Ras I Dowling to IR

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Ras I Dowling to IR

Patriots placed CB Ras-I Dowling (hip) on injured reserve, ending his season.

A move that makes the Patriots' Friday release of Leigh Bodden all the more baffling. The Patriots' second-round pick, Dowlling appeared in just two games this season after turning in an injury-plagued senior season at the University of Virginia. He has now dealt with hip, hamstring, knee and ankle injuries the past two seasons. New England's 32nd ranked pass defense is now down to just Devin McCourty, Kyle Arrington, Antwan Molden and Phillip Adams at cornerback. Ben Roethlisberger could have a career day Sunday.

From rotoworld

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Re: Ras I Dowling to IR

that stinks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Wow. Now the Bodden move looks curious.

At the same time, they played more 4-3 two weeks ago against the Cowboys. Maybe NE doesn't think they need more than two corners, and the rest can be JAGs? 

Maybe Molden was that impressive. Strange moves. 

Anyhow, Ne now has two vacant roster spots. 

Wonder who goes there?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In Response to Re: Ras I Dowling to IR:
    Wow. Now the Bodden move looks curious. At the same time, they played more 4-3 two weeks ago against the Cowboys. Maybe NE doesn't think they need more than two corners, and the rest can be JAGs?  Maybe Molden was that  impressive. Strange moves.  Anyhow, Ne now has two vacant roster spots.  Wonder who goes there?
    Posted by zbellino

Deaderick and Faulk were activated.

No way NE doesnt think they need more than two corners...if theyre gonna win the super bowl, theyre gonna have to beat the saints or packers most likely...that will require as many cbs as we can get

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Another high draft pick disappoints.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

^ Totally agree. BB's philosophy has been, can't have enough corners in today's NFL. I can't understand how one of the worst(statistical) pass defense's in the league just lost 2 of their best cbs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

C r a p ...

He showed great potential in College but the big knock on him was that he was fragile .

Risk / Reward thang I guess .

Fact is  -Pats payed BIG to get Ras - I 
    (passing on trade -up packages for fear of losing out on him )

UGHHHH !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Another high draft pick disappoints.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Why NE keeps taking injury risk guys is really escaping me. 

Ok. Gronk worked out.

But Wheatley, Tate, and Crable were horrible picks. It doesn't look good in the early going for Dowling either, though I would give the kid another two seasons before I stick a fork in him. 

Cannon is still out there too, he needs more time. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Stinks but don't panic... we won a Super Bowl with Troy Brown playing nickel back.  Also there are a lot of free agent corners and people are getting cut off losing teams every day.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Obviously they knew he was going on IR before they let Bodden go.  Bodden must've really put himself in the dog house. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

holy crap batman!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Stinks but don't panic... we won a Super Bowl with Troy Brown playing nickel back.  Also there are a lot of free agent corners and people are getting cut off losing teams every day.
    Posted by wozzy

Yeah but Troy Brown had more reps on defense then half of our current secondary.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

shalise manza young 
    Dowling took nearly 90mins to finish 45min workout at UVa pro day bc he was gimpy & kept stopping to be stretched. this isn't new deal...

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Ras I Dowling to IR : Why NE keeps taking injury risk guys is really escaping me.  Ok. Gronk worked out. But Wheatley, Tate, and Crable were horrible picks. It doesn't look good in the early going for Dowling either, though I would give the kid another two seasons before I stick a fork in him.  Cannon is still out there too, he needs more time. 
    Posted by zbellino

And Vollmer's back has reared its head as well. I think we know we can get more player for the pick by taking risky guys. But if they can't play that does no good. I just hope Gronk's back issues stay abated. This D is a mess right now. Mamma mia.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

It is of no concern.  Soon the Steelers will be crushed and the Pats will be dishing out payback on Eli. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Bummer. Hope BB has a plan to find some CBs

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

& the CHINA DOLL gets put back on the shelf.....this will be an ongoing sage with GLASS BOY.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

Curiouser & curiouser. Bill had to know about Dowling before dumping Bodden, You have to trust his decisions being that he and TB will be the winningest tandem in QB/Coach history w/their next win (in a lot less games too) but from the outsider point of view....Wow

With the safeties, I knew Meriweather wasn't long for the team, but thought we'd keep Sanders. I didn't think he was awful. Then BAM, both are gone. Now this

Can't wait to see how they do tomorrow

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Not good at all, but based on his career in HS and College, it can not possibly be seen as unexpected....looks like yet another high draft picked DB washout for Master Hoodie...bad timing with the Steelrs looking to pass alot this week with their best blocking WR (Hines) probably out, making the long pass, which Rapelsburger does well, all the more likely.

REDZONEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

RapSheet Ian R. Rapoport
    Source: Ras-I Dowling had an MRI over the past days. Results revealed a torn tendon in leg. No surgery, would've needed 4+ wks to heal

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ian R. Rapoport 
    Dowling's injury, I'm told, allowed him to practice one day, then essentially debilitated him for 2 days. That's why, on-again, off-again

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

tendons take longer to heal. wonder which tendon.
    there goes the mad of glass theory postulted by some. 
    a torn tendon has nothing to do with durablity. it happens in athletics.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Nagging injuries, the type that have plagued him since he was in highschool.  I really, really hope this projection works out; BB has swung and missed too many times in the secondary since 2007.  As for Bodden, there must have been some contributing factor, a few in the media have speculated he wasn't thrilled with his role at the star position.  

Just to be clear, the current 'depth chart' is 
    1. Arrington
    2. Dev
    3. Molden?

Molden in limited snaps looked good enough, but he's listed at 6'1.  That's like putting Cromartie inside the hashes, I can't see that paying dividends. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Chung in the star position !

Sections
Shortcuts