach who knows defense, not offense, and will be facing defenses far superior to the ones he faced at SC. And Bolt, you should hate the Jests, anyway! Didn't they also knock your precious Chargers out of the playoffs a few years back (but that's not saying much as it seems the only team SD can beat in January is the Colts)? Keep up your wishful thinking! Come next postseason (if SD makes it) they will be invited to Foxboro once again, where the tears will again freeze on Tomlinson's face...if he even plays instead of sulking on the sidelines like a 7 year old!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommiller4025. Show tommiller4025's posts

1.  Miami -they're the champs so give them their due.  2.  Pats -we do better as the underdog anyway. 3.  Jets - better than the Bills doesn't say much 4.  Bills - who is their left tackle?
    Posted by themightypatriots

There is no way the Dolphins are better than the Pats.  No quarterback means no title and we have ours back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

TomIV huh? you from Quincy Mass by any chance Tom?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from critterc83. Show critterc83's posts

Pats 14-2
    Dolphins 9-7
    Bills 6-10
    Jets 5-11

Sections
Shortcuts