Ras I Dowling

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Ras I Dowling

What is BB thinking? This guy can't stay on the field as he's always injured, he was rated 56 or worst in the combine oi BB takes him at 33. He's slow and has other issues. just another bargain basement CB like Wheatley, Whilhite and Butler ALL BUSTS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Ras I Dowling

go to your mom and cry

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

a second round pick on an injury waiting to happen?? what is this guy gonna cost for his "possible" contribution?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

I bet you were one of the people who hated the Gronk pick because he had back surgury and was out a year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I for one heard nothing  but good things from Mike Mayock & that works for me....am I expecting another McCourty???...No not right away but the potential is there.....having depth at DB is a great thing & I haven't written off Butler just yet...I do agree on whilhite & Wheatly...they sucked & neither will be on the team this year...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

jader, were u one of those that complained that DMc was a special teamer last year?  How did that turn out for ya?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Ras compares to McCourty coming out of college and is a big physical corner so I completely understand the pick and actually don't think it's a bad pick. To me though pass rush is the best way to help the pass defense not adding more coverage at this point. I'll take Ras with a smile if he can stay health but I'd rather have a pass rush with that pick

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffory. Show jeffory's posts

Ras I is very fast and ran 4.4 at the combine with a hamstring issue. He's big and can cause problems for wide receivers at the line of scrimage. He also has catch up speed. His only injury issues were in his senior year. Prior to that he was tough. A very good addition which will help on third downs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miketetreault30. Show miketetreault30's posts

I watched all of Dowling's home games at the U of Virginia and he was awesome....QBs in the ACC did very little throwing his way.  Yes, he got hurt
    last year and missed some games - but London did not get him hurt further.  He played and was effective when he could.  The plan all along was for him to be
    ready for the NFL.  In my opinion a great pick-up!  Just wish they had used a late round pick on Keith Payne as well- that guy was a horse of a running back - the ACC leader in scoring last year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Your right he has trouble staying healthy, but that is literally the only knock on this guy.  I dont know where you heard speed was an issue, the kid runs a 4.43 40.  He is big, strong, sure tackler and a strong cover corner.  He is also a class act character guy.  Im all for Ras-I MY BOY!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Ras-I paired with McCourty and Bodden, flat out dirty.

Take a look at the Jets, does their front seven scare you? No, they don't. They have good cover corners that can play physical at the line of scrimmage and cover well. They utilize exotic blitz schemes to get pressure, they dont have a premier pass rusher, neither do we.

Now, I can admit that Rex knows what he is doing on D, but so does BB. I wouldn't be suprized if BB tried to copy that form of D in some way.

Lastly, I wouldn't be suprized if Cunningham progresses and records 5-8 sacks this year. He made the transition last year and should be improving from year one to two.