Ranking the AFC Teams

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FcukUPayMe. Show FcukUPayMe's posts

Ranking the AFC Teams

1. Baltimore Ravens (although they're number 2 in AFC North, they've beaten much better teams, including the Steelers twice)
    2. Pittsburgh Steelers 
    3. New England Patriots 
    4. Houston Texans (still way too inconsistent)
    5. Oakland Raiders (feels weird putting them this high but the AFC is a lot thinner this year in top teams)
    6. New York Jets
    7. Cincinnati Bengals

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfantiltheend. Show patsfantiltheend's posts

Re: Ranking the AFC Teams

pretty good list, im sure it will be totally different in a few weeks though

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Have to put Big Ben and the Steelers on top.  I just don't believe in Flacco.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Flacco and the aging defense are all incosistent. It honestly a toss up between the top 3 in my honest opinion. But, it will be clear in 3 or 4 weeks who really has control of the AFC.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The Pats are about as good as anybody in the AFC.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Ranking the AFC Teams:
    [QUOTE]The Pats are about as good as anybody in the AFC.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah.

I would love to play the Steelers again. NE probably won't lose to them twice in one season. 

And the Ravens have a truly disfunctional (hot and then cold) offense. 

The trick now is getting home field in the first round. I would take visiting Bitchburgh in the AFC Championship ... Brady can handle that. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ranking the AFC Teams : Oh yeah. I would love to play the Steelers again. NE probably won't lose to them twice in one season.  And the Ravens have a truly disfunctional (hot and then cold) offense.  The trick now is getting home field in the first round. I would take visiting Bitchburgh in the AFC Championship ... Brady can handle that. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Our remaining schedule is the best of the contenders for top seed. We probably have to win them all for that though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

1. Texans 2. Pats 3. Steelers 4. Ravens 5. Raiders 6. Cincy 7. Jets 8. Titans 9. Buffalo 10. Bolts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

I don't know. Baltimore losing to the Seahawks? And remember the loss to Jacksonville a few weeks back? They are too inconsistent on offense. When they play their best game, they're the best in the AFC, but they don't always bring their A-game.

I think the AFC is up for grabs right now. I'd put Steelers at No. 1 right now, but if we played them next week, I think we would beat them. We just need to continue the strong play we had tonight and not worry about where other teams stand, because it's pretty tough to tell.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Well we've learned that Pitt is better than New England and the Ravens are better than Pitt right?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

So does that make Seattle better then Balt pitt and NE? Failed logic

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

1. Ravens
    2. Steelers
    3. Pats
    4. Texans
    5. Raiders
    6. Cincy
    7. Jets
    8. Titans
    9. Buffalo
    10. Bolts

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

[QUOTE]1. Steelers 2. Pats 3. Ravens 4. Texans 5. Cincy 6. Raiders 7. Titans 8. Buffalo 9. Bolts 10. Jets
    Posted by dmpc[/QUOTE]

I like this list...closest to me thoughts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

All patriots losses came down to the wire and against good teams which gives them an edge

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FcukUPayMe. Show FcukUPayMe's posts

A lot of you have Cincinnati in the top six. Although their record is 6-3, they've beaten Cleveland, Buffalo, Jacksonville, Indianapolis, Seattle and Tennessee. So only two wins are against teams with winning records. But two of their loses come at the hands of the Steelers and 49ers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

Ravens
    PATS
    Texans
    Steelers

Need to place it in this order, Ravens have beaten Steelers 2times and the Texans, We lost to Steelers.           

Thought in all honesty you can rearrange all 4 of those teams in any order and be right, its that close right now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ranking the AFC Teams : Oh yeah. I would love to play the Steelers again. NE probably won't lose to them twice in one season.  And the Ravens have a truly disfunctional (hot and then cold) offense.  The trick now is getting home field in the first round. I would take visiting Bitchburgh in the AFC Championship ... Brady can handle that. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Home field?  How has that worked out the last two years?  I just want them to be healthy and playing well come play-off time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I agree that this is almost certainly a week to week proposition.  You could rank the Pats, Steeler, Ravens, Texans and, arguably, Bengals in any order and make a case. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Regardless of where we might think the Pat's rank among the best. After last nights win. They put themselves in good position to be near or at the top of the final season standings...Based on strength of their remaining opponants it's not inconcievable that they could win out and finish 13-3 with only Pittsburgh holding an advantage based on their head to head win overus two weeks ago, however the Steelers have lost 3 conference games. While the Pats and Texans only have two losses against AFC opponants. Giving both a leg up...

If the season ended today the Texans #1 and Steelers #2 would get byes while the Pat's would be the #3 seed and play Cincinnati @ home. The Raiders #4 seed, would play at home and take on the Ravens...The key stat is that 5 of 6 teams that today are in the hunt, have only 3 losses. Oakland is the exception with 4, but are currently in 1st place in the AFC West. From this point forward, every loss is big with conference losses being of even more importance...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings?type=playoffs&sort=conferenceRank&order=false

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I have to go with the below.  Records and head-to-heads aren'
    t everything but they are important.  Also important is strength of schedule/division they play in, point differential etc.:

HOU (7-3) +107, OFF rank #8, DEF rank #1 (PPG #2)
    BAL (6-3) +73, OFF rank #15, DEF rank #3 (PPG #3)
    PIT (7-3) +41, OFF rank #10, DEF rank #2 (PPG #4)
    NE (6-3) +59, OFF rank #2, DEF rank #32 (PPG T15)
    CIN (6-3) +48, OFF rank #24, DEF rank #5 (PPG #5)
    NYJ (5-4) +15, OFF rank #23, DEF rank #8 (PPG T15
    TEN (5-4) +14, OFF rank #21, DEF rank #15 (PPG #7)
    BUF (5-4) +11, OFF rank #14, DEF rank #28 (PPG #23)

It is really a stretch to put NE any higher than #4 in the conference at this point with the #32 ranked Defense.  But were it matters most, points, they are at #15.  The Pats have already played the toughest part of their schedule and have the easiest schedule in the NFL remaining.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Hey, with God on their side, you have to put the Broncos at #1.  Anything less and you risk some hard-core Old Testament wrath.

After that, Texans second.  I haven't seen them yet, but W-L and point differential are impressive. 

I would make Pats-Steelers-Ravens about even, as these teams are mecurial in their performances.

Then Bengals, 

Raiders

and Bills. 

The rest don't matter.