Rap sees Pats going after another vet WR

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Rap sees Pats going after another vet WR

Britt if he's even close to his 2011 self ain't getting out of Foxboro, he has a strong support team with all the veterans from Rutgers hanging out with him. There are presently 6 former Scarlett Knights on the roster.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Free agent WR Kenny Britt will visit with the Patriots on Sunday.

Britt visited with the Rams on Saturday, but left without a contract. New England still has a need at receiver after bringing back Julian Edelman and could be a fit for Britt given Bill Belichick's ties to former Rutgers players. Britt has drawn interest from as many as five teams, but should only require a one-year, "prove-it" deal.

Sanders appears to have Deion Branch-like potential, playing with Brady in New England. But, perhaps not, due to injury concerns: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10609547/emmanuel-sanders-faces-signing-issue-due-medical-concerns

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Britt visited with the Rams on Saturday, but left without a contract. New England still has a need at receiver after bringing back Julian Edelman and could be a fit for Britt given Bill Belichick's ties to former Rutgers players. Britt has drawn interest from as many as five teams, but should only require a one-year, "prove-it" deal.[/QUOTE]

If given a choice, I'd choose Sanders. He has Deion Branch-like potential, playing with Brady in New England.

[/QUOTE]

Emmanuel Sanders - WR - Broncos

Broncos agreed to terms with WR Emmanuel Sanders, formerly of the Steelers.

Sanders never even visited with the Broncos, but will replace Eric Decker as the No. 3 receiver behind Demaryius Thomas and Wes Welker. It's an ideal landing spot for his fantasy value, though Sanders likely won't be higher than the No. 4 option in the passing game. Sanders was reportedly seeking a contract in the range of Golden Tate's $13 million guaranteed, but may have had to settle for a short-term deal due to medical concerns. If he can stay healthy for a full season, Sanders has a strong chance to improve on his 67/740/6 line from 2013 playing in a Peyton Manning led offense. The 49ers, Jets, Chiefs, and Jaguars also showed interest in Sanders prior to signing with Denver.     Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Mar 15 - 9:22 PM

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Jerry Thornton ‏@jerrythornton1   2h

The Pats are very close to signing WR Brandon LaFell. Let's just say I know a guy who knows a guy. But book it #PatriotsTalk

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think it is pretty low on the list myself, I'd be looking at OL, DL, S and TE ahead of WR. But alas, it's not my call.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. But, there aren't many good OL or DL folks left to be had, at a reasonable price. At least if the Pats sign another WR, it may spare them the necessity of having to use a draft pick on one. This would free them to use any or all of their picks to strengthen themselves in the trenches.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Britt visited with the Rams on Saturday, but left without a contract. New England still has a need at receiver after bringing back Julian Edelman and could be a fit for Britt given Bill Belichick's ties to former Rutgers players. Britt has drawn interest from as many as five teams, but should only require a one-year, "prove-it" deal.[/QUOTE]

If given a choice, I'd choose Sanders. He has Deion Branch-like potential, playing with Brady in New England.

[/QUOTE]

Emmanuel Sanders - WR - Broncos

Broncos agreed to terms with WR Emmanuel Sanders, formerly of the Steelers.

Sanders never even visited with the Broncos, but will replace Eric Decker as the No. 3 receiver behind Demaryius Thomas and Wes Welker. It's an ideal landing spot for his fantasy value, though Sanders likely won't be higher than the No. 4 option in the passing game. Sanders was reportedly seeking a contract in the range of Golden Tate's $13 million guaranteed, but may have had to settle for a short-term deal due to medical concerns. If he can stay healthy for a full season, Sanders has a strong chance to improve on his 67/740/6 line from 2013 playing in a Peyton Manning led offense. The 49ers, Jets, Chiefs, and Jaguars also showed interest in Sanders prior to signing with Denver.     Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Mar 15 - 9:22 PM 

[/QUOTE]

I was unaware of Sanders' medical history: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10609547/emmanuel-sanders-faces-signing-issue-due-medical-concerns

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

If BB watched the AFC Championship game, he will be trying to upgrade the WR position.