Rap sees Pats going after another vet WR

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Rap sees Pats going after another vet WR

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 3m

Even though the #Patriots agreed to terms with Julian Edelman today, expect them to seek out one more free agent WR on the market.

good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re: Rap sees Pats going after another vet WR

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 3m

Even though the #Patriots agreed to terms with Julian Edelman today, expect them to seek out one more free agent WR on the market.

good.

[/QUOTE]

It's either Jones or Samders JMO

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I want Jones but even Sanders would be great

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

I want Jones but even Sanders would be great

[/QUOTE]

Excellent, excellent news!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Jones 6'1" Sanders 5'11"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Jones and Sanders are both around 6' tall, which is basically the same height as Boyce, Thompkins and Amendola. Dobson is going to start slow after surgery on his foot.

I'd like a downfield guy who is also 6'3" or so... but we do need a smart veteran and one of those guys should be for Brady what Gaffney was a couple years back, 35-40 catches and solid.

If we sign Jones or Sanders could Kenbrell (or Boyce) be offered in a package with Mallett for a pick? Tout the chemistry the two developed during practice as a way to clinch a pick in the 35-50 range?

Edelman, Amendola, Dobson, Slater, Boyce and Kenbrell... team usually just carries 6 WR's right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

Larry Fitzgerald?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Kenny Britt.  1 yr cheap deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This should be interesting

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

A vet wideout would be a nice addition.  The tall, fast, good hands ones, however, all appear to be under contract with other teams.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Jones would be ideal, big, fast and a solid citizen. Experienced in a high octane offense with a demanding QB.

Sanders and Lance Moore are safe, not terribly exciting, smaller guys who'd be fine. Miles Austin, Sidney Rice, Britt are all boom or bust types, could be elite but could do nothing. 

If I'm ranking them, it's Jones, Austin, Rice, Sanders, Moore, Britt.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

I bet you it's a smaller prospect who will come cheap but still young and has potential. I say it'll be Danario Alexander. He's injured but he'll come pretty cheap. I say no guaranteed money since he finished injured 2 years in a row. If not a Jacoby Ford, Darrius Heyward-Bey, or Seyi Ajirotutu.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

WHY WHEN I POST THIS EVERYONE BUSTS MY BALLS?

But when someone else posts it no balls are busted.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

when did you post this?

I was only bustin you for wanting Decker or someone of that caliber wasting cap space on WR when it could be on BBrowner and Revis which thankfully it is.

James Jones or Sanders wont break the bank and could be big for what they make $$ wise

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My man, it may have to do with using belittling comments you use to define some of our wide-outs.  If you simple said they need another body - that's one thing; however, you'll make comments regarding Edelman's healthy, Dobson's foot ect.  

I don't think there is anything wrong with what you do, but it seems you can be rather critical when using your reasoning.  

You're more right than wrong btw, but the means you use can raise an eye brow, ya know?  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My man, it may have to do with using belittling comments you use to define some of our wide-outs.  If you simple said they need another body - that's one thing; however, you'll make comments regarding Edelman's healthy, Dobson's foot ect.  

I don't think there is anything wrong with what you do, but it seems you can be rather critical when using your reasoning.  

You're more right than wrong btw, but the means you use can raise an eye brow, ya know?  

[/QUOTE]

This, and the idea that they need a big time number one receiver. None of the guys left are that, they're all complementary guys. Plus the unhealthy Decker obsession, and not Brooklyn, that I could get behind, so to speak...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This, and the idea that they need a big time number one receiver. None of the guys left are that, they're all complementary guys. Plus the unhealthy Decker obsession, and not Brooklyn, that I could get behind, so to speak...

[/QUOTE]

But he's passionate about the WR position, just has to channel that energy a bit differently.  

One of the top 10 member's of the forum, no doubt.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

When have I been wrong?  Smile

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

what a Whiny *****....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

when did you post this?

I was only bustin you for wanting Decker or someone of that caliber wasting cap space on WR when it could be on BBrowner and Revis which thankfully it is.

James Jones or Sanders wont break the bank and could be big for what they make $$ wise

[/QUOTE]

I posted in another thread. No biggie, but what I really meant was whenever I bring up the Pats need another WR people bust my balls saying WR is the least of the Pats concern.

Yet, many here say another WR is needed, even the guys in the press are saying it.  No balls are busted.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to part-timer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

what a Whiny *****....

[/QUOTE]

Oh blo me!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to part-timer's comment:

[QUOTE]

what a Whiny *****....

[/QUOTE]

He asked a real question with a point at hand, and one of which that generated 2 responses explaining the issue. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Free agent WR Kenny Britt will visit with the Patriots on Sunday.

Britt visited with the Rams on Saturday, but left without a contract. New England still has a need at receiver after bringing back Julian Edelman and could be a fit for Britt given Bill Belichick's ties to former Rutgers players. Britt has drawn interest from as many as five teams, but should only require a one-year, "prove-it" deal.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

I posted in another thread. No biggie, but what I really meant was whenever I bring up the Pats need another WR people bust my balls saying WR is the least of the Pats concern.

Yet, many here say another WR is needed, even the guys in the press are saying it.  No balls are busted.

[/QUOTE]

I think it is pretty low on the list myself, I'd be looking at OL, DL, S and TE ahead of WR. But alas, it's not my call.

Sections
Shortcuts