***Ranking the League's Uni's***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

***Ranking the League's Uni's***

Just one guy's opinion... I generally prefer the classic/vintage look, what are your thoughts?

1.  Cleveland Browns – As classic and simple as they get, best in the league, hands down.

2.  Seattle Seahawks – Love the new uni,s, especially the flourescent green and all gray.

3.  Chicago Bears- Another classic look.

4.  Kansas City Chiefs – Notice a theme.

5.  San Francisco 49ers – Glad they went back to more of the 80’s look.

6.  Green Bay Packers – I love old school.

7.  Washington Redskins – I like the maroon and yellow.

8.  New England Patriots – The old school Pat the Patriot uni’s would be at or near the top.

9.  Tampa Bay Buccaneers – I’d rank the orange creamsicle uni’s even higher.

10.  New York Giants – Have always been fond of their uni’s, especially the 80's/90's.

11.  Jacksonville Jaguars – Sort of the like the color scheme.

12.  Buffalo Bills- Kinda wish they went back to the early 90’s look.

13.  Pittsburgh Steelers –Haven’t changed much, like the logo on only one side of the helmet.

14.  Oakland Raiders – Cool colors/logo… I like the relatively plain mesh jerseys.

15.  Detroit Lions – Would be ranked higher if they went back to more of the 80’s/90’s look.

16.  Atlanta Falcons- Would be ranked higher if they went back to the red helmets full time.

17.  Baltimore Ravens – Purple and black looks cool to me, not a huge fan of the helmet/logo.

18.  Indianapolis Colts – Classis look, not bad.

19.  Cincinnati Bengals- Loved the helmets as a kid, but not a fan of the uni’s overall.

20.  San Diego Chargers- Not sure why they don’t employ the power blues full-time.

21.  Saint Louis Rams- Wish they’d go back to the LA Rams yellow/blue look.

22.  Minnesota Vikings –  Have never really liked these.

23.  New Orleans Saints – Not a huge fan of the colors.

24.  Dallas Cowboys – Was never really a fan of the blue-gray pants.

25.  Arizona Cardinals- Meh

26.  Denver Broncos- Would be ranked higher if they went back to the early Elway years look.

27.  Houston Texans – Meh.

28.  Miami Dolphins – Have never been a fan of the colors.

29.  Philadelphia Eagles – They’d be ranked higher if they went back to green/gray, i.e. Cunningham years.

30.  Tennessee Titans- Have never really liked these, thought the Oiler uni’s were pretty sharp though.

31.  Carolina Panthers- These are actually the worst in the league… colors and overall unit’s are horrible.

32.  New York Jets- Jet’s suck, so they’re last… liked the 80’s uni’s much better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: ***Ranking the League's Uni's***

Is anyone besides me still not comfortable with the Pats "new" Flying Elvis logo?

And . . .

I hate watching the Steelers on CBS because the network highlights their logo in the scoreboard panel yellow, so it looks like there's a flag on every play.

And plus besides . . .   I just hate the Steelers.

The Seahawks have cool uniforms and I don't hate them (very much).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Top 5 for me are

1. SF

2. GB

3. PHI

4. KC

5. SEA

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Honestly, CLE is probably near the bottom of my list. i just think it's such a boring color and everytime I look at them, I just think of Elway beating them and how bad they are. Maybe it's biggest I associate the team's performance with the uni's, who knows. I'm just not a huge fan.

Just my opinion though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Just to piggy-back on Rusty's Raider comment (that is you, isn't it Rusty?), Oakland fan can go to the game dressed as Darth Vader and not look like a complete idiot . . .  so . . .

that's pretty cool, I guess.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is anyone besides me still not comfortable with the Pats "new" Flying Elvis logo?

And . . .

I hate watching the Steelers on CBS because the network highlights their logo in the scoreboard panel yellow, so it looks like there's a flag on every play.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not a fan of the Flying Elvis, would love to see them do a hybrid type uni, incorporate the Pat the Patriot into the new color scheme, etc.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am not going to do all 32, but I am surprised if you dig the classic look you like the god awful and forced flourescent Seahawks thing. I like their originals a lot better and actually had a Curt Warner jersey when I was a kid.

I'll top 5 and bottom 5:

1.  Raiders. Hate the Raiders, but's hard to argue with those things. I like the idea of making a circle on a helmet, almost like a patch of sorts, and then finishing it off with a killer logo, which it is.

2. 49ers.  Just a clean, classic logo and look. Great colors. 

3. Saints.  Same thing.  The Fleur de lis logo is always cool and the simpler, the better.

4. Skins.  Great colors, great logo. When they switched to their current day log from the original one (spears), I liked the upgrade.

5. Chargers.  Two lightning bolts on anything looks cool. Also, the powder blues are hard to beat.

Bottom 5:

1. Baltimore Ravens.   It's almost like the designers of these things didn't know what to do. Let's use purple because only Minny has purple, but  let's also panic and make it look meaner, too, so let's use some black.  But ,the comical aspect of that is those colors are so similar, they don't contrast enough. Then, the logo is had to see on the helmet itself. It's just definitive enough on a black helmet. These are so bad there is a goofy looking bird on it and the original was actually the Maryland state flag.  FAIL.

2. Denver Broncos.  What went from god awful ugly, got uglier with a tweak in 1997 to Arena League ugly.  The stripes on the pants and the goofy swooshes on the helmet, make these disasters complete, not to mention orange that bright is just always a bad choice.  I would like nothing more than to see goofy Gomer look bad this postseason in a goofy orange jersey and a goofy looking helmet that makes his forehead red. Yes, I think about such things.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars. Logo is somewhat boring and lame and the teal thing just feels forced. Always has. Also, their logo isn't that definitive on a black helmet.

4. Miami Dolphins. I know the orange is supposed to be orange, but it actually looks more like pink/fuschia. The originator of the awful aqua idea.  Blech.  Throw in the fact they usually wear white pants...horrendous. 

5. Carolina Panthers.  Similar to Jax. I remember when this concept of "teal" became a popular marketing color in the late 1980s and early 1990s and it's just an awful idea for football.  I'd be embarrassed if any of my teams had colors like that.

As you can see, I am a traditionalist. I would put the Browns in the top 10. Steelers, too. Original Pats uni is a top choice as is Dallas's.

The rest are fine and I'm sort of indifferent to. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Seattle is the exception for me, don't know why, but I like them... I do like the Curt Warner era uni's as well.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Top 5 

1. Green Bay

2. Pitt

3. Ravens

4. Seahawks

5. Saints

Bottom 5

28. Titans

29. Cowboys

30. Browns

31. Jets

32. Chargers

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Best

1. Niners

2. Packers

3. Bears

4. Cowboys

5. Tie: Bills, Chiefs, Giants

Worst (no order)

Panthers, Broncos, Lions, Titans, Jags, Bengals

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

And . . .

[/QUOTE]

I'm not a fan of the Flying Elvis, would love to see them do a hybrid type uni, incorporate the Pat the Patriot into the new color scheme, etc.

[/QUOTE]

They just take the original logo with the circle and the Pat Patriot guy in that circle, make a little smaller than current Pat Patriot one, maybe combine the current color scheme of the Elvi, and then go from there.

So, sort of use the Raiders concept of the circle patch concept, but the original Boston Patriot look, but current colors.

They should just make that their everyday uni.

SO, this on the side of the curren helmet:

[/QUOTE]

Not bad, but the face looks like something a teenager scribbles in their notebook while zoning out in class.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

That's kind of why it's classic. He's crazy or maybe just hammered. Who wants to mess with a Patriot in that condition? hehe

[/QUOTE]

Ha, looks like he's on crystal meth.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

From Wikipedia:

The Patriots went about the business of giving the team a brand new look for 1993, in every way. The most dramatic change was the hiring of Bill Parcells, a 2-time Super Bowl winner, as head coach. One of the most respected coaches in the history of the game, Parcells brought instant credibility and respectability for the franchise. He was also largely given a free hand with respect to personnel. Changes to the uniforms and logo were rolled out as well. The old "Pat Patriot" logo - which to many was a symbol of the Patriots' ineptitude - was retired and replaced with a stylized Patriot head, designed in tandem with NFL Properties that many fans would eventually call "Flying Elvis". The team's primary color changed from red to blue, and the helmets from white to silver.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Here is THE BEST UNI in the league - when will we use it????

New England Patriots

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

1. New England Patriots - Modern era

2. New England Partiots - Throwback era

On a side not I do like the teams that refuse to change their classics style, i.e, Chic, Pitt, GB, Oak, KC, and such.

The unis that I really dislike are the all black that NO, Balt and Jax are now wearing. Could you imgaine the Steelers blacking out like that? Not. LOL

Oh as for ugly: Seattle, Cincy, Orange Denver, Orange Bears, and those hideous throwback some team like to wear

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

And . . .

[/QUOTE]

Logos shouldn't have people's faces on them . . . 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Top 3:

(1) Browns

(2) Redskins

(3) Chargers

Bottom 3:

(1) Falcons

(2) Jets

(3) Bengals

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Niners, Browns, and Skins in that order.

The old Pats uni's used to be the best.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I didn't like the old Pats' unis at all because I can't stand red jerseys or white helmets. That being said they were better than the jerseys that replaced them but I like the current ones the best. The Pat Patriot logo was a classic though.

Sections
Shortcuts